• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

bigkrev

There's already talk they are going to increase the price next year to $12.99/year.

They can get away with it if it coincides with them adding Raw and Smackdown replays immediately after airing. They could also take Wrestlemania off the network next year, add the Raw/Smackdown shows, and stay at 9.99 if they want to make more money.

The stock dropped like 15% yesterday when the sub number was announced- which is pretty bad!

Ferny

They can get away with it if it coincides with them adding Raw and Smackdown replays immediately after airing. They could also take Wrestlemania off the network next year, add the Raw/Smackdown shows, and stay at 9.99 if they want to make more money.

The stock dropped like 15% yesterday when the sub number was announced- which is pretty bad!

It'll rise up. Almost 700K subs and it's not even sixty days since launch is pretty good. It'll grow even more by Summerslam with all the hype of how well WM ran on it. Especially as people grab wind of how much more you can save with it rather than spending $50 every month for the PPV.

Nelo Ice

Banned
It'll rise up. Almost 700K subs and it's not even sixty days since launch is pretty good. It'll grow even more by Summerslam with all the hype of how well WM ran on it. Especially as people grab wind of how much more you can save with it rather than spending $50 every month for the PPV.

Yep, I finally gave in after seeing how well WM was being booked and how the stream held up perfectly. The network really is an incredible value and service.

Dante316

If they remove mania, I wouldn't subscribe. The numbers are good. They will have more than a million by summerslam.

If I want to learn more about Michael P.S. Hayes and The Fabulous Freebirds, is there anything on the Network I should watch or am I better off going to Wikipedia?

strobogo

Banned
If I want to learn more about Michael P.S. Hayes and The Fabulous Freebirds, is there anything on the Network I should watch or am I better off going to Wikipedia?

You should follow Stropedia. Michael Hayes was a terrible wrestler, super over rated talker, and giant cunt. Gordy and Roberts were dope. The end.

Korosenai

FYI, you're still going to get charged for 5 more months.

I signed up for the 1 week trial when WWE Network first launched, and I even made sure to turn the auto renewal off. Not sure how this happened. Unless they turned the auto renewal back on a day before the week expired.

slit

What are some essential Ultimate Warrior matches I should be watching on the network?

Other than the obvious WM 6 ad 7. I would say his Summerslam 92 match with Macho Man was in some ways better than their WM7 encounter. That match doesn't get enough props. The matches with Rick Rude at WM 5 ad SS 89 are good. His matches with Undertaker were ok as well.

Also a match right before WM6 with Hogan & Warrior vs. Mr. Perfect and The Genius on SNME was a good one, but I don't know if it's on the network.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Not much to add today but it is a significant addition:

Originals
Original
CHANGED - WWE Hall of Fame 2014 - 2014/04/04
Journey to WM30: Daniel Bryan - 2014/04/08

bigkrev

I don't think it's going to rise a lot more- If you are going to sub for Summerslam, weren't you already subbing to get Wrestlemania?

Hasney

I don't think it's going to rise a lot more- If you are going to sub for Summerslam, weren't you already subbing to get Wrestlemania?

Word of mouth about how good it was while Wrestlemania was on will help. Hell, I think the quality of Wrestlemania will help too as shown by the massive Raw rating. If they keep this level of enjoyable booking up until Summerslam (and that's a big if knowing WWE), we may see it reach the goal around then.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if we'll ever see the whole Hogan Knows Best run make its way to the Network.
AU7Amsc.gif

Downhome

I'm sitting here watch WM VI on the live stream and it blows my mind hearing Tony Schiavone call WWF matches back in that era. It just, it just feels and sounds weird.

FyreWulff

I'm sitting here watch WM VI on the live stream and it blows my mind hearing Tony Schiavone call WWF matches back in that era. It just, it just feels and sounds weird.

Dude was an asshole to his co-workers but he had a pretty recognizable 'broadcast voice'. And that voice is 'WCW' to me too

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Schiavone doesn't get enough credit. One of the best, and I am deadly serious. Well not deadly.

Downhome

I'm not ashamed to say I loved Tony and hated when WWE didn't use him and how TNA screwed him up like they do almost everything. I still think he was one of the best. You can't blame him for some of the stupid stuff they had him say and do.

And yeah, the second I hear him it is 100% WCW through and through.

I greatly enjoyed Tony and Heenan together, even though Bobby supposedly hated his guts.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Current JBL reminds me of heel Cole from a few years ago. He was fine back in the late 00's doing commentary for Smackdown but since he's returned it's obvious he's the receiver of all these lines from Vince.

Heel Cole was hilarious sometimes. His feud with Daniel Bryan had some great moments and the gong on NXT and his little glass encasement. I was a Cole miner.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Update today:

Originals
Original
CHANGED - WWE Hall of Fame 2014 Red Carpet - 2014/04/04
Journey to WM 30: Daniel Bryan - 2014/04/07
In Ring
Raw Replays
A Brock and A Hard Place - 2014/01/26
WWE PPVs
Wrestlemania
CHANGED - WrestleMania Today Thursday - 2014/04/02
CHANGED - WrestleMania Today Saturday - 2014/04/04
CHANGED - WrestleMania XXX Pre-Show - 2014/04/05

I'm watching New Blood Rising for the first time in a while. That's definitely not The Cat's music; it's more suited for Doink.

Some of the replacement music for WCW themes are pretty stupid and hokey. I have no idea why they don't just write a check to Jimmy Hart and use the damn music. I'm sure Hart wouldn't really care as long as they just gave him something because of his loyalty to WWE and everything. Shit, Hart still gets royalties everytime they use Shawn Michaels' music on everything since he co-wrote it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Today's update:

Vault
Ecw Hardcore Tv
#71 - 1994/08/22
Legends Of Wrestling
Achievers - 2010/11/30
Search Only
RAW
Episode 40 - 1993/11/15

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Ric Flair isn't on it, so it's still good.

He's a snarky motherfucker. I know thay he has a reputation for being great to fans (backed up by many personal accounts I've heard here in NC) but if you're in the business, and he thinks you disrespected him, he'll throw your name under the bus real quick.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Today's update:

Vault
Ecw Hardcore Tv
#72 - 1994/08/29
Wccw
#66 - 1983/03/20
Original
Wwe Beyond The Ring
The John Cena Experience - 2010/11/15

Rapstah

Is the John Cena documentary something new like the Daniel Bryan documentary or something they already released like the Stone Cold or The Rock documentaries?

Top Bottom