• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Elite Controller |OT| That's a paddlin'

Doffen

How'd you get it? Thought Norway wasn't getting it anytime soon/

So did I and everyone I asked. Yesterday I suddenly got a shipping notification and it arrived today. The store I pre-ordered it from still says January 2016 as their estimated date.

Yeah, just saw that. On Friday you get the controller and a game however. I just went in to my GS and gave them a little bit of a hard time about not giving me my free controller. They were pretty great about it and told me to wait till Friday and they would give me the controller and a game since that deal starts on Friday.

http://majornelson.com/2015/11/03/buy-any-xbox-one-bundle-and-get-an-additional-game-free/

Son-of-a-Bitch!!

Also why is no one talking about this? System plus controller plus any $59.99 game on BO3 weekend?! God damn MS swinging for the fences!

KTS2448

Quick question toward anyone who has ordered the Xbox one Elite controller on the microsoft store online

I see they did a "temp hold" on my card. Is this infact a "temp hold" or a "permanent hold" until it ships then it just charges?

I ask because I might take advantage of the Trade XBO in for $250 at gamestop then buy the elite bundle at 500 and get the free game/controller. Wondering if this hold will fall off before friday

DoT2

Just got mine today, super happy with it! Played some halo, and messed around with some configurations. Definitely feels like quality in your hands.

Got the Elite Bundle today.

The controller is money. Feels so damn good. Still trying to figure everything out and get a good set up going for Halo.

If anyone has any suggestions or doesn't mind sharing their setups, please post! I know everyone plays differently and has different play styles, but would still be cool to see what others are coming up with.

Yaari

The controller is money. Feels so damn good. Still trying to figure everything out and get a good set up going for Halo.

If anyone has any suggestions or doesn't mind sharing their setups, please post! I know everyone plays differently and has different play styles, but would still be cool to see what others are coming up with.

I asked previous page, had some replies. You might want to check it out too

forrest

formerly nacire

Does the elite bundle come with the controller case that holds the interchangeable parts?

Does the elite bundle come with the controller case that holds the interchangeable parts?

It does. That was a question I had also. It comes with the case, the cable, and a few sticks and d-pad. To me it looks complete minus the standard retail packaging it would come in.

Brigandier

Yay got an email off Amazon saying my controller has been delayed, even though when I ordered there was supposedly plenty left, Joy....

Back to waiting.

Woohoo....only 10 more hours to wait for this to release here in the Land Down Under.

Pumped to be picking up the Elite bundle at midnight tonight!!

Pachimari

When I take off the left analogue stick and move it up, it doesn't go back to its default location and instead is stuck. This only happens when I move it up without a stick attached.

Is this normal?

BizzyBum

Damn, this is indeed a sexy controller. The weight, the material, the customization, the app, the box itself, everything is just awesome.

Now the only thing that sucks is getting my muscle memory down using these paddles.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Started using my controller for the first time. Booted up MGSV and it took awhile to remember which buttons were assigned to which paddles during the heat of battle, but once I got used to it I never had to take my thumbs off the sticks. I will say though, one of my lower paddles isn't as tight as the other, so it presses in a little when I simply touch it. It's distracting me.

MizzouRah

I use the rounded stick on the left, tall on the right.

All four paddles, default controls, sensitivity 9 (in-game), standard curve in App Settings:
Top Left - Jump
Bottom Left - Crouch/ Slide
Top Right - Boost
Bottom Right - Grenade Switch

dankir

Was getting wrecked in Halo 5 MP (first Halo I've played since Halo 2) Went back to Titanfall which I've put a lot of time into.

it just feels so damn good, I basically never use the face buttons nor the bumpers for the most part.

Running on a wall, reloading and then aiming down sights without lifting my fingers off the controller is amazing. Fucking love this thing.

Anybody know if the chatpad will fit on this with the paddles on? I'll probably stick it on my regular X1 controller but just wondering.

Thanks

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I use the rounded stick on the left, tall on the right.

All four paddles, default controls, sensitivity 9 (in-game), standard curve in App Settings:
Top Left - Jump
Bottom Left - Crouch/ Slide
Top Right - Boost
Bottom Right - Grenade Switch

You're using the short convex stick on the left? Does it feel nicer to run a character around with?

Pachimari

How can you guys use the tall stick? Does it give more precision and are you already used to it?

It feels so awkward and uncomfortable to me, and I couldn't hit anything in Black Ops 2 with it.

Caayn

Fuck yeah!

tfIT00a.jpg
You betrayed your fellow Tier 2 brothers and sisters.

sTiTcH AU

http://majornelson.com/2015/11/03/buy-any-xbox-one-bundle-and-get-an-additional-game-free/

Son-of-a-Bitch!!

Also why is no one talking about this? System plus controller plus any $59.99 game on BO3 weekend?! God damn MS swinging for the fences!

Yep. All elite console buyers in Australia get BO3 free. Same with any Xbox one purchased get Fallout 4 free. Not sure if that's exclusive to EB games but getting really aggressive to get people to buy the system. I'll be getting my elite console in 3 hours.

Finally got around to playing this with GeoW last night.
Love it all over again. That being said I'm digging the long stick in the left and short on the right but haven't found good uses for the paddles for this game. Might just be me being rusty or not thinking enough about my options. I tried the preset loads out from the accessories app and didn't find the alt 2 set up very useful. Will try more options later tonight.

Also I didn't see much difference when having the hair triggers on while playing this game either. Anyone else feel the same?

I'm pretty excited to try this with CoD and more standard fps games.

Boston

Quick question toward anyone who has ordered the Xbox one Elite controller on the microsoft store online

I see they did a "temp hold" on my card. Is this infact a "temp hold" or a "permanent hold" until it ships then it just charges?

I ask because I might take advantage of the Trade XBO in for $250 at gamestop then buy the elite bundle at 500 and get the free game/controller. Wondering if this hold will fall off before friday

So you can get the Elite Bundle with black ops 3 at gamestop for $500 and they give you $250 credit if you trade in a used xbox1 with no connect? Where is the link for this? I might do it.

E92 M3

Could somebody who owns the controller already please comment on the analogue sticks' stiffness? I don't like how loose my (2014) Xbox One controllers feel, almost as loose as the old Dual Shocks.

I guess the stiffness doesn't change when the sticks are swapped out, so are the sticks closer to the old original Xbox One or closer or even stiffer than the ones from the good old 360 Pad?

The stiffness is the same, but you have 3 different types of sticks and the sensitivity can be adjusted.

a harpy

Son-of-a-Bitch!!

If you just picked up a console this week from Gamestop, call them and check with them. Mine is letting me bring the receipt in tomorrow to pick up whatever game I want.

I love this elite controller and it's seriously making me consider getting Blops 3 on Xbone instead of PS4.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Spend $200 to find out the trigger deadzones are still awful...

Awesome...

And before anyone even tries, yes every setting possible is maxed out. There is still about a 3mm deadzone at the end of the travel.

If you just picked up a console this week from Gamestop, call them and check with them. Mine is letting me bring the receipt in tomorrow to pick up whatever game I want.

I love this elite controller and it's seriously making me consider getting Blops 3 on Xbone instead of PS4.

I'll check it out
Seriously went from not getting BLOPS 3, to maybe getting it because of the controller, to Holy F*ck give me my free copy!!

That's seriously an aggressive push on MS part

a harpy

Spend $200 to find out the trigger deadzones are still awful...

Awesome...

And before anyone even tries, yes every setting possible is maxed out. There is still about a 3mm deadzone at the end of the travel.

It's still the same controller. It just has paddles, customize-able parts, and a higher quality shell.

I'll check it out
Seriously went from not getting BLOPS 3, to maybe getting it because of the controller, to Holy F*ck give me my free copy!!

That's seriously an aggressive push on MS part

Basically the same thing happened to me. I went from 'Blops 3 looks cool' to 'GONNA BE AT GAMESTOP WHEN THEY OPEN'. It's a very fucking cool promotion.

Basically the same thing happened to me. I went from 'Blops 3 looks cool to' 'GONNA BE AT GAMESTOP WHEN THEY OPEN'. It's a very fucking cool promotion.

Very nice for those that went the extra mile and put down money for the $500 console. All the other systems come bundled with a game of some kind but except this one. What great timing on all fronts.

But enough about that hows everyone digging their controllers?! Any suggestions on layouts for Gears?

Yaari

Hmm. So my left analog has this problem, when I move the stick you can hear this little mechanical clicking noise at times. It's not loud, but I hear it, and it annoys me. I'm not sure what I should do.

It does not hinder its performance but its annoying for sure.

Im still trying to figure out what I want the back paddles to be. I only did 1 to be grenade but I'm used to having RB grenade as it is so it's kind of worthless.

Maybe
Top Right boost.
Top Left Nade Switch Left
Bottom Left Nade Switch Right
Bottom Right ?

Somnia

Im still trying to figure out what I want the back paddles to be. I only did 1 to be grenade but I'm used to having RB grenade as it is so it's kind of worthless.

Maybe
Top Right boost.
Top Left Nade Switch Left
Bottom Left Nade Switch Right
Bottom Right ?

Jump?

FX-GMC

Do not use more than two paddles especially when starting out.

I used all four paddles starting out and I'm glad I did. Would hate to have to learn how to correctly hold the controller for two paddles, only to find that now I have to relearn with four paddles.

Top Bottom