• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Elite Controller |OT| That's a paddlin'

Personally the DS4 is better than both 360/XB1 controller. So I wonder since this doesn't actually change the shape just makes the things already on the XB1 better it still isn't as good as the DS4. At least to me.

What a strange post. And honestly, you are pretty much wrong on all of it. the DS4 controller is cheap, uncomfortable, has crap battery life and terrible triggers. It also peels and falls apart.

They have just got the elite consoles here but no controllers. they are telling us Mid Nov for the first shipment.

I'm using the smooth setting on my right stick for Halo aiming, and instant on the left - I find my aim is vastly improved since the change.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
I'm using the smooth setting on my right stick for Halo aiming, and instant on the left - I find my aim is vastly improved since the change.

I was using Smooth at first, because it lower the deadzone, but diagonals are really bad, too slow, now I use the "Aggressive" curve (the middle one on NXOE), it has the same low deadzone, but better diagonals.

Also, I now use the long stick for better precision, sensibiliity is set to 10 in Halo 5.

shanafan

Initial reports seem to suggest that the Elite controller is working on PS4 with the CronusMAX PLUS. Once people have had a bit more time to test it and report back, if it's working well I'll be doing the same.

Now I just have to wait 2 more days before the Elite bundle is released here.

Yes, the Elite works with CronusMAX Plus.

Personally the DS4 is better than both 360/XB1 controller. So I wonder since this doesn't actually change the shape just makes the things already on the XB1 better it still isn't as good as the DS4. At least to me.

DS4 is a step-up from the DS3, but the battery life is terrible on it. I wish it could take rechargeable batteries like eneloops and really extend the life out of it.

AssaTM

I'm on sensitivity 3 on Halo 5 and I genuinely dont know how anyone could play with sensitivity 10 in this game, im actually impressed, i'm curious what your playstyles are, as a sens that high is more in line with CoD than precision Halo kills (Not a criticism it's the general trend among the Halo pro's to be on 3-5 sens generally) so im genuinely impressed anyone can play with a 10 sens! :eek:

EliteSpartan

Neo Member
I presume this will work just fine with the energizer battery packs/charger? Although the paddles might get in the way when placing it on the charging cradle. Also, anyone picking up the elite bundle? I decided to get rid of my day one and upgrade, was dead set on the Forza 6 bundle but if I can get an elite bundle might as well since the controller is in high demand.

My controller's on my shelf and it's still in the box, unopened. Why is it opened? I hear you ask. Good question. Because I'm saving it for November 10th, and Fallout 4. Doing so will make the day even more special. Like staying a virgin for your wedding night. Heh heh heh.

My controller's on my shelf and it's still in the box, unopened. Why is it opened? I hear you ask. Good question. Because I'm saving it for November 10th, and Fallout 4. Doing so will make the day even more special. Like staying a virgin for your wedding night. Heh heh heh.

user name lulz
hqdefault.jpg

Initial reports seem to suggest that the Elite controller is working on PS4 with the CronusMAX PLUS. Once people have had a bit more time to test it and report back, if it's working well I'll be doing the same.

Now I just have to wait 2 more days before the Elite bundle is released here.

When people do this, what do they do about the touchpad? You could put it on the menu button, but then you don't have a share button. And some games have more than one function on the touchpad.

Doffen

That's just missed opportunities.

Caayn

Outside of the shape why is the DS4 better than the elite controller?

So where do I find this app? I didn't see instructions - just a "Download this App" card.

This controller is a bit overwhelming, but I want to test out its features before I send it back for replacement.

Chorazin

I'm on sensitivity 3 on Halo 5 and I genuinely dont know how anyone could play with sensitivity 10 in this game, im actually impressed, i'm curious what your playstyles are, as a sens that high is more in line with CoD than precision Halo kills (Not a criticism it's the general trend among the Halo pro's to be on 3-5 sens generally) so im genuinely impressed anyone can play with a 10 sens! :eek:

My sensitivity in game is 6, and I have the Aggressive sensitivity as part of my Halo 5 control set, and the tall sticks on. Sooooooo smooth and responsive.

So where do I find this app? I didn't see instructions - just a "Download this App" card.

This controller is a bit overwhelming, but I want to test out its features before I send it back for replacement.

For Windows it's in the App Store, for Xbox it's in the Store on your console.

Lothars

What a strange post. And honestly, you are pretty much wrong on all of it. the DS4 controller is cheap, uncomfortable, has crap battery life and terrible triggers. It also peels and falls apart.

They have just got the elite consoles here but no controllers. they are telling us Mid Nov for the first shipment.
His post was really strange for this thread but I think the DS4 is way better than the standard xbox one controller in pretty much every way other than battery life. I have decided I am going to pick up an elite controller when I can get one because I really liked what I had used from a friends elite.

nOoblet16

I got mine today and let me start off by saying this is the best built controller I have ever seen or used. I still like the DS4's ergonomics more but atleast they fixed the biggest issue I had with the Xbone controller...the bumpers. Yes buttons this is the right way to do it ! Not fuckin pivot shit !!

Although I still do not like the really loose analogue sticks and prefer the DS4's resistance which I think is just perfect amount. At the moment it is a bit difficult to use all 4 paddles but I think this is what I'm going to try and get used to instead of just two paddle.

The only other drawback I find apart from the loose analogue is that the controller is a bit too heavy. I'd gladly take a no vibration motor option if I could to make the controller lighter.

The beast has arrived!

OMG she's beautiful <3

It feels really nice in the hand. The paddles all match pretty much perfectly with my resting finger positions which is great, no need to make my own I don't think. They are a little easily pressed though so we will see, haven't tried it in game yet. I'm thinking it may be optimal to play with just the two bottom larger ones on, with jump on the left and melee on the right.

The taller stick feels nice on the right analogue, gonna be interesting to see what that does to my aim.

The build quality is incredible. Fair play Microsoft, you have undoubtedly created the greatest game controller in history.

10/10 DDD

Navy Bean

I've been using mine and really like it but the Slot 1/Slot 2 button has been completely stuck and won't switch either way. Anyone else have this issue? Makes setting up different things impossible.

Will probably wait 'til it's back in stock to send it in...

DirtyLarry

Glad I could help, Dirty.
Yeah, Instant doesn't look that intense in retail dash, and I think it's more accurately depicted in the NXOE app.

Hope now you can brush your worries aside and enjoy your new controller.
Absolutely all worries are brushed aside. Thanks again.

Yeah, it's worth noting that the NXOE app has a completely different set of curves to the version you get on the retail dash. GSY Miguel posted images of all of them a few pages back. The "Aggressive" curve looks like it might work well, but really they need to just hurry up and implement custom curves already.
Yeah, those curves in the NXOE are insane, and no doubt custom curvers would be very welcome.

So from all of the previous posts I understand that a small drift that happens when slightly nudging the right stick on the instant setting isn't a big problem. At least not worth sending back your controller for right?
This is 110% correct. It was not an earth shattering problem to begin with, just one of those little things once I noticed it, it bothered the hell out of me.
But it can be resolved by not using Instant and otherwise the controller is awesome. Definitely not a reason not to pick one up. Not a big problem at all, so get the controller and enjoy it!

Recharg3

has anyone used the elite controller with trigger devils? or has anyone any experience of using trigger devils? I just don't want to ruin my sticks with using with the residue left behind etc if I am not a fan of them.

Manac0r

Thanks to all who posted about the dead zone and instant setting. After posting and testing I have finally overcome my insistent testing and can enjoy my controller.

+1 Science

Willectro

Banned
The USB port on the controller is the weakest part for sure. Just doesn't plug in well and feels really weak. Too bad, as the included cable is great.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
someone here who ordered from amazon.de and is supposed to get the controller tomorrow?

because amazon.de has not shipped yet and well its getting late. I suppose I'm shit out of luck .__.

b0bbyJ03

Just a heads up to all the people that want to use their Elite controller on PS4 with the Cronusmax, at this time there is a known issue, RT registers both RT &LT when u press it. It only happens on the Elite model. My regular Xbox 1 controller still works perfectly. They know about the issue and are working on an update to fix it. They did offer a temporary script that pretty much fixes it tho. One thing that is great is that any profiles or button mappings u set up on the app still work on the PS4. Even the changes to the analog sticks. Made Destiny much more enjoyable for me.

shanafan

Just a heads up to all the people that want to use their Elite controller on PS4 with the Cronusmax, at this time there is a known issue, RT registers both RT &LT when u press it. It only happens on the Elite model. My regular Xbox 1 controller still works perfectly. They know about the issue and are working on an update to fix it. They did offer a temporary script that pretty much fixes it tho. One thing that is great is that any profiles or button mappings u set up on the app still work on the PS4. Even the changes to the analog sticks. Made Destiny much more enjoyable for me.

Good to know, thanks. I did hook it up to my PC with the CronusMAX and the device monitor seemed to work fine with PS4 button mapping. But, I didn't try it on the PS4.

Really starting to like the controller now but damn...I got sweaty hands using it and that leaves marks on the controller. Never happened with a standard controller.

bj00rn_

Banned
I just checked the pre-order that I made a couple of months ago and almost fell off my chair (not really..) when I saw that the delivery date now is january 2016..

Anyone from Norway here that have checked with the stores what the hell is going on with their importer and dates?

His post was really strange for this thread but I think the DS4 is way better than the standard xbox one controller in pretty much every way other than battery life. I have decided I am going to pick up an elite controller when I can get one because I really liked what I had used from a friends elite.
You think the triggers, thumb sticks and materials are better than the XB1 controller?

I have both, the ds4 is a lot better than the ds3,but it's too light and feels very very cheap.

Lothars

You think the triggers, thumb sticks and materials are better than the XB1 controller?

I have both, the ds4 is a lot better than the ds3,but it's too light and feels very very cheap.
yes without a doubt. I have both as well and it's a far superior controller to me.

Again I was impressed by what I tried of the Xbox one elite controller and I do think that it would be cool to see a elite version of the PS4 controller as well.

Justinh

If I have hair triggers on, what should be the sensitivity for the triggers in the app?

0151f300-fae6-45b0-8203-6df64bc5102d.png

raising the second number in each set to halfway seems to do it for me...

At least, the plasma pistol is chargeable again there. I haven't done much tinkering and finding the actual limit, though...
I've seen another poster say they got full pull with 70- or 80- something out of 100 (it goes 0-100 in NXOE).

Top Bottom