• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

strobogo

Banned
Well Stro, you just made my entertainment for the next few days.

Had no idea Vince went down to Memphis. I do remember the "crossovers" that took place with USWA, but I never knew it reached those levels.

It's great. I wish all the footage was out there of the big shows. As it is, all there really are are 5-10 minute chunks of stuff covering the timeline.

Zach

ilLw8woZjzdBu.gif

ibl3zMr3SQ4CxT.gif

That's right, Pat Patterson was his heavy even in 1993.

ifrNfq04yreUP.gif

ibb7cHUG7yMni1.gif

LEGIT SHOOK McMemphis Part 1

LEGIT SHOOK McMemphis Part 2

LEGIT SHOOK McMemphis Part 3

For those of you not aware (which is probably most people, really), the WWF and USWA had a working alliance in 1993. WWF guys were heels in Memphis, while King was heel on WWF TV. No mention was made of any of the events on WWF TV, except for one bizarre cross over that happened with King and Vince at a WWF taping. Vince got a wild hair in his ass and decided he really didn't like King, so he was sending his guys down to Memphis to fuck with him. And eventually, Vince himself got involved. I cover the whole saga and it can be found on Youtube as well.

I must see this.

strobogo

Banned
McMemphis Playlist

It's so fun. There is some great shit in it. Like a number of Randy Savage promos, Vince putting Savage over as one of the GOATS, heel Bret high fiving Giant Gonzalez...just full on bizarro land shit. Lots of fireballs.

iUpSYDbATB95c.gif

ifZZOxGz7xvFC.gif

Isn't the reason that shit isn't on the Network because the rights issues surrounding the Memphis Tape Library are a quagmire that prevents the WWE from buying them?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh. My. God. How have I never seen this?! This is like, reverse Invasion storyline except it's possibly...good?

It's REALLY good. Like, for 93, that shit is so cutting edge I'm a bleeding mess.

strobogo

Banned
Basically, there were multiple law suits where the tapes were put up as collateral or sold out right, which were then sold and involved in other lawsuits and so on and so on. I think it got so crazy as individual tapes/shows having different ownership. It's all a huge mess. I think WWE should get what they can and air it and deal with it later. Most if not all the footage online is from private collectors or people tracking down actual reels and converting them to digital. The people who legally own the footage probably don't even realize it and are missing out on a big chunk of change from WWE.

If I'm not mistaken, WWE bought the Mid South-UWF stuff from a private collector.

geomon

Basically, there were multiple law suits where the tapes were put up as collateral or sold out right, which were then sold and involved in other lawsuits and so on and so on. I think it got so crazy as individual tapes/shows having different ownership. It's all a huge mess. I think WWE should get what they can and air it and deal with it later. Most if not all the footage online is from private collectors or people tracking down actual reels and converting them to digital. The people who legally own the footage probably don't even realize it and are missing out on a big chunk of change from WWE.

If I'm not mistaken, WWE bought the Mid South-UWF stuff from a private collector.

I thought Watts sold UWF to JCP which would then filter down to WCW and then to WWF in 2001.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Crossposting from Wrasslin thread:

Here's a list of the 2014 HoF Inductees' last matches/promos:

Ultimate Warrior
vs. Jerry Lawler – King Of The Ring 1996

http://network.wwe.com/video/v31354791

vs. Hulk Hogan – WCW Halloween Havoc

http://network.wwe.com/video/v31359957

Paul Bearer
Gets buried in concrete

http://network.wwe.com/video/v31303591/milestone/31337467

Jake Roberts
Royal Rumble Match 1997

http://network.wwe.com/video/v31348181

Lita
vs. Mickie James – Survivor Series 2006

http://network.wwe.com/video/v31303597/milestone/31329547

Carlos Colón
Royal Rumble Match 1993

http://network.wwe.com/video/v31345323/milestone/31356379

Mr. T
vs Kevin Sullivan – Starrcade 1994

http://network.wwe.com/video/v31370539

Scott Hall
vs Bradshaw – Backlash 2002

http://network.wwe.com/video/v31523389

strobogo

Banned
Highly highly recommend Beach Blast 1992. Rude/Steamboat if 5 star level stuff. Sting vs Cactus is awesome. Arn/Eaton/Austin vs Dustin/Barry/Nikita was super fun. Steiners vs Doc/Gordy was a super Japanese match and Gordy was knocking the shit out of those dudes.

ibb5LI3rXNfSLG.gif

ig1vHkZpGNv5T.gif

LEGIT SHOOK WCW Beach Blast 1992

BFIB

Been rewatching some of the earlier WCW PPV's. It really gives me new appreciation for how damn good Austin was in WCW. Hell of a worker.

The 2/18/2002 RAW is live on the Network. It's the night after the 2002 No Way Out, and it really is uncensored so far.

I need to watch WWE PPVs of the 80's and 90's up to the beginning of the Attitude Era. The Survivor Series 97 PPV will be hard for me to watch because of the Montreal Screwjob.

Holy shit the WWE Countdown Blunders episode.

I know Mike Adamle was terrible, but gawd damn son the thrashing he takes on that episode is amazing! Also, someone needs to make a gif of Butterbean making Bart Gunn rag doll to the ground after one fucking punch.

Edit: I lost it at Jericho saying "The Ultimate Warrior vomited based on Papa Shago's curse...I actually vomited based on The Ultimate Warrior's matches."

mreddie

Dammit, just as I was about to cancel my account for the Network after the trial, I'm getting charged for the next 6 months because it's Thursday in Connecticut.

FUCK!!!!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
New content, "changed" usually means audio edits:

Vault
Ecw Hardcore Tv
#67 - 1994/07/25
Legends Of Wrestling
Tag Teams - 2010/02/28
In Through The Outdoors - 2011/07/31
WCW PPVs
Uncensored
CHANGED - WCW Uncensored 1996 - 1996/03/23
World War 3
CHANGED - WCW World War 3 1995 - 1995/11/25
CHANGED - WCW World War 3 1997 - 1997/11/21
Wrestlewar
CHANGED - WCW WrestleWar 1991 - 1991/02/23
CHANGED - WCW WrestleWar 1992 - 1992/05/16
Uncategorized
WCW Starrcade 1997 - 1997/12/27
WWE PPVs
Elimination Chamber
WWE Elimination Chamber 2014 - 2014/02/22
Search Only
RAW
Episode 30 - 1993/08/16

JavyOO7

New content, "changed" usually means audio edits:

Vault
Ecw Hardcore Tv
#67 - 1994/07/25
Legends Of Wrestling
Tag Teams - 2010/02/28
In Through The Outdoors - 2011/07/31
WCW PPVs
Uncensored
CHANGED - WCW Uncensored 1996 - 1996/03/23
World War 3
CHANGED - WCW World War 3 1995 - 1995/11/25
CHANGED - WCW World War 3 1997 - 1997/11/21
Wrestlewar
CHANGED - WCW WrestleWar 1991 - 1991/02/23
CHANGED - WCW WrestleWar 1992 - 1992/05/16
Uncategorized
WCW Starrcade 1997 - 1997/12/27
WWE PPVs
Elimination Chamber
WWE Elimination Chamber 2014 - 2014/02/22
Search Only
RAW
Episode 30 - 1993/08/16

Was just about to post EC2k14 is out but you posted it. I'm so happy because now I can watch the Shield vs Wyatt Family match that people have been raving about. :)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Was just about to post EC2k14 is out but you posted it. I'm so happy because now I can watch the Shield vs Wyatt Family match that people have been raving about. :)

It's good as fuck. Get ready brother!

Hasney

Watching the Wrestlemania Rewind and Owen Hart was so in the right at Royal Rumble. Especially with Bret Harts fucking cum stained outfit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Can you name a single good Meng/Haku match? As in one you'd rewatch and want other people to watch?

Meng vs David Flair

Worth seeing him get the piss slapped out of him. Technically crap, but a delightful watch.

EDIT: He was also a shining light in the late hardcore days. Not great, but he was fun.

geomon

Meng vs David Flair

Worth seeing him get the piss slapped out of him. Technically crap, but a delightful watch.

EDIT: He was also a shining light in the late hardcore days. Not great, but he was fun.

Ugh, David Flair. The only good thing about him was bringing Torrie Wilson and Daffney to the ring with him.

Did David Flair actually tap Torrie?

Actually, I don't want to know. I think I'll probably hang myself if I found out that blotchy face milquetoast motherfucker got to bang out Torrie.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
...I think the best WCW match on PPV in 1999 I've seen so far is a mixed gender match with Lil Naitch versus Gorgeous George.

strobogo

Banned
...I think the best WCW match on PPV in 1999 I've seen so far is a mixed gender match with Lil Naitch versus Gorgeous George.

Nah. Too many Raven/Saturn vs Kidman/Rey vs Dean/Benoit matches and Juvi vs Blitz. But it is the best match of the show and one of the most enjoyable ones from that point on in the year.

Ripclawe

Banned
Hearing stories of Haku, it seemed like his fights outside the ring were much more interesting.

http://www.mandatory.com/2014/02/19/meng-stories-of-the-scariest-man-in-the-history-of-wrestling/

Eric Bischoff
There are so many stories about Meng fighting with other wrestlers, but that doesn't mean management wasn't just as scared of him. Former head of WCW, Eric Bischoff has said numerous times that Meng was never fired from WCW because no one was brave enough to do it. On one particular day, Bischoff and Greg Gagne walked into the locker room and interrupted a conversation between Meng and Chris Candido, Chris Jericho, and Tammy Sytch.

Meng immediately looked at the pair of execs and said, "Hey! Apologize to my friends. I'm talking to them." According to Candido, the entire room went silent and everyone just froze. It was then that he realized the stories about Meng weren't just legends. Bischoff and Gagne apologized to them and waited for the conversation to finish before speaking with Meng.

Penguin

For all the talk it gets, and how important it is to the first WrestleMania, it is weird that the Network doesn't have The War to Settle the Score unless I'm just terrible at searching

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Today's updates - CHANGED usually means minor edits like music, etc.

ECW PPVs
Heatwave
CHANGED - ECW Heatwave 1999 - 1999/07/17
WCW PPVs
Starrcade
CHANGED - WCW Starrcade 1992 - 1992/12/27
CHANGED - WCW Starrcade 1993 - 1993/12/26
CHANGED - WCW Starrcade 1994 - 1994/12/26
Search Only
RAW
Episode 6 - 1993/02/22
In Ring
Wwe Main Event Replays
CHANGED - Episode 78 - 2014/03/25
Raw Replays
Beat the Rock - 2013/01/20

BFIB

Royal Rumble '92 might just be the best night of commentary ever for a PPV. Heenan was just fucking brilliant.

Top Bottom