• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Summerslam 2016 |OT| The Flo Rida Concert Is Canceled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I think they got the reaction they wanted, cause that was crazy and yes, real elbows to the forehead WILL bust you open like a xmas present.

Crazy

Syder

2SPQ3mZ.png
I'm not mad I watched though because we got Cena/Styles.

WWE Summerslam 2016 |OT| Flo Rida Got Popped

sora87

The Cena-Styles match was awesome but the rest was dull.

Pretty sure Randy was legit KO'd there. Wonder if that was intended, obviously the general structure/idea was planned but looked like it went a bit far.

I honesty did think he knocked randy out for a minute as he went totally limp, great selling from orton

Owzers

I liked the revival tag match and joe/nakamura on nxt and Sasha/Charlotte and Balor/Rollins tonight, I'm mostly pleased even though summer slam ended on two duds and just felt overly long.

Surprised to see so many people down on the show. Match-by-match I think it delivered.

E&C vs Jericho and Owens: Fine opener. Right team won to continue the feud.

Sasha vs. Charlotte: Great match, albeit sloppy at times. Right person won to keep the feud going.

Miz vs. Crews: As expected, a nothing match. Result really doesn't matter.

Cena vs. AJ: Awesome match. MOTN & MOTYC for sure. Right guy won.

New Day vs. Club: Not great and a dumb finish. One of the only real negatives on the show.

Dolph vs. Ambrose: Fine match that had some fun moments, but the crowd couldn't buy in to Ziggler. Right guy won.

Women's tag: Pretty much a nothing match. Not offensive, just not good either. Nikki winning makes sense for her return and she pinned the right girl.

Balor vs. Rollins: Great match and the fans were into it. Belt is terrible though. You can debate the finish, but I liked that Balor went over. They need stars and the crowd is willing to get behind him, unlike Roman.

Reigns vs. Rusev: Segment was fine, but it's just a disconnect to what Roman is when he's on the mic. Give him a consistent character already.

Lesnar vs. Orton: It was a Brock match. If you like those, you'll like this one. If not, you won't. The finish was both dumb while also working in that he looked dominant for whoever is later going to beat him.

Overall I'd rate the show 7-8/10. I enjoyed a lot of it, Cena/AJ and Balor/Rollins being the real highlights.

You foos are kidding if you don't think Randy and Brock went over exactly what they were going to do start to finish. They're both veterans of this game.

Sasha vs Charlotte was imo did of the night itade no sense for Sasha to lose her first big ppb match.

Wasn't her first big PPV match. She's established and the fans like her a lot. It makes sense for her and Charlotte to trade wins for a bit. Makes them seem like even competitors and keeps the feud going, which gives them more time to build other women (like Nia) for a shot after these two are done.

Ithil

I wish Brock would have a match like he did with Cena in 2012 (without the Cena winninglol part). Now that looked like a real beatdown without getting into the boring suplex spam part.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Seriously, Lesnar vs Orton only had to do one thing. Just one thing. An F5 reversed in to an RKO. That was all I wanted. That was all the match needed and they couldn't even deliver that. Fuck everything.

Limit

That Brock vs. Orton finish would have made more sense if Orton RKOd Brock out of nowhere and pinned him, resulting in Brock going ham on him. Right now it's just a suspension angle and Orton got nothing out of this. Appreciate the unexpected ending nevertheless. Better than a dozen suplexes followed by 4 F5s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom