• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBOX 360 NBA 2K11 Thread of second round virgins and bogus alley oops

ecnal

i dont think any of the shooting sliders are an issues -- 2K will always give someone a 2K run in every single game, no matter what.

my concern is primarily based on just how awkward online plays. i shouldn't go 0-10 with missed layups, or have rebounds consistently bouncing off players' heads. i also noticed in my game with phx that some of our passes would just go warp speed out of bounds even though nothing was out of the ordinary.

which leads me to believe some sliders that shouldn't be changed -- offensive awareness, defensive awareness, hands, etc -- have been.

coulda just been a weird game though, it happens occasionally.

DCX

DCX
ecnal said:
i dont think any of the shooting sliders are an issues -- 2K will always give someone a 2K run in every single game, no matter what.

my concern is primarily based on just how awkward online plays. i shouldn't go 0-10 with missed layups, or have rebounds consistently bouncing off players' heads. i also noticed in my game with phx that some of our passes would just go warp speed out of bounds even though nothing was out of the ordinary.

which leads me to believe some sliders that shouldn't be changed -- offensive awareness, defensive awareness, hands, etc -- have been.

coulda just been a weird game though, it happens occasionally.
i didn't change any of those, i think i upped the mid range and three maybe a tick or two up. They were 45-46, i moved them to 47-48. I didn't change awr at all.

DCX

ecnal

sounds good to me.

probably was just "one of those games."

bucks, sixers, nuggets: i'll be home a little later now, probably around 730 pm PST. i can get a couple/few games in.

daw840

ecnal said:
sounds good to me.

probably was just "one of those games."

bucks, sixers, nuggets: i'll be home a little later now, probably around 730 pm PST. i can get a couple/few games in.

Will you be home before that at any time this week?

daw840

ecnal said:
ya, i can do a ~630 pm PST game tomorrow or weds.

I'll try to make that happen, but damn. My everyday window is usually 5:00-8:00 CST during the week. Too bad we couldn't have done this over the weekend.

DCX

DCX
lol wow, that was a lovely game. Durant was Durnot that game. 9-30, missing easy wide open shots...man i should have pulled him and featured Love instead. GG bro. THe PG duel was on lol

DCX

Ferny

DCX said:
lol wow, that was a lovely game. Durant was Durnot that game. 9-30, missing easy wide open shots...man i should have pulled him and featured Love instead. GG bro. THe PG duel was on lol

DCX

That game was like the best one ive played online in a LONG time. It was back and forth, no one had the advantage. F' Kevin Love dude makes some shots man hate him lol. The ending was epic. WHen you fouled me I was like UGH there goes the game and then I had the ball and lost control of Rose and went back court and then Durant had a wide open shot at the end and missed it thank goodness!

Awesome game

DCX

DCX
Ferny73 said:
That game was like the best one ive played online in a LONG time. It was back and forth, no one had the advantage. F' Kevin Love dude makes some shots man hate him lol. The ending was epic. WHen you fouled me I was like UGH there goes the game and then I had the ball and lost control of Rose and went back court and then Durant had a wide open shot at the end and missed it thank goodness!

Awesome game
Sure was :) Love is soooo good...gotta give him more ____ lol

DCX

ecnal

daw840 said:
I'll try to make that happen, but damn. My everyday window is usually 5:00-8:00 CST during the week. Too bad we couldn't have done this over the weekend.

i was up in san clemente most of the weekend, my bad. i remember from trying to schedule playoffs with you that our schedules typically wont matchup mon-fri. ill keep that in mind for future games.

ok guys im home, anyone good for a game?

Smokey said:
raptors

where u at

Heh, I need to play you, heat,and bulls. My AIM is on the front page if anyone wants to hit me up to play. I usually can't play until after 6pm EST. I should be available tonight if I don't fall asleep from doing homework till like 2am last night.

And thanks to everyone I've played/talked to. I know I'm probably easily the worse at this game but the pointers and help and willingness to give pointers from the people I've dealt with already has been awesome and makes me really happy I did join this league even if I get blown out by 40 points each game. :p Awesome community, thanks guys.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Heh, I need to play you, heat,and bulls. My AIM is on the front page if anyone wants to hit me up to play. I usually can't play until after 6pm EST. I should be available tonight if I don't fall asleep from doing homework till like 2am last night.

And thanks to everyone I've played/talked to. I know I'm probably easily the worse at this game but the pointers and help and willingness to give pointers from the people I've dealt with already has been awesome and makes me really happy I did join this league even if I get blown out by 40 points each game. :p Awesome community, thanks guys.

is this a backhand shot at me because I definitely didn't help you, I was instead talking shit the whole time DAT LOL

ecnal

hey daw, let me know what day is best for you -- tonight or tomorrow night -- to get our game in at 630 pm PST.

bucks & sixers, i'll be around tonight for a game or two.

daw840

ecnal said:
i guess we'll play tomorrow daw?

bucks/sixers im here (or nuggets, if you're here).
Sorry, a very serious issue has come up in my personal life. Don't know if I'll be able to do anything related to this game for a while. Best chance will be tomorrow evening but no promises.

ecnal

daw840 said:
Sorry, a very serious issue has come up in my personal life. Don't know if I'll be able to do anything related to this game for a while. Best chance will be tomorrow evening but no promises.

hope everything is alright man. don't worry about our game.

2K servers DC'n right now anyways :lol

we may need an extension on this first week DCX -- multiple days have been shit due to servers.

edit: the kings' playbook fuckin blows too lol. everything is the same pick and roll to iso shit for every fucking position except C.

IT WOULD BE NICE, 2K, IF I COULD SAVE A NEW PLAYBOOK INSTEAD OF SPENDING 20 MINUTES PRE-GAME TIME TO CHANGE PLAYS. MAYBE NEXT YEAR.

ecnal said:
hope everything is alright man. don't worry about our game.

2K servers DC'n right now anyways :lol

we may need an extension on this first week DCX -- multiple days have been shit due to servers.

I've been playing scrims with people and have been dc'd a couple times. Have the servers always been this bad? This is the first time I've played it online.

ecnal

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I've been playing scrims with people and have been dc'd a couple times. Have the servers always been this bad? This is the first time I've played it online.

2K has a pretty notorious history in regards to online servers. long story short, they just upgraded their DREAMCAST ERA TECHNOLOGY -- no jokes -- in the past 6 months.

our previous season went pretty smooth imo. maybe only a couple days where the servers were acting up.

i dunno what's going on right now though... seems like the last few days have been inconsistently DC'ing.

Sorry Smokey, I was exhausted by the time you got back to me and wound up falling asleep waiting for your game to finish. Are you free to play tonight at all?

And whoever has the bulls, are you available tonight?

Smokey

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Sorry Smokey, I was exhausted by the time you got back to me and wound up falling asleep waiting for your game to finish. Are you free to play tonight at all?

And whoever has the bulls, are you available tonight?

probably not, but i will let you know

btw when is the deadline dc

Vestal

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Bleh, you're always so late. Are you westcoast?

No I work till midnight here in Puerto Rico hehe

Can play tommorow morning starting at 6am till 2pm est.

Vestal said:
No I work till midnight here in Puerto Rico hehe

Can play tommorow morning starting at 6am till 2pm est.

Heh, not home then most likely. I can play at 12pm est if you want if you get on like right at 12. I don't want to be up past 1am if I can help it since I'll probably have to shovel a shitload of snow tomorrow if forecasts are correct.

DCX said:
The mercy of the sim machine :)

DCX

LOL, I refuse to play any of games now. I might get into the playoffs now with the CPU help. ;)

DCX

DCX
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Heh, not home then most likely. I can play at 12pm est if you want if you get on like right at 12. I don't want to be up past 1am if I can help it since I'll probably have to shovel a shitload of snow tomorrow if forecasts are correct.

LOL, I refuse to play any of games now. I might get into the playoffs now with the CPU help. ;)
bwahahaha Although i have the power to assign wins..maybe i might push that auto loss button ;) you'll never know.

DCX

Fucking love 2k servers....

2qwh7o8.jpg

Fuck this game, if pheeniks goes up by more than 6 points he can't miss a shot no matter what until he's on a 20 pt run. This momentum is such bullshit. And is it impossible to steal? He'll stand still and I never got a steal.

Smokey

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Fuck this game, if pheeniks goes up by more than 6 points he can't miss a shot no matter what until he's on a 20 pt run. This momentum is such bullshit. And is it impossible to steal? He'll stand still and I never got a steal.

don't worry, pheeniks is an elite player.

some of the things you encounter with him won't happen against other opponents.

Top Bottom