• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Royal Rumble '17 |OT| Follow The Buzzers

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone ever watch ppvs out by ohio state u/columbus? thinkin about finding somewhere to watch tonight since i moved here a few months ago and haven't had many reasons to go out recently lol. i heard level one arcade shows the ppvs, its 30 mins away but i think i'll probably make the trek unless anybody knows somewhere else that shows them

I don't want to see a part timer winning the Rumble. I would like to see Tye in at #10 and maybe one female (Asuka!) in as well.

Not too much to ask is it?
They might try and put in a Nia Jax spot in it, have her eliminate Ellsworth or someone.

I would laugh if she and Braun had a face-off.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Not watched wresting in years but I feel compelled to watch Royal Rumbles just because of nostalgia.

As someone whose dropped out of wrestling for a good long while, I am the same way. I also watch the Rumbles just because they're about the most exciting thing in wrestling right now. It's fun to see surprise entrants like AJ Styles.

They might try and put in a Nia Jax spot in it, have her eliminate Ellsworth or someone.

I would laugh if she and Braun had a face-off.

That would be a very Vince move. Blowing a big opportunity to put over the suddenly very good women's division in the Rumgle by passing the Horsewomen over in favor of shoving another one of Dwayne's not ready cousins.

it features He Who Must Not Be Named winning the rumble

Only known gif of said man
83226-5O6Q1KC.gif~c200

Hulk Hogan was working that gimmick a couple years back, I think he dropped it though.

Man, I know the chances of it happening are high, but it'll be really stupid if AJ Styles loses to Cena after that promo the latter dropped on last week's Smackdown.

Uggggh.

UberTag

Prediction time for the record...

Nia Jax vs Sasha Banks
Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson vs Cesaro & Sheamus (c) - DISPUTED FINISH / DRAW
La Luchadora, Nikki Bella & Naomi vs. La Luchadora (c), La Luchadora and Natalya
Neville vs Rich Swann (c)
Bayley vs Charlotte (c)
Roman Reigns vs Kevin Owens (c)
John Cena vs AJ Styles (c)

30 Man Royal Rumble Match - Randy Orton

8 Mystery Participants
- Roman Reigns
- Finn Balor
- Tye Dillinger
- Kalisto
- Apollo Crews
- Jinder Mahal
- Titus O'Neil
- Tyler Bate

Seth Rollins will also jump Mojo Rawley and take his spot.

What would be some good rules for a Royal Rumble drinking game?
Drink for every elimination.

Drink if a tag team working together turn on each other.

Drink if someone tosses a person out and believes they got eliminated when really they managed to hang onto the ropes just in time.

Finish your drink if a female superstar enters the ring.

Finish your drink for every surprise entrance (be it an NXT call-up, a returning legend/former WWE wrestler or someone returning from injury).

Cry into your drink when the person you want to win gets eliminated.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Prediction time for the record...

Nia Jax vs Sasha Banks
Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson vs Cesaro & Sheamus (c) - DISPUTED FINISH / DRAW
La Luchadora, Nikki Bella & Naomi vs. La Luchadora (c), La Luchadora and Natalya
Bayley vs Charlotte (c)

30 Man Royal Rumble Match - Randy Orton

8 Mystery Participants
- Roman Reigns
- Finn Balor
- Tye Dillinger
- Kalisto
- Apollo Crews
- Jinder Mahal
- Titus O'Neil
- Enzo Amore

Seth Rollins will also jump Mojo Rawley and take his spot.

That would easily qualify as worst Rumble. No real surprises. Terrible choice of winner.

kunonabi

anyone ever watch ppvs out by ohio state u/columbus? thinkin about finding somewhere to watch tonight since i moved here a few months ago and haven't had many reasons to go out recently lol. i heard level one arcade shows the ppvs, its 30 mins away but i think i'll probably make the trek unless anybody knows somewhere else that shows them

I always went to the Buffalo Wild wings by the campus. Everyone there were huge Christian marks. That was years ago though.

Anth0ny

the only acceptable winners of the rumble are jericho because he's great

and goldberg because he's goldberg

i will complain on the internet if there is any other outcome

thequestion

Just watched the next takeover event. There was a match with cien and Roderick strong. What a match! Really enjoyed it. Who's this Roderick guy? That dude has some serious potential. Cien was great as well.

Just watched the next takeover event. There was a match with cien and Roderick strong. What a match! Really enjoyed it. Who's this Roderick guy? That dude has some serious potential. Cien was great as well.

He looks like he works an office job, and decided to walk into a wrestling arena after work.

My choice will be Bray. It continues the narrative WWE wanted to use (pre Meltz-bomb), but also swerves people who think they know what is coming. That sounds like Vince to me.

Xion385

Predictions in bold/

Nia Jax vs Sasha Banks
Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson vs Cesaro & Sheamus (c)
Becky Lynch, Nikki Bella & Naomi vs. Alexa Bliss (c), Mickie James and Natalya
Bayley vs Charlotte (c)

30 Man Royal Rumble Match - Samoa Joe

8 Mystery Participants
- Tye Dillinger
- Samoa Joe
- Shinsuke Nakamura (Screw Kayfabe!)
- Tyler Bate
- Kurt Angle