• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

Everytime they show off the sponsors in the 1993 RAW Episodes, I can say one phrase the WWE shoved down our throats in the 90's. "YOU GOTTA WANT IT!"

Always good to see matches from the now Hall of Famer Razor Ramon.

strobogo

Banned
Everytime they show off the sponsors in the 1993 RAW Episodes, I can say one phrase the WWE shoved down our throats in the 90's. "YOU GOTTA WANT IT!"

Always good to see matches from the now Hall of Famer Razor Ramon.

iuzAr8jW2iAkp.gif

Rapstah

So the Main Event replays they upload have Smackdown-style audience edits, right? I don't remember the audience being this hot for Sheamus beating up Del Rio at all. That's kind of stupid since they air it live.

Rapstah

Somewhere like 26:30 into Elimination Chamber 2014 they cut out a couple of seconds of Cole's commentary. I don't think they did that live. Makes me wonder what he said.

He's pretty sincere about everyone being natty while he was in the WWF due the steroid trial building and then going to court. He also didn't wrestle for a full year and only worked out the whole time.

Now that you mention it, not many wrestlers from the NG era had that roid look but Lex.

The 80s and very early 90s everyone looked juiced to the grillz

strobogo

Banned
Now that you mention it, not many wrestlers from the NG era had that roid look but Lex.

The 80s and very early 90s everyone looked juiced to the grillz

The longer he wrestled, the smaller he got. He was so big as the Narcissist because he had spent a full year off from wrestling and did nothing but train the whole time. As soon as he started regular traveling and all that, he lost bulk.

lexLuger4.jpg

lex_luger_2001_04_10.jpg

The longer he wrestled, the smaller he got. He was so big as the Narcissist because he had spent a full year off from wrestling and did nothing but train the whole time. As soon as he started regular traveling and all that, he lost bulk.

lexLuger4.jpg

lex_luger_2001_04_10.jpg

Still not as huge as the Ultimate Warrior. Warrior is the pinnacle of Wrasslin aesthetics. No homer

Ripclawe

Banned
Only good thing to come from Luger's career is him getting the hell out of the cage when Bruiser Brody stopped selling for him. That video is hilarous

geomon

Just watched the Blunders episode of Countdown. Dean Ambrose imitating Dusty Rhodes almost perfectly is probably the funniest thing I've seen this year.

Only good thing to come from Luger's career is him getting the hell out of the cage when Bruiser Brody stopped selling for him. That video is hilarous

Yeah, that was some odd shit. Everyone said Brody wasn't even mad at Luger or anything. Brody just said he wasn't feeling it and stopped selling.

Why is there so much Lugar hate? As far as muscle bound wrestlers go he's not bad. I'd rather watch a Lugar match than a Batista or Lashley match any day

geomon

Why is there so much Lugar hate? As far as muscle bound wrestlers go he's not bad. I'd rather watch a Lugar match than a Batista or Lashley match any day

Well I can tell you why I don't like him. And this came after his career was pretty much over, his treatment of Miss Elizabeth and the lifestyle they were living which resulted in her death.

As for in the ring, I didn't dislike his work. He was ok.

strobogo

Banned
ivZy7qwoOLVGs.gif

The most legit shook I've been for a while. This is a shot from the end of a video documenting the charity work of the WWF. From 1993. On Raw.

Edgeward

The Rivalries episode of the Roundtable is the most I've ever seen Bret speak in non-kayfabe terms. Any other interview I see him in he always tries to talk in kayfabe terms and it's annoying when you just want to hear the truth.

Great episode too. Nice, informative backstage stories and no one tried dominating the show.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
New content":

Vault
Ecw Hardcore Tv
#66 - 1994/07/18
Legends Of Wrestling
Families - 2010/09/30
Old School
Philadelphia Spectrum 03/25/78 - 1978/03/24
Philadelphia Spectrum 8/27/88 - 1988/08/26
Search Only
RAW
Episode 32 - 1993/09/20
Episode 33 - 1993/09/27
Episode 34 - 1993/10/04
Originals
Slam City
The Crossing Guard - 2014/03/30
Surround Pound and Stadium Pt 1 - 2014/03/30

BFIB

The Rivalries episode of the Roundtable is the most I've ever seen Bret speak in non-kayfabe terms. Any other interview I see him in he always tries to talk in kayfabe terms and it's annoying when you just want to hear the truth.

Great episode too. Nice, informative backstage stories and no one tried dominating the show.

That's been my favorite one so far. I think it went a long way with him and HBK getting it all out in the open. Him reconciling with McMahon I think also helped. He said it best during the Rivalry documentary, which was he felt he was carrying around this huge bag of rocks over his shoulder. He finally was able to let it go.

Bret/HBK might be the best rivalry ever. So many things tied into it, it was just fascinating going all the way back to Hart Foundation/Rockers matches and seeing them in the ring, constantly trying to one-up each other while Neidhart debated on which hooker he was going to buy, and Janetty thinking about buying his cocaine after the show.

Is there any reason why Vince never put the belt on Luger? WWF was building Lex up as the next top guy starting with the Yoko feud. He was the top face in the company and had the look that Vince faps to. After Wrestlemania X he just slowly started to fizzle out of the title picture than teamed with Bulldog before jumping to WCW.

Also that ending to his match with Yoko at Summerslam was awful. Its like he didn't care to win the title and just wanted to beat up Jim Cornette instead of getting Yoko in the ring. The worst part was celebrating like he won the title after a lame count out win

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any reason why Vince never put the belt on Luger? WWF was building Lex up as the next top guy starting with the Yoko feud. He was the top face in the company and had the look that Vince faps to. After Wrestlemania X he just slowly started to fizzle out of the title picture than teamed with Bulldog before jumping to WCW.

Also that ending to his match with Yoko at Summerslam was awful. Its like he didn't care to win the title and just wanted to beat up Jim Cornette instead of getting Yoko in the ring. The worst part was celebrating like he won the title after a lame count out win

I watched Luger's 93 Timeline shoot, which was really good - I highly recommend it. Luger talks a lot about how he's been a dick and has reformed, and I believe he's sincere about it. It was basically cold feet from Vince if I remember. It just didn't take off like he had hoped it would.

And yeah that fucking ending was horrible. Nobody was happy in the crowd, because they knew he didn't get the belt, yet everyone in the ring was celebrating - horrible ending.

I watched Luger's 93 Timeline shoot, which was really good - I highly recommend it. Luger talks a lot about how he's been a dick and has reformed, and I believe he's sincere about it. It was basically cold feet from Vince if I remember. It just didn't take off like he had hoped it would.

And yeah that fucking ending was horrible. Nobody was happy in the crowd, because they knew he didn't get the belt, yet everyone in the ring was celebrating - horrible ending.

Link to the shoot? Sounds great

strobogo

Banned
LOL at the first Hardcore TV intro after Mikey wins the TV title being 100% made up of clips of him getting his ass kicked. It's so weird to see Hardcore TV and the weird shit they were doing and then the 1993 Raws, which were unbelievably lame and uninteresting and didn't try to change the formula up at all besides have shows in smaller arenas.

Also, you can find Lex's timeline at watchwrestling.net, along with various other timelines including Vader WCW 1993, Barry Windham WCW 1991, X-Pac WWF 1994, Kevin Sullivan WCW 1996 (it's fucking good, Kevin Sullivan has an excellent mind for wrestling), and Vince Russo WCW 2000 (which is a bunch of bullshitting and obvious lying).

strobogo

Banned
They stories he tells on the Hogan turn and general booking of the Dungeon of Doom are either genius or he's really good at covering his ass after the fact.

I didn't hate Luger but I always thought he was lifeless on the mic. He also may hold the record for face/heal turns at some point I just wasn't interested in seeing him.

strobogo

Banned
I have to LOL at the idea of Big Show liking Cena because of his work ethic. Big Show, a dude who went from main eventing Wrestlemania to being sent to OVW because he was a fat fuck who couldn't get in shape in the same year.

Wrestlemania Rewinds are so weird in how they can never decide if they're going full kayfabe, completely breaking kayfabe, or mixing the two.

Haha yeah. Even as an 8-year-old, I was like, "Why are they celebrating? Yokozuna is still the champion"

DMczaf

I have to LOL at the idea of Big Show liking Cena because of his work ethic. Big Show, a dude who went from main eventing Wrestlemania to being sent to OVW because he was a fat fuck who couldn't get in shape in the same year.

Wrestlemania Rewinds are so weird in how they can never decide if they're going full kayfabe, completely breaking kayfabe, or mixing the two.

That Wrestlemania Rewind confirmed that Big Show is absolutely part of the Worst Legends Roundtable cast. He's such a kiss ass company man.

strobogo

Banned
That Wrestlemania Rewind confirmed that Big Show is absolutely part of the Worst Legends Roundtable cast. He's such a kiss ass company man.

I also liked that JBL and Show act like they were the ones to decide the date and opponent for when they were dropping their titles. I'm sure JBL saw that WM was coming up and went up to Vince and said, "Hey, boss, I've held this belt for a long time now and I think this John Cena kid has what it takes. I love him, Vaggle. Let me drop it to him."

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Today's update:
WWE PPVs
Wrestlemania
WrestleMania 30 Press Conference - 2014/04/01

DMczaf

Today's update:
WWE PPVs
Wrestlemania
WrestleMania 30 Press Conference - 2014/04/01

Watch it for the awkwardness, and then Batista realizing how dead the crowd is after Hogan, HHH and Daniel Bryan completely bombed and shooting the shit for 5 minutes because there really is no point.

Sephzilla

That was a pretty great round table. JR kept quiet for a good while.

strobogo

Banned
Cane Strobogo

They fucking suck and ruin shows by refusing to react to anything unless someone is killing themselves. There are a lot of things I don't like about ECW in the PPV era. The fans are the number one thing. Some other things: The over mic'd ring, the way matches seemed excessively scripted and a plotted out even when they were supposed to be wild and out of control, the increasingly more ridiculous over booking. Nothing feels authentic or spontaneous once they got on PPV. You watch the Hardcore TV stuff from 1993 and 1994 and you see a promotion that really feels like it has no rules and no format, but just a bunch of guys flying by the seat of their pants with coke and coffee. All that shit was gone once they made it to PPV. And once they got to TNN...fuck, that was the only project I flat out gave up on. I could sit through all of 1998-2001 WCW, but couldn't make it through 6 months of ECW on TNN.

Top Bottom