• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Elite Controller |OT| That's a paddlin'

So what are you guys experience with the Battery Life so far? The batteries on my Elite just died... usually the Xbox One Controllers last me about 35-40 hours, The elite lasted me about 25 hours.

Anyone else experiencing shorter than usual Battery times on their Elite? Wouldn't surprise me if the paddles used a little extra power. Can't decide if I wanna keep putting batteries on this thing, or if I should upgrade it to an official play and charge kit. Definitely not going to use my current Third Party play and charge station on this baby. :p

charpunk

So what are you guys experience with the Battery Life so far? The batteries on my Elite just died... usually the Xbox One Controllers last me about 35-40 hours, The elite lasted me about 25 hours.

Anyone else experiencing shorter than usual Battery times on their Elite? Wouldn't surprise me if the paddles used a little extra power. Can't decide if I wanna keep putting batteries on this thing, or if I should upgrade it to an official play and charge kit. Definitely not going to use my current Third Party play and charge station on this baby. :p

Mine are still going strong, but I use the latest generation of eneloops and those damn things last forever.

LowSignal

I've been playing a lot of Halo 5 + but it seems to die faster with the play and charge kit or I'm forgetting to charge it when i'm done. Still happy with it

Special service for user Jesus_Christ_Almighty, everyone else please ignore.

We've got an Elite Xbox One Controller thread going - I swear, if Geralt shows up in it I think I'll have to hang myself.

eSDEMCz.jpg

Storm360

Has anyone who ordered at Amazon UK earlier today's controller been dispatched yet?

Normally things are dispatched same day... hopefully they actually have stock

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
got my xbox elite with my elite bundle ..
would never buy it for 150 bucks..

controller is hands down the best feeling controller i had ever.
(sorry madcatz fightstick TE)

The sticks feel fantastic
that was my number 1 worry.
it feels like an apple product.

but won't buy it for 150 buck tho

The Flash

Banned

Hmm. I don't believe you...

Melter

Regular Xbox Bundle = $350
Xbox One Elite Bundle = $500
---------
$150

Somnia

UGHHH

MS Store keeps randomly showing that it's in stock for pre-order, but everytime I go to order it it tells me it's no longer available :(

Boston

Would I be better off with a Scuff or an Elite controller? I often death grip the controller in intense gun fights, so it looks like the paddles on the elite would get in the way as opposed to the positioning on the scuff controller. But on the elite, it looks like if I take the big ones off and leave the small ones I will be alright. Which controller is better?

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Regular Xbox Bundle = $350
Xbox One Elite Bundle = $500
---------
$150

It's 399 euro for the regular bundle 1tb

and 450 euro for the elite bundle

also the elite bundle is this 1tb hybrid drive.

that is a 50 euro difference
for the elite controller and fusion drive thingy ;)

wow i did not now the elite bundle was 499 dollars for you bad deal man...

Pretty glad GameStop is giving away a free 3.5mm controller with purchase of any console. (Sorry to sound like an advertisement) picked up my elite bundle and have a bonus regular controller for everyday use.

Finally getting to game with thing!

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Amazon.de just wrote an email..they cancelled my pre-Order because they won't get any elite controllers ~_~

maybe I should go with scuf. but I won't be able to customise a scuf like I would with the elite and I read that they use cheap parts for the mods?

also I just can't spend 200€ for a controller

Hawk269

Pretty glad GameStop is giving away a free 3.5mm controller with purchase of any console. (Sorry to sound like an advertisement) picked up my elite bundle and have a bonus regular controller for everyday use.

Finally getting to game with thing!

Where did you get this deal (US or other Country)? I picked up my Elite Console, but nothing about a free controller.

I know it does not mean much, but I live in a small town and when I got my Elite Bundle, there was about 10 other people walking out with one as well. This store sold more Elite Bundles than Need for Speed. lol

Hawk269

forza-6-elite-controller.jpg

forza-6-controller-ford-gt.jpg

I'm glad I waited

With all my past systems, I normally would buy special edition controllers or alternate colors...I still do this with the Xbox One, but now with the Elite controller, $150.00 for a different color would be a lot to ask. I love the color of that controller, love the look of the paddles, the RT/LT and the Left Analog still look terrible. Who am I kidding, if they came out with a blue one that looks like that, I would get it. I would just switch out the Left Analog. lol.

Would I be better off with a Scuff or an Elite controller? I often death grip the controller in intense gun fights, so it looks like the paddles on the elite would get in the way as opposed to the positioning on the scuff controller. But on the elite, it looks like if I take the big ones off and leave the small ones I will be alright. Which controller is better?
I do death grip in intense gun fights as well and using the small paddles only and it works pretty well. It still needs some time to get used to, but it will work. I personally love the look of the elite. It looks so premium compared to the scuffs I have seen. (I never used a Scuff tho)

Where did you get this deal (US or other Country)? I picked up my Elite Console, but nothing about a free controller.

I know it does not mean much, but I live in a small town and when I got my Elite Bundle, there was about 10 other people walking out with one as well. This store sold more Elite Bundles than Need for Speed. lol

GameStop http://m.gamestop.com/browse/search?searchTerm=xb1controlleroffer

Forgive me I'm on mobile. But yeah until 11/08 any Xbox one console purchase comes with a free remote. Not sure if this is US only but works on the site and in store

Atkison04

Any idea when these might be showing back up on amazon (US) or Microsoft? I'd like to atleast get a pre order in for the next batch...

Or, is the uk version compatible with US xbox? Not sure if they are region compatible.

membran

Could somebody who owns the controller already please comment on the analogue sticks' stiffness? I don't like how loose my (2014) Xbox One controllers feel, almost as loose as the old Dual Shocks.

I guess the stiffness doesn't change when the sticks are swapped out, so are the sticks closer to the old original Xbox One or closer or even stiffer than the ones from the good old 360 Pad?

Atkison04

Such a tease. Controller became available at Microsoft long enough for me to get to the place my order screen, then it wouldn't let me process the order. So close! Is it bad that I've had my order screen up the last few hours hitting refresh in hopes that my order eeks thru?

Justinh

fuck that brembo trigger is so great. I want that controller so bad.

Me too, but they'd need to change the left thumbstick if they were actually going to sell it. It's pretty much unusable outside of Forza.

Such a tease. Controller became available at Microsoft long enough for me to get to the place my order screen, then it wouldn't let me process the order. So close! Is it bad that I've had my order screen up the last few hours hitting refresh in hopes that my order eeks thru?

That happened to me when it first popped back up. It was available again a couple days later and then I was able to get an order in.

Could somebody who owns the controller already please comment on the analogue sticks' stiffness?

The default sticks feels the same as other Xbox One sticks.

Hawk269

GameStop http://m.gamestop.com/browse/search?searchTerm=xb1controlleroffer

Forgive me I'm on mobile. But yeah until 11/08 any Xbox one console purchase comes with a free remote. Not sure if this is US only but works on the site and in store

Yeah, just saw that. On Friday you get the controller and a game however. I just went in to my GS and gave them a little bit of a hard time about not giving me my free controller. They were pretty great about it and told me to wait till Friday and they would give me the controller and a game since that deal starts on Friday.

For those of you that purchased the 1TB Xbox One Elite Bundle, does the elite controller come in the same packaging as if you were to buy it separately or just the controller like it normally would in a plastic bag or something?

Basically, I want to know if it comes with the carrying case?

Thanks!

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
For those of you that purchased the 1TB Xbox One Elite Bundle, does the elite controller come in the same packaging as if you were to buy it separately or just the controller like it normally would in a plastic bag or something?

Basically, I want to know if it comes with the carrying case?

Thanks!

Yes it does :)

I bought the Xbox One Elite bundle and I have the Elite Controller case, cable, everything :)

Yaari

Played a bit of Halo 5. I'm a scrub so it gives me little advantage. Lol.
Not sure what I should be placing on each paddle. Going to try the longer stick tomorrow. My aiming isn't all too great either anymore.

If anyone plays Halo with this, what is your paddle setup like?

Chorazin

Played a bit of Halo 5. I'm a scrub so it gives me little advantage. Lol.
Not sure what I should be placing on each paddle. Going to try the longer stick tomorrow. My aiming isn't all too great either anymore.

If anyone plays Halo with this, what is your paddle setup like?

Both sticks set to Aggressive, in-game sensitivity at 6. Using the tall sticks

Left top: Sprint
Left Bottom: Boost

Right top: Switch Weapon
Right Bottom: Jump

Yaari

Both sticks set to Aggressive, in-game sensitivity at 6. Using the tall sticks

Left top: Sprint
Left Bottom: Boost

Right top: Switch Weapon
Right Bottom: Jump

Cool. Thanks. Do you reserve the paddles? I have them the way they came with the game.

nOoblet16

After several trial and error I think I have come up with what I consider to be the most suitable mapping, atleast for me in Halo 5.

Here's my setup for Halo 5 specofically, it will also work well for people who don't use their left hand much as it attempts to minimise usage of left hand fingers.

Pick Default Controls in the game itself (Left is the original and right is what I set it to, in Xbox accessories they show the other way around i.e. if I write A to LB then that means I assign's A's function to LB. Which in xbox accessories shows up as
LB --> A)

1) Jump - Map A to LB
2) Use/Reload/Pickup - X to P3
3) Crouch - Right stick to P4 (allows you to move as well as aim while holding crouch)
4) Grenades - LB to P1
5) Boost - B to P2

Since you use default, sprint is assigned to Left stick and melle to RB. I think using paddles for crouch is better than the sticks as aiming while having the stick pressed is difficult). Default also means LT is aim which means it takes no time at all and very convenient to use mid air for the thrusters.

My movement accuracy and speed has increased tremendously with this new controller and this particular set up compared to the original controller with bumper jumper. I use 6 sensitivity with default curve.

Awakened

I opened the Xbox Accessories app on my PC today and there was a firmware update for the controller. I don't know what it did, but it's nice that you can update it on PC. The app itself updated as well; it's icon is blue and white to match most other Microsoft app icons and when you look at your profiles it shows which ones are saved to switch position 1 or 2.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I just bought the Elite console today. As someone who doesn't really want to upgrade to Win10, how useful are the extra features of this controller without the Win10 controller app?

Scuf. I am the same way but to a lesser extent and i STILL caused the paddles on the elite to go off. its my only personal gripe with the elite the paddles are far to sensitive. They should take as much pressure as scuf paddles to trigger then the controller would be much better. i would also pay 200+ If the elite had overhauled internals to prevent slow turn & such.

I used the scuf one since before titanfall came out and never had issues accidentally activating the paddles. after nearly 2 years of use i only had to send it in once to be fixed cause the bumper started acting wierd, but thats probably just regular controller fault that develops. The new scuf infinities are way better built though and have a new twist analog lock system.

I put in feedback that there would be demand for and hopefully they make a higher tier elite or simply a 2.0 that fixes all the problems with the current one. I sold my elite and used the money to have my 2014 scuf rebuilt into a scuf infinity. it will be here tomorrow =)

I wish mine was perfect. I hate the idea of having to send it away and hope for a flawless one to arrive in good time. I just hope the next one is perfect, because I can't return it to a store.

It's a great controller otherwise.

Top Bottom