• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise interest thread

daw840 said:
Hmm, you have a link to wordsmith? I just found something called word smith but it's not multi

yeah i found the samething. i downloaded it and the game is garbage. it's not multiplayer and its just like 16 jumbled letters and you get a time limit to spell out as many words as possible

Sanjuro

I've been looking for this thread. Figured it would be launched during Stanley Cup madness.

If there is still room, I'm in. I'll be getting the game first week.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
What is wordsmith? Should I trade a draft pick for it?

Its a trick question. You've already traded your whole draft for Kevin Kolb

CB3

honestly if you could play against friends it would be decent.

but you cant. so fuck it

Rorschach

CB3 said:
honestly if you could play against friends it would be decent.

but you cant. so fuck it
It would still suck! It's just there to make money off of suckers. The contract thing is pretty funny.

Each card has "contracts." Every time you use a card, whether you win, lose, or don't finish, it uses up a contract point. So, if people keep disconnecting on you, you'll lose the contract without getting any games out of the card. No big deal, right? Well, if you can't earn enough points (which you won't with DCs), you'll be left with an empty roster spot and you won't have enough virtual coins to play a game. This means you'll have to spend real money if you want to play anytime soon, or play a ton of online games to farm for coins. Since the ranked online games are full of quitters and cheesers, and you don't earn coins off disconnects, you're pretty much screwed. Even offline games require contracts and full rosters.

CB3

Rorschach said:
It would still suck! It's just there to make money off of suckers. The contract thing is pretty funny.

Each card has "contracts." Every time you use a card, whether you win, lose, or don't finish, it uses up a contract point. So, if people keep disconnecting on you, you'll lose the contract without getting any games out of the card. No big deal, right? Well, if you can't earn enough points (which you won't with DCs), you'll be left with an empty roster spot and you won't have enough virtual coins to play a game. This means you'll have to spend real money if you want to play anytime soon, or play a ton of online games to farm for coins. Since the ranked online games are full of quitters and cheesers, and you don't earn coins off disconnects, you're pretty much screwed. Even offline games require contracts and full rosters.

well with friends you just use the free packs they give you. a bunch of shitty players but the one decent one you might get could be a game breaker!

Rorschach

CB3 said:
well with friends you just use the free packs they give you. a bunch of shitty players but the one decent one you might get could be a game breaker!
Those run out too, though. You have to buy contract cards to renew contracts. If someone sends you and invite and you have no coins and no contract cards, you're fucked unless you want to spend real money.

CB3

Rorschach said:
Those run out too, though. You have to buy contract cards to renew contracts. If someone sends you and invite and you have no coins and no contract cards, you're fucked unless you want to spend real money.

i would figure matches against friends wouldnt count for win/tokens and against the contract number since they would be essentially unranked

Rorschach

CB3 said:
i would figure matches against friends wouldnt count for win/tokens and against the contract number since they would be essentially unranked
Doesn't let you start the game period (even offline) if you don't have a full roster. :p So unranked would be the same I suppose.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
If this is going to happen, Amazon has the typical $20 promo gift card available for pre-orders. Used to get it a couple days earlier from a local mom and pop but Prime will take care of me this year.

Somnia

It's amazing how low reserves are on this years madden compared to the last couple years. Though being near St. Louis I've been getting a lot of CE versions lately.

Somnia

btw anyone need/want an Uncharted 3 beta code? It starts on the 28th and I have an extra. I won't be back till tomorrow afternoon, but let me know.

CB3

FMT was talking mad shit in our personal wordsmith game and i came back and put the dagger in him with a 58 point word. suck it bitch

CB3

wait it becomes public beta a week later anyway? lol what the fuck is the point in having a code.

CB3

not that big of a deal. and i forgot about the free month of psn+ so doesnt everyone have this anyway basically?

BigAT

CB3 said:
i didnt even bother activating mine since i didnt care. It pays off now!
Same here! I've been waiting for something actually useful to be available through PSN+ (still waiting).

http://www.operationsports.com/foru...489691-madden-nfl-12-e3-steelers-raiders.html

here's some decent quality videos of raiders vs. steelers in the snow.... in oakland.

im liking how the game looks more and more. some nice new animations and while it's not anywhere near Backbreakers animation system i do notice that you can have more of an effect on the outcome of a tackle even if someone is already being wrapped up. this obviously was there a little last year, but one play early in the game it seemed like mendenhall hand the corner and was getting wrapped up while moving forward but the LB came in and pushed him sideways for no forward momentum yards

p.s. i also notice the man defense is looking much improved (and this is on All-pro difficulty, not all-madden)

Top Bottom