• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Royal Rumble '17 |OT| Follow The Buzzers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menome

I've set up a Discord channel for GAF text-chat.

Quote this post to find the link. Feel free to invite friends in.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
going with the easiest predictions

AJ retains when Samoa Joe fucks Cena up. Dont get excited marks, AJ will drop it at EC in 2 weeks.
Nia Jax over Sasha to piss me off
Cesaro and Shaemus retain over the lolclub
I dont care about the ladies tag match sorry
Neville wins the CW title to hopefully give it some legitimacy
Charlotte retains because its Charlotte
Roman wins because theres no Raw ppv for KO to drop it before Mania
a part-timer wins the royal rumble

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
btw Follow the Buzzers is an amazing OT title, except Bray isnt rumoured to win it so it makes me sad.

give me an airport update

kZRBfgf.gif

628291518.jpg

Damn.. I haven't been following NXT, Raw, Smackdown, and 205 live for awhile. I've reduced myself to just watching PPV.

Last night's Takeover didn't have any impact on me because I didn't follow any of the story lines.

What should I know going into the Royal Rumble tonight?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
They're really doubling down on this 30th anniversary thing. How is the WWE so bad at math? What are they going to do next year when it's actually the 30th Royal Rumble, or the year after that when it's actually the 30th anniversary of the Royal Rumble?

Tom Nook

They're really doubling down on this 30th anniversary thing. How is the WWE so bad at math? What are they going to do next year when it's actually the 30th Royal Rumble, or the year after that when it's actually the 30th anniversary of the Royal Rumble?

Bad, they called Wrestlemania 25 the "25TH ANNIVERSARY". LOL.

Lothar

Banned
Reminder that there's a free month for WWE Network, and WWE is letting you see the Rumble for free.

Just signed up for my free month. I'll cancel afterwards if the person rumored to win wins.

AJ vs Cena - AJ isn't losing before Mania
Nia Jax vs Sasha - Nia Jax
C&S vs The Club - C&S
Reigns vs KO - Roman
Charlotte vs Bayley - Bayley
Women's tag match - don't care, but I'll take Becky's team
Neville vs Rich Swann - Neville
Royal Rumble winner - either Zayn or Balor

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Bad, they called Wrestlemania 25 the "25TH ANNIVERSARY". LOL.

Within the SAME VIDEO PACKAGE they acknowledged that the first Rumble was in 1988 and then called this the 30th anniversary.

giphy.gif

Damn.. I haven't been following NXT, Raw, Smackdown, and 205 live for awhile. I've reduced myself to just watching PPV.

Last night's Takeover didn't have any impact on me because I didn't follow any of the story lines.

What should I know going into the Royal Rumble tonight?
That diva storyline is the worst storyline of 2017 featuring the Worst wrestler of 2017 Bayley

Syder

My Predictions:

Pre-Show:
WWE Raw Tag Team Championship
Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson v Cesaro & Sheamus (c)
No way the belts change hands on the pre-show. Also, the Club haven't been built up at all yet.

Nia Jax v Sasha Banks
Sasha's PPV losses to continue.

Becky Lynch, Nikki Bella & Naomi v Alexa Bliss, Mickie James & Natalya
Heels win, duh.​

Main Card:
WWE Cruiserweight Championship
Neville v Rich Shawnn (c)
Neville's time is now.

WWE Raw Women's Championship
Bayley v Charlotte (c)
If they're smart, Charlotte v Bayley will stalemate until Mania. (If they're as stupid as they have been with Charlotte/Sasha then the belt will go to Bayley and then back to Charlotte at FastLame or something.)

WWE Championship
John Cena v AJ Styles (c)
Cena is getting his 16th title.

WWE Universal Championship
Roman Reigns v Kevin Owens (c)
Either Jericho drops a weapon for KO and Reigns gets it or Jericho gets out of the cage and helps Owens retain. I think the former is most likely to happen. Get the boos for Roman out of the way nice and early.

The Royal Rumble Match
For some reason, I've just got a feeling for...
"Un-der-tak-er!"

This is the 30th Rumble. But not the 30th year. Same reason 1994/2004/2014 were Mania X, XX and XXX despite the first Mania being in 1985.

Anniversary is the wrong word but the 30th os correct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom