• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Survivor Series 2016 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojan X

Banned
Baring nxt, this ppv was the BEST ppv wwe dished out all year. No, the best they dish for a very long time. Tons of fun, it was solid. I thorughly enjoyed it.

jred2k

I think people are genuinely shocked by a result so infrequently that when something surprising does happen, they don't know how to react. As someone who was there, it was pretty fun to see the surprise on everyone's face when the three count hit.

v0yce

And we got to give Brock some props. He sold the FUCK out of those spears. Better than ive seen people sell finishing moves before.

That's because Brock is the best in the biz.

Seriously if he cared at all he could have been the best Pro Wrestler of all time. He sells as good as anyone. Offense is great. Good look. And those sit down promos he does now are terrifying. So good. The only negative I can think of is the F5 looks weak.

As is, even not caring one bit, he's way up the list of all time greats to me.

NastyBook

Hahahaha. So yeah, last night happened. :D

It's also time for Cesaro vs Lesnar. Just run it as the locker room smelling blood in the water after the Beast was conquered/victimized.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

It's also time for Cesaro vs Lesnar. Just run it as the locker room smelling blood in the water after the Beast was conquered/victimized.
Yes. And have Lesnar kill Cesaro while he's doing his entrance and struggling to get his shirt off again.

Carl2291

I just want to say it's fucking brilliant to finally see someone who can hit a spear after watching Reigns hug people for the last 3 years.

Goldberg the GOAT.

Podge293

Dunno if it's been mentioned (haven't read a lot of posts sorry!) but stories making the rounds now are that brock wanted the squash.

Mainly cuz he sees dollar bills from it. Goldberg squashes, he demands another go. They'll get at least 3 more matches out of it. Make dollars all the way.

Of course. I was just hoping for something more. You know, F5 kickout, spear kickout, a proper back and fourth battle of power. WWE have been building up Brock to be nearly unstoppable in the past 6 months and then he gets beat with no effort from Bill ? WWE story telling is very poor as of late in this regard.

Sure it was good for a cheap crowd pop but really this could have been something much, much better.

I'm pretty glad that for once in a WWE main event in about 15 years, there wasn't a kickout from a finisher.

The kickout from a finisher used to be something saved for the once a year matchup, or once in a life time push. But for almost every WWE main event and even a lot of undercard matches over the last 10 years, there's at least one finisher kickout. Nice to see one actually be a "finisher."

Dunno if it's been mentioned (haven't read a lot of posts sorry!) but stories making the rounds now are that brock wanted the squash.

Mainly cuz he sees dollar bills from it. Goldberg squashes, he demands another go. They'll get at least 3 more matches out of it. Make dollars all the way.
Brock is a business,man.

Sephzilla

Pretty much the only thing more enjoyable than Brock getting fucked up in 1 minute by Goldberg would be HHH getting fucked up in 1 minute by Goldberg

I think Roman getting fucked up in 1 minute by Goldberg would be even sweeter. With HHH we at least saw Daniel Bryan beat him clean as fuck

Hilarious ending aside it was a pretty enjoyable PPV. At least to watch on the background like I did.

Smackdown advanced a bunch of storylines and the new Wyatt Family had a good showing. Aj Styles had to be eliminated by three dudes so that was cool.

The ending was hilarious and I hope nobody payed just to see those two wrestle. As far as I'm concerned couldn't care less for Goldberg or Lesnar anyway.

Well RAW's ratings were up after Goldberg's return and considering how hot that crowd was for that match, I'd say a lot of people paid to see him wrestle.

Anth0ny

It was a great finish, and a hell of a lot more people are talking about it than if it were an 8 minute Brock F5 pin or Brock destroys Orton color fest.

btw, was it legit "Goldberg" chants or was that piped in at the end? You can tell Goldberg was hyped about the reception he was getting when he yelled "I'M BACK" and stood there and soaked it in.

The tv didn't do justice to how loud the chants were. Nothing was piped in.

GeeTeeCee

I just watched it today, and as a Geordie, it's a little disappointing that the only sighting of Neville was as an action figure in a Mattel advert.

Either push him or release him at this point. Just do something.

hbkdx12

Of course. I was just hoping for something more. You know, F5 kickout, spear kickout, a proper back and fourth battle of power. WWE have been building up Brock to be nearly unstoppable in the past 6 months and then he gets beat with no effort from Bill ? WWE story telling is very poor as of late in this regard.

Sure it was good for a cheap crowd pop but really this could have been something much, much better.

This is the same boat im in. I have zero problem with Goldberg taking the W. He was clearly over in the lead up to all of this. I have no problem with them dragging out this feud . My problem is that it's hard to look at this and not think that the match was less than a minute and a half as a means to facilitate the idea that Goldberg doesn't have the conditioning to put on a 10-15 minute match trading bumps and shit and had they tweaked a couple of things in that minute an a half it could have come across a little bit better.

For starters, they should have had brock openly underestimate Goldberg. When brock got pushed to the ground he sold it as complete and utter shock. He even glanced over at Heyman like "Oh shit did you see that?" then before he got up he started laughing it off as if to say "Ok i see you got a little something left" and then got speared. The complete shock part should have been eliminated. It would have been dope had Brock tried to belittle Goldberg with a laugh similar to that of stupid laugh him and taker had when they popped up off the mat.

Code:
[IMG]https://media.giphy.com/media/9AM0H2QnB2GB2/giphy.gif[/IMG]

It'd also be a great way to set up RAW and the idea of an ongoing feud because Heyman can come out and basically spin it that Goldberg exceeded their expectations because they didn't take him seriously to begin with.

Secondly, i don't think there should have been 2 spears. Yes, i know he's the best in the business at doing it and it creates a huge pop but for the purpose of the match it seemed silly to think that Brock would walk into 2 spears back to back and then walk into a jackhammer. Goldberg could have speared him, have brock sell it the way he sold that second spear because after all he'd be underestimating Goldberg to begin with, have goldberg work the crowd in the meantime and then give him the jackhammer to win the match and if anything have Goldberg work the crowd after the pop and have heyman come in the ring to tend to brock and then give goldberg a reason to have the corner set up for the second spear.

DJChuy

Paul Heyman should come out and say Goldberg refused to follow the script to set up the 3rd match as a "shoot" match.

Btw, Orton bleeded for this.

Wrestling is fake. That's a good thing.

The result of last night is a fun debate, but you're talking about pro wrestling like you know anything about how it's "supposed" to be in this scenario. "Put it off until Goldberg was fitter" like you know the reason, get out of here with that smark mess.

To be fair one of the prevailing thoughts is that Goldberg fucked up his shoulder on Monday and wasn't actually able to do a full match

FANTASY BOOKING INCOMING

Lesnar vs. Goldberg 2 is harder fought, but Goldie gets the win. Maybe do another and have him go over again.

Then at Mania, SummerSlam, whatever, the now mythical god-king Goldberg issues a challenge to anybody. Raw and Smackdown do their own tournaments to determine who is chosen as challenger, who face off to decide who gets the honour of taking on Bill.

This could be to build Cesaro, or anyone else in the mid card really, right up to the main event. And still have Lesnar wrecking fools every now and then so he can still be a monster for somebody.

Goldberg has never had a good match. He's one of the biggest stars ever because his gimmick is what he did last night.

I thought that moment was super entertaining and the best case scenario for that match, but I understand disagreement as long as we keep those discussions grounded to reality instead of basing them off "backstage" assumptions.

That's so incorrect: DDP vs Goldberg at Halloween Havoc 1998 is great... Like it is a genuinely great match, not just great for a Goldberg match.

Easily the best match of Goldberg's career

Calling Survivor Series the best WWE PPV of 2016 isn't much of a stretch since most of WWE's PPVs this year have been bad

Backlash and Clash of Champions were both entertaining PPVs and that was two months ago.

You're not wrong but my point was just to say SS wasn't even the best in the past 2 months.

I did.

Bill's older now, it made sense to give Brock the DCDubya treatment haha. Was awesome.

I never thought for one second he could go 20 plus minutes with Brock and not get injured.

You're going to really claim you expected that not only would Brock lose but get squashed while doing so

Riiiiiiight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom