• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It was really brave to put that on free TV too because Lesnar starts the first 10 minutes just hanging out on the outside of the ring wasting time so Angle eventually slips up. Then Lesnar hits him with the chair to get DQed just to get the endurance advantage for the rest of the match. Great psychology, but it wasn't suited for TV and commercials. I wonder how many people tuned out from the beginning and didn't get all the drama later.

No doubt. Structuring an entire show around it for the most part, it's pretty nuts. That's the sort of match you get off-tv. Their psychology was a friggin delight to watch. I loved it.

Sephzilla

I really think it's a mistake how they're putting up Raw/Smackdowns on the Network. I'm not a fan of the selective cherry-picking they're doing. Upload a chunk of Raw and Smackdowns in a row so that you can watch an entire storyline play out and get more invested in the bigger payoff matches.

I really think it's a mistake how they're putting up Raw/Smackdowns on the Network. I'm not a fan of the selective cherry-picking they're doing. Upload a chunk of Raw and Smackdowns in a row so that you can watch an entire storyline play out and get more invested in the bigger payoff matches.
I think they will. They're just putting up the Best Ofs now while they figure out whatever it is they need to figure out to get things done faster and organize/tag everything. I bet we'll start getting 6 months of Raw/Nitro at a time at some point.

BFIB

I'm having a blast rewatching the old Raw's. I do wish WWE would put up some of the WCW Saturday Night's though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I definitely half-agree with you - I'd love to have it all. On the other hand, this is making me pay attention to the significance of select episodes, which is nice.

If only they could do mini-documentaries about particular episodes...

ADDED YESTERDAY
WCW PPVs
Bash At The Beach
WCW Bash At The Beach 1994 - 1994/07/16
Vault
Ecw Hardcore Tv
#58 - 1994/05/23
Search Only
RAW
Episode 23 - 1993/06/28

jmdajr

I definitely half-agree with you - I'd love to have it all. On the other hand, this is making me pay attention to the significance of select episodes, which is nice.

If only they could do mini-documentaries about particular episodes...

ADDED YESTERDAY
WCW PPVs
Bash At The Beach
WCW Bash At The Beach 1994 - 1994/07/16
Vault
Ecw Hardcore Tv
#58 - 1994/05/23
Search Only
RAW
Episode 23 - 1993/06/28

Kinda odd no? Search only?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Kinda odd no? Search only?

Not sure if it pops on the Raw Replays spot or not. If it is search only then yes it is odd.

also "Slam City" has been added, 4 eps of. No clue wtf this is, looks like Claymation. You can find it in the Originals section

EDIT: Raw Ep 23 is on the Raw Replays page, isn't search only. So that's good.

strobogo

Banned
No doubt. Structuring an entire show around it for the most part, it's pretty nuts. That's the sort of match you get off-tv. Their psychology was a friggin delight to watch. I loved it.

I remember definitely not enjoying that match and being underwhelmed in general with all Angle/Bork matches, but having rewatched WM19, their match was better than I remembered. I will have to give it a shot.

Son Of D

Are any of the Elimination Chamber matches from 2009-2013 worth watching? They're the only ones I haven't seen and I'm in the mood for a EC match (watched the 2002 match recently).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Are any of the Elimination Chamber matches from 2009-2013 worth watching? They're the only ones I haven't seen and I'm in the mood for a EC match (watched the 2002 match recently).

There's been some good Smackdown ECs. I enjoy them - there's one with Drew McIntyre and he wrassled his little heart out. It was fun.

I have never really seen an entire EC match. I think im gonna check out the first one. Wasn't HBK, RVD, Nash and Goldberg in that? That seems like a great match already

I have never really seen an entire EC match. I think im gonna check out the first one. Wasn't HBK, RVD, Nash and Goldberg in that? That seems like a great match already

That was the second one (SummerSlam '03) first one was Survivor Series '02, with HHH, HBK, RVD, Booker T, Kane and Jericho.

Aiii

So not worth it
Watching Prime Jericho vs. Prime Angle vs. Prime Benoit at WrestleMania 16 right now.

So good. I would have loved to see these three against The Shield. If only there was some time machine so I could just get all the wrestlers in their prime together for one big PPV event.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Watching Prime Jericho vs. Prime Angle vs. Prime Benoit at WrestleMania 16 right now.

So good. I would have loved to see these three against The Shield. If only there was some time machine so I could just get all the wrestlers in their prime together for one big PPV event.

GWF can make a comeback, brother

Bash at the Beach 1994 is coming up later. Hogan vs. Flair. It's the beginning of the shift from WCW to WWF-lite.

It always amused me how they advertised Johnny B. Badd as from Macon, GA because of the Little Richard gimmick, but his theme music called him "that man from New York City". lol

NoTacos

Gorilla doing his constant Pearl Harbor analogy is especially fucked up during this Steamboat match.

Lmao when I first heard him keep saying it, it felt really odd. Is steamboat from Hawaii?

Edit: Is the network not working on PC for anyone else? It just keeps loading on my laptop, but works fine on ps4.

Rapstah

wwe-wwf2rs9x.png

Can someone explain to me how this happens? Screengrab from Survivor Series 1995.

You can always resort to WWE 2k14

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome match. Bam Bam is another big guy that is somewhat under appreciated

Completely underappreciated. He carried a Wrestlemania main event with a non-wrestler and made him look like a million bucks. Bam Bam the charitable. Also rescued burning babies IRL.

MC Safety

Gorilla doing his constant Pearl Harbor analogy is especially fucked up during this Steamboat match.

It was a different time. And, to be fair, Monsoon applied Pearl Harbor to any sneak attack performed by any villainous wrestler.

The WWE has tightened up on a lot of that stuff. There's still a few remnants of the old stereotypes like the hard-headed Samoans who can't be headbutted.

NoTacos

It was a different time. And, to be fair, Monsoon applied Pearl Harbor to any sneak attack performed by any villainous wrestler.

The WWE has tightened up on a lot of that stuff. There's still a few remnants of the old stereotypes like the hard-headed Samoans who can't be headbutted.

This is true. I mean, promoters have gotten fired for less now. Remember the guy who used to promote the Prime Time Players?

"Like Kobe Bryant in a Colorado hotel room, we unstoppable baby!" or something to that effect....

I don't know if anyone else has been having a similar issue, but I called the WWE Network help number earlier about not being able to turn on closed captioning for the PS3 app, and they said it's a bug that certain people are having, and they'll try to fix it.

Captioning isn't a big deal to me for matches, but it would be useful for some of the documentaries, especially the Legends of Wrestling videos, where some guys at the table are whisper quiet, and others are wake-up-your-roommates loud.

Chaplain

Captioning isn't a big deal to me for matches, but it would be useful for some of the documentaries, especially the Legends of Wrestling videos, where some guys at the table are whisper quiet, and others are wake-up-your-roommates loud.

Just plug in some headphones to the PS4 controller. Audio streams to the controller for all PS4 apps.

My friend let me introduce to you the Kennel From Hell and Punjabi Prison match.

Oh GOD. I had totally forgotten about Kennel From Hell. With that and the awful HIAC match against Undertaker at WM15, it was not a good year for the Bossman in gimmick matches.

strobogo

Banned
Punjabi Prison has to be worse just in concept alone. Kennel in a Hell, in concept, doesn't sound terrible. A cage inside of a HIAC with rabid dogs in between. Not bad. Everything about the Punjabi Prison match sounds like something Russo would call bullshit on.

Punjabi Prison has to be worse just in concept alone. Kennel in a Hell, in concept, doesn't sound terrible. A cage inside of a HIAC with rabid dogs in between. Not bad. Everything about the Punjabi Prison match sounds like something Russo would call bullshit on.

I loved how in the debut match for the gimmick, Khali failed a physical along with like 5 others, and had to be randomly replaced in the match by the Big Show. Very appropriate if you ask me.

NoTacos

watching Mankind vs Undertaker in the boiler room match. That squealing noise Foley was making is super eerie. Hands down one of the best gimmicks through and through.

Slam City is the weirdest fucking thing. They don't even have the wrestlers doing the voices. It's just some guys talking as the characters of John Cena and Randy Orton. They put a lot of money behind this shit.

I like the Samoan headbutt running gag a lot. It's up there with things like Flair going to the top rope or Angle hitting himself with a chair when it bounces off the ropes.

Top Bottom