• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nailz left me legit shook as a kid, fucking scary

He mentioned on a Miami sports talk show last week how he charges $500/hour and something like $20k for a weekend. And that he decides what happens during that time (sex up to him essentially), they just pay for his company, not activities. He also says being a gigalo was his wife's idea and it was an "accident".

That's pretty cool of his wife. Maybe he doesn't even bone any of the women if he decided not to. "I will stand behind you and flex all weekend, no touching"

Kinda wish he stayed in the WWE, was a decent wrestler in the WCW

That's pretty cool of his wife. Maybe he doesn't even bone any of the women if he decided not to. "I will stand behind you and flex all weekend, no touching"

Kinda wish he stayed in the WWE, was a decent wrestler in the WCW

I'm actually very surprised that Vince released him so quick. He was definitly one of those WCW guys that would get over easily with the WWF crowd back than

strobogo

Banned
I'm not surprised at all. Vince originally only hired him because the fan response at the simulcast surprised him. And then he put on that shitty match with Booker, was a whiny baby backstage, and had his mom calling the office all the time.

I'm not surprised at all. Vince originally only hired him because the fan response at the simulcast surprised him. And then he put on that shitty match with Booker, was a whiny baby backstage, and had his mom calling the office all the time.

Judy Bagwell? Oh god. Did that really happen? Even so that's not a good reason to release him. Guys like Randy Orton shit in divas purses, Batista was a legit douche starting fights with Booker T and having affairs with fellow divas in relationships.

Watching Survivor Series 93 I noticed Warrior still being on the cover with Savage, Flair and Razor. They were that lazy to change it to perfect? Also why did Warrior leave so soon during his 2nd stint? After Summerslam 92 Warrior was the biggest flake. I was also so disappointed when he left because I idolized him when I was a kid

You mean Series '92, not '93. Warrior didn't quit in 1992. Him and the British Bulldog were fired for failing drug tests. The government was breathing down Vince's neck and everyone had to get clean. No exceptions. That's why you see everyone getting smaller in 1992. Look at Warrior and Hogan at WM8 compared to WM7 for example. Warrior and Bulldog popped dirty and got canned. Bulldog was the Intercontinental Champion when he got fired. He was originally supposed to defend the title against The Mountie at Survivor Series '92, but had to drop it out of nowhere to Shawn Michaels and leave.

Bulldog+v.+Mountie.png

Lothar

Banned

It was so weird that he decided to even mention at the simulcast. Why was Buff ever on his radar? If you mention Buff, might as well mention Scott Norton, Rick Steiner, Disco Inferno, etc..

strobogo

Banned
It was so weird that he decided to even mention at the simulcast. Why was Buff ever on his radar? If you mention Buff, might as well mention Scott Norton, Rick Steiner, Disco Inferno, etc..

I think he was expecting no response or booing so he could laugh and bury Buff like he did Jeff Jarrett.

You mean Series '92, not '93. Warrior didn't quit in 1992. Him and the British Bulldog were fired for failing drug tests. The government was breathing down Vince's neck and everyone had to get clean. No exceptions. That's why you see everyone getting smaller in 1992. Look at Warrior and Hogan at WM8 compared to WM7 for example. Warrior and Bulldog popped dirty and got canned. Bulldog was the Intercontinental Champion when he got fired. He was originally supposed to defend the title against The Mountie at Survivor Series '92, but had to drop it out of nowhere to Shawn Michaels and leave.

Bulldog+v.+Mountie.png

Wow, makes total sense now. I always wondered why Warrior looked so tiny like DYEL status at mania 8. Also explains Bulldogs much slimmer form once he returned, Bulldog with the braids looked bloated and juiced to the grillz. I remember when Bulldog dropped the title to HBK too.

The Nasty Boys seem like they've been ripped straight from Final Fight and every beat em up from the late 80s and early 90s. Gimmick of the times indeed

turnbuckle

For some reason I'm not able to pause, rewind, fast forward, or otherwise interact with the player on PC (using Chrome).

This is the first time running into this issue. Anyone else experience this?

-----

Just tried it with Firefox and not having the issue. Weird. Chrome was working fine before.

strobogo

Banned
I don't think they were popped for being dirty. I think what actually happened was they were both caught getting shipments of HGH and were fired for it.

I don't think they were popped for being dirty. I think what actually happened was they were both caught getting shipments of HGH and were fired for it.

WWE never mentioned that on the Warrior DVD. He was fired in 96 for no showing several dates.

Why was Perfect semi retired for a year? Did he just decide to return as a replacement 9 days before the event? Or was he going to return regardless?

strobogo

Banned
WWE never mentioned that on the Warrior DVD. He was fired in 96 for no showing several dates.

Why was Perfect semi retired for a year? Did he just decide to return as a replacement 9 days before the event? Or was he going to return regardless?

He had a back injury in 1991 that kept him out of action for most of that year and that's why he was Flair's manager/doing color in 1992. I think he was the biggest star Vince had to cover for Warrior. He probably was going to return regardless, but maybe not when he did if it hadn't been for Warrior.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Watched Angle/Benoit vs. Edge/Mysterio from No Mercy '02 earlier today. What a fantastic match. I really hope they post some Smackdown episodes from 2002 so I can relive that whole Smackdown Six era. Angle, Benoit, Edge, Mysterio, Eddie and Chavo feuding in the midcard with Brock and Undertaker in the main events. What a great time that was.

Anyone care to recommend some Kurt Angle matches to watch?

Watched Angle/Benoit vs. Edge/Mysterio from No Mercy '02 earlier today. What a fantastic match. I really hope they post some Smackdown episodes from 2002 so I can relive that whole Smackdown Six era. Angle, Benoit, Edge, Mysterio, Eddie and Chavo feuding in the midcard with Brock and Undertaker in the main events. What a great time that was.

Anyone care to recommend some Kurt Angle matches to watch?

The Network recently put up the Smackdown episode from '03 that has the Angle/Brock Iron Man match that was really good.

strobogo

Banned
Vs HBK WM21
Vs Taker No Way Out 2006
vs Rey Mysterio Summerslam 2002
Vs Shane McMahon KOTR 2001
Vs Steve Austin Summerslam 2001
vs Chris Benoit Royal Rumble 2003

Why was the WCW undercard so damn good 96-98.

The guys didn't have that much personality (besides Jericho) but damn. Mysterio, Malenko,Benoit,Guerrero,Juvi,Psychosis,Ultimo Dragon, Jericho, Konnan, not to mention all the other luchadors like la parka, silver king, super calo and more.

Maybe it was just because I was super impressionable and only 10 in 96 but jeez it was so damn good. I can't sit through the majority of Raw nowadays yet I still find myself able to watch these WCW ppvs from that time period.

strobogo

Banned
Konnan? KONNAN? ARE YOU FUCKING FOR REAL? KOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Konnan was a cunt and a half and basically used the luchadores 100% to make himself look better. He was completely reckless and dangerous with those guys because they felt they owed him for getting a spot in WCW.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Konnan? KONNAN? ARE YOU FUCKING FOR REAL? KOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Konnan was a cunt and a half and basically used the luchadores 100% to make himself look better. He was completely reckless and dangerous with those guys because they felt they owed him for getting a spot in WCW.

Yo stro, touch my shirt.

THAT'S E-NOUGH.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
The Network recently put up the Smackdown episode from '03 that has the Angle/Brock Iron Man match that was really good.

Vs HBK WM21
Vs Taker No Way Out 2006
vs Rey Mysterio Summerslam 2002
Vs Shane McMahon KOTR 2001
Vs Steve Austin Summerslam 2001
vs Chris Benoit Royal Rumble 2003

Smackdown 2003 ep with Lesnar vs Angle Ironman match is released, fuck this is good.

http://network.wwe.com/video/v31370751#

irvMFlA8fcLDl.png

Ripclawe

Banned

so rick steiner wailing on him on that nitro was pretty damn enjoyable eh?

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Stro just hates Konnan because he was popular/ the biggest draw of the 90's according to Meltzer.

1990 - 1999: 1. Konnan; 2. Shinya Hashimoto; 3. Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair; 5. Perro Aguayo; 6. Keiji Muto; 7. Undertaker; 8. Bret Hart; 9. Steve Austin; 10. Nobuhiko Takada

Stro is too cool for school

strobogo

Banned
If there is one thing I'll say for Michael Hayes, at least it didn't look like he was trying to injure people. Now that I think about it, Konnan really was the fake Mexican Michael Hayes of the 90s.

DMczaf

Remember when Hogan got the Nasty Boys another tag champion run in TNA?

Hogan, time to exercise your political power one more time. #nastyasIwannabe

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Did you like 3 Count as well

Nah, I completely abandoned WCW after the Fingerpoke of Doom incident. Nash was my favorite guy in the company and seeing him hand the belt back to Hogan pissed me off. Combined with Sting being out at the time, it was an easy jumping off point.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Vengeance 2002 triple threat with Angle vs The Rock Vs Taker was one hell of an entertaining match

We been talkin Brock vs Angle Smackdown 03, that's worth watching. Just about to finish it and these two are phenomenal.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
These skips are really annoying.

Yeah this is like unwatchable for me. Live stream works fine, but trying to watch a specific match on a PPV it will skips 5 seconds every couple of minutes. Really frustrating.

Man watching the Stone Cold documentary, I really agree with him when he says the Bischoff/Stone Cold Co-GM angle should have gone on longer. That shit was hilarious. I honestly think Austin did his best work with the humor shoots.

strobogo

Banned
I can't believe that story because I refuse to believe Vince would go for an ugo like Nailz. Did Nailz even have any striations? Case closed.

Smackdown 2003 ep with Lesnar vs Angle Ironman match is released, fuck this is good.

http://network.wwe.com/video/v31370751#
It was really brave to put that on free TV too because Lesnar starts the first 10 minutes just hanging out on the outside of the ring wasting time so Angle eventually slips up. Then Lesnar hits him with the chair to get DQed just to get the endurance advantage for the rest of the match. Great psychology, but it wasn't suited for TV and commercials. I wonder how many people tuned out from the beginning and didn't get all the drama later.

Top Bottom