• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise interest thread

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Yes, understandable, the game doesn't need 120 players. But a quantity of players that matches the normal amount of players in an MP game (16-24-32), would be nice. 12 just seems low, especially for a game where only 2 players actually play against each other at 1 time.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DMczaf said:
Come on Wellie, you know they've had the same EP for like 4-5 years now. Don't start overreacting GideonPrime style again.
Huh, I can't tell if you're trolling me:

http://www.qj.net/qjnet/playstation-3/ian-cummings-stars-in-the-first-interview-for-madden-nfl-08.html

Executive Producer for Madden NFL 08, Ian Cummings, grants IGN the first interview for the video game and talks about a variety of FAQs for the next big thing happening in video game sports.

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2008/04/brett-favre-gra/

"Brett Favre is a perfect fit for the Madden NFL 09 cover, as he epitomizes everything the franchise has stood for the past 20 years – longevity, excellence, and a love of football," said Madden NFL 09’s executive producer Dale Jackson.

http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/videogames/blog/_/name/thegamer/id/5136914

"With 'Madden NFL 11,' we're cutting that time in half," says "Madden's" executive producer Jeremy Strauser. "We're playing games now in about 30 minutes."

Madden executive producer Phil Frazier has confirmed, via Twitter, that Madden NFL 12 on the Wii will support the Classic Controller

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/06/the-top-talent-departs-as-madden-nears-its-release/

The executive producer of Madden NFL quietly stepped down this week after less than a year on the job. He is the third senior-level Madden developer to leave the title in the past two months. But Phil Frazier and his former bosses say it is an amicable separation, one that won’t affect the video game whose annual release is treated as a national celebration.

As I stated earlier, we are dedicated to improving the online franchise experience and I think the addition of Roy Harvey as the new Executive Producer of Madden should make you guys feel the same way.

Can't find who did Madden 10. What year was David Ortiz the EP? Man he was terrible. Stick with baseball.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BigAT said:
The problem is, like much of EA's usage "statistics" for Madden, much of the information they have is simply a consequence of how the game is designed in the first place.

Shitty, barebones, ignored and buggy franchise mode doesn't get used much.
Default, mandatory GameFlow system sees high usage percentage? Shocking.
Missed your post on it above, but I am down for Portal coop.

TheCrow said:
I get the 12 player limit when Online Dynasty first launched but they should have started working on gradually increasing the limit every year.

I won't disagree with that. However, I don't work on the game so I don't know what kind of limitations the NCAA system has.

Madden's core offline game has 32 player support, correct?

DMczaf

Wellington said:

A lot of those are off.

Jeremy Strauser was the EP of Madden 08, 10, and 11 but didn't EP 09 because he was heading NFL Head Coach 09 until he returned the next year for 10.

Phil Frazier was EP of Madden 12 and Senior Producer on Madden 08-11.

Ian was never an EP, but worked under Strauser and Frazier during the last 4-5 years.

All 3 guys left together this year.

There has not been this big of change in terms of dev team for the Madden franchise since moving to Xbox 360.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DMczaf said:
A lot of those are off.

Jeremy Strauser was the EP of Madden 08, 10, and 11 but didn't EP 09 because he was heading NFL Head Coach 09 until he returned the next year for 10.

Phil Frazier was EP of Madden 12 and Senior Producer on Madden 08-11.

Ian was never an EP, but worked under Strauser and Frazier during the last 4-5 years.

All 3 guys left together this year.

There has not been this big of change in terms of dev team for the Madden franchise since moving to Xbox 360.
Well if that's the case then good riddance.

TheCrow

I know it's off topic but I just want to say I'm no longer a bum. I now have a job/internship. I was so nervous coming into the interview since it was my first but it all worked out. So excited to get some experience.

Nightz

TheCrow said:
I know it's off topic but I just want to say I'm no longer a bum. I now have a job/internship. I was so nervous coming into the interview since it was my first but it all worked out. So excited to get some experience.
So you're out of school now?
And away from your crappy connection?

Anyways, on topic, I'm just glad that we'll have draft pick trading and it'll (hopefully) draft the right players for you if you're not present.

TheCrow

Nightz said:
I'm just starting my Junior year but I left Champaign, along with it's dorm internet, last year. If only Chicago had decent internet. I would kill for FIOS.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Nightz said:

Anyways, on topic, I'm just glad that we'll have draft pick trading and it'll (hopefully) draft the right players for you if you're not present.
There are no changes to the online franchise, I wouldn't assume that the right guy will get drafted just 'cause it's a feature on the league manager site.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
the leaguemanager guy claiming that he's been given more access to the online franchise data sounds nice, but I'd rather hear that from EA than just him.

Ramirez

levious said:
the leaguemanager guy claiming that he's been given more access to the online franchise data sounds nice, but I'd rather hear that from EA than just him.

Why would he lie? Is the service not free?

DMczaf said:
Julie%2Bnewmar.jpg

who's sweet pooper is that?

p.s. this update from that site sounds awesome. perhaps we'll have a fully featured online franchise afterall

eznark

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:

p.s. this update from that site sounds awesome. perhaps we'll have a fully featured online franchise afterall

That is the bulging penis of Adam West you are staring at.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Ramirez said:
Why would he lie? Is the service not free?

not that I'm worried about him lying, just that just that I'd feel more optimistic about it if it sounded like more official support than just under the table back door... probably just me being silly.

I like the site, but there's still some naggin issues with it, messed up Press stats on upcoming draft prospects, no box scores for playoff games...

Striker

http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/blog/top-rookies-in-madden-nfl-12

Top Ten Rated Rookies in Madden '12

10. Robert Quinn - DE - STL - 78 OVR
9. Julio Jones - WR, ATL - 78 OVR
8. Mark Ingram - RB - NO - 79 OVR
7. Mike Pouncey - OL - MIA - 79 OVR
6. Von Miller - OLB - DEN - 79 OVR
5. J.J. Watt - DE - HOU - 80 OVR
4. A.J. Green - WR - CIN - 80 OVR
3. Prince Amukamara - CB - NYG - 81 OVR
2. Marcell Dareus - DE - BUF - 82 OVR
1. Patrick Peterson - CB - ARZ - 82 OVR

bluemax

Banned
storybook77 said:
I must admit that I'm looking forward to restoring my rivalry with Bluemax.

Our games were always close. Too be honest I think most of my games against the NFC West were pretty close, except maybe like 1 game a season against FMT where I get destroyed.

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Probably Eartha Kitt. She was a sexy lady in her day.

bluemax

Banned
Wellington said:

Who gives a shit who the executive producer is? In my experience in the industry producers have less to do with the quality of a game than the stoners in QA.

Rorschach

-Mikey- said:
With all of the slots filled, will there be another league?
I think there are like 2 spots open. We'll probably have a clearer picture closer to launch. I don't think there's enough people to fill a second league, though. :\

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Having released the names of the 99 rated players and the top overall rated rookies EA Sports has now broken down the top ten rookies at both running back and wide receiver. Continue on to check out the lists and leave any thoughts in the comments!

(79) Mark Ingram – Saints RD 1 Pick 28
(73) Ryan Williams – Cardinals RD 2 Pick 6
(72) Mikel Leshoure – Lions RD 2 Pick 25
(71) Kendall Hunter – 49ers RD 4 Pick 18
(70) Daniel Thomas – Dolphins RD 2 Pick 30
(69) Shane Vereen – Patriots RD 2 Pick 24
(69) DeMarco Murray – Cowboys RD 3 Pick 7
(69) Jacquizz Rogers – Falcons RD 5 Pick 14
(68) Delone Carter – Colts RD 4 Pick 22
(67) Stevan Ridley – Patriots RD 3 Pick 9

The rankings don’t deviate too much from draft position except for Kendall Hunter and Jacquizz Rodgers who have been bumped ahead of a few others. The highest drafted omissions include Alex Green of the Packers who was chosen at the end of round three and Roy Helu who the Redskins took early in round four. In what was perceived to be a relatively weak running back class the overall ratings seem to reflect that with all but Mark Ingram in the high 60s-low 70s.

(80) A.J. Green – Bengals RD 1 Pick 4
(78) Julio Jones – Falcons RD 1 Pick 6
(71) Jonathan Baldwin – Chiefs RD 1 Pick 26
(70) Randall Cobb – Packers RD 2 Pick 32
(70) Greg Little – Browns RD 2 Pick 27
(69) Torrey Smith – Ravens RD 2 Pick 26
(68) Vincent Brown – Chargers RD 3 Pick 18
(67) Leonard Hankerson – Redskins RD 3 Pick 15
(67) Titus Young – Lions RD 2 Pick 12
(66) Greg Salas – Rams RD 4 Pick 15

BigAT

Wellington said:
Striker/AT: Any word on Marvin Austin's ratings?
Nope, it seems like they're only doing flashy positions and top 10's for now. I don't think I've even seen Nick Fairley's rating yet.

Striker

Where's Jernigan in the WR ratings, EA?! I like those ratings though, less like of the holy hell of mid 80's of other rooks.

Nightz

D-linemen ratings:

1. Marcell Dareus – DE - BUF - 82 OVR
2. J.J. Watt – DE - HOU - 80 OVR
3. Robert Quinn – DE - STL - 78 OVR
4. Adrian Clayborn – DE - TB - 78 OVR
5. Cameron Jordan – DE - NO - 77 OVR
6. Nick Fairley – DT - DET - 77 OVR
7. Corey Liuget – DE - SD - 75 OVR
8. Phil Taylor – DT - CLE - 74 OVR
9. Cameron Heyward – DE - PIT - 74 OVR
10. Da’Quan Bowers – DE - TB - 74 OVR

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ask and ye shall receive I guess. No Marvin rating but DL ratings in general are pretty freaking high:

10. Da’Quan Bowers – DE - TB - 74 OVR

9. Cameron Heyward – DE - PIT - 74 OVR

8. Phil Taylor – DT - CLE - 74 OVR

7. Corey Liuget – DE - SD - 75 OVR

6. Nick Fairley – DT - DET - 77 OVR

5. Cameron Jordan – DE - NO - 77 OVR

4. Adrian Clayborn – DE - TB - 78 OVR

3. Robert Quinn – DE - STL - 78 OVR

2. J.J. Watt – DE - HOU - 80 OVR

1. Marcell Dareus – DE - BUF - 82 OVR

http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/blog/rookie-ratings-defensive-linemen

Nightz

And now for the LB's.

1. Von Miller – OLB - DEN - 79 OVR
2. Aldon Smith – OLB - SF - 76 OVR
3. Ryan Kerrigan – OLB - WAS - 74 OVR
4. Akeem Ayers – OLB - TEN - 72 OVR
5. Casey Matthews – OLB - PHI - 71 OVR
6. Brooks Reed – OLB - HOU - 69 OVR
7. Martez Wilson – MLB - NO - 68 OVR
8. Colin McCarthy – MLB - TEN - 67 OVR
9. Kelvin Sheppard – MLB - BUF - 67 OVR
10. Bruce Carter – OLB - DAL - 67 OVR

Nightz

ESPN is starting to reveal team ratings by division, starting with the AFC West:

Denver Broncos: 74
It's all about who you want as your starting quarterback in Denver. Tim Tebow is 77 overall with 80 speed and 76 throwing accuracy while Kyle Orton is 82 overall with only 64 speed but 85 accuracy. Really depends on how you like to play "Madden." As a guy who likes mobility, I'll take Tebow.

San Diego Chargers: 85
With Philip Rivers clocking in at 96 overall and Antonio Gates at 99, the Chargers are going to be tearing up defenses through the air. The fact that they have three running backs with 90-plus speed doesn't hurt, either.

Kansas City Chiefs: 84
Jamaal Charles was one of the surprises of the "Madden" cover vote, showing strong support throughout his campaign. His reward? EA Sports makes him one of the most feared backs in Madden with 98 speed.

Oakland Raiders: 76
Darrius Heyward-Bey blazes the virtual field with 97 speed but only has a 68 catching rating. That pretty much sums up the team right there. Oh yeah, Shane Lechler is a beast at 98 overall.
http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/videogames/blog/_/name/thegamer/id/6786213/afc-west

Players ratings will be coming August 1st.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Is FMT still in LA?

Barry Sanders is going to play in this year's terrible EASports Madden kickoff flag football game they throw on NFL Network. He should go there and see if Barry would play for the Niners this season.

dskillzhtown said:
Is FMT still in LA?

Barry Sanders is going to play in this year's terrible EASports Madden kickoff flag football game they throw on NFL Network. He should go there and see if Barry would play for the Niners this season.

NO

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Kansas City Chiefs: 84
Jamaal Charles was one of the surprises of the "Madden" cover vote, showing strong support throughout his campaign. His reward? EA Sports makes him one of the most feared backs in Madden with 98 speed.

Thanks for honoring the fan vote and giving Charles the SPD rating he deserved anyway. FFS.

dskillzhtown said:
Is FMT still in LA?

RB isn't our problem brosef. now if we could get scott mitchell or rodney pete out of retirement....

fonzie_henry_winkler_happy_days.jpg

Top Bottom