• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Elite Controller |OT| That's a paddlin'

Navy Bean

Shiiieeett

Ford-Xbox-One-Controller-101-876x535.jpg
Is that legit? I'd buy it tonight and I don't even own forza 6 lol.

Chorazin

Tried changing the sticks to Aggressive in my Halo 5 config. Sweet Zombie Jesus that's the good stuff. That combined with the tall sticks and in-game sensitivity set to 6 and it feels amazing.

Best fucking controller ever.

Manac0r

Will there be the option to adjust dead zones on PC? The current app only gives you several presets to choose from. And the issue I'm having is as follows:

On the most sensitive preset - Instant - the resting position of the left stick actually registers as an input. What this means is when you push in a direction and then release, the resting positon registers as a lower left input. Causing movement issues. When using joy.cpl on PC you can see that high sensiitivity causes issues as the resting points are rarely exactly centre, this can be remedied by using default settings or fast preset.

I'mcurious if anyone else is experiencing this on PC? If the controller is faulty I will need to contact support ASAP, if it is software or calibration then maybe tweaking the dead zones of the INSTANT preset could remedy this.

One test I have been trying is on MGS V, on instant if you run forward then suddenly release the stick, then Big Boss will often turn around to face a different positon he was running in.

Woot! Just got one from game stop this morning!! Guy never picked up his pre order and I snagged it as soon as the store opened. So stoked!! Been looking every where for this controller since launch.

Lima

It takes them a whole month to make new ones? Holy shit I guess I can be happy that I get mine on Wednesday hopefully.

Falchion

After using it for 5 days I finally feel like I've mastered the paddles. I don't even have to think anymore because it's all muscle memory. I've seen my Halo kills skyrocket now that I'm comfortable with it.

Justinh

Via Major Nelson
during checkout
We're sorry but Xbox Elite Wireless Controller is currently unavailable. Please return to the Shopping Cart and remove the product to complete your order. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Dammit, I already have one but I thought it'd make a good Christmas gift.

Oh, you can't even add to cart anymore. FFFFFFFfffu
I was just too late, I guess...

Anyone that owns the controller already do you experience "slow turn" on your sticks? Some people have said that even after using the accessories app the dead zone on the analog sticks are still very noticeable when play precision shooters like halo.

It takes them a whole month to make new ones? Holy shit I guess I can be happy that I get mine on Wednesday hopefully.

prob more like a few days to a week to get a new batch done, then a week or two shipping by boat to us dock and then by train from the dock to where ever they have a warehouse, and then a few days to ship it to the end consumer.

I'm curious about this as well. Do the Scuf controllers actually have different insides or do the competing brands to Scuf have different insides either? Like Cinch and other brands like it? Somehow I doubt it.

Dude, I haven't even opened mine yet! Let me enjoy it for a few hours lol.

Honestly, I have never had a problem with the regular X1 controller so we'll see.

Btw, does your scuf have the same issues or are the insides different?

Scuf re works the insides of the controllers around the analogs especially to create virtually no slow turn controllers as far as the scuf infinity line is concerned. There is always that chance 1 in a million u will get slowturn on it in which case they fix it for free. but i haven't seen a infinity get slowturn and they have been out for a little bit now.

This is the main reason scuf infinity are 200+ if you want the full package. They overhaul a lot of the flawed parts of the controller.

Anyone that owns the controller already do you experience "slow turn" on your sticks? Some people have said that even after using the accessories app the dead zone on the analog sticks are still very noticeable when play precision shooters like halo.

yeah if you look a page or two back I went on a tear about it. A handful of cases of out of the box slowturn have happened. It appears that the internals of the elite controller are no different from a standard controller :/ That explains how they were able to keep the price range away from 200 they arent doing any overhauling of the internals to eliminate slowturn. If you are lucky your elite might not ever get it or if it does it wont be severe. I just hate stuff like that :/

The deadzone fix is sadly only a mask. it cant fix the issue as its a hardware fault. masking it only makes your sticks pretend they dont have slowturn which in turn makes aiming radically different and possibly uncomfortable for you since deadzones are only meant to be adjusted as necessary, not to cover up slowturn.

Hawk269

No issues on my end, but I have not had a lot of time with mine, but no issues whatsoever.

Dominator

Ah. Didn't see the source?
Still looks dope.
You can check it here.

Scroll down passed the cars until you see the controller. If you keep scrolling passed the elite controller you can see 3 special edition regular Xbox One controllers as well.

I can hope they might be real, I don't know why they would even make those awesome mock-ups for no reason, so who knows really.

My sticks seemed to be better tonight when I pulled it out of its case and checked them. The left one wasn't doing the ticking, but the right one did. Then the left one did when I pushed it in as L3.

Man, I wish I knew if something was actually wrong or if it's just a 'new creak.' I wish it didn't do this, because it's driving me further nuts.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
I think I know the answer to this question, but without messing around and trying it myself does anybody know if in-game button prompts adapt to your custom configs?

I've avoided customising anything other than the paddles for that reason.

Recharg3

I think I know the answer to this question, but without messing around and trying it myself does anybody know if in-game button prompts adapt to your custom configs?

I've avoided customising anything other than the paddles for that reason.

I don't believe so as games will just tell you to press X for example and it will really be down to you to press whichever button you have configured to input the X command.

There may be games in the future that rely on the paddles and the configuration more so but nothing at this stage from what I know?

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
I don't believe so as games will just tell you to press X for example and it will really be down to you to press whichever button you have configured to input the X command.

There may be games in the future that rely on the paddles and the configuration more so but nothing at this stage from what I know?

The paddles are fine, because no game will tell you to press them. But it's more like if you've remapped something like B to RB, and the game tells you to press B and that's no longer correct.

I guess that's just what you have to live with for the benefit of button mapping, but it does make me avoid mapping the standard buttons.

hwalker84

Is that legit? I'd buy it tonight and I don't even own forza 6 lol.

Yes but it's a special edition they made for Sema 2015

http://blog.caranddriver.com/forza-...gn-sweet-retro-inspired-xbox-one-controllers/

To celebrate the return of the GT, the Forza folks ginned up a special version of the Xbox One’s Elite controller that’s a bit more than a stripe-and-color job. The Liquid Blue controller features real carbon-fiber accents and a clear battery door in an homage to the GT’s engine-revealing rear window. The trigger buttons, which act as the player’s gas and brake in Forza, are refashioned to resemble the GT’s pedals, while the left thumbstick references the shape of the supercar’s steering wheel.

Regrettably, none of the controllers are for sale, but we’d love to see Forza do runs celebrating other historically significant automobiles.

Manac0r

My sticks seemed to be better tonight when I pulled it out of its case and checked them. The left one wasn't doing the ticking, but the right one did. Then the left one did when I pushed it in as L3.

Man, I wish I knew if something was actually wrong or if it's just a 'new creak.' I wish it didn't do this, because it's driving me further nuts.

I hear ya, I really want enjoy the controller but the bounce from the sticks on high sensitivity is really off putting. Hold forward, release and my character will spin round due to bounce (MGSV). Doesn't always happen consistently, or in every game. I imagine if you are just playing Halo you won't notice it. Dont't know if it's a faulty controller or just design.

Spasm

Anyone using this on Win 10? I'm on build 10576, and every time I plug it in, I just get the USB disconnect sound over and over and over again.

Jinroh

Anyone using this on Win 10? I'm on build 10576, and every time I plug it in, I just get the USB disconnect sound over and over and over again.
It does that with every xbox one controllers. I reverted back to the previous version because of that.

.hacked

Played a little Zombie Army Trilogy last night with the triggers set to the short throw aiming would not work at all. Weird, only game so far that has done that.

I have one of these in hand, but have been debating returning it to Amazon. If I do I'll just sell it to someone here at the cost of the item plus shipping.

I might be a bit late on this, but it looks like you can customise the controller to press two buttons at once by overlapping the longer paddle on the shorter paddle. I remember MS saying they didn't want to allow two buttons being pressed at once because of the advantage (which I agree with), but it looks like it can be done.

Edit: Might be wrong on this, doesn't look like the lower paddle presses the button if you do it.

Scuf re works the insides of the controllers around the analogs especially to create virtually no slow turn controllers as far as the scuf infinity line is concerned. There is always that chance 1 in a million u will get slowturn on it in which case they fix it for free. but i haven't seen a infinity get slowturn and they have been out for a little bit now.

This is the main reason scuf infinity are 200+ if you want the full package. They overhaul a lot of the flawed parts of the controller.

yeah if you look a page or two back I went on a tear about it. A handful of cases of out of the box slowturn have happened. It appears that the internals of the elite controller are no different from a standard controller :/ That explains how they were able to keep the price range away from 200 they arent doing any overhauling of the internals to eliminate slowturn. If you are lucky your elite might not ever get it or if it does it wont be severe. I just hate stuff like that :/

The deadzone fix is sadly only a mask. it cant fix the issue as its a hardware fault. masking it only makes your sticks pretend they dont have slowturn which in turn makes aiming radically different and possibly uncomfortable for you since deadzones are only meant to be adjusted as necessary, not to cover up slowturn.

Not sure I believe that scuf reworks the inside as you say(obviously the infinity is reworked the analogs are changeable. I have always heard scuf uses cheap parts. The switches for the paddles especially are prone to fail. No way I would pay 200$ for a scuf it won't last a year without breaking.

In the year I have owned my scuf one. I have had to send my scuf back 3 times due to the left paddle becoming squishy and no longer clicking. I got sick of calling scuf and waiting weeks for it to be repaired and sent back.

My elite has zero slow turn and if you are referencing that naded guys video he seems to be a shill for scuff. He says the analog curves don't work in the elite app he is full of it's they work fine. His video was basically scuf is amazing elite controler sucks please use my discount code and buy a scuf.

KTS2448

Im gonna be afraid of the replies I receive for this question but...

Are their any places to buy an elite controller? Did retailers even receive them on launch day?

DirtyLarry

Im gonna be afraid of the replies I receive for this question but...

Are their any places to buy an elite controller? Did retailers even receive them on launch day?
There were, I just went to the Best Buy website the morning of release on Tuesday and purchased one and received it this past Thursday, but I do believe any limited stock any retailers received is all gone by now.

The only chance you probably have is what somewhat posted above, going to a GameStop and finding someone who did not pick up their preorder.

Top Bottom