• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Royal Rumble '17 |OT| Follow The Buzzers

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't think the Rumble from 1-29 was god tier you need to get your eyes checked. So many awesome moments.

This was not a god tier royal rumble.

For fuck sakes Apollo Cruise and Enzo were in the late 20s...

Everything until Braun went out was fine. Picked up for Lesnar and died for good when Lesnar went out

Scotia

Banned
Probably going to cancel the network tomorrow. Been on the fence for a while after the rumours for WM looked like shit and this Rumble definitely confirmed them. Not even going to waste my time with WM this year.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If you don't think the Rumble from 1-29 was god tier you need to get your eyes checked. So many awesome moments.

It was probably literally the worst Rumble match ever from start to finish. There have been dumber individual moments but the entirety of the match was disappointment.

Said it in the OT, but I think Roman's booking at the end of the Rumble was 100% by design. They knew there was a possibility that fans might shit on an Orton win, so they had Reigns go out and eliminate all the fan favorites (and be in a big surprise spot that the crowd wanted others in) so that Orton was sure to get a pop when he eliminated him last.

Either way, Orton vs. Bray for the title at Mania is gonna suck.

I don't think I've ever been as deflated as when reigns entered, like god damn.

Where was Kane?! His name was on the apron! IT WAS ON THE APROOOOON!
You can't give me a token Kane/taker nostalgia wank in a rumble already thriving off such things and full of hosses?

That was actually a really well booked rumble up until the part timers showed up, a damn shame really.

Anyway we get AJ styles vs Orton at wm?

v7MiO0l.gif

JY8vtNY.gif

Sanjuro

Angle, Joe, and other surprise guests were paid and at the event. Vince got really into the "blue balls" segment and wanted everyone to select a ball. Those guys selected balls without numbers.

RyudBoy

I like Orton but Y2J should've won.

Decent rumble match. It got kinda boring after Braun Strowman was eliminated and didn't pick up until Lesnar entered.

Probably WM / EC spoilers:
Except literally nobody had previously picked Orton to win except the guy whose been doing backstage reports for 30 years who said "Orton is winning to take on Bray."
Don't get me wrong, Bray/Wyatt is definitely the match I want to see here.
I posted my thoughts on what I believed would happen earlier:
Cena wins, drops it to Bray Wyatt in the Elimination Chamber due to a Joey Samoey beatdown. Orton wins the Rumble, Orton vs Wyatt for the title and Cena vs Joe at Wrestlemania. It's inevitable.
But now after the rumble and lack of Joe the pessimist in me has come out, that's all.

Kaiterra

Banned
Said it in the OT, but I think Roman's booking at the end of the Rumble was 100% by design. They knew there was a possibility that fans might shit on an Orton win, so they had Reigns go out and eliminate all the fan favorites (and be in a big surprise spot that the crowd wanted others in) so that Orton was sure to get a pop when he eliminated him last.

You'd think the solution to that would be to stop booking things you think the fans are gonna shit on.

Tall4Life

Don't visit wrasslingaf so I don't know if you're their resident troll or not.

Glad you enjoyed it?

It was legitimately great. Strowman/Show was a pretty awesome sequence for what it was, Henry/Strowman, Tye and Sami teaming up, Goldberg destroying Lesnar, Taker wrecking shit, Sami actually lasting a damn long time, etc.... If the small part that Roman came out at #30 makes you think its the worst rumble ever then ok, you're a fool.

First time I've watched WWE for years... Won't be watching again in a hurry lol. So many of those guys looked like bad create a players from WWF Warzone.

UberTag

Probably going to cancel the network tomorrow. Been on the fence for a while after the rumours for WM looked like shit and this Rumble definitely confirmed them. Not even going to waste my time with WM this year.
You have chosen wisely. You will now get 7 hours of your life back on WrestleMania Sunday.

Not sure how people say that was good. No big surprises at all. Overcrowded ring with everyone laying around waiting to get eliminatwd in the last 10 minutes.

It was complete shit. Waiting to see who number 30 was, hoping for something even remotely compelling and it was a shit druggo.

Why on Earth wouldn't they have Bray win the Rumble and then Orton win the title at EC instead? That way Bray gets a much needed Rumble win AND his first title victory at Mania instead of doing it all ass backwards and leaving people disappointed.

Silly of me to assume that it won't be Cena vs. Orton for the millionth time...

Heroman

Banned
I was just watching a pretty solid match between him and Cody Rhodes from a few months back.

And he has a match with Alberto Del Rio next month too, I believe.
Indy promotion don't give a fucking saw Dory funk in a match. He can't pass Thier physical if he could he would be Wrestling now.

Scotia

Banned
I don't think I've ever been as deflated as when reigns entered, like god damn.

Agreed. I could literally feel all the interest and excitement in my body built up throughout the Rumble just leave like a deflated balloon when
Roman's theme hit. Christ, the idea that Vince thinks that's what the fans want is both hilarious and saddening.

Most likely Cena/Orton with a slim chance of Wyatt/Orton. AJ's gonna be in some midcard Intercontinental Title Ladder Match bullshit.

It's not gonna be Cena/Orton. It'll be Orton/Wyatt. I'll bet anything on that.

You'd think the solution to that would be to stop booking things you think the fans are gonna shit on.

They book what they want, then find out how to make it look like it's working. It's what they've always done.

Tall4Life

It was probably literally the worst Rumble match ever from start to finish. There have been dumber individual moments but the entirety of the match was disappointment.

Ok, must I point you to the 1995 Royal Rumble? If you think this is the worst Rumble ever you must have only seen like, 2 of them. 2015 was certifiably worse than this too. This was 1995:

Shawn Michaels
British Bulldog
Eli Blu
Duke "The Dumpster" Droese
Jimmy Del Ray
Sione
Tom Prichard
Doink
Kwang
Rick Martel
Owen Hart
Timothy Well
Bushwacker Luke
Jacob Blu
King Kong Bundy
Mo
Mabel
Bushwacker Butch
Lex Luger
Mantaur
Aldo Montoya
Henry Godwinn
Billy Gunn
Bart Gunn
Bob Backlund
Steven Dunn
Dick Murdoch
Adam Bomb
Fatu
Crush

Ronin Ray

AJ is gonna "wrestle" Shane at Mania

That would be interesting at least. AJ will have god matches with everyone and Orton can be good at times

Most likely Cena/Orton with a slim chance of Wyatt/Orton. AJ's gonna be in some midcard Intercontinental Title Ladder Match bullshit.

AJ's effort in an amazing year is being rewarded with second row seats

I am go cry in the corner now

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
First time I've watched WWE for years... Won't be watching again in a hurry lol. So many of those guys looked like bad create a players from WWF Warzone.

The in-ring work has mostly improved(which doesn't say much considering how shit it was in the 90s and 80s compared to WCW) but the personalities which were WWF's strongest trait has gone completely down the toilet.

Everyone goes through the PC factory and comes out with a 6 pack, short trunks and kickpads and a 'i am a wrestler' or 'i am arrogant' gimmick.

VoxPop

It was legitimately great. Strowman/Show was a pretty awesome sequence for what it was, Henry/Strowman, Tye and Sami teaming up, Goldberg destroying Lesnar, Taker wrecking shit, Sami actually lasting a damn long time, etc.... If the small part that Roman came out at #30 makes you think its the worst rumble ever then ok, you're a fool.

Jokepost, right?

Why would they want him to get a pop? He's (for the next week or two at least) a heel.

NastyBook

The quality of streams has always been A+ for me. I would recommend upgrading your home network, or checking what is consuming bandwidth while you are watching.
The quality of streams has always been A+ for me. I would recommend upgrading your home network, or checking what is consuming bandwidth while you are watching.
The streaming quality has gotten progressively worse for me. The less important the PPV, the better it streams. It's ridiculous.

The falling ratings sure could have fooled me.

I agree. A show full of indy stars with no mic skills did drive away the fans who did show up when a real star like Batista returned and those casual fans saw him tossed away for a guy who looks like he works for a co-op independent grocery store.

Why on Earth wouldn't they have Bray win the Rumble and then Orton win the title at EC instead? That way Bray gets a much needed Rumble win AND his first title victory at Mania instead of doing it all ass backwards and leaving people disappointed.

Silly of me to assume that it won't be Cena vs. Orton for the millionth time...

Because Bray isn't going to win at WM. WM will be Orton getting one over on Bray after breaking up his family with Harper.

I guess we're going to have Bray vs. Harper over the next month or so until the predictable turn happens of Randy's only goal being to destroy the Wyatt family from the inside. Then you can set up the blood feud between Orton and Bray from there.

It could work I guess.

Because Bray isn't going to win at WM. WM will be Orton getting one over on Bray after breaking up his family with Harper.

I can't even imagine if they actually went this route. To say it would completely destroy Bray would be an understatement. Losing to the guy who infiltrated and destroyed your family is too much. Bray needs to go over Orton.

Indy promotion don't give a fucking saw Dory funk in a match. He can't pass Thier physical if he could he would be Wrestling now.

Then I misunderstood. When you said his body, I thought you meant that he himself was physically incapable of doing the work anymore.

My bad.

Which I means begs the question why even do Orton wins the Rumble?

He sure as fuck doesn't need it. Be sure has fuck hasn't been built towards it going into the match...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom