• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Summerslam 2016 |OT| The Flo Rida Concert Is Canceled

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see them holding off on Goldberg until Raw so that gets the most eyeballs but... they really set up Shane/Lesnar there, which fuuuuuuck me no one ever asked for or wants to see after that HIAC match with Taker.

Cagey

Banned
Have you guys never seen what happens when the tip of the elbow cuts down against someone's forehead? It's like basic muay thai.

Exactly. That's the easiest way you see guys busted open in the UFC. That was 100% intentional on Brock and Randy's part. You can tell Brock measured the elbow.

And Lesnar's done it once before to Cena in 2012.

20120429_LARGE_ER_cena_brock3_L_crop_north.jpg

It's a brilliant gimmick.

Tall4Life

Shane would not have come out if that wasn't the way things were supposed to end. That was 100% a work, even the blood. They want another excuse to get Brock off TV for 6 months.

Vince also came out during Royal Rumble 2005 when Batista and Cena fell out of the ring together, and that certainly wasn't planned. You don't know what they actually do on the fly

Ithil

I loved every fucking minute of that, especially the finish. RKO going limp from one of the elbows was a great touch, and I respect him so much for always being willing to put his body on the line to tell a story. Just an unbelievable match. The thing you guys have to understand is that's what a real fight looks like.
Yes dream, a real fight looks like a guy doing German suplexes seven times.

1243418448_dwayne-theh0sp2.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I actually thiught it was the elbow that opened Randy up, it looked legit /shrug

UberTag

Sure, but the PPV as a whole was bad.

Especially for a PPV that's supposed to be the 2nd biggest of the year.
Wrestlemania has been pretty much shit the past few years, too.
I don't know what you were expecting exactly. I got what I wanted out of this.
Went into this weekend expecting to see two good matches between this and NXT... and I got three. Thank you Revival!

AJ vs Cena was alright but it suffered in the same way that all John's matches have over the last couple of years (there are only big moves and hardly any psychology/story) and the woman's match was pretty decent but the rest of the show sucked and it was 4 hours long. I'm also a little worried Cena will pull his usual shit when he's back and only put AJ over tonight because he's having some time off.

Despite being one of the worst main events that I've ever seen I liked the finish of Brock/Orton.

Vince also came out during Royal Rumble 2005 when Batista and Cena fell out of the ring together, and that certainly wasn't planned. You don't know what they actually do on the fly

So what is it then? Do people think that Brock went off script and kicked Randy's ass for real? Do you think Vince and co. didn't know he was going to bust Randy open? Do you guys think this wasn't the planned finish? Brock is a company guy he'll do whatever they tell him to do as long as the check clears I don't think he cares enough to go rogue like that. DOn't get worked, people.

Exodust

Banned
It's an obvious work, guys. The only reason it's that shocking now is because we don't see bloody matches in WWE anymore.

I admit I didn't expect it myself, and definitely was a shit ending, but it was all intentional.

Rudiano

Banned
Shittest ending in some time, last 2 matches were both cancelled quick in a lazy ass decision that took Vince like 2 seconds to think of

Kinda liked the ending, would've preferred if it was more like Owens/Zayn at Takeover, with Bork straight-up destroying him before the ref immediately calls the match, instead of hitting him, stopping, then hitting him again.
kevin-owens-vs-sami-zayn-o.gif

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I liked Sasha/Charlotte, Cena/Styles and Balor/Rollins
Miz/Crews and the tag title match was serviceable. Everything else was garbage tier. Ending the PPV with two essentially no contests, and ending the Lesnar/Orton match the way they did....bad.

I give it a C+

P.S. You'll shoot your eye out.

The Cena-Styles match was awesome but the rest was dull.

Pretty sure Randy was legit KO'd there. Wonder if that was intended, obviously the general structure/idea was planned but looked like it went a bit far.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Aj beating Cena clean saved the show for me, AJ proves yet again he is silky smooth in the ring and one of the greatest wrestlers

Tagyhag

Wrestlemania has been pretty much shit the past few years, too.
I don't know what you were expecting exactly. I got what I wanted out of this.
Went into this weekend expecting to see two good matches between this and NXT... and I got three. Thank you Revival!

I was expecting at least 3 good matches in Summerslam alone looking at the card.

Couldn't even get that T_T

Oh well, at least we have Takeover.

Ithil

I actually thiught it was the elbow that opened Randy up, it looked legit /shrug

It's how Brock opened up Cena (unintentionally) and Taker (intentionally), a stiff shot works as well as a blade in the right hands (fists?). I believe Terry Funk was able to open up people with one punch to the eyebrow too.

Caderfix

The last two fights were awful. One match didn't even happen and the next one ended via TKO... At least DEMON KING vs Rollins was decent and AJ vs Cena was pretty good.

That shot of Orton laying in a pool of blood under his head was how it should've ended, just right there. Would've made it a little more morbid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom