• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Don't know if anyone else has mentioned it, but hell, even if I'm just adding to the chorus:

WCCW #54 - Ric Flair vs. Kerry Von Erich in a steel cage for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship

Great, great match.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
The panel on Legends of Wrestling finds a way to shit on Bischoff regardless of what the topic is, it's hilarious. Shit must run deep with some of these guys.

The panel on Legends of Wrestling finds a way to shit on Bischoff regardless of what the topic is, it's hilarious. Shit must run deep with some of these guys.

Bischoff tried to put them out of the business and came very close. According to Michael Cole, in November 1997, Vince was two weeks away from not being able to make payroll and filing bankruptcy. He already had another job lined up if Vince had gone out of business.

nateeasy

Banned
So I can get access to Wrestlemania and all previous ppvs for $9.99/month or I can order Wrestlemania from Time warner for $69.99? Why would anyone order from the cable company?

So I can get access to Wrestlemania and all previous ppvs for $9.99/month or I can order Wrestlemania from Time warner for $69.99? Why would anyone order from the cable company?
It's more likely to actually work, LOL.

I'm kinda nervous about it because of that NXT Arrival event.

Bumhead

Banned
I know Wrestlemania is on now but just a quick shout out to the WWE Network tonight.

Signed up for it tonight, partly for WM30, partly for the legacy content, and watching via PS4 from the UK.

Quality is amazing. Working like an absolute charm. Only had one dip when The Rock's entrance was on but been 100% perfect since.

Seriously impressed. This might be the best sub service I've ever bought if the rest of the content works this well.

MASSIVE props to MLB and the WWE Network. I was watching on my Roku box and had zero hiccups, rewinds, freezing, buffering, etc.. I was fully expecting there to be outages for short periods of time. It worked flawless for me.

MASSIVE props to MLB and the WWE Network. I was watching on my Roku box and had zero hiccups, rewinds, freezing, buffering, etc.. I was fully expecting there to be outages for short periods of time. It worked flawless for me.

It stopped and buffered on me twice, but it was minor and 98% of the time it was running great.

It wasn't so smooth on my friend's PS4. it never dropped but it'd jump back by like 2-3 seconds every few minutes or so. was annoying. video quality dipped too but never too bad

Sephzilla

Took my PS3 over to my friends house for our Wrestlemania party and we had a flawless stream the entire time. I was almost as legit shook about that as Taker jobbing to Brock.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My 2 cents - no issues whatsoever, beautiful stream, best value. Love it.

Added today:
WWE PPVs
Wrestlemania
WrestleMania XXX - 2014/04/06
Search Only
RAW
Episode 37 - 1993/10/25
Episode 38 - 1993/11/01

Shadybiz

Yep, just a couple of brief stalls and hd buffering on PS4. A couple of "rubberband" moments, too, but nothing we couldn't handle. It was a pleasant surprise; I was almost expecting it to crash immediately at 7:00.

BFIB

My brother came down with the flu, so he was unable to attend a WM party that we also go to every year.

Instead, he watched it on the Network using my account, and said it worked perfectly. Kudos to MLB, and WWE for this feat!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
WWE Network worked shockingly well last night. I only had one hiccup, during the lead up to Undertaker's entrance. Just had to hit refresh and everything worked fine from then on, so I missed maybe 10 seconds of the show. Vastly exceeded my expectations on the performance front last night

Had a big group over to watch via the Network on my 360, and I was shocked that it didn't go down even once. Had regular stuttering and leaps forward a few seconds, though, and I'm wondering if that might have been the 360's hardware rather than the Network itself.

But it worked wonderfully, and I'm really impressed with the experience for only $10/month.

ElRenoRaven

I know I raved over it last night in the WM thread but I'm with the group that had an amazing experience. It was crystal clear all night except for one time. Then it jumped back like a half a second and was pixelated. However it immediately recovered and kept going. I was skeptical they'd be able to keep it up but by god they did. I watched the whole damn thing and it was amazing quality other then that one split second.

WWE without a doubt earned my money last night.

Ravager61

I will echo that the Network is awesome and they did a great job with WM30. I had about 10 people over to watch it and I was really worried it would go out after what happened with NXT: Arrival but it worked pretty much flawlessly.

$10 is an absolute steal

BFIB

Watching Warrior's HoF speech. Loved his rant on the WWE, and putting the F back in.

Just as Pluto is always a planet, it will always be WWF to me.

ghostmind

Watched 'Mania, and the HOF the night before, on my iPad. Other than a few small hiccups, mostly caused by my moving between wireless networks, things were smooth and great quality.

blurrygil

Last night was glorious. Near-perfect stream (except for that audio issue that occurred towards the end of the Pre-Show). And the show, overall, was pretty good. VERY up and down from the opener, then thru the mid card, then only back up in the latter half of the main event. Not sure if spoilers are needed, but doing it anyways:
But I WHOLLY applaud WWE for doing the right thing, in the end, with Bryan getting the finish.

If they can turn in some advertising dollars towards the network, man...it can truly be the best service out there for a specific product. I absolutely have loved this since launch.

I don't ever remember there being ads during PPVs, but if paying $120 a year for every PPV vs paying $700+ through cable, I'll gladly take a few Mountain Dew product placements and a Tostinos ad ANY day,

FyreWulff

I don't ever remember there being ads during PPVs, but if paying $120 a year for every PPV vs paying $700+ through cable, I'll gladly take a few Mountain Dew product placements and a Tostinos ad ANY day,

They've been there quite a while, it's to fill time for when they need to reset the ring (in addition to well, money)

Adrian121

A special airing tomorrow at 9 on Daniel Bryan's week leading up to Wrestlemania. Should be good! I hope they keep doing specials like this, I love this kind of stuff.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
A special airing tomorrow at 9 on Daniel Bryan's week leading up to Wrestlemania. Should be good! I hope they keep doing specials like this, I love this kind of stuff.

Yeah they must be BUSTING ASS getting it all edited and ready. Fast-ass turnaround.

Korosenai

I need to cancel my wwe network and I'm not sure how to go about doing it. I just noticed that I got charged for it yesterday and I know I won't have anytime to use it.

Edgeward

I am still waiting for any of the recent Raws from February to show up. And the Monday Night Wars thing they kept teasing, where the f is it

PaulLFC

What does everyone think of the 667,000 number for current network subscribers? I think it's a good number, but there seems to have been an expectation both within WWE and outside that they would hit 1million+ already, which has led to this being perceived as a disappointment.

I think they can take encouragement from it. F4W were saying they think there's pretty much no way they'll hit a million by the end of the year, but I don't think it's that clear cut. There are plenty of PPVs left, and although none of them will be on the interest level of WM, they should still get new subscribers leading up to each event when it's promoted as being on the Network (and maybe even exclusively, if PPV providers drop events like they're threatening to).

Then there's the new programming like Legends House and the Monday Night Wars, which presumably will be promoted on TV. It's not going to cause a huge increase in subscribers, but they might get a few extra for each new show.

I think by the end of the year, depending on how good the booking is, they'll be at about 900,000 in the US, maybe more. Since they're expanding internationally, they should easily hit 1 million. Yes there are some people who are already signed up that "shouldn't" be, but whether or not they are signed up now or when the network officially launches where they are, they are still only going to make the same contribution to the overall subscribers statistic.

BFIB

A few buddies of mine went to the WM party I attend every year. Its been a long time since they've watched it, but I was telling them about the Network, and how they have every PPV on there. They were both big attitude fans, so they said they wouldn't mind watching the PPV's, and rewatching the 90's PPV's.

Word of mouth is going to be huge for this. For those who want nostalgia, this is the perfect avenue for that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Update today is very little.

In Ring
Raw Backstage Pass
Backstage Pass to Raw #1089 - 2014/04/07

EDIT: Tonight is the Bryan Wrestlemania documentary though, so that should be fun to watch live.

bigkrev

Wrestlemania worked great for me on Roku- I had 2 rewinds in the Bryan-HHH match that were a few seconds each, and I restarted the stream when the Taker-Lesnar match dropped to sub-SD for 5 minutes, and got it back to HD. Raw post-show was flawless

I'm more curious how Extreme Rules goes- I bet more people watch it on the Network than did Wrestlemania (I know people who ordered the PPV even though they had the network because they were having people over and thought it would fail), and I'm sure they were backed with extra servers for WM knowing how big it was.

strobogo

Banned
I am still waiting for any of the recent Raws from February to show up. And the Monday Night Wars thing they kept teasing, where the f is it

I believe Legends House will start this month.

The website has Monday Night War, Total Divas, and WWE Rivalries will be originals sometime this year. Vault shows scheduled for later in the year are Clash of the Champions, Nitro, Saturday Morning Slam, SNME, Rock n' Wrestling (tentative), and Vault Specials.

Top Bottom