• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise interest thread

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I like the idea of having a community of non-cheesers that I could play pick-up games with. I wonder how in-depth the house rules will be and how they can be enforced/enacted.

Rorschach

DenogginizerOS said:
I like the idea of having a community of non-cheesers that I could play pick-up games with. I wonder how in-depth the house rules will be and how they can be enforced/enacted.
It's just the settings that you find in unranked games, but you set them for everyone across the board. If they want to cheese with exploits, they'll cheese, but the point is not to invite cheesers. :p

Ramirez

DenogginizerOS said:

I wonder if 2000 legit players even exist.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Rorschach said:
It's just the settings that you find in unranked games, but you set them for everyone across the board. If they want to cheese with exploits, they'll cheese, but the point is not to invite cheesers. :p
Well, we can at least have a community of 32-36.

Ramirez said:
I wonder if 2000 legit players even exist.
Good point. Based on my recent random encounters in NCAA, I would say about 5% of the people online playing randoms are non-cheesers.

DMczaf said:
Honestly after dealing with people in NCAA, I don't know if I want sliders.

"I couldn't rush for 200 yards this week, change the sliders!"

"WTF FMT! I got 2 holding calls today. How about you fucking fix the sliders!?"

Lol its funny because its true

Sanjuro

Sliders are one of the most important things about the games. Please lower the "EA Ruined Our Game: I quit, etc. etc." slider to one, or I'm not playing.

McNei1y

goldlion054 said:
Bullshit. How come you get both the Jags and the Vike-queens?

I demand Justice!

Because I go hard.

I'm still not sure why I'm listed as the Jags too buttt I'll use the Jags as my "farm" system. First order of business: Add MJD to my team as trade bait or just run the wildcat all game.

eznark

Banned
I liked the Ultimate Team stuff for NHL, thought it was retarded for Madden since I ended up with shit heads like Alex Smith.

Ramirez

Man, the Ravens cut Heap, Mason, McGahee, and Gregg. Gonna be weird playing against the Ravens and not seeing Derek Mason.

LiveWire

My first act as General Manager of the Washington Redskins will be to re-sign Clinton Portis. If he ends up on another NFL team prior to the start of our season, contact me for trade offers.

bluemax

Banned
Dallas Cowboys: 82
Year after year, the Cowboys are a beast in the "Madden" community. This year, look for more of the same as not only do they feature three running backs with 90+ speed (Felix Jones: 96, DeMarco Murray: 93, Lonyae Miller: 90), but three wide receivers with 90+ speed (Miles Austin: 94, Dez Bryant: 94, Roy Williams: 90). Throw in two huge tight ends who seem to catch everything in the game, and you can see why the team is made for "Madden."

Philadelphia Eagles: 86
EA's love affair with the virtual Michael Vick continues as the quarterback looks to reclaim his spot on top of most dominant virtual athletes in history thanks to his "Madden 12" ratings. 91 speed from the quarterback position is just sick, and when you factor in his scrambles could turn into long bombs to DeSean Jackson (99 speed) or Jeremy Maclin (95 speed), I wouldn't be surprised if the Eagles are the most played team in the game.

New York Giants: 83
Justin Tuck is a "Madden" sack master, and the ratings across the defensive line should make things tough for opposing offenses. Look for gamers using the G-Men to hand the ball to Da'Rel Scott as the halfback's 96 speed, 94 acceleration will make him a "Madden" star no matter what the seventh round pick does in the real NFL.

Washington Redskins: 74
Expect custom playbooks to come into play big time with the Redskins as the team features six wide receivers and two running backs with 90+ speed. I'm intrigued to play with this roster myself just to see what I can come up with to utilize all of these weapons.

Da'Rel Scott is the new LeRon James.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Philadelphia Eagles: 86
EA's love affair with the virtual Michael Vick continues as the quarterback looks to reclaim his spot on top of most dominant virtual athletes in history thanks to his "Madden 12" ratings. 91 speed from the quarterback position is just sick, and when you factor in his scrambles could turn into long bombs to DeSean Jackson (99 speed) or Jeremy Maclin (95 speed), I wouldn't be surprised if the Eagles are the most played team in the game.

tumblr_ln56uyT4DB1qax9gv.gif

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
bluemax said:
Da'Rel Scott is the new LeRon James.
Ugh. I'm jealous of AT getting to use him.

The only time I had luck against Vick was when I drafted like a 92 SPD LB and had him in spy the entire game. He's going to suck to defend this season. Good luck guys.

LiveWire

Wellington said:
Ugh. I'm jealous of AT getting to use him.

The only time I had luck against Vick was when I drafted like a 92 SPD LB and had him in spy the entire game. He's going to suck to defend this season. Good luck guys.

I'm going to set the league record for Roughing the Passer calls if I have to, but Vick is going down.

daw840

storybook77 said:
Hoping the Rams get Santonio Holmes!

Ha! I used to make so many people mad with him on deep in routes from the slot. I think it was in the Madden 10 league where I had the Vikings. 200+ yards receiving a game!!! He would burn every
slot
defender in the league.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
LiveWire said:
I'm going to set the league record for Roughing the Passer calls if I have to, but Vick is going down.

i might just let you play the computer this year when we match up. your not worth my time. and you've proven you cant handle the cpu anyway.

LiveWire

CB3 said:
i might just let you play the computer this year when we match up. your not worth my time. and you've proven you cant handle the cpu anyway.

Well the CPU certainly can't be any douchier, so eh, why not?

Ferny

DenogginizerOS said:
Glad the Jets got Santonio Holmes. Given how much they paid, I would say Braylon isn't coming back.
If Moss also comes to the Jets its going to be even better. Jets are looking pretty good.

bluemax

Banned
Arizona Cardinals: 70
If you have the Cardinals in your "Lowest Rated Team in 'Madden 12'" pool, congratulations, you're the big winner. Playing as Arizona, your best bet is throwing to former cover star Larry Fitzgerald and getting the ball to LaRod Stephens-Howling in space. With 93 speed, Stephens-Howling can make people miss and take it to the house on any play.

San Francisco 49ers: 77
The 49ers just signed Alex Smith to be their starter in real life, but in "Madden 12," the Colin Kaepernick era has already started thanks to the rookie's impressive 85 speed, 81 acceleration, 92 throwing power, and 75 throwing accuracy. Gamers can definitely find ways to win with a quarterback like that.

St. Louis Rams: 78
With fast receivers like Donnie Avery (96 speed) and Laurent Robinson (92 speed) stretching the field, Steven Jackson (94 overall, 87 speed, 90 acceleration) should have plenty of running lanes opening up underneath.

Seattle Seahawks: 76
Marshawn Lynch went into beast mode during the playoffs, and his numbers reflect his effort as the back boasts 96 trucking power. Look for Mike Williams to also make an impact as he's the type of big receiver that has dominated "Madden" throughout the years (and his 95 spectacular catch rating doesn't hurt, either).

FMT and Kaepernick are gonna be annoying as fuck. At least BMW will be massively improved from what I had last year where he was like a 68 or some shit.

St. Louis Rams: 78
With fast receivers like Donnie Avery (96 speed) and Laurent Robinson (92 speed) stretching the field, Steven Jackson (94 overall, 87 speed, 90 acceleration) should have plenty of running lanes opening up underneath.

No one even ask, I'm not making that mistake again. :jnc

Striker

Colin Kaepernick era has already started thanks to the rookie's impressive 85 speed, 81 acceleration, 92 throwing power, and 75 throwing accuracy.
That's a pretty damn good THP/THA for a rookie. smh

McNei1y

Damn. McNabb has always been fun to use in Madden but I might just bench his ass and start Ponder. At least he could be a backup if Ponder sucks/gets injured.

bluemax

Banned
Man this might be the best collection of offensive talent I've had in Madden since taking over the Seahawks. Rice, BMW, Carlson and Lynch plus good second tier guys in Butler, Obomanu, Washington and Tate. And a fairly decent offensive line as well!

Of course I probably won't be able to stop anyone from scoring on me...

Birdman02

bluemax said:
Man this might be the best collection of offensive talent I've had in Madden since taking over the Seahawks. Rice, BMW, Carlson and Lynch plus good second tier guys in Butler, Obomanu, Washington and Tate. And a fairly decent offensive line as well!

Of course I probably won't be able to stop anyone from scoring on me...

But your QB is Tavaris Jackson!

I'm losing 2 of the most overrated players in Madden...Reggie Bush and Jeremy Shockey were pretty ridiculous for me last year. My running game should be a little better with Mark Ingram though.

bluemax

Banned
Birdman02 said:
But your QB is Tavaris Jackson!

I'm losing 2 of the most overrated players in Madden...Reggie Bush and Jeremy Shockey were pretty ridiculous for me last year. My running game should be a little better with Mark Ingram though.

My QB the past few years was Hasslebeck whose only strength was short range accuracy. He couldn't throw the ball over 20 yards.

I have faith that T-Jack and Clipboard Jesus have some form of arm strength.

bluemax

Banned
Green Bay Packers: 92
No surprise here as the Super Bowl champs are the highest-rated team in "Madden 12." Aaron Rodgers falls just one point short of "Madden" perfection, with a 98 overall, while Charles Woodson (93 overall) and Tramon Williams (92 overall) will keep the corners on lock.

Chicago Bears: 85
Combine Jay Cutler's 98 throwing power with Devin Hester (98 speed) and Johnny Knox (97 speed) going deep, and you have a very fun "Madden" team. Throw in the running of Matt Forte, and you have an offense to be feared.

Detroit Lions: 76
The overall team number is a little low, but I can see the Lions being a popular team this year for the simple fact that this defensive line is going to give people headaches. Suh (95 hit power) and Fairley (88 hit power) are going to abuse virtual backs so bad, "Madden" might need to bring back the old ambulance.

Minnesota Vikings: 74
Ever since Adrian Peterson stormed the league, the Vikings have been a popular pick to play as in "Madden." But if you're still playing as them this year, it's really only because you want to run the ball down your friend's throat as All Day. And why not when the back boasts a 97 overall rating with 97 speed, 97 acceleration, and 90 trucking.

Bears seem over rated.

Top Bottom