• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Royal Rumble '17 |OT| Follow The Buzzers

Status
Not open for further replies.

janoDX

Nia Jax vs Sasha Banks
Luke Gallows & Karl Andersonvs Cesaro & Sheamus (c)
Becky Lynch, Nikki Bella & Naomi vs. Bliss (c), Mickie James and Natalya
Neville vs Rich Swann (c)
Bayley vs Charlotte (c)
Roman Reigns vs Kevin Owens (c)
John Cena vs AJ Styles (c)

30 Man Royal Rumble Match - Sami Zayn or Samoa Joe

Surprises:
- Bálor
- Joe
- Pete Dunne
- Trent Seven
- Gillberg (So Ellsworth and Gill have a faceoff)
- HHH
- Tye Dillinger
- Tyler Bate

Seth appears and takes out (random jobber heel) to insert himself into the Rumble.

Shadow780

Was at the Sasha Banks signing, over 2000 ppl reportedly was in line. Sometimes I just have to remind myself how popular main roster ppl are even tho the internet has turned against them.

Here is your winner tonight (no not Regal, although that would be pretty hype)

baron-corbin-an-eye-for-an-eye.gif
Would prefer that to Orton. Baron is on fire. Massive improvements.

Please don't be Randy, Taker, or Ambrose. I like all 3, but any of those 3 would be boring and predictable.

ShadyK54

Was at the Sasha Banks signing, over 2000 ppl reportedly was in line. Sometimes I just have to remind myself how popular main roster ppl are even tho the internet has turned against them.

Is there any idea how many people went to AJ's signing? I think his was going on at the same time.

Would've loved to have gone to either of them, tbh.

Is there any idea how many people went to AJ's signing? I think his was going on at the same time.

Would've loved to have gone to either of them, tbh.

I missed AJ in Toronto. I fear Ill never get the opportunity again.

My Chris benoit autograph needs some company

Crazy to think that this time last year I wanted Dean to win the Royal Rumble. Now I just want him to quietly fade away into the midcard.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
What would be some good rules for a Royal Rumble drinking game?

Take a drink:
- Whenever someone says "Both feet must touch the floor"
- Whenever someone says "Over the top rope"
- Whenever someone is eliminated
- Whenever a surprise entrant joins

UberTag

I never had a huge issue with WWE's camera. I could deal with the shaky cam, quick cuts, and random zoon. I only got annoyed when they started seeking out crowd shots after EVERY SINGLE MOVE.
Have any of the online satire YouTubers lampooned this latest Dunn gimmick by inserting infamous crowd scenes from WWE's history over top of the lame crowd shots from your typical Raw main event match?

Like, have Miz Girl, Brock fan, the Taker Lost guy and all of the other noteworthy fan reaction shots from years past blatantly shoehorned in. Preferably in spots where their reaction is completely not warranted and over-the-top.

Have any of the online satire shots lampooned this latest Dunn gimmick by inserting infamous crowd scenes from WWE's history over top of the lame crowd shots from your typical Raw main event match?

Like, have Miz Girl, Brock fan, the Taker Lost guy and all of the other noteworthy fan reaction shots from years past blatantly shoehorned in. Preferably in spots where their reaction is completely not warranted and over-the-top.

2017-01-13-crowd-shots-1.jpg

AndyVirus

Take a drink:

- Whenever the commentators ask who can possibly eliminate a monster (e.g. Braun/Show) or allude to them being favourite because of their size. Enjoy being drunk.

Roman Reigns vs Kevin Owens (c)
John Cena vs AJ Styles (c)

30 Man Royal Rumble Match - Sami Zayn

The only thing I think is less likely than both champs retaining is Sami winning the Rumble :p

Ecliptor

Every time Michael Cole says "OH MYYYY".

Drink for every elimination.

Drink if a tag team working together turn on each other.

Drink if someone tosses a person out and believes they got eliminated when really they managed to hang onto the ropes just in time.

Finish your drink if a female superstar enters the ring.

Finish your drink for every surprise entrance (be it an NXT call-up, a returning legend/former WWE wrestler or someone returning from injury).

Cry into your drink when the person you want to win gets eliminated.

drink when michael cole says "spear"

drink when michael cole says "spear" immediately after the time he says "spear" even though we all heard him the first time

Drink every time Kevin Dunn cuts to a close up crowd reactions shot of a non reacting person.
Drink twice if you miss an elimination because of this because of this bullshit

Take a drink:

Thanks for the suggestions! Damn, I'm gonna need more beer lol

UberTag

Trips will come out at 30 again looking to screw over everyone else but seth-kun will swoop down and cost him the rumble match
Main reason I don't buy any of the "Triple H in the Rumble" suggestions this year is that the entire Rollins-Triple H storyline is built around him trolling Seth from the sidelines and Seth doing everything in his power to get Triple H to confront him.

Hunter in the Rumble doesn't make sense with the story that they're telling. Even if Seth slithers his way back into the match tonight, I don't see Triple H interfering as a legit participant. He might show himself if Seth hits the ring as a non-participant and starts tossing guys out until Hunter shows himself and they then have a pull-apart brawl.

Seth isn't in the rumble so I can't see Triple H entering.

I still think the better thing to do would have been Seth still being in the rumble and he did his Takeover stuff last night which pissed Triple H enough to go into the rumble to take him out.

I am going with Styles winning because Joe will interfere and take out Cena. Joe will come to Smackdown to balance out Balor coming back to RAW. Elimination Chamber will come and Wyatt will win. I think Styles will be eliminated very early, i.e. Edge style and lobby for a rematch at Mania. Shane will continuously deny him and will set up a match between them at Mania. Cena will tie Flair at SummerSlam this year.

Mania:
Styles v Shane
Joe v Cena

God, I am working myself up and believing all this. Gonna be the total opposite of all this in reality.

I am going with Styles winning because Joe will interfere and take out Cena. Joe will come to Smackdown to balance out Balor coming back to RAW. Elimination Chamber will come and Wyatt will win. I think Styles will be eliminated very early, i.e. Edge style and lobby for a rematch at Mania. Shane will continuously deny him and will set up a match between them at Mania. Cena will tie Flair at SummerSlam this year.

Mania:
Styles v Shane
Joe v Cena

God, I am working myself up and believing all this. Gonna be the total opposite of all this in reality.

Christ, I hope so. Shane would be a total waste of AJ Styles.

Floex

Believe me, I agree. I am just drawing blanks for Styles for Mania. It's bullshit - but I don't see him walking into Mania with the title.

I'm going with this.

Cena beats AJ for the title, AJ doesn't take well to this and is allowed to enter the Rumble because reasons. Goes to town early, eliminates a few people and stands alone in the ring. The countdown from 10 starts, Nakamura's music hits, the two go at it and elimate each other setting up AJ/Nakamura II for Mania.

As a Daniel Bryan fan; Royal Rumble hopes and dreams is a deep dark hole that will leave a husk of a mark that you really are. Don't do it. Just watch or don't watch and you'll be ok.

Only ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom