• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Elite Controller |OT| That's a paddlin'

The Flash

Banned
Im gonna be afraid of the replies I receive for this question but...

Are their any places to buy an elite controller? Did retailers even receive them on launch day?

858.gif

I kid, I kid.

If they sell an accessory pack with that thumb grip from the Forza Elite picture, I'll buy that for sure.

Love the concept. I bought the KontrolFreek's version of that, but it comes off too easily under pressure.

Manac0r

I take it back about the bounce. I just had the most amazing few hours on Titanfall (PC) with this controller. Pure Movement Heaven.

BizzyBum

Im gonna be afraid of the replies I receive for this question but...

Are their any places to buy an elite controller? Did retailers even receive them on launch day?

At this point, not likely. They sold out ridiculously fast and some places couldn't even cover their pre-orders. The only way to get one now is to get very lucky and call around and see if perhaps someone didn't pick up their pre-order or buy it at double the price on Ebay.

AssaTM

I couldnt find an answer for this but ive seen a few people mention it. I dont have the aggressive setting for my thumbsticks on the app on both the One and the PC, and i've heard it eliminates the deadzone in Halo 5 and since thats the game im playing atm i'd love to be able to apply it, does anyone know how to get it to appear? thank you

At this point, not likely. They sold out ridiculously fast and some places couldn't even cover their pre-orders. The only way to get one now is to get very lucky and call around and see if perhaps someone didn't pick up their pre-order or buy it at double the price on Ebay.

Sorry, I've been out of the loop. Are people not expecting a second shipment of these at some point? (Like after the Christmas rush or something?)

BizzyBum

Sorry, I've been out of the loop. Are people not expecting a second shipment of these at some point? (Like after the Christmas rush or something?)

Yeah, I'm not saying they are sold out forever, just for now. Second shipments should be out sometime in December or maybe a little later.

I take it back about the bounce. I just had the most amazing few hours on Titanfall (PC) with this controller. Pure Movement Heaven.

Yep. I play Titanfall on Xbox and mapping one of the paddles to jump has upped my movement ability a lot. I was on bumper jumper before but the paddle is so much better for me.

mjc

Ordered from Amazon France, came out to about $162 after delivery fees. Should come between the 14th and 17th apparently.

mjc

It's been saying Nov 2 for the past 10 days at least while every other Amazon store is sold out/unavailable. I have one on preorder from there so I'll see if it actually ships tomorrow or the date magically changes to December.

Ohhh that's a bummer. Guess I'll keep an eye on it the next couple days and see what happens. Might have to cancel if it gets delayed like every other place.

I bought the play n' charge kit with this controller, but this controller drains my battery way faster than a standard controller. Anybody else notice this? Maybe I'm playing halo 5 too much lol.

Lima

I bought the play n' charge kit with this controller, but this controller drains my battery way faster than a standard controller. Anybody else notice this? Maybe I'm playing halo 5 too much lol.

Halo 5 drains battery fast because of the double rumble cause the triggers are utilized. It's normal.

malfcn

You can check it here.

Scroll down passed the cars until you see the controller. If you keep scrolling passed the elite controller you can see 3 special edition regular Xbox One controllers as well.

I can hope they might be real, I don't know why they would even make those awesome mock-ups for no reason, so who knows really.

A special edition elite sounds expensive.

mr stroke

I am he only one that is getting sweaty palms from this thing?
The normal controller is fine but the elite gives me sweaty hands :/

Got mine this morning. The paddles are definitely NOT too sensitive. I lay my fingers on all four of them without accidental presses just fine.

So, I'm using the Xbox Accessories app on the Xbox One, and the only stick sensitivity options I get are:

Slow Start
Fast Start
Instant

I'm hearing people have access to settings called 'smooth' and 'aggressive'.

I've updated the app today, but no change.

I'm running a Mac, so I don't have access to the desktop version of the app.

What do I do?

usctrojan

enjoying mine but noticing that the xbox button is much less sensitive than on my normal controllers. pressing it to goto xbox home screen occasionally doesn't register without a very pronounced press. anyone else notice this?

Lima

enjoying mine but noticing that the xbox button is much less sensitive than on my normal controllers. pressing it to goto xbox home screen occasionally doesn't register without a very pronounced press. anyone else notice this?

That's not exclusive to the elite controller. All of my Xbox controllers have a different pressure point for the nexus button.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
So, I'm using the Xbox Accessories app on the Xbox One, and the only stick sensitivity options I get are:

Slow Start
Fast Start
Instant

I'm hearing people have access to settings called 'smooth' and 'aggressive'.

I've updated the app today, but no change.

I'm running a Mac, so I don't have access to the desktop version of the app.

What do I do?
As posted in the Halo 5 aiming thread :

On NXOE there's a new curve : Smooth, and in French one of th curve is like "Agressive", maybe It's "Fast start", as "Instant" is there (translated).

Here are the curves (note that I pushed a little the stick to show the curve in effect) :

Smooth is really bad in diagonals, as well ad Delay.

Anyone else with the ticking joysticks now?

Pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean by tickling joysticks?

I will say that I changed the profile to instant today and found Dirt Rally and Blood Dragon on PC unplayable. Went back to Default and I could drive the rally car again ..

Anyone using this with Windows noticing weird rumble effects? I'm using the wireless adaptor, and it seems like after something makes the controller rumble, it likes to continue rumbling for a couple extra seconds. Not sure if it's the controller or the wireless adaptor.

SwolBro

Banned
if you set the rumble to the lowest point before it being off how little does it rumble in something like halo when getting shot?

VinFTW

So, what settings are people using for Halo 5?

I feel like compared to my non 3.5mm Titanfall controller the aiming is really sloppy/all over the place.

Anybody else noticing this?

is it a bug with the 3.5mm controllers?

Pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean by tickling joysticks?

I will say that I changed the profile to instant today and found Dirt Rally and Blood Dragon on PC unplayable. Went back to Default and I could drive the rally car again ..

My right stick ticks slightly at 9 o'clock-ish.

It means that when you move the joystick -- perhaps a certain way -- it makes a slight ticking noise.

Both of mine do it, and I'm not sure of what to think.

Bsigg12

Yep, or you can use the Windows 10 app I guess, also, we should be able to make our own curves as seen in the presentation video.

That feature isn't there yet unfortunately. That could change when the public release build of NXOE goes out on the 12th though.

AssaTM

The default on this feels like it has more of a deadzone in Halo 5 than the regular controller, not sure what to think of that as I cant set the aggressive curve yet as I dont have the NXOE :/

Bsigg12

The default on this feels like it has more of a deadzone in Halo 5 than the regular controller, not sure what to think of that as I cant set the aggressive curve yet as I dont have the NXOE :/

Do you have Windows 10? You could always do it on there and save the profile to the controller and use it on the Xbox.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member

I felt that too, a little more deadzone than my day one pad, setting it to aggressive greatly improved my feeling, and with 10 sensitivity and the long stick I can be precise while having a little deadzone.

kingwingin

It means that when you move the joystick -- perhaps a certain way -- it makes a slight ticking noise.

Both of mine do it, and I'm not sure of what to think.
all controllers make that noise. The sticks are too big for the part they fit over so they wiggle a bit

all controllers make that noise. The sticks are too big for the part they fit over so they wiggle a bit

I didn't notice it on my regular black Xbox One controllers, of which I've had a few. But perhaps you're right. I hope that's all it is.

It's a minor thing, most-likely, but I'm losing sleep and stressing over it.

kingwingin

I didn't notice it on my regular black Xbox One controllers, of which I've had a few. But perhaps you're right. I hope that's all it is.

It's a minor thing, most-likely, but I'm losing sleep and stressing over it.
ive had 3 regular controllers and they all did it. I've had to open them up and wrap a piece of tape around the stick mounts to make them not do that

Not sure I believe that scuf reworks the inside as you say(obviously the infinity is reworked the analogs are changeable. I have always heard scuf uses cheap parts. The switches for the paddles especially are prone to fail. No way I would pay 200$ for a scuf it won't last a year without breaking.

In the year I have owned my scuf one. I have had to send my scuf back 3 times due to the left paddle becoming squishy and no longer clicking. I got sick of calling scuf and waiting weeks for it to be repaired and sent back.

My elite has zero slow turn and if you are referencing that naded guys video he seems to be a shill for scuff. He says the analog curves don't work in the elite app he is full of it's they work fine. His video was basically scuf is amazing elite controler sucks please use my discount code and buy a scuf.

Im not going to get into this again so just look a few pages back I already explained what happened with his scuf lol tldr his elite had slow turn out of the box and thats why the curves didnt work right. He showed his elite on stream having slow turn and testing the sticks and what i saw on screen was in fact slow turn. and the app wouldnt do anything to the sticks cause of the way they had slow turn it was screwing up how it reads the app's changes.

As for your scuf one, yes those older ones have a chance to get slow turn but its pretty rare. and as for your paddle idk what to tell you. i used a scuf one for 1.7 years and never had a single problem with the paddles. Nor do i know anyone that has. Keep in mind i was playing titanfall with it and destiny a bit so i was slamming the paddles constantly to do all sorts of things.

My left bumper started acting funny once but that can happen with any xb1 controller. I have been keeping tabs on a lot of places and i have yet to see anyone report the scuf infinity having slowturn or even bumper issues. so thats a pretty strong sign so far.

My own elite had slowturn after 2 days, my friends had slowturn out of the box, and the gamestop i went to had 2 elite's returned 1 for d-pad issues and the other cause a paddle fell out and wouldn't stay in lol

Yes scuf infinity doesnt completely gut the xb1 controller an put custom parts in it but the do work under the hood to make it last longer. that doesn't mean they will have a 100% success rate as that is IMPOSSIBLE with any mass produced product. but the track record with scuf is not nearly as bad as some make it out to be. I know naded pretty well and he's definitely not a shill. thats just ignorant. he got burned by a 150$ controller that came with the same internals as a standard controller & had bad slow turn out of the box.

That would make any competitive player pissed of at what they were told to be "premium" quality. I agree that something that costs 150 should NOT have slow turn out of the box lol

So, what settings are people using for Halo 5?

I feel like compared to my non 3.5mm Titanfall controller the aiming is really sloppy/all over the place.

Anybody else noticing this?

is it a bug with the 3.5mm controllers?

My locke controller with the halo 5 xb1 feels fine. and my elite felt fine until 2 days later when it got slowturn & i returned it. either your elite has slowturn or there is some weird left over preset from one of the testers that was doing QA on your controller and never reset it to factory default. go into the app & see if u can just reset everything on the controller to normal.

dude, your shtick is getting old.

Kind of a pointless post on your end.

Sorry I have no problem giving info to those that don't know it. Not sure why you don't simply use the ignore feature lol

Yaari

Thanks for the heads up! I just ordered mine from there, and they don't seem to have any problems shipping to Germany (fingers crossed).
Haha, my Xbox One actually came from Germany when they labelled us as a Tier 2 country. Now we are somewhat returning the favor it seems. :)

SwolBro

Banned
Im not going to get into this again so just look a few pages back I already explained what happened with his scuf lol tldr his elite had slow turn out of the box and thats why the curves didnt work right. He showed his elite on stream having slow turn and testing the sticks and what i saw on screen was in fact slow turn. and the app wouldnt do anything to the sticks cause of the way they had slow turn it was screwing up how it reads the app's changes.

As for your scuf one, yes those older ones have a chance to get slow turn but its pretty rare. and as for your paddle idk what to tell you. i used a scuf one for 1.7 years and never had a single problem with the paddles. Nor do i know anyone that has. Keep in mind i was playing titanfall with it and destiny a bit so i was slamming the paddles constantly to do all sorts of things.

My left bumper started acting funny once but that can happen with any xb1 controller. I have been keeping tabs on a lot of places and i have yet to see anyone report the scuf infinity having slowturn or even bumper issues. so thats a pretty strong sign so far.

My own elite had slowturn after 2 days, my friends had slowturn out of the box, and the gamestop i went to had 2 elite's returned 1 for d-pad issues and the other cause a paddle fell out and wouldn't stay in lol

Yes scuf infinity doesnt completely gut the xb1 controller an put custom parts in it but the do work under the hood to make it last longer. that doesn't mean they will have a 100% success rate as that is IMPOSSIBLE with any mass produced product. but the track record with scuf is not nearly as bad as some make it out to be. I know naded pretty well and he's definitely not a shill. thats just ignorant. he got burned by a 150$ controller that came with the same internals as a standard controller & had bad slow turn out of the box.

That would make any competitive player pissed of at what they were told to be "premium" quality. I agree that something that costs 150 should NOT have slow turn out of the box lol
dude, your shtick is getting old.

Top Bottom