• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Royal Rumble '17 |OT| Follow The Buzzers

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hey Vince, everyone's talking about those guys over in uh, Japan. Kazoo China Wok and some other guy had a match and those twitter geeks won't shut up about it. How we gonna top it?"

"CENA VS ORTON GODDAMNIT."

Oh yeah, I thought Alvarez said they were going for a great match to close Mania this year after WK11.

Toki767

It just seems silly that if Cena is going to drop the title at Elimination Chamber to Wyatt anyway, why even give him the title?

It's cute you think that Wyatt would main event WM if he had the belt.

It's never going to happen, obviously. But the announcers made a specific statements repeatedly that the winner would main event Wrestlemania. Hence why we'll probably get Cena/Orton, that's what draws the casuals.

Kusagari

I cannot see WWE ending Mania with Jericho/Owens or Orton/Bray.

Roman/Taker will end the show, whether it's for the title or not.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Honestly, thinking about it I really think they might go for it. As cool as Wyatt in the WM main event would be, I can't see Vince pulling the trigger on it.

It would make about zero sense for Cena to take on Orton while Orton is still aligned with the Wyatt Family.

Wagram

Wrestlemania these days is more about spectacle and cheap spots than it is about quality storytelling and wrestling. So much idiocy.

This fucking company... Fitting Randy wins such a boring Royal Rumble.

Brock didn't get revenge and just walked away after getting eliminated, okay.

Wagram

Goldberg is gassing out and botching clotheslines. Do people really think he can close Wrestlemania? He's putting in less work than Rock did. He's making Rock look amazing in the ring.

kirblar

This is what we are getting for Mania, isn't it

Orton-Cena
KO-Jericho
HHH-Rollins
Undertaker-Reigns
Goldberg-Lesnar
Shaq-Big Show
Shane O Mac-AJ
Charlotte-Sasha 86
Wyatt-Harper
Orton/Wyatt has to be the plan.

Could we actually be getting Cena/Styles III at WM?

tumblr_o4s6xzrF0J1rnjfjfo1_r1_500.jpg

This will always make me laugh , lol love it

It's never going to happen, obviously. But the announcers made a specific statement that the winner would main event Wrestlemania. Hence why we'll probably get Cena/Orton, that's what draws the casuals.

They usually have about 5 "main events" at Mania nowadays. We've had Rumble Winners who's "main event" matches fucking opened the show. It means nothing.

NYR

Why the fuck did Goldberg kill Brock again , it makes no sense
Because Goldberg is done after WM whereas Lesnar will still
be around so they got to push him. Can't have him lose and then Goldberg leaves, would make no sense.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Also that did a really bad job of building to lesnar vs Goldberg. Why would I want to see that where apparently Goldberg is just way better than lesnar?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
This is WWE, zero sense is sort of their gimmick.

It's never going to happen, obviously. But the announcers made a specific statements repeatedly that the winner would main event Wrestlemania. Hence why we'll probably get Cena/Orton, that's what draws the casuals.

Probably WM / EC spoilers:
Except literally nobody had previously picked Orton to win except the guy whose been doing backstage reports for 30 years who said "Orton is winning to take on Bray."

If they ever wanted to resuscitate Roman Reigns, having him eliminate the Undertaker and Chris Jericho, two of the biggest fan favorites in that match at #30, was not it. Reigns is a boring wrestler with a boring punch for a move. I'd like to like him but he hasn't improved at all in 4 years, is gassy on the mic, and is incredibly unpopular

Wonder if they stifled boos.

UberTag

Oh yeah, I thought Alvarez said they were going for a great match to close Mania this year after WK11.
Rollins vs. Triple H will be a 7-star classic. Hunter's entrance will run for a full 25 minutes.
Many sledgehammer spots will be teased. And Steph will dress up in something ghastly after emasculating Conor McGregor earlier in the evening.

ReiGun

0a93d3c05cb7.jpeg

WWE: We really need to make new stars.

WWE to WWE: Make 90% of the roster look like geeks at one of the biggest events of the year then give the match to the guy whose been around since 2002.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom