• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Survivor Series 2016 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valentus

Please Meltzer or Alvarez tell us what the fuck happened here... There's no way that the original plans of this fight should be that one.

Kimawolf

Lesnar is still employed... Goldberg isn't.

Lesnar is basically worthless as an attraction now.

Nah. Lesnar is still the BEAST. they will just work it as saying Goldberg is just a invincible destroyer not even the Beast, who can destroy everyone could beat. And it'll hang over his head again knowing at any moment, Goldberg could come back..

Kind of like how they did Sting and Hogan for awhile in WCW. with Hogan being paranoid.

Sephzilla

Guys, seriously. Brock losing doesn't matter that much anymore. The Streak and the Cena squash lost their relevance to Brock a while ago simply because they never did anything with Lesnar for so long after losing the title.

Lesnar getting crushed by Goldberg is basically the best outcome at this point.

orioto

Good Art™
IN A SQUASH MATCH!?

TO THE GUY THEY'RE PAYING $5 MILLION A YEAR TO!?

The thing is wrestling is a reverse world.

The truth here is.. Goldberg couldn't take ONE suplex from Lesnar without being injured, nor wrestle more than 2 minutes.

So that was the only match they could book.

Seems obvious this was the only way Goldberg agreed to do the match. Booking makes zero sense but still not something Vince would pass on.

This is what it seems like to me. Goldberg probably had zero interest in having another real match, especially not against a dude as stiff as Brock.

ScribbleD

In a vacuum Lesnar getting squashed like that is fine and a really nice emotional short-term gratification, but it kind of tarnishes Lesnar eventually giving the rub to a young rising star. They built him up like no monster before only to put over someone who doesn't really benefit from the win. Would have at least liked to see an actual competitive match.

I can't spin it any other way other than Goldberg still has IT.

I'm too shook by that finish but my gut feeling is more positive than negative right now. Dude was the spotlight that entire build and made everyone on the main roster look like a damn fool just how over he was than everyone else, member berries with or without.

Goldberg loses to Taker at Mania though.

Lesnar fucks off to some forest in Canada me thinks.

Fox318

Please Meltzer or Alvarez tell us what the fuck happened here... There's no way that the original plans of this fight should be that one.

7XvPYwH.png

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I would hope WWE would learn the cost of booking some ultimate warrior shit in 2016 but look at how happy many of you are lol..

It's so great, throwing away many years of build for their top guy to sell a fucking videogame to kids. And you're happy as fuck

Brock hasn't been in the title picture for almost a year, him jobbing to Goldberg means absolutely nothing to the main roster.

That was entertaining in the absolute worst, most-shortsighted way possible.

For years WWE has started to prioritize the short-term pop over the long-term payoff and holy shit has it never been worse or more evident than with that booking right there.

You spent years building Brock up. He squashed Cena. He squashed Seth. He basically squashed Roman. He beat the Undertaker multiple times including breaking the streak. He squashed so many guys along the way. And every time he did it, it was all claimed to be in service of "oh well the guy who beats him will instantly become a star". And it all happened. All for the payoff and gain of what? 50 year old Goldberg getting a feel-good moment? Fuck that.

I mean even in the match he lost to Taker ot was tomfuckery.

Lesnar got Taker... Undertaker to tap but ref doesn’t see it so Lesnar passes out in a Hell's Gate just after flipping Taker off...

Like they protected him that much only to do this?!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I can't spin it any other way other than Goldberg still has IT.

I'm too shook by that finish but my gut feeling is more positive than negative right now. Dude was the spotlight that entire build and made everyone on the main roster look like a damn fool just how over he was than everyone was, member berries with or without.

Yep. Guy was over huge back in the day and still has it.

That was entertaining in the absolute worst, most-shortsighted way possible.

For years WWE has started to prioritize the short-term pop over the long-term payoff and holy shit has it never been worse or more evident than with that booking right there.

You spent years building Brock up. He squashed Cena. He squashed Seth. He basically squashed Roman. He beat the Undertaker multiple times including breaking the streak. He squashed so many guys along the way. And every time he did it, it was all claimed to be in service of "oh well the guy who beats him will instantly become a star". And it all happened. All for the payoff and gain of what? 50 year old Goldberg getting a feel-good moment? Fuck that.
If they're smart (big fuckin' if), they can use this to give Brock some actual character development.

BFIB

In a vacuum Lesnar getting squashed like that is fine and a really nice emotional short-term gratification, but it kind of tarnishes Lesnar eventually giving the rub to a young rising star. They built him up like no monster before only to put over someone who doesn't really benefit from the win. Would have at least liked to see an actual competitive match.
Match 2 at RR, Brock squash on Goldberg, grudge match at WM.

Kai

I think this was Brock's make good for the steroid use and getting caught. Summer slam was too close to do it and he gave Vince a job.

Karsha

This doesn't make Lesnar look bad because:
1- He lost to a guy that has never lost "clean" in his life (if i recall correctly)
2- Was caught by surprise because he left his guard down thinking Goldberg was down. He was smiling until he got hit by that spear..
3- Age doesn't matter in WWE, mark wise Goldberg is still one of the most dominating superstars, like Hogan etc.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
In a way it made sense to do this. With the final match starting half an hour before the supposed end, nobody saw this two minute squash coming and it was even more surprising.

kirblar

This doesn't make Lesnar look bad because:
1- He lost to a guy that has never lost "clean" in his life (if i recall correctly)
2- Was caught by surprise because he left his guard down thinking Goldberg was down. He was smiling until he got hit by that spear..
3- Age doesn't matter in WWE, mark wise Goldberg is still one of the most dominating superstars, like Hogan etc.
Age really doesn't matter when you've got TRT.

KingBroly

Banned
The thing is wrestling is a reverse world.

The truth here is.. Goldberg couldn't take ONE suplex from Lesnar without being injured, nor wrestle more than 2 minutes.

So that was the only match they could book.

They could've put Goldberg in the Kamura

bill0527

Goldberg told you he had one badass spear and one badass jackhammer left in him. He gave you the booking of the entire match weeks ago and now you're pissed at him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom