• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise interest thread

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
Like I said, I'll play if the game is decent. I doubt it will be. I would hate to be the guy that's in here being all bitter every game week bitching about how broken the game is and avoiding and frustrating my opponents. Then, quitting like half way through as if I didn't know what I was getting into. In fact, the biggest temptation right now is that there are no Reba fans! It's also the biggest deterrent to NCAA. :(

I'll see what the demo is like and then I'll see what the GAFers are saying about it after release. I'll make up my mind then. If there's still a spot, I'll join. If not, I'd already be in the NCAA league anyway to get my football fill.

And I don't think anyone would buy this game twice. NCAA maybe, but Madden? Nah. Oh, and I figure that "reason" is probably because they're awesome and we boys! I never asked or accepted, though.

I wonder why some people are so baffled by acts of kindness or comradery. :p
Shit I actually respect that a lot.

BigAT

24FrameDaVinci said:
I'll take that Ravens slot if no one has claimed it yet. PSN ID is Goodfella2487
mj-laughing.gif

Narag

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i edited the title shortly after i realized my error as you can see in the first post.... but it wont show as the original title :(
PM a mod and they'll fix it for you.

Somnia

mmm we get to put the full game of NCAA in next Saturday at work till it launches. I know what I'm doing on mah breaks.

Somnia

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i edited the title shortly after i realized my error as you can see in the first post.... but it wont show as the original title :(

Got a mod changing it now.

MikeyRage

Neo Member
Ill be getting Madden and NCAA

I BK I BadKarma is my tag if youre gonna have some room.

Ill be a stand in if someone backs out.

BigAT

Do any of you want to play through the Portal 2 co-op campaign at some point? I never got around to it when the game first came out and I don't feel like doing it with some random person.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
BigAT said:
Do any of you want to play through the Portal 2 co-op campaign at some point? I never got around to it when the game first came out and I don't feel like doing it with some random person.

got it on PS3 and PC. Probably about halfway through co-op on PS3.

Ferny

BigAT said:
On Steam?

jergrah

Ive been running a full house Madden Online Franchise pretty much straight through from 10-11 and then 11 up until 2 weeks ago when we stopped for NCAA. I browse this thread every so often just to see how other leagues run things or what players shine/how things played out.

Anyways, apparently they are doing NOTHING at all to change Online Franchise for 12, thought Id share. I find it beyond frustrating since the NCAA guys get so much right with Online Dynasty, yet in Madden a person still cant go on Auto-Pilot and you still cant practice with your Online time.

I’ve been asked probably about 1000 times, “Has EA done anything to Online Franchises?” Well now I can finally say drop my head and say “No” as EA has released this information on their forums today.

Here some of what Justin Dewiel; EA SPORTS Senior Community Manager, says in the post:

Since we revealed the details of the Offline Franchise mode, the most requested question has been, “What upgrades have you made to Online Franchise mode?” We set aggressive development goals for Madden NFL 12 – from the improvements to Offline Franchise and Superstar modes, to the complete overhaul of visuals, addition of custom playbooks, a new collision system, our yet to be discussed Online Communities feature, and more. When it comes to the tight schedule of an annual development cycle, we have to make tough decisions, and it became apparent as we continued to work through our campaign that there was no way to deliver a deep, fully connected Online Franchise experience that you deserve this year. Therefore, there will be no additions to Online Franchise mode in Madden NFL 12.

That said, I can say with absolute certainty that delivering a feature-rich Online Franchise mode is a top priority for the Madden leadership as we move forward. It’s crucial that we transform how and where fans interact with our games and each other. Modes like NCAA Football’s Online Dynasty or FIFA 12’s Football Club are leading the way in building connected experiences, and you can expect that the Madden NFL franchise will aggressively work to meet and exceed your expectations for Online Franchise.

View the entire post here: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/7379417.page

Nightz

Meh, disappointing but that was expected. But since it looks like we'll be using the league manager thingy, the site partnered with EA and added a bunch of stuff:

Today, via their official EA SPORTS forums, the Madden team announced that they have made no significant changes to Madden NFL 12 online franchise. With this information they have stressed that their focus this year was to get offline franchise correct before they moved to the online portion. While this may seem like a blow to online franchise, I must elaborate on positives here to put this into perspective and hopefully raise the moral of the online franchise community.

Over the past year my work on leagueManager has afforded me the opportunity to meet much of the EA SPORTS Madden NFL 12 management, development, and support team. I've been granted insider access to the development process and seen the stages the game has went through with my admission in to the EA SPORTS Game Changers program and during trips to the EA SPORTS Tiburon studio. Over this same time period I have been in talks with upper level management from the Madden NFL 12 team to work out ways where a collaboration and sharing of information between EA SPORTS and leagueManager could work to benefit the online franchise community.

It is with much excitement that I am able to announce that we have been successfully able to get a working relationship set up that has given the leagueManager team exclusive access to online franchise data and remote procedural calls. This unique collaboration with EA SPORTS, a first of its kind, proves the Madden NFL 12 teams dedication to providing an experience to their fans that hasn't been previously available. The Madden team has always been at the forefront of a new wave of community/developer relations in the gaming world through their leveraging of social media, and this is another step in the right direction in building a completely engaging fan experience. What this all means is that come Madden NFL 12, the leagueManager experience will be brought to an entirely new and innovative level.

Through this working relationship, EA SPORTS will be providing leagueManager with the following:
Full realistic player contract data

• leagueManager will have 100% exact replica contract structures as offline franchise.
  • leagueManager will provide leagues the option of running an "NFL-style" real contract based online franchise or the point based contract system that is already in place.
  • leagueManager will replicate contract negotiations, cap penalties, player holdouts, and much more to add to the realism of the GM side of online franchise.
  • As always, leagueManager will also be able to be used without a contract based system.

Complete tie-ins to the draft process

• Access to all of the controls of the online franchise draft will give leagueManager the ability to have a custom draft console that will enable leagues to run a draft in any manner they please.
  • A draft can be run over multiple days to accommodate the busy schedules of owners, paused and restarted at the will of the commissioner.
  • Draft pick trading will be enabled and tracked via leagueManager .
  • Draft boards will correctly draft for owners who cannot make a draft.

Complete CPU controlled team intelligence

• CPU controlled teams will now have trade logic in place.
  • CPU controlled teams will re-sign players needed and cut players not needed.
  • CPU controlled teams will bid on free agents needed during the free agency bidding period.

Commissioner controls via the web

• The ability to invite and boot members of your online franchise via the web.
  • The ability to add/drop players from any team.

Streamlined access to all online franchise data

• Using the remote procedural calls how they were intended to work instead of the current way they were obtained via reverse engineering, leagueManager will be able to optimize the way you interact with the tool and provide a higher level of user experience.

Adding these incredibly exciting features to leagueManager will only boost the current list of available features that is being upgraded and optimized:

Complete player resign period

• The new resign period will be receiving an overhaul which will engage owners in contract negotiations with their players that are up for contract re-sign.

Free Agency bidding period

• An optimized and more efficient free agency bidding period with a player watch list, trending, and other innovations will take this feature to the next level.

Yearly player awards, weekly player awards, and Pro-Bowl rosters

• All of these features will still be available along with optimizations and new ways to analyze this data.

Full stat tracking for the life of the franchise and opponent scouting

• We will still be tracking statistics over the life of your franchise and some new ways to analyze this data will completely transform the way you scout your opponent. No longer will you be heading in to a game without a clue how to game-plan for your opponent.

Along with the above updates made possible via our collaboration with EA SPORTS, leagueManager will also provide customized league discussion boards and private messaging to enhance league communication and facilitate a more engaging online franchise experience without the technological knowledge needed to set up your own website or forums. We will be rolling out community features that will allow you to feel a part of both the leagueManager community and your individual franchise community.

With all of the above information, leagueManager will continue its mission to provide the most complete and satisfying online franchise experience possibly available. We have formalized the addition of a team of developers and support staff to ensure that when Madden NFL 12 drops, your leagues will be able to successfully set up and run your online franchise using leagueManager .

In the next coming weeks, we will release more details and screenshots of the new updates. We will be piloting the new leagueManager software to a select group of leagues in early August for feedback and optimizations. If you would like to get on the list for piloting the new software, send an email to support@myleagueManager.net.

Long read, but the bulletted stuff is the most interesting.

DMczaf

Full realistic player contract data
leagueManager will have 100% exact replica contract structures as offline franchise.
leagueManager will provide leagues the option of running an "NFL-style" real contract based online franchise or the point based contract system that is already in place.
leagueManager will replicate contract negotiations, cap penalties, player holdouts, and much more to add to the realism of the GM side of online franchise.
As always, leagueManager will also be able to be used without a contract based system.

Complete tie-ins to the draft process
Access to all of the controls of the online franchise draft will give leagueManager the ability to have a custom draft console that will enable leagues to run a draft in any manner they please.
A draft can be run over multiple days to accommodate the busy schedules of owners, paused and restarted at the will of the commissioner.
Draft pick trading will be enabled and tracked via leagueManager .
Draft boards will correctly draft for owners who cannot make a draft.

Complete CPU controlled team intelligence
CPU controlled teams will now have trade logic in place.
CPU controlled teams will re-sign players needed and cut players not needed.
CPU controlled teams will bid on free agents needed during the free agency bidding period.

Commissioner controls via the web
The ability to invite and boot members of your online franchise via the web.
The ability to add/drop players from any team.

Streamlined access to all online franchise data
Using the remote procedural calls how they were intended to work instead of the current way they were obtained via reverse engineering, leagueManager will be able to optimize the way you interact with the tool and provide a higher level of user experience.

Adding these incredibly exciting features to leagueManager will only boost the current list of available features that is being upgraded and optimized:

Complete player resign period
The new resign period will be receiving an overhaul which will engage owners in contract negotiations with their players that are up for contract re-sign.

Free Agency bidding period
An optimized and more efficient free agency bidding period with a player watch list, trending, and other innovations will take this feature to the next level.

Yearly player awards, weekly player awards, and Pro-Bowl rosters
All of these features will still be available along with optimizations and new ways to analyze this data.

Full stat tracking for the life of the franchise and opponent scouting
We will still be tracking statistics over the life of your franchise and some new ways to analyze this data will completely transform the way you scout your opponent. No longer will you be heading in to a game without a clue how to game-plan for your opponent.

Julie%2Bnewmar.jpg

jergrah

Yeah, we use the myleaguemanager site for ours as well. The guy has done a great job of continually improving it over time. Where it was in August last year as compared to right now is night and day different -- I was glad to see that EA got in touch with him to be a partner/gamechanger/whatever they call it. Too bad they dont just incorporate his ideas/concepts straight into the official site.

DMczaf

The community manager is posting at OS right now too

Obviously we wished we could have gotten to the Online Franchise portion of the game this year,but we needed to first make sure the offline experience was where it needed to be and after 100 new additions/improvements along with the numerous gameplay improvements, presentation upgrades, and the HUGE online announcement that we have coming on July 25th, we ran out of time.

Some of wondered why we didn't mention this with our offline franchise and that's because we were still hard at work in the development process and did not want to to make this announcement until we knew for sure what we'd be able to get into the game this year.

As I stated earlier, we are dedicated to improving the online franchise experience and I think the addition of Roy Harvey as the new Executive Producer of Madden should make you guys feel the same way. Just take a look at the work that has been done with Online Dynasty under his watch over the years and you'll start to get a sense of the dedication that the new leadership team has.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
@pastapadre
Online Franchise Mode Goes Untouched for Madden NFL 12 http://t.co/Pu4ZILm

As soon as EA Sports announced all the improvements for Franchise mode back in May the questions started flowing in on whether those enhancements would apply to Online Franchise mode as well. Having avoided addressing the topic since EA Sports today finally admitted that Online Franchise has gotten absolutely no additions in Madden NFL 12.

When it comes to the tight schedule of an annual development cycle, we have to make tough decisions, and it became apparent as we continued to work through our campaign that there was no way to deliver a deep, fully connected Online Franchise experience that you deserve this year. Therefore, there will be no additions to Online Franchise mode in Madden NFL 12.

Last year EA announced that franchise as a whole hadn’t been worked on and now this time around it is Online Franchise – despite those improvements in the offline mode seemingly well designed to apply with the online structure. Though the company is now stating that the mode is a priority going forward it is hard to completely believe that after citing low usage numbers as the reason for not supporting it fully after launch in Madden 10, getting no attention in Madden 11, and now having been completely passed over in Madden 12.

That last bolded part is what gets us.

TheCrow

Must not get hopes up for future Maddens.

Fake Edit: "reads Wellie's post" Well, I'm good. Don't have to worry about that. :/

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DMczaf said:
The community manager is posting at OS right now too
They get a new executive producer every year. The flagship EA title deserves their best EP not a fucking revolving door.

What could this 7/25 announcement be? More cards for MUT?

Lonestar

LukeSmith said:
DCX has to deal with the Salary Cap now.

This could be even funnier than DCX "recruiting" in NCAA

Man, I'd be horrible with a salary cap. I always turned it off in the offline mode :D

400 million dollars!

DMczaf

Wellington said:
They get a new executive producer every year. The flagship EA title deserves their best EP not a fucking revolving door.

What could this 7/25 announcement be? More cards for MUT?

Come on Wellie, you know they've had the same EP for like 4-5 years now. Don't start overreacting GideonPrime style again.

DMczaf said:
Come on Wellie, you know they've had the same EP for like 4-5 years now. Don't start overreacting GideonPrime style again.

This. This is also one of the NCAA guys coming over to EP for Madden. I'm pretty sure that's we've all been wanting. Hopefully, he throws Ian's charts away!

eznark

Banned
Wow that fucking sucks.

As for moving the guy over from NCAA...why is that so wonderful? Will online franchises be limited to AFC or NFC? 12 person leagues in NCAA.

Fuck both of these games.
fuck me for buying both of them

Lonestar

storybook77 said:
This. This is also one of the NCAA guys coming over to EP for Madden. I'm pretty sure that's we've all been wanting. Hopefully, he throws Ian's charts away!

Webcam of Charts on Fire, or No Deal.

Yeah, while the Online Franchise on the NCAA is pretty great, there still has never been an explanation of "Why only 12 people?"

BigAT

Wellington said:
That last bolded part is what gets us.
The problem is, like much of EA's usage "statistics" for Madden, much of the information they have is simply a consequence of how the game is designed in the first place.

Shitty, barebones, ignored and buggy franchise mode doesn't get used much.
Default, mandatory GameFlow system sees high usage percentage? Shocking.

Lonestar said:
Webcam of Charts on Fire, or No Deal.

Yeah, while the Online Franchise on the NCAA is pretty great, there still has never been an explanation of "Why only 12 people?"

NCAA has to cut off the # of players at some point. I bet people would say the same thing if it were 24 players. "Why only 24 people? Why can't we fill the rest of the conferences?" Imagine the nightmare of a 108+ league. :jnc

TheCrow

storybook77 said:
NCAA has to cut off the # of players at some point. I bet people would say the same thing if it were 24 players. "Why only 24 people? Why can't we fill the rest of the conferences?" Imagine the nightmare of a 108+ league. :jnc
I get the 12 player limit when Online Dynasty first launched but they should have started working on gradually increasing the limit every year.

Top Bottom