• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Survivor Series 2016 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

orioto

Good Art™
I would hope WWE would learn the cost of booking some ultimate warrior shit in 2016 but look at how happy many of you are lol..

It's so great, throwing away many years of build for their top guy to sell a fucking videogame to kids. And you're happy as fuck

Which lasted longer this match or CM Punk getting squashed?

I would be legit pissed if I paid money to attend that just to get a 2 minute match. That might be all that Goldberg had to give, but for fuck's sake Vince

Stupid cunts. Stupid cunts. Stupid cunts

Undertaker's steak, murdering Cena, so many squash matches.

All gone in 30 seconds to Goldberg.

Raw64life

Even if the plan was one-sided squash it would've been nice if it lasted a little longer. A few more moves, a spear through a table, something.

Guess they finally decided to punish Brock for the roids bust. Thing is, he probably doesn't even care as long as he's getting paid.

yuraya

I wonder what Lesnar got under the table to lay down like that. Just broken in half

PPV was alright. 8/10

Shane is still the mvp of the night.

I can imagine Goldberg's kid:

"but, d-dad, wrestling is fake! I want to stay and play some CoD!"
"Now, son, dont be like this. You will get to be in the ring!!!"
"Ok, dadddd!!! Whatever you sayyyyyyyyy"

Can't believe they would flush Brocks heat down the toilet like that. I don't mind him losing but this isn't even a best of 3 because he's 0-2. They could have booked Goldberg strong but still lost and had the last match at Wrestlemania where he won.

Fuck this. I'm going back to the Sun/Moon OT.

Goldberg was there to sell a video game, not reignite his wrestling career or have a classic match. That finish makes perfect sense. That main event was all about promotion.

Foggy

What a thoroughly embarrassing ppv. Not sure how WWE manages to keep outdoing themselves. The ineptitude is genuinely remarkable.

Sephzilla

Stupid cunts. Stupid cunts. Stupid cunts

Undertaker's steak, murdering Cena, so many squash matches.

All gone in 30 seconds to Goldberg.
Lesnar losing at this point doesn't matter much anymore because The Streak and Cena only really mattered when Brock was God King WWE Champ

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Once again Vince books his young talent to job out to legends.

cordy

Banned
4sPpywe.gif

My eyes are fucked up I can't believe I saw this shit

Fox318

that was random but I dont even care

and this honestly does nothing to brocks character. if he comes back all he has to do is squash a few cruiserweights and look mean

Brock will always have the heat that inn a real fight nobody there could stop him.

Unless fucking Cain Velasquez or Josh Barnett are in the building nobody in any arena could stop him.

D

Deleted member 18827

Unconfirmed Member
Wtf do they do with Bork now??? The Monster aura just got totally shat on. Punk'd out like he is Ellsworth level lol

hbkdx12

Wow what a shit ending. I mean i completely understand goldberg winning but not like that. Huge let down and they still had a half hr left. So bad

Imagine the conversation they had with Brock about this.

Vince: We want Goldberg to beat you in under 2 minutes.
Brock: I'm still getting paid the same amount right?
Vince: Yes...
Brock: Less work for me. Let's do this.

I've been saying it for years. Brock has to be the most envied dude on the roster.

Huge draw
Only works part time if you can even call once every handful of months part time.
More often than not he's just absolutely wrecking people when he does show up
and he doesn't even have to talk most of the time.

You really can't beat that.

RBH

That was entertaining in the absolute worst, most-shortsighted way possible.

For years WWE has started to prioritize the short-term pop over the long-term payoff and holy shit has it never been worse or more evident than with that booking right there.

You spent years building Brock up. He squashed Cena. He squashed Seth. He basically squashed Roman. He beat the Undertaker multiple times including breaking the streak. He squashed so many guys along the way. And every time he did it, it was all claimed to be in service of "oh well the guy who beats him will instantly become a star". And it all happened. All for the payoff and gain of what? 50 year old Goldberg getting a feel-good moment? Fuck that.

kirblar

That was entertaining in the absolute worst, most-shortsighted way possible.

For years WWE has started to prioritize the short-term pop over the long-term payoff and holy shit has it never been worse or more evident than with that booking right there.

You spent years building Brock up. He squashed Cena. He squashed Seth. He basically squashed Roman. He beat the Undertaker multiple times including breaking the streak. He squashed so many guys along the way. And every time he did it, it was all claimed to be in service of "oh well the guy who beats him will instantly become a star". And it all happened. All for the payoff and gain of what? 50 year old Goldberg getting a feel-good moment? Fuck that.
They're kind of out of opponents for Brock at this point.

ElRenoRaven

What a thoroughly embarrassing ppv. Not sure how WWE manages to keep outdoing themselves. The ineptitude is genuinely remarkable.

Yea. I mean as a Goldberg fan it was fun seeing the Goldberg of old but as a WWE fan that was beyond stupid. They shit away the streak and Brock being a monster on a guy that was doing a 1 off match to promote a videogame. The entire ppv was pretty shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom