• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise interest thread

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I prefer having the Jets since that has been my team in this league and one of the two teams I cheer for. However, seeing that the Jets are taken, I, too, would like to get the team selections resolved prior to release. Otherwise, I may not buy Madden.

The other team I follow is the Falcons.

eznark

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
do you have a preference besides the packers/dolphins? i would prefer you get the packers since you are actually a fan but i can't make that guarantee!

I think my choices last year were Dolphins, Bengals or Titans. Not sure who is available this year but I guess I'd want Matt Hasselbeck and I'm gonna score!

I thought after a year of purgatory I got to play for the Packers, though?

AFC East
Pats - Sanjuro
Bills - LJ11*
Dolphins - pheeniks
Jets - Ferny73

AFC West
Raiders - rorschach
Broncos - Crow
Chiefs - daw840
Chargers - Nightz

AFC North
Steelers - ramirez
Browns - striker

Bengals - lonestar
Ravens - In Effect-mode*

AFC South
Colts - Luke
Jags - peterboy
Texans - Smokey
Titans - eznark

NFC East
Cowboys - Somnia
Giants - Wellington
Redskins - livewire
Eagles - coldblooded

NFC West
49ers - FMT
Cardinals - Marleyman
Seahawks - Bluemax
Rams - Storybook

NFC North
Packers - BigAT
Bears - Levious
Lions - Goldlion
Vikings - Mcneily

NFC South
Panthers - GCQ
Falcons - DCX
Saints - Birdman
Bucs - DMczaf

bold is set in stone basically. still need to figure out the people who are actually going to use the other teams.

in-effect mode: you in or out?
mikeys: you guys still around?
denogg: falcons are dcx's team :/ going to try to figure out everyone so i can let you know for sure what's up. you should start a separate thread pleading for the jets.... matrix style!

DMczaf

E3oyq.jpg

iehSxe.gif

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
at least you guys have a non-rookie who can participate in training camp at this point :(
I'd prefer most of the rookies at this point. :| Funnily enough, I'd take anyone except the top two QBs picked.

Sanjuro

I wish you could assign the overflow players to UFL teams. I would love to see GameFlow lead the OVR 28 Mountain Lions to let people off the hook.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I'm good with the bears FMT, but if someone else asks for them i wouldn't mind using another team...

Well, i am comfortable with the upgrades to the lions and the rest of the division sitting idly. Can't wait for Real life and virtual RW11 to drop some balls or be overthrown

bluemax

Banned
Top 5 QBs:

Brady 99
Manning 98
Rodgers 98
Rivers 96
Brees 96

Top 5 LBers

James Harrison 98
DeMarcus Ware 98
Penis Willis 98
Jon Beason 97
Clay Mathews 95
Ray Lews 95

(Yes I know that's not 5, blame ESPN)

Also full team ratings (which are already outdated):

AFC East

Jets

Patriots
Buffalo
Miami

BigAT

Striker said:
What was Clay's rating last year? I know EA's raging boner for one year wonders.
I think he started out in the low 80s. I know they increased him a few times throughout the season, I'm not sure what he ended at but I don't think it was 95.

Rorschach

DenogginizerOS said:
Are there plans to make a Madden league community?
If no one else starts one, I definitely will. Hopefully, GAF Madden peoples can play more often past the start of the league like we used to. It got so serious last couple of years that people didn't want to play just because they would be potential opponents. :|

daw840

Rorschach said:
If no one else starts one, I definitely will. Hopefully, GAF Madden peoples can play more often past the start of the league like we used to. It got so serious last couple of years that people didn't want to play just because they would be potential opponents. :|

I'm down for the community. That's the only reason that I ever increased my skills in NBA2K was playing randoms online. Less cheese in that game though, Madden randoms really piss me off.

DMczaf

Rorschach said:

I'd be more interested in scrimmages if we could use our franchise rosters :\

daw840

DMczaf said:

This.

My fucking god, how is it they haven't implemented this feature? It's in EVERY other sports game with online leagues for fuck's sake.

McNei1y

Rorschach said:

What's this Madden Community thing?

So all the teams not in bold are available or those people are definitely playing but not those teams? If theres an open spot I'll def get Madden. On the fence otherwise.

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
That's true too, but it's the same issue. OMG we can only play with our "real" teams or we'll get rusty in time for our real games! Super serials. We used to just play for fun, man. FUN!

Somnia

Rorschach said:
That's true too, but it's the same issue. OMG we can only play with our "real" teams or we'll get rusty in time for our real games! Super serials. We used to just play for fun, man. FUN!

What's this fun you speak of? SERIOUS BUSINESS HERE MAN!

Rorschach

This is why no one gets better anymore, btw. You can't get better unless you get your ass kicked 100 times in a row and ask for tips! I was garbo when I started. I remember destroying Wellie when he started. Didn't even finish the game. Now we're both upper mid tier!

Nightz

Rorschach said:
This is why no one gets better anymore, btw. You can't get better unless you get your ass kicked 100 times in a row and ask for tips! I was garbo when I started. I remember destroying Wellie when he started. Didn't even finish the game. Now we're both upper mid tier!
Me beating you for the first
and last
time ever last year was the highlight of my life.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Rorschach said:

I scrimmage pheeknicks all the time. So that disproves your argument

Rorschach

CB3 said:
I scrimmage pheeknicks all the time. So that disproves your argument
But you're not teaching him. :| Luke got a lot better too. And Crow wanted to play and asked for advice all the time.

CB3

Rorschach said:
But you're not teaching him. :| Luke got a lot better too. And Crow wanted to play and asked for advice all the time.
Im not his tutor!

Rorschach

CB3 said:
Im not his tutor!
Well, if he gets his ass kicked, but has no idea what just happened, he's not gonna be able to correct it. :p

Btw- you can export offline franchise teams, so we can recreate our teams if we want them that bad. You'd only have to do it once a season!

LukeSmith said:
Yeah, but then I felt like you were just toying with me :(
I discussed a lot of the intricacies at length and even demonstrated live! After a while, there was nothing I could teach you since you had surpassed me. :(

Somnia

Ya I need to scrimm a lot more this year. I will say CK and Rors helped me out quite a bit last year, but I just didn't have the motivation last season (like most people). Pretty excited for this year =) Hope we do multiple season this year again.

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
cb has never won a superbowl so i'm not sure why anyone would need/want him as a tutor
Sounding like a true bitter old man who's skills have left him

AFC East
Pats - Sanjuro
Bills - LJ11*
Dolphins - pheeniks
Jets - Ferny73

AFC West
Raiders - rorschach
Broncos - Crow
Chiefs - daw840
Chargers - Nightz

AFC North
Steelers - ramirez
Browns - striker

Bengals - lonestar*
Ravens -

AFC South
Colts - Luke
Jags -
Texans - Smokey
Titans - eznark

NFC East
Cowboys - Somnia
Giants - Wellington
Redskins - livewire
Eagles - coldblooded

NFC West
49ers - FMT
Cardinals - Marleyman
Seahawks - Bluemax
Rams - Storybook

NFC North
Packers - BigAT
Bears - Levious
Lions - Goldlion
Vikings - Mcneily

NFC South
Panthers - GCQ
Falcons - DCX
Saints - Birdman
Bucs - DMczaf

bold is set in stone basically. still need to figure out the people who are actually going to use the other teams.

mastershake
yopis
drizzler
peterboy
mikey
denogg
----
other mikey
in effect mode

CB3 said:
Sounding like a true bitter old man who's skills have left him

i won a superbowl in madden '11.... and i went through you to get there!

p.s. bigAT/wellington: i'm going to just keep wellington as the giants and bigat as the packers. i like the spirit of competition but by keeping that possibility out there i leave other people dangling on their teams. if wellington loses, then what team does he want? now a guy who had his 2nd choice has to be bumped to a new team, and whoever has that new team gets bumped, etc etc. if you guys want to figure something else out that's fine with me, but i have to have the teams set before the game comes out because some people are depending on a spot in the league before they buy the game. sorry bro's!

Top Bottom