• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Royal Rumble '17 |OT| Follow The Buzzers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzky, etc. didn't act like he's going to lose.

In kayfabe, John Cena is the best. He doesn't expect to lose. And he doesn't. Becuase he's John Cena. And his opponents aren't.

Wayne Gretzky shows respect to say the Islanders, who are coming off an amazing run of cup victories, before going into the finals.

He doesn't call them some team from Long Island.

Wayne Gretzky doesn’t take the regular season off and then come back only in the Stanley Cup finals.

Those guys don't call the other teams garbage because all it means is that they are beating garbage.

I wish they would save the rematch for WM. But they won't.

That was better than Omega and Okada to me.

You trippin. The last 15 minutes of Okada/Omega are a masterclass in match build and storytelling (with Omega unable to hit what the crowd knew would've actually ended the match). Cena/Styles was cool, but they were just dropping bombs and kicking out after the submission struggle.

Pikma

Banned
Wayne Gretzky shows respect to say the Islanders, who are coming off an amazing run of cup victories, before going into the finals.

Wayne Gretzky doesn’t take the regular season off and then come back only in the Stanley Cup finals.
Fuck that burying piece of crap

Some of you people are out of your damned minds. Okada and Omega wrapped up a year long story and had some of the best in-ring psychology in wrestling history. AJ/Cena 2 was a nonstop spot fest capped off by about a dozen finishers kicked out of by each guy.

To each their own I guess.

I didn't like that it took so long to get good, and I absolutely hated that Omega never got to pull off the One Winged Angel. But once it got good, it stayed great until the end.

For those wondering how their number has done in the past

1. Shawn Michaels (1995), ***** ****** (2004)
2. Vince McMahon (1999), Rey Mysterio (2006)
3. Ric Flair (1992)
5. Stone Cold Steve Austin (1997)
8. Randy Orton (2009)
13. Jim Duggan (1988)
18. Shawn Michaels (1996)
19. THE BIG DAWG (2015)
22!!! Triple H (2002), Sheamus (2012)
29. John Cena (2013)
23. Lex Luger (1994)
24. Hulk Hogan (1991), Stone Cold Steve Austin (1998), The Rock (2000)
25. Hulk Hogan (1990)
27. Big John Studd (1989), Yokozuna (1993), Bret Hart (1994), Stone Cold Steve Austin (2001)
28. Batista (2005), Drax The Destroyer (2014)
29. Brock Lesnar (2003), Edge (2010)
30. Mean Mark Callous (2007), John Cena (2008), Triple H (2016)
38. El Patrón (2011)

You trippin. The last 15 minutes of Okada/Omega are a masterclass in match build and storytelling (with Omega unable to hit what the crowd knew would've actually ended the match). Cena/Styles was cool, but they were just dropping bombs and kicking out after the submission struggle.

Yeah this. That match was fun but it was a spotfest with typical spotfest pacing.

Omega vs Okada was on another level.

Here's the rumble lottery line up.

We had a total of 34 entrants into the 2017 WrassleGaf Royal Ramble Lethal Lottery. I used a random number generator to pick a number between 1 and 30 for each of the first group of 30. I made sure there was no overlap. I then went and did a random number between 1 and 30 for each of the overflow participants. Some numbers are assigned to two people...that's just how it goes.

I've found in the past this can add extra enjoyment to the Rumble as you find yourself rooting for someone you never thought you would before.

Root for whoever comes out at your number to win and enjoy the Rumble!

2017 WrassleGaf Royal Ramble Lethal Lottery Entrants:

1. newdayrocks
2. Brian_FETO
3. FlammableD
4. Serpentine
5. Tall4Life
6. PartTimeWarrior
7. Tom Nook
8. Biggest-Geek-Ever
9. BewareTheBatsie
10. Linkified
11. Browny
12. ANuclearError
13. sf2fanatic
14. Pikma
15. esmith08734
16. Angry Grimace
17. Ithil
18. deli2000
19. Caderfix
20. funkystudent
21. RBH
22. HazySaiyan
23. UberTag
24. Sir_Crocodile
25. Kaladin
26. Ryo Hazuki
27. Menome
28. OwensIsNow
29. korly
30. Zach

Overflow Picks:

8. Bronx-Man
13. joker3782
25. Lemmy Caution
29. Bluekaveli

Ithil

Did WWE just use "anniversary" correctly?

bakaaarbsxy.gif

Those guys don't call the other teams garbage because all it means is that they are beating garbage.

Exactly. And people wonder why new talent and guys from other promotions never get truly over despite being so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom