• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Survivor Series 2016 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Golderg vs. Undertaker at Wrestlemania. I can almost guarantee it.

BTW, anyone else shocked that Lesnar would job THAT hard? WWE must have payed him big time for that.

no they probably paid him the same amount of money. he doesn't care about his WWE bookings, just pay the man.

in fact it was probably his favorite match of the year. less than 2 minutes for the same amount of money.

no they probably paid him the same amount of money. he doesn't care about his WWE bookings, just pay the man.

in fact it was probably his favorite match of the year. less than 2 minutes for the same amount of money.
well Bork actually does like wrestling and throwing people around, just doesn't care for any of the booking

Oersted

Golderg vs. Undertaker at Wrestlemania. I can almost guarantee it.

BTW, anyone else shocked that Lesnar would job THAT hard? WWE must have payed him big time for that.

I don't think Bork has an issue with putting folks over.

And in retrospect, Oldberg dying in the Go Home Raw show was probably a giveaway. Dude isn't in the shape to eat Borks moves.

Because, friend Net_Wrecker, you can never escape the carny life once it has its clutches in you. Try as they might...they always come back.

I just can't fully get away from it man (; _ ;)

This is worse than a crack habit

Too sweet me, bro
Too sweet me just one more time then I'll stop, I promise.

ReiGun

Predictions

The Brian Kendrick(c) v Kallisto: With "205 Live" happening on Tuesdays following Smackdown, it makes sense to move the Crusierweights over to SD. Granted, it does hurt the belt to move it to Kallisto when Kendrick just go it - especially since he'll probably just get it right back on Tuesday - but eh.

Sami Zayn v The Miz(c): This one feels like a longshot since I can totally see them moving the IC title to Raw since the CW's are going to Smackdown. Even if that would leave the guys on Smackdown who are over 205 lbs with nothing to fight for. Either way, I'm hoping Miz retains and Sami goes to Smackdown to continue the feud.

Raw Women v Smackdown Women: Smackdown's women's division needs the win more, but they have been protecting Raw's women so hard.
Sole Survivor for Raw: Bayley
Sole Survivor for SD: Becky Lynch

Raw Tags v SD Tags: Another case where Smackdown's division needs the win more and I feel like they'll be okay giving them this one. Especially when American Alpha is on Team SD, and they really want those boys to get over.
Sole Survivor for Raw: The New Day
Sole Survivor for SD: American Alpha

Raw Men v SD Men: This is actually the opposite case where I feel like Team Raw needs the win more right now. The main event scene on Raw has been a mess for a while, whereas Smackdown's team all feel like legit stars.
Sole Survivor for Raw: Roman Reigns
Sole Survivor for SD: Dean Ambrose

Goldberg v Brock Lesnar: Brock's gonna get his win back. Yawn.

LOL @ me thinking I could figure out WWE booking/Vince's mind. Only got two wins and two Survivors right.

I just can't fully get away from it man (; _ ;)

This is worse than a crack habit

Too sweet me, bro
Too sweet me just one more time then I'll stop, I promise.

tumblr_n65susfjeM1qhjbxeo2_500.gif

The Survivor Series matches would've been better had there been something at stake. It was Bragging Rights or whatever that PPV was called.

Goldberg vs Brock being what it was, a promo for the video game which I already had a feeling we would see more video game match footage than what we'd see in the actual match, no complaints, Brock's shtick has been getting stale and I hope this leads to him doing something else and the end of the Suplex City shit.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The funny part was the Goldberg squash totally fucking worked.

Goldberg Won?

Sure, ok.

I would rather the brock rub be given to a young guy but in the end we all knew that was going to be wasted.

I am ok with this kind of swerve.

Ending was perfect

the outcrys are better though

Seriously. NO ONE could've expected this and that's what makes this entire thing so incredible. And hilarious of course. I'm laughing extra hard imagining how a friend of mine will react when he gets time to catch up on this. He used to hate Goldberg with a fiery passion back in his WCW domination days.

Dizzy

Banned
I don't even follow wrestling anymore. Not since the early 2000's.

Can't believe Goldberg crushed one of wwe's biggest stars like that. Expected Brock to win.

My inner teenager is marking out for that Goldberg 5 minute win lol

Goldberg/Lesnar was terrific. No one saw that coming (extra points for WWE/Goldberg getting him to talk about how he was worried his body wouldn't be able to keep up in the match).

I fully understand the general sentiment of not liking an aged veteran going over at the expense of younger talent, but:

1. Brock Lesnar is the absolute last person in this company whose image could be seriously hurt by losing.

2. Lesnar works like 2 matches a year, so it's not a case of a one-off veteran going over a hard-working company man.

Most everyone got played by the WWE in a big way, and it was great. Builds up Goldberg huge for him to potentially put someone else over (even if it's Lesnar) and gives Lesnar's character a new dynamic (multiple consecutive losses to the same guy).

pbayne

Catching up atm.
Fuck me but Orton making the Wyatts feels like a real top tier stable right now. Best thing that could have happened for both parties. Sucks that he's heel though. Orton vs Styles would be great instead of *sigh* Ambrose again.

The only thing that bothers me about the Goldberg thing, and this is a FAR reach, is the guy they fed to him was the guy they had break Undertaker's WM streak. That streak should have never been fucking touched.

pbayne

It was a big showdown that didn't overstay its welcome.

Compare that to the Raw v. Smackdown match that would not end.

Shit i actually liked it. Kills my interest in that rumored Shane vs Brock Wrestlemania match tho lol.

Overall on PPV. Better than i expected but average on the whole. Having basically everyone on the roster really highlighted the depth problem (especially in the tag and women's match).

Jacknapes

Was expecting a Goldberg win, got a Goldberg win. Expected it when he said his son has never seen him in a match. But within 2 minutes, that was different. Typical Goldberg squash match, quite surprised Lesnar let it happen.

Foggy

In a company where the the two most over things are a list and a no-chinned jobber, this ending shouldn't have been a surprise. The sad state of this company is breath-taking.

Immediately thought Brock sabotaged the match. I thought he was suppose to kick out after the Jackhammer. Just thought it was a weird match and shocked that Brock jobbed as hard as he did.

I think that may have been one of my least favourite PPVs I can remember. Jesus.

Easily the worst since I started watching again at the most recent Mania. Just garbage top to bottom, basically.

Edit: I'm OK with the BorkBerg match. Nothing could be worse than what immediately preceded it.

Immediately thought Brock sabotaged the match. I thought he was suppose to kick out after the Jackhammer. Just thought it was a weird match and shocked that Brock jobbed as hard as he did.

According to the Meltz, Goldberg was originally on a one-time-only deal and booked to lose, but he's gotten over so well they asked him to do extra dates (defo rumble maybe mania too), and brock was interested in working multiple matches with him too.

When he signed for the extra dates, they decided he was going over, and when they talked about it, they decided the best way to build him up was the same way WCW did in the nineties - a squash.

Apparently I'm a bit of an outlier, going by the responses in this thread, but I really enjoyed the whole PPV. The whole thing. I liked the spotfest matches, I liked the stakes matches (bar the cruiserweight match, which just... that division isn't working), and I enjoyed the squash that surprised everybody at the end.

What didn't I like? I didn't like how much worse Ambrose gets week by week. He's sloppier, lazier. That awful ropes spot he insists on doing just looks worse and worse. Terrible, he is.

Cptkrush

Apparently I'm a bit of an outlier, going by the responses in this thread, but I really enjoyed the whole PPV. The whole thing. I liked the spotfest matches, I liked the stakes matches (bar the cruiserweight match, which just... that division isn't working), and I enjoyed the squash that surprised everybody at the end.

What didn't I like? I didn't like how much worse Ambrose gets week by week. He's sloppier, lazier. That awful ropes spot he insists on doing just looks worse and worse. Terrible, he is.
Ill second all of this. I enjoyed it, and the men's singles 5v5 was awesome.

bill0527

I've had turds that took longer to squeeze out and flush than that match. I want to say that it was a disgrace..but for some unexplainable reason, I kind of enjoyed it.

As someone who was at the PPV I ended up enjoying it quite a bit. I was entertained for most of the matches and none of the finishes really bothered me. Seeing Cesaro and Sheamus get the finish was a lot of fun. I have grown to love that tag team. Seeing Bray get his day to shine was great. It's too bad that Shane's injury took the crowd out of it for a little while. Credit to the men for keeping that match entertaining while obviously having to stretch it for time.

The only match that bored me was the cruiserweight match. How the hell do we have so many rest spots in a cruiserweight match?

Overall I really enjoyed myself. Going back for more tonight. RAW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom