• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Royal Rumble '17 |OT| Follow The Buzzers

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR

This pretty much confirms Balor isn't back for Mania, eh? Not like he can get a revenge match with Seth, that is booked. What a mistake it was putting the strap on him so early.

Only spot would be against KO, just don't see it happening after tonight.

Ithil

Roman coming out at 30 was so good, completely blindsided everyone that thought Joe was a sure thing.

Also the big three part timers (Brock, Goldberg, Taker) all got to do stuff and get eliminated. A pretty fun rumble.

Just because it's a swerve doesn't mean it's good.

shanafan

Storylines are terrible, and so is the quality of the streams during high profile PPVs like tonight's Royal Rumble.
*CANCEL ACCOUNT*

Done.

The quality of streams has always been A+ for me. I would recommend upgrading your home network, or checking what is consuming bandwidth while you are watching.

Raw64life

Betting odds accurate again. Many other people could've benefited from winning the rumble more than Orton. Decent rumble overall.

Unannounced entrants were uniformly awful. Nothing but jobbers and then the masterful troll job of Roman at 30. No genuine surprises, no legends, nobody returning from injury, no Samoa Joe. I guess Gallagher and Dillinger were alright.

Tall4Life

Honestly that rumble was FUCKING AWESOME outside of the last 10 minutes. Nobody except Enzo and Ellsworth looked weak. Everyone got offense in. It was tense. AND THEN FUCKING ROMAN FUCKING REIGNS LMAO

Lum1n3s

Haven't had my subscription active since a while ago and plan to take it back to that after this. Keeping up with the PPV's is too exhausting especially when they can't build on anything.

pbayne

I wouldn't be surprised if this is some ass backwards favor by Vince to Orton for taking the beating from Brock at Summerslam.

Here Randy for allowing a dude to murderise you, have a rumble win.

shanafan

This pretty much confirms Balor isn't back for Mania, eh? Not like he can get a revenge match with Seth, that is booked. What a mistake it was putting the strap on him so early.

Huh? He got injured in the match he won. Unfortunately, he had to take time off.

Storylines are terrible, and so is the quality of the streams during high profile PPVs like tonight's Royal Rumble.
*CANCEL ACCOUNT*

Done.

EDIT: My subscription will end in JUNE??? WHAT THE FUCK???

Surprised by this... The stream quality is excellent for me. And my wife was watching The Night Of at the same time.

Kaiterra

Banned
The quality of streams has always been A+ for me. I would recommend upgrading your home network, or checking what is consuming bandwidth while you are watching.

It was shit over here too, that's part of why I canceled a good while ago. Anything I wanted to watch was much higher quality on Hulu.

enewtabie

Wow it was ok in spots and the ending was terrible. I was counting down the people left and I just knew Joe was #30,but Reigns came down..I need the who books this crap gif.

have Cena beat Styles after missing months of time doing Hollywood stuff like a hypocrite and Styles carried SD on his shoulders...setting up Styles getting a crap spot on WM ...again

build up having Braun, Goldberg, Brock, Taker in the Rumble only to waste all of their spots...no actual surprises/big returns

and yet again have to continue shoving Reigns down everyone's throat

it's like they don't want anyone to watch

Bronx-Man

Banned
"Hey Vince, everyone's talking about those guys over in uh, Japan. Kazoo China Wok and some other guy had a match and those twitter geeks won't shut up about it. How we gonna top it?"

"CENA VS ORTON GODDAMNIT."

NYR

This is what we are getting for Mania, isn't it

Orton-Cena
KO-Jericho
HHH-Rollins
Undertaker-Reigns
Goldberg-Lesnar
Shaq-Big Show
Shane O Mac-AJ
Charlotte-Sasha 86
Wyatt-Harper

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Only spot would be against KO, just don't see it happening after tonight.

They could squeeze in Balor vs Joe maybe, not that I'm really trying to see that match again.

Rival

Gold Member
They haven't really done shit with Orton since he's been back and suddenly he's the main event at wrestlemania? Not hyped.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Thought the whole show was great overall... till the ending. Would have been way more happy if Reigns won again honestly. Ideally Bray there.

Also wonder if they'll ever think about doing a 40 man again, they have the roster to do it and it'd be fun seeing more debuts/one night return entrants that just get harder to do with them employing more and more people. Rumble has always been about the entrants to me more than the actual match quality shrug.

So I am just curious on something; was Goldberg supposed to be eliminated that early? It looks like he tried to do something fancy and then fucked up and his foot landed on the ground.

I thought that about Big Show. Big Show's elimination looked like a mistake and it also looked like he landed really bad on his feet.

You could see Strauman looking for someone to break up the elimination, and then Big Show kinda tried to hold on, and it looked like a botch to me... Plus Big Show looked legit pissed after getting eliminated, not kayfabe mad.

Honestly, thinking about it I really think they might go for it. As cool as Wyatt in the WM main event would be, I can't see Vince pulling the trigger on it.

If they go through with Orton/Wyatt, then either Lesnar/Goldberg or Reigns/Taker will close out the show while Orton/Wyatt will jerk the curtain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom