• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Royal Rumble '17 |OT| Follow The Buzzers

Status
Not open for further replies.
b2bTM9z.jpg

yVFTBrM.gif

ReiGun

The saddest part of that rumble is that everyone will be so busy to complain about the end and wank about AJ/Cena that the Owens match will be forgotten in oblivion. And even the recap of the match will only show Stroman interfering i guess -_-

Owens died for nothing.

I feel like in hindsight, the bolded will come to describe his entire reign as Universial Champion. :p

I agree. A show full of indy stars with no mic skills did drive away the fans who did show up when a real star like Batista returned and those casual fans saw him tossed away for a guy who looks like he works for a co-op independent grocery store.

Honestly do you adopt a gimmick for wrestling posts?

Wheres this AJ vs Shane shtuff coming from?

Meltz. Who got almost everything right for the rumble, although he said AJ/Shane wasn't a lock yet, but they have had interaction between shane and aj the last week that wasn't exactly joyful, so they've laid the groundwork if they're heading that way.

It was supposed to be Brock/Shane before Goldberg agreed to do more then one match.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
So WM matches:

Big Show vs Shaq
Four way for the Raw Woman title (Nia, Bayley; Sasha and Charlotte)
Jericho vs Owens for US title
Lesnar vs Goldberg for the Universal title
Roman vs Undertaker for #makestrong
Bray vs Orton for title

I think all these are more or less confirmed, and then we can speculate on a few more:
Multi women Smackdown women match
Joe vs Cena
AJ vs Shane
The rest of the smackdown roster for the Intercontinental title
Tag-title multi man matches on the preshow.

What more?

Honestly do you adopt a gimmick for wrestling posts?

This is my honest opinion. Bryan was already broken. Have Triple H fuck him over like they did, put control of the WWE on the line in a WM match, have him beat Triple H, do the face GM thing for a while with somebody like Foley or whoever.

Meanwhile, have your WWE Champion also be on every late night show in the country while he's in the #1 movie in the country.

Everybody wins.

I guess we're going to have Bray vs. Harper over the next month or so until the predictable turn happens of Randy's only goal being to destroy the Wyatt family from the inside. Then you can set up the blood feud between Orton and Bray from there.

It could work I guess.

I can't even imagine if they actually went this route. To say it would completely destroy Bray would be an understatement. Losing to the guy who infiltrated and destroyed your family is too much. Bray needs to go over Orton.

Ummm absolutely destroying Bray is how the WWE books Bray

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I agree. A show full of indy stars with no mic skills did drive away the fans who did show up when a real star like Batista returned and those casual fans saw him tossed away for a guy who looks like he works for a co-op independent grocery store.

The 2013 yes movement and 2009 Straight Edge Society were the only times WWE wasn't losing ratings in the last 10 years.

I'll admit the 2005 Cena vs Orton era was pretty good for ratings too, but that was 12 years ago.

So we have
Lesnar vs Goldberg
Reigns vs Taker
Owens vs Jericho
Orton vs Wyatt
Shaq vs Big Show
AJ vs Shane
Triple H vs Rollins
Battle Royal

Some more garbage

I'll be really disappointed if this is the card. If you list every member of their roster and this is the best they could come up with I don't even know anymore.

Perro

MVPs were Maryse and Lana <3
Taker is old and slow, its time to retire big man.
The part-timers made the roster look like bums.
That Brawn guy is ok, he looks stupid tho.
I liked Cena/AJ.

I didn't know wrestling leaks were a thing. WM looking kinda lame :/

Eanan

Mantaur has more charisma than 25 of the people that were in the Rumble.

You'll always remember Mantaur.

Unlike that homeless guy who pretends to be looney and whatever other spot monkeys the IWC fawns over.

Top post.

The only person im remembering from this Rumble that I hadn't seen before was the jobber with the hot girlfriend. That jobber italian new yorker whatever he is with the turkey hair was the worst.

So WM matches:

Big Show vs Shaq
Bray vs Orton for title

I think all these are more or less confirmed, and then we can speculate on a few more:
Joe vs Cena
AJ vs Shane

What more?

I'll toss in Fatal 4 way (Swann, Neville, Tyler Bate, Gallagher)
And the Andre Battle Royal (won by Stroman)

TraBuch

Banned
The 2013 yes movement and 2009 Straight Edge Society were the only times WWE wasn't losing ratings in the last 10 years.

I'll admit the 2005 Cena vs Orton era was pretty good for ratings too, but that was 12 years ago.
Anyone know when the start of the SES was? I wanna go back and watch it from the start.

Brinbe

So WM matches:

Big Show vs Shaq
Bray vs Orton for title

Joe vs Cena
AJ vs Shane

What more?
Rollins-Trips

orioto

Good Art™
I feel like in hindsight, the bolded will come to describe his entire reign as Universial Champion. :p

Well no actually cause i was pissed cause Owens was bad since august. It's his first really good match since he's been a champ. I was thinking "ha ok they'll let him shine a little before he loses the belt" but then he kept it.

I know people think it's still the same and he was booked as a cheap heel but clearly that match will be remembered somewhat in his wwe run, contrary to anything he did since last august.

No, it's 50/50.

Yes, the booking sucks, but it's also a roster full of guys who spent a decade how to have ***** matches, but never learned how to do ***** promos. The truth is, when Goldberg can come back and be the best babyface in the company on the mic in five minutes, it's not all Evil Vince.

Wait wait wait. You are a big Reigns booster. That guy can't even cut a ** promo.

god damn. that Wrestlemania rumored card looks like a stomach flu classic.

you're gonna need 4 to 5 hours of bathroom breaks to watch that one.

owens vs jericho and shaq vs big show might be good though. well the shaq one will be terrible but likely funny too.

Top post.

The only person im remembering from this Rumble that I hadn't seen before was the jobber with the hot girlfriend. That jobber italian new yorker whatever he is with the turkey hair was the worst.

No, don't you understand, Sami Zayn (the goofy guy wearing the beret type of hat), Cesaro (the guy who looks like a third rate Jason Statham), and Kevin Owens (the fat dude who fell through shit) are awesome! Cause they have movez!

Wait wait wait. You are a big Reigns booster. That guy can't even cut a ** promo.

Sure, but if the choice is between a good worker who has a terrible look and is who is mediocre on promos or a good worker who has a great look who is mediocre on promos, give me the latter every day.

Brinbe

Well no actually cause i was pissed cause Owens was bad since august. It's his first really good match since he's been a champ. I was thinking "ha ok they'll let him shine a little before he loses the belt" but then he kept it.

I know people think it's still the same and he was booked as a cheap heel but clearly that match will be remembered somewhat in his wwe run, contrary to anything he did since last august.

Nope. Watch his match against Rollins on the Raw after Survivor Series. Absolutely fantastic work.

Toki767

god damn. that Wrestlemania rumored card looks like a stomach flu classic.

you're gonna need 4 to 5 hours of bathroom breaks to watch that one.

owens vs jericho and shaq vs big show might be good though. well the shaq one will be terrible but likely funny too.

Well Mania will probably be like 8 hours long. So.

Eanan

I don't know why I'm laughing so hard at this but have Goldberg give everyone a jackhammer

Shaq vs big show? What the fuck , water you doing WWE

The "SOCIAL MEDIA WWE UNIVERSE" was leading me to believe Big Show was ripped and we'd all be super excited for him against shaq.

He still looked like a blob that can barely move on tonight's viewing. I spose it'll be a laugh though

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Feel like I'm in bizarro land. Go watch most old rumbles, they're not great. The matches are generally underwhelming because the entire concept is designed to be. This wasn't top 5 or anything but the match itself was in the top half. Ending really did suck though.

Rumble 92 when Ric Flair won was amazing.

No, it's 50/50.

Yes, the booking sucks, but it's also a roster full of guys who spent a decade how to have ***** matches, but never learned how to do ***** promos. The truth is, when Goldberg can come back and be the best babyface in the company on the mic in five minutes, it's not all Evil Vince.

You know who's not great on promos? Sasha and Charlotte. You know who got the women's division from being a bathroom break nothing segment to the main event? Sasha and Charlotte.

It's not because they suddenly became great promos. It's because the company started treating them like stars. Not just average women, but the best of all time in their field.

Every time we see a guy rise through the male ranks, they are compared to Austin and Rock and Hogan and Cena. And we constantly get those old guys coming back so WWE can show us that the past will always be better than the present and the future. The Attitude Era is constantly touted by WWE as the best era ever and nothing can compare to it.

With the women, WWE treats the stars we have now as the biggest stars ever in that division and constantly tell us that women's wrestling is bigger and better now than ever before. Think back on how many times over the past year we've heard that Charlotte is better than any woman before her, and then try to think of the same thing happening when any guy is compared to a guy like Hogan or Austin. And so it's no coincidence that the women consistently feel like one of the biggest parts of the show and have risen up to get way more over than they've ever been.

Guys who are average promos at best were getting over long before now and will get over well into the future. It's about booking and promotion. Bottom line. Always has been, always will be.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Rumble 92 when Ric Flair won was amazing.

Yeah there are a few that are the king of the crop but most of them aren't great. This rumble was really missing out on big surprises, its such a key component of a good rumble they just missed out on. Not having some big NXT stars was a mistake.

You have no clue why people hate Roman.

I know why people hate him. Its stupid. The guy is fine.

Sephzilla

I also don't buy Bray vs Orton happening. Do you honestly think Vince is only going to give Cena a 2 week long title reign when he could have Cena going into Mania a champ?

Eanan

I can't believe people are still hating on Roman in 2017. Dude had a great night. And he didn't even win and people are still unhappy.

I dont think the hate is directly at roman. Its through him, at Vince for pushing roman still to the milky way. hes a good worker. no charisma though.

ReiGun

But that's my point. Owens has had some good matches since becoming UC, including tonight. But all anyone will remember is how poorly booked he's been. Especially if he moves back down the card.

Hence, "Owens died for nothing."

Because he took away Bryan's main event which he earned by being a broken down shell and because he didn't wrestle in front of 500 neckbeards for a decade first! How dare he!

So since you're not a gimmick, you're just an asshole with stupid shit to say at every predictable turn.

Sephzilla

I dont think the hate is directly at roman. Its through him, at Vince for pushing roman still to the milky way. hes a good worker. no charisma though.
Roman actually has a ton of charisma. It just doesn't come through because of how his character is written

It is a bit of both.

Everyone was wondering who number 30 would be after everyone known was already out.

It was the person they hate and dont care about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom