• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Royal Rumble '17 |OT| Follow The Buzzers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heroman

Banned
Still calling Seth winning.

Mains WM against KO orAJ
1d75c91abc3a1086fbc2bc5f010f59d9a6b15710_hq.gif

Seth's not in the rumble.

UberTag

I'm going with this.

Cena beats AJ for the title, AJ doesn't take well to this and is allowed to enter the Rumble because reasons. Goes to town early, eliminates a few people and stands alone in the ring. The countdown from 10 starts, Nakamura's music hits, the two go at it and elimate each other setting up AJ/Nakamura II for Mania.
The main reason this would never happen is that Triple H so clearly would not book a match that would easily outshine his own match against Rollins.

DJChuy

I wanted to go to the AJ signing, but oh well. Too many people anyways. Chavo Guerrero attracted less than 100, maybe less than 50 when he was in TNA, so I didn't expect it to be so packed. I did meet Mil Muertes and Catrina yesterday however.

I'm not totally sold on Strowman, but no one else deserves or needs the win. Maybe Joe if they're serious about a monster push.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Tyler Bate was at NXT Takeover last night.

Anyway, Sami Zayn better at least eliminate Strowman in the Rumble. Beyond that, I have no real predictions.

In my dream scenario, the Undertaker and Shinsuke Nakamura are the first two entrants so we can have like a half hour of entrances before the Rumble actually begins. :D

Strowman is going to throw Zayn 5 rows into the crowd. Gotta let the big guys look tough.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Predictions time:

Nia Jax vs Sasha Banks
Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson vs Cesaro & Sheamus (c)
Becky Lynch, Nikki Bella & Naomi vs. Alexa Bliss (c), Mickie James and Natalya
Neville vs Rich Swann (c)
Bayley vs Charlotte (c)
Roman Reigns vs Kevin Owens (c)
John Cena vs AJ Styles (c)

30 Man Royal Rumble Match - Orton

8 Mystery Participants
- Tye Dillinger
- Samoa Joe
- Shinsuke Nakamura
- Tyler Bate
- Kurt Angle
- Shawn Michaels
- Ellsworth
- HHH

UberTag

Tyler Bate was at NXT Takeover last night.

Anyway, Sami Zayn better at least eliminate Strowman in the Rumble. Beyond that, I have no real predictions.

In my dream scenario, the Undertaker and Shinsuke Nakamura are the first two entrants so we can have like a half hour of entrances before the Rumble actually begins. :D
Can Finn Balor be #3 then?

Raw64life

Prediction time for the record...

Nia Jax vs Sasha Banks
Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson vs Cesaro & Sheamus (c) - DISPUTED FINISH / DRAW
La Luchadora, Nikki Bella & Naomi vs. La Luchadora (c), La Luchadora and Natalya
Neville vs Rich Swann (c)
Bayley vs Charlotte (c)
Roman Reigns vs Kevin Owens (c)
John Cena vs AJ Styles (c)

30 Man Royal Rumble Match - Randy Orton

Mine are the same......mostly because
it's what the betting odds are going with with 3 hours left until the show

Samoa Joe is pretty much a lock in. Dude was a guest at NXT Takeover. Cant imagine theyd make him loiter around for 2 months for after Mania

theBmZ

Guess I'll throw in my predictions.

(winners in bold)

Nia Jax vs. Sasha Banks
Sasha is fresh off a great feud with Charlotte. I see Jax winning tonight to continue the feud for another month or so, with Sasha ultimately coming out on top.

Cesaro and Sheamus vs. Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson
Cesaro and Sheamus are riding a pretty good wave right now. I'd like to see them hold on to the belts for a little while longer. I do want Gallows and Anderson as the champs.
Maybe at Mania.

Becky Lynch, Nikki Bella, and Naomi vs. Alexa Bliss, Mickie James, and Natalya
Mickie James didn't come back just to lose immediately. Mickie will get the pin on Becky, starting up their feud. Nikki will continue story with Natalya, Bliss moves on to Naomi?

Rich Swann vs. Neville
Don't really have any stakes in this match. Neville will get the championship because nobody seems to be able to hold on to the belt for more than a month.

Charlotte Flair vs. Bayley
The Queen of PPV will keep her crown. The story will continue to Mania, where maybe Bayley wins in the feel good moment of the night.

Kevin Owens vs. Roman Reigns
Please just do not give the belt to Roman. Let Kevin keep it all the way to Mania.

AJ Styles vs. John Cena
As much as I want AJ to keep the belt, I feel it in my bones that Cena will win it. Because, Cena tying Ric Flair had to happen at some point. I hope I'm wrong though.

Royal Rumble match ???
I really don't have any idea what to make of this match. This really is an "anything could happen" scenario. I wouldn't mind seeing Jericho win and fight Owens at Mania, or Undertaker win and fight Cena at Mania and retire with the belt. I don't want Orton, or Baron Corbin. Somebody younger that they can make a star out of would be nice. But I really don't know.

Guess I'll throw in my predictions.

(winners in bold)

Nia Jax vs. Sasha Banks
Sasha is fresh off a great feud with Charlotte. I see Jax winning tonight to continue the feud for another month or so, with Sasha ultimately coming out on top.

Cesaro and Sheamus vs. Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson
Cesaro and Sheamus are riding a pretty good wave right now. I'd like to see them hold on to the belts for a little while longer. I do want Gallows and Anderson as the champs.
Maybe at Mania.

Becky Lynch, Nikki Bella, and Naomi vs. Alexa Bliss, Mickie James, and Natalya
Mickie James didn't come back just to lose immediately. Mickie will get the pin on Becky, starting up their feud. Nikki will continue story with Natalya, Bliss moves on to Naomi?

Rich Swann vs. Neville
Don't really have any stakes in this match. Neville will get the championship because nobody seems to be able to hold on to the belt for more than a month.

Charlotte Flair vs. Bayley
The Queen of PPV will keep her crown. The story will continue to Mania, where maybe Bayley wins in the feel good moment of the night.

Kevin Owens vs. Roman Reigns
Please just do not give the belt to Roman. Let Kevin keep it all the way to Mania.

AJ Styles vs. John Cena
As much as I want AJ to keep the belt, I feel it in my bones that Cena will win it. Because, Cena tying Ric Flair had to happen at some point. I hope I'm wrong though.

Royal Rumble match ???
I really don't have any idea what to make of this match. This really is an "anything could happen" scenario. I wouldn't mind seeing Jericho win and fight Owens at Mania, or Undertaker win and fight Cena at Mania and retire with the belt. I don't want Orton, or Baron Corbin. Somebody younger that they can make a star out of would be nice. But I really don't know.

I think Cena wins 16 at Summerslam. Not today though. He's lost consecutive SummerSlam for the past several years. There's a story to that. Winning 16 there makes more sense.

UberTag

Samoa Joe is pretty much a lock in. Dude was a guest at NXT Takeover. Cant imagine theyd make him loiter around for 2 months for after Mania
I agree. Thing is, I could see them making him loiter around for another 2 weeks until Elimination Chamber.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I just noticed there are a lot of non-Rumble matches this time around, I dont remember there being so many usually.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Starting in 15 'min? Will there be a match in the first hour?

wait what? I assume you mean the pre show.

but still, that would mean it would start at...11pm uk? what? does it not start at 1am uk as usual?

Really sucks that tag match is on preshow. That smackdown womens tag match should be the one that gets kicked off the show

I hope we can expect a lot of backstage segments

ShadyK54

I want to throw in my Rumble predictions as well, why not.

Nia Jax vs Sasha Banks

Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson vs Cesaro & Sheamus
- Wanting Gallows and Anderson, but this will probably end in fuckery AGAIN.

Becky Lynch, Nikki Bella & Naomi vs. Alexa Bliss, Mickie James and Natalya

Neville vs Rich Swann

Bayley vs Charlotte
- Feeling like Bayley will probably get a Wrestlemania moment and win the title there (maybe in a triple threat with Sasha and Charlotte?)

Roman Reigns vs Kevin Owens
- I really just want Roman to fuck off. I'd rather the Owens/Jericho mania match be for the Universal title than the U.S.

John Cena vs AJ Styles
- Cena to tie at Mania

The Royal Rumble - Joe (or Balor if he returns)

The 8 Surprises
Tye Dillinger
Samoa Joe
Finn Balor
Tyler Bate
Kurt Angle
Shawn Michaels
Ellsworth
??? (really can't come up with an 8th surprise lol)

wait what? I assume you mean the pre show.

but still, that would mean it would start at...11pm uk? what? does it not start at 1am uk as usual?
The PPV starts an hour early then normal so it starts at 12 instead of 1 like it usually does. Combine that with a two hour long pre show and it starts at 10 in UK/Ireland.

Rhaknar

The PPV starts an hour early then normal so it starts at 12 instead of 1 like it usually does. Combine that with a two hour long pre show and it starts at 10 in UK/Ireland.

son of a bitch, that sucks for me. oh well

yuraya

Predictions:

Charlotte defeats Bayley
AJ defeats Cena
Roman defeats Owens
Undertaker wins Rumble

Goldberg and Lesnar eliminate each other in less than 1 minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom