• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Survivor Series 2016 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's be real

This wasn't wrestlemania , why waste Goldberg bumps X potential injury for shitty survivor series

Lots of people only watch wrestlemania for the entire year so they should do a real GODBERG vs Bork match with an over the top entrance and have sting stop HHH because he doesn't want wcw to get another W during the match

Then Goldberg does a jackhammer of Bork holding HHH

Minds will be blown

Let's be real

This wasn't wrestlemania , why waste Goldberg bumps X potential injury for shitty survivor series

Lots of people only watch wrestlemania for the entire year so they should do a real GODBERG vs Bork match with an over the top entrance and have sting stop HHH because he doesn't want wcw to get another W during the match

Then Goldberg does a jackhammer of Bork holding HHH

Minds will be blown
I think you mean HHH kills WCW at Mania by defeating Goldberg.

espher

Apparently I'm a bit of an outlier, going by the responses in this thread, but I really enjoyed the whole PPV. The whole thing. I liked the spotfest matches, I liked the stakes matches (bar the cruiserweight match, which just... that division isn't working), and I enjoyed the squash that surprised everybody at the end.

What didn't I like? I didn't like how much worse Ambrose gets week by week. He's sloppier, lazier. That awful ropes spot he insists on doing just looks worse and worse. Terrible, he is.

I didn't realize it started at 7 EST so I missed the Women's match and the IC match, but I loved the rest of the show (I liked the Cruiserweight match but the booking killed that division the second it debuted).

Was the consensus among my group as well. Overbooked in spots (the men's match in particular) but wildly entertaining in spite of (or perhaps because of) it.

Apparently I'm a bit of an outlier, going by the responses in this thread, but I really enjoyed the whole PPV. The whole thing. I liked the spotfest matches, I liked the stakes matches (bar the cruiserweight match, which just... that division isn't working), and I enjoyed the squash that surprised everybody at the end.

What didn't I like? I didn't like how much worse Ambrose gets week by week. He's sloppier, lazier. That awful ropes spot he insists on doing just looks worse and worse. Terrible, he is.

Agree with all of the above, especially Ambrose. It really sucks because I used to be a big fan of his a couple of years ago when he was feuding with Seth. At the moment he doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the Smackdown main event, let Bray have that spot.

bill0527

Given it some thought and I think I know why I'm not so bothered by Lensner getting squashed.

I think it's because I'm over Brock Lesner. He's had a terrible year professionally and I don't really give a shit about him anymore. His shitty, lazy match at mania, finding out that he basically didn't want to put anything into that match with Ambrose, his tainted UFC victory, and his lackluster performances the rest of the year, it's pretty clear Brock is just cashing checks at this point so if he doesn't really give a shit, then why should I?

Maybe Vince sees it this way also and has decided to find himself a new special attraction in Goldberg.

Given it some thought and I think I know why I'm not so bothered by Lensner getting squashed.

I think it's because I'm over Brock Lesner. He's had a terrible year professionally and I don't really give a shit about him anymore. His shitty, lazy match at mania, finding out that he basically didn't want to put anything into that match with Ambrose, his tainted UFC victory, and his lackluster performances the rest of the year, it's pretty clear Brock is just cashing checks at this point so if he doesn't really give a shit, then why should I?

Maybe Vince sees it this way also and has decided to find himself a new special attraction in Goldberg.

That's basically how I felt going into this. I would have liked to have had the match go longer, I felt a little cheated as someone who paid to attend, but honestly I was hoping for a Goldberg win.

Nobody will be a ass kicking machine like Goldberg. Not lesnar not anyone. I haven't watched wrestling in years but I tuned in to watch the Goldberg match. I was expecting a WM20 type of match. I was very pleased to see this. Thanks wwe for throwing us 90s kids a bone.

Kimawolf

And we got to give Brock some props. He sold the FUCK out of those spears. Better than ive seen people sell finishing moves before.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Had a lot of fun at the show. I didn't feel like down or anything.

I missed most of the first.. half or so of the men's survivor match. Some drunk jackasses accidentally spilled some of their beer on the dudes in front of them, the one dude took major offense to this and was being super belligerent, which caused the others guys to do the same. The guy who had beer spilled on him went and got an usher. As they were arguing/yelling, another dude stood up and said the two guys who spilled beer should be kicked out.

Anyways, I had just as much fun at Survivor Series as I did at NXT. I'd say that Revival vs. DIY match was the best match of the weekend.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Seriously. NO ONE could've expected this and that's what makes this entire thing so incredible. And hilarious of course. I'm laughing extra hard imagining how a friend of mine will react when he gets time to catch up on this. He used to hate Goldberg with a fiery passion back in his WCW domination days.

I despised Goldberg and thought last night was hilarious. It helps that I don't actually watch Raw and also mostly don't care about Brock I guess. It was the only thing they could have done to surprise me, and it was showing me the match that I hate watched a hundred times as a 14 year old.

bill0527

Just want to add also that Goldberg is in the best shape I've ever seen someone who's almost 50.

He's not as jacked up as he was in the 90s but he's still jacked up. Much prefer seeing a guy who can at least still look the part rather than Sting and Undertaker who look like they're about to die out there.

Just want to add also that Goldberg is in the best shape I've ever seen someone who's almost 50.

He's not as jacked up as he was in the 90s but he's still jacked up. Much prefer seeing a guy who can at least still look the part rather than Sting and Undertaker who look like they're about to die out there.
This!
He looks great! He still looks jacked like Brock lesnar.

Anth0ny

Pretty much the only thing more enjoyable than Brock getting fucked up in 1 minute by Goldberg would be HHH getting fucked up in 1 minute by Goldberg

Mahonay

Banned

I was surprised with just how good he looked in his gear. My girlfriend who didn't even know who Goldberg was before this was pretty taken aback by his presence.

3Sixty

Loved the Goldberg Brock match.

Brock was very clearly kayfabe underestimating and not taking him seriously and got caught.

I'm sure they'll use that to build to rematches.

Dazzler

I was extremely sports entertained by this show

Me and my buddy started it an hour late, and skipped over the filler spots, it's the clutch way to watch a WWE PPV

Only bad part is staying offline and off social media while it's on

Edit: Wrong thread.

But after thinking it through, this was more of a messy PPV but not necessarily a bad one. It was all over the place but I entertained a lot and loved the main event.

themadcowtipper

Smells faintly of rancid stilton.
Immediately thought Brock sabotaged the match. I thought he was suppose to kick out after the Jackhammer. Just thought it was a weird match and shocked that Brock jobbed as hard as he did.
quan-tbt-markymark-feat.jpg

Well pretty shit as normal from the WWE. If only Goldberg wasn't injured, maybe we could have had an actual match instead of another cop out. They should have just had Brock F5 him, as it makes no sense for Brock to lose to him, as Goldberg is injured and unlikely to be sticking around anyway.

I don't see why people are so shocked that Brock would job like that. Did you guys not watch him on Austin's podcast? It's clear he does not give a fuck. He'd job to Dana Brook as long as the check cleared.

Well pretty shit as normal from the WWE. If only Goldberg wasn't injured, maybe we could have had an actual match instead of another cop out. They should have just had Brock F5 him, as it makes no sense for Brock to lose to him, as Goldberg is injured and unlikely to be sticking around anyway.
Now I remember why I don't care what other wrestling fans think.

I don't see why people are so shocked that Brock would job like that. Did you guys not watch him on Austin's podcast? It's clear he does not give a fuck. He'd job to Dana Brook as long as the check cleared.
I like you. You get it. People are too worked by Brock. It's a kayfabe legacy, let's just have fun.

Now I remember why I don't care what other wrestling fans think.

Its not even the fact that Brock lost, its the fact it was over in less than 2 minutes, why did they even bother ? It would have been much better to put it off until Goldberg was fitter and at least deliver something worth watching. I'm glad I didn't pay to watch it that's for sure.

Its not even the fact that Brock lost, its the fact it was over in less than 2 minutes, why did they even bother ? It would have been much better to put it off until Goldberg was fitter and at least deliver something worth watching. I'm glad I didn't pay to watch it that's for sure.
Wrestling is fake. That's a good thing.

The result of last night is a fun debate, but you're talking about pro wrestling like you know anything about how it's "supposed" to be in this scenario. "Put it off until Goldberg was fitter" like you know the reason, get out of here with that smark mess.

Sephzilla

Goldberg-Survivor-Series-Win-645x370.jpg

He looked pretty fit to me

Wrestling is fake. That's a good thing.

Well yeah, its scripted but it doesn't mean it can't be entertaining. It could have been a great and entertaining match, but instead both their matches have been total shite to be honest.

He injured his shoulder so, this was probably cut short to make sure he didn't make it worse, Brock is not exactly light handed, even when it comes to scripted wrestling.

Marvel

could never
Lifted Brock up with ease man, childhood memories return lol.

Actually hyped for the rematch, Goldberg will have more time to prep at a slower pace (no wwe 2K promotion on top of everything else he has to do)

Brock's face after the shove was priceless.

kiguel182

Hilarious ending aside it was a pretty enjoyable PPV. At least to watch on the background like I did.

Smackdown advanced a bunch of storylines and the new Wyatt Family had a good showing. Aj Styles had to be eliminated by three dudes so that was cool.

The ending was hilarious and I hope nobody payed just to see those two wrestle. As far as I'm concerned couldn't care less for Goldberg or Lesnar anyway.

Well yeah, its scripted but it doesn't mean it can't be entertaining. It could have been a great and entertaining match, but instead both their matches have been total shite to be honest.
Goldberg has never had a good match. He's one of the biggest stars ever because his gimmick is what he did last night.

I thought that moment was super entertaining and the best case scenario for that match, but I understand disagreement as long as we keep those discussions grounded to reality instead of basing them off "backstage" assumptions.

It was a great finish, and a hell of a lot more people are talking about it than if it were an 8 minute Brock F5 pin or Brock destroys Orton color fest.

btw, was it legit "Goldberg" chants or was that piped in at the end? You can tell Goldberg was hyped about the reception he was getting when he yelled "I'M BACK" and stood there and soaked it in.

Trojan X

Banned
Goldberg-Survivor-Series-Win-645x370.jpg

He looked pretty fit to me

Cardiovascular fitness is not the same as looking physically fit and shredded. Look at seth rollins, that guy can go for a long time, a time length that goldberg can measure. Even roman reigns cardio is awesome and golddust have decent levels. In fact, looks at the breathing and sweat between brock and goldberg, brock seem like he had a slower calmer heart rate in comparison.

It's clear from the very beginning that goldberg got lots of training to do to get him to the monster level he was previously without losing too much muscle. It's going to take time. I hope his body won't give out in thr process.

Sephzilla

Cardiovascular fitness is not the same as looking physically fit and shredded. Look at seth rollins, that guy can go for a long time, a time length that brock nor goldberg can measure. Even roman reigns cardio is awesome and golddust have decent levels.

It's clear from the very beginning that goldberg got lots of training to do to get him to the monster level he was previously without losing too much muscle. It's going to take time. I hope his body won't give out in thr process.

I don't think it will take that long for him to turn around and get some solid cardio going. I mean, look at Batista during his last run. When he came back he was getting gassed in minutes and by the end of that run (which was only a couple of months at most) he was fine

Trojan X

Banned
I don't think it will take that long for him to turn around and get some solid cardio going. I mean, look at Batista during his last run. When he came back he was getting gassed in minutes and by the end of that run (which was only a couple of months at most) he was fine

Of course he would and he is determined, but that is not my point. My point was that just because a person looks great it doesn't mean that the person is really fit. In the wrestling business, your cardio level has to be amazing in order for you to go far. Goldberg knows this well and 12 yrs obviously is a very long time. Guy must be doing some insane training right now for he has no time to celebrate. He has to go all out to catch up to brock and get close to where he left off. Man, im rooting for him for i love goldberg but its going to take time. Not a fee weeks, more like several months and then some.

Goldberg has never had a good match. He's one of the biggest stars ever because his gimmick is what he did last night.

I thought that moment was super entertaining and the best case scenario for that match, but I understand disagreement as long as we keep those discussions grounded to reality instead of basing them off "backstage" assumptions.

Of course. I was just hoping for something more. You know, F5 kickout, spear kickout, a proper back and fourth battle of power. WWE have been building up Brock to be nearly unstoppable in the past 6 months and then he gets beat with no effort from Bill ? WWE story telling is very poor as of late in this regard.

Sure it was good for a cheap crowd pop but really this could have been something much, much better.

Chopper

He injured his shoulder so, this was probably cut short to make sure he didn't make it worse, Brock is not exactly light handed, even when it comes to scripted wrestling.
I would argue that last night's main event was the epitome of entertaining. I was marking the hell out.

I thought the event generally was excellent. I loved the Raw vs Smackdown match in particular. Great fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom