• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise interest thread

261602_10150246813847278_508372277_7022731_4462620_n.jpg

Nightz

AFC East:
Buffalo Bills: 73
The 28th-ranked team in the game, and it's really no surprise when you only have two players on your roster rated an 89 overall or higher and one of those is your punter.

Miami Dolphins: 78
Having two studs at tackle should give Chad Henne plenty of time to hit Brandon Marshall in the open field. But with Henne's 75 throwing accuracy, he might not always find the target.

New York Jets: 87
Tied for the fourth-highest overall rating in "Madden 12," the Jets defense is a force to be reckoned with thanks to Mr. 99 overall Darrelle Revis, not to mention three other defenders rated 90 or higher overall.

New England Patriots: 88
The third-best team in the game, according to the ratings, thanks in part to Tom Brady's 99 overall. But the "Madden" love doesn't stop there as the Patriots feature 21 players rated 80 or higher overall.

AFC North:
Cincinnati Bengals: 71
The second lowest-rated team in "Madden 12," but that shouldn't stop gamers from playing as Cincinnati as this is a team built on receivers who can fly with A.J. Green, Chad Ochocinco, Jordan Shipley, and Jerome Simpson all rated 88 or higher in terms of overall speed.

Cleveland Browns: 74
Peyton Hillis is not only on the cover this year, he's a beast in the game with a 91 overall, 99 toughness and 99 trucking. Talk about a one-man wrecking crew.

Baltimore Ravens: 86
Led by Ed Reed (98 overall), Ray Lewis (95 overall), and Haloti Ngata (97 overall), the Ravens have one of the hardest-hitting defenses in "Madden 12." Ray Rice and his 90 speed should be able to carry the offense, when you're not throwing across the middle to Todd Heap, that is.

Pittsburgh Steelers: 90
The second highest-rated team in the game thanks in part to the dangerous combination of Ben Roethlisberger's 94 throwing power and Mike Wallace's blazing 98 speed. Add to that the 99 overall of former cover athlete Troy Polamalu and you have a team that can do some serious polygonal damage.

LiveWire

Who cares about these pretender divisions? Where's the ratings for the real PRIME-TIME division, the PEOPLE's division, the NFC BEAST?

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
LiveWire said:
Who cares about these pretender divisions? Where's the ratings for the real PRIME-TIME division, the PEOPLE's division, the NFC BEAST?

all the madden ratings love is going to the Eagles this year :(

Nightz

Rookie QB's:

1. Cam Newton - CAR - 77 OVR
2. Blaine Gabbert - JAX - 75 OVR
3. Jake Locker - TEN - 74 OVR
4. Christian Ponder - MIN - 73 OVR
5. Andy Dalton - CIN - 71 OVR
6. Colin Kaepernick - SF - 70 OVR
7. Ryan Mallett - NE - 69 OVR
8. Ricky Stanzi - KC - 68 OVR
9. T.J. Yates - HOU - 66 OVR
10. Greg McElroy - NYJ - 65 OVR

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Videogame Ryan Mallet = Highly underrated. The physical tools (well, his Arm) is all there. Just give him 40 AWR and Negative Speed ratings, and he's good to go!

Man, i want in for sure.

I'm garbage at Madden(haven't played since brent was on the cover) but the thought of a 32 team franchise with everyone being player controlled gives me a raging hardon. If anything i can just trade for starks and troll Ez while going 1-15.

OP hasn't been updated in a while, but If there are still any unfilled teams, i wouldn't mind jumping in. Let me know FMT!

If someone drops out during the season i can fill in as well... just let me in damnit!

Nightz said:
Rookie QB's:

1. Cam Newton - CAR - 77 OVR
2. Blaine Gabbert - JAX - 75 OVR
3. Jake Locker - TEN - 74 OVR
4. Christian Ponder - MIN - 73 OVR
5. Andy Dalton - CIN - 71 OVR
6. Colin Kaepernick - SF - 70 OVR
7. Ryan Mallett - NE - 69 OVR
8. Ricky Stanzi - KC - 68 OVR
9. T.J. Yates - HOU - 66 OVR
10. Greg McElroy - NYJ - 65 OVR

Holy shit FMT, he is a better Alex Smith

League officially put on notice

Ramirez

My streak of being unable to beat one of the worst teams in the AFC with the best rated team in the AFC will continue!

DMczaf

10. Da’Quan Bowers – DE - TB - 74 OVR

9. Cameron Heyward – DE - PIT - 74 OVR

8. Phil Taylor – DT - CLE - 74 OVR

7. Corey Liuget – DE - SD - 75 OVR

6. Nick Fairley – DT - DET - 77 OVR

5. Cameron Jordan – DE - NO - 77 OVR

4. Adrian Clayborn – DE - TB - 78 OVR

3. Robert Quinn – DE - STL - 78 OVR

2. J.J. Watt – DE - HOU - 80 OVR

1. Marcell Dareus – DE - BUF - 82 OVR

raheem-morris-1029a2-300x271.jpg

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Another huge addition to the game this year is the addition of new legends who can only be played in MUT mode. Last year, Walter Payton was the only legend in the game, but this year the list includes a returning Payton along with Barry Sanders, Deion Sanders, Dan Marino, Jerry Rice, Gale Sayers, Marcus Allen, Lawrence Taylor, Rod Woodson, Marshall Faulk, Eric Dickerson, Eddie George, and Shaun Alexander.

One of these things is not like the other

CB3 said:
One of these things is not like the other

i think it was supposed to read like this:

Another huge addition to the game this year is the addition of new legends who can only be played in MUT mode. Last year, Walter Payton was the only legend in the game, but this year the list includes a returning Payton along with Barry Sanders, Deion Sanders, Dan Marino, Jerry Rice, Gale Sayers, Marcus Allen, Lawrence Taylor, Rod Woodson, Marshall Faulk, Eric Dickerson, Eddie George. <End of conversation>

and Shaun Alexander.

Somnia

So looks like I'll be using the 4gb for a bit longer, skipping the gears system for the star wars system =) God I hope we don't have issues if we don't install madden again...fucking 4gb systems.

Since I'm still just a wee junior, can't start threads and don't own a 360, would there be any interest from GAF'ers to start up a Playstation 3 league?

Ferny

Damn Jets looking lovely this year. Pats are gonna be a tough team to play though. Atleast I won't have to contend with Moss.

BigAT

24FrameDaVinci said:
Since I'm still just a wee junior, can't start threads and don't own a 360, would there be any interest from GAF'ers to start up a Playstation 3 league?
There's been attempts in the past, but I don't think there has really been a successful PS3 league in a while.

DCX

DCX
BigAT said:
There's been attempts in the past, but I don't think there has really been a successful PS3 league in a while.
Unless you count the year an evil shadow figure convinced us all to migrate to PS3 for one season...but yea even that was a down year for us.

DCX

AFC East
Pats - Lonestar*
Bills - LJ11*
Dolphins - pheeniks
Jets - Ferny73

AFC West
Raiders - rorschach
Broncos - Crow
Chiefs - daw840
Chargers - Nightz

AFC North
Steelers - ramirez
Browns - striker
Bengals - eznark
Ravens - In Effect-mode*

AFC South
Colts - Luke
Jags - Mcneily
Texans - Smokey
Titans - peterboy*

NFC East
Cowboys - Somnia
Giants - Wellington
Redskins - livewire
Eagles - coldblooded

NFC West
49ers - FMT
Cardinals - Marleyman
Seahawks - Bluemax
Rams - Storybook

NFC North
Packers - BigAT
Bears - Levious
Lions - Goldlion
Vikings - Mcneily

NFC South
Panthers - GCQ
Falcons - DCX
Saints - Birdman
Bucs - DMczaf
-------

backups as of now:
MikeyRage
Mikey
denogginizer

updated listed as of right now

Ramirez said:
Bob isn't playing? LJ didn't even do NCAA, I don't see him doing Madden. :p

maybe you aren't privy to private messages that i have with LJ ;)

and no, bob isn't playing this year. he says he only has time for 1 online league, and he choose ncaa! at least he can succeed at recruiting.... kind of!

Somnia

Imagine if we had a true online update with up to date salary cap, etc.... imagine the team the bucs could build. Then again imagine the cuts I would have to make =/

Rorschach

Somnia said:
Imagine if we had a true online update with up to date salary cap, etc.... imagine the team the bucs could build. Then again imagine the cuts I would have to make =/
Bucs would still end up 3rd place anyway. It's usually DCX and Birdman fighting it out for the top spot. GCQ had a nice run last year, though.

Rorschach said:
Bucs would still end up 3rd place anyway. It's usually DCX and Birdman fighting it out for the top spot. GCQ had a nice run last year, though.

unlike most NFL teams, the bucs poor play over the past decade has yielded great results for their owner

manchester_united_fc_squad1.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
This Madden Community idea sounds cool, at least

http://www.pastapadre.com/2011/07/25/madden-nfl-12-online-communities

Madden NFL 12 will allow you and up to 2000 other like-minded gamers to create or join a Community where you can play head-to-head games against each other. All games will be ranked on your Community Leaderboard, individual stats will all be tracked and ranked, and recent game results will be displayed for your entire Community to see. What makes Communities different is that the creator of the Community will be able to create Community “house rules”. Every single game option and slider in Madden NFL 12 will be editable and will apply to all head-to-head games within your Community.

It'll be cool to keep track of some stuff off the bat for overall MaddenGAF.

DMczaf

This just reminds me of the Clan feature that was planned and announced for Madden 2005, and that disappeared and was never spoken of again.

bluemax

Banned
Houston Texans: 80
This team might not be able to get over the hump in real life, but in "Madden 12," they're definitely one of the more dangerous offenses to deal with. Houston's Big Three: Matt Schaub (88 overall), Arian Foster (92 overall, 91 speed), and Andre Johnson (97 overall, 94 speed) should make them a popular team online this year.

Indianapolis Colts: 85
Peyton Manning drops to a 98 overall in "Madden 12," but the offense is still deadly thanks to weapons that include Dallas Clark (96 overall), Reggie Wayne (95 overall), and Pierre Garcon (95 speed).

Jacksonville Jaguars: 75
Maurice Jones-Drew leads the way with a 95 overall and 94 speed (not to mention, 89 trucking), but when your leading wide receiver is only an 80 overall, you might have some problems throwing for too many yards, even if with a stud tight end catching the ball over the middle.

Tennessee Titans: 73
People who play as the Titans typically do so for one reason: Chris Johnson. The back looks like a blur running down the field with 99 speed and 99 acceleration, and is pretty much impossible to stop in the open field.

AFC South ratings.

DMczaf

Ramirez said:
I like how you can edit sliders in the community feature, but not OF, thanks Tiburon.

Honestly after dealing with people in NCAA, I don't know if I want sliders.

"I couldn't rush for 200 yards this week, change the sliders!"

"WTF FMT! I got 2 holding calls today. How about you fucking fix the sliders!?"

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Remember when old man DM was crying about us whippersnappers complaining about injuries then EA went ahead and patched the injury rate because it was excessive?

DMczaf

Wellington said:
Remember when old man DM was crying about us whippersnappers complaining about injuries then EA went ahead and patched the injury rate because it was excessive?

And yet you guys still wanted injuries turned off after the patch.

Top Bottom