• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Elite Controller |OT| That's a paddlin'

I used all four paddles starting out and I'm glad I did. Would hate to have to learn how to correctly hold the controller for two paddles, only to find that now I have to relearn with four paddles.

Hmm I was thinking of just using the two but this makes a lot of sense. Can I ask what are you currently playing that you're using up all the paddles?

MizzouRah

Im still trying to figure out what I want the back paddles to be. I only did 1 to be grenade but I'm used to having RB grenade as it is so it's kind of worthless.

Maybe
Top Right boost.
Top Left Nade Switch Left
Bottom Left Nade Switch Right
Bottom Right ?

Having double nade switches is unnecessary. A quick doubletap will cycle through the three types of grenades.

Demise

Received mine. God DAMN, best controller of the world. I only use the up "little" paddle for melee and sprint Halo 5 and that change everything on fish-stick configuration. The pad itself is sexy really.

Where can I shoot my saving by buying accessories for it ? Tell me now.

Crumbtiny

Been playing with mine for about a week now and yeah, it lives up to all the hype. It really does feel fantastic. I haven't had any problems adjusting to the paddles. Well, pressing them and holding the controller I mean. I played through the Halo 5 campaign and in the heat of battle i'd have to think about what was mapped to what. Otherwise it feels natural and I'm very satisfied with every aspect of it.

It feels like a premium piece of hardware though (it better, for that price!). I've messed with each of the joystiqs and they all feel pretty good. I was surprised by how much i liked the tallest ones actually.

I'll have to learn more about how tweaking the various settings affect my gameplay and which i prefer, but no complaints about it so far. Even the charged battery pack from my regular controller has lasted all week in it just fine.

Seriously excited to play through Blops 3 and get into the mp. It'll be fun to see what little conveniences the controller can used for when it comes to non-twitch shooter games like Divinity or Fallout.

Glad to hear most everyone is enjoying the thing!

Soooo, I am hoping someone can help me, please.

I've just plugged the Elite controller into my PC running Windows 10 and the PC detects it but it's continuously making the sound like when you plug something into the USB port. It connects really quickly and I can see it in devices but it's like it disconnects and reconnects constantly.

I'm on the Insider Preview, could that be the issue or am I missing something else?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Onikaan

Local game shop says they are getting a delivery of them in tomorrow. Won't hold my breath but I'm hoping to pick one up.

Grazzt

Just picked up mine, it's even better than I expected.
One problem tho, I have downloaded the xbox accessory app on my xbox one, and every time I tried to launch it, it said update needed, but somehow cant download the update at all...

One problem tho, I have downloaded the xbox accessory app on my xbox one, and every time I tried to launch it, it said update needed, but somehow cant download the update at all...

Yeah I'm getting the same thing even though I updated it 5mins earlier, this is in addition to my PC issue a couple posts up.

The XB1 tells me it could be a Live issue so maybe that's it.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess

Try deleting/reinstalling the app.

Also, try deleting saved data for it too if it's an option.

New002

Just want to come back in to say that I've really been enjoying by time with Halo 5, and I think a meaningful part of why is because of this controller. After getting used to the paddles they are a real game-changer and I no longer find myself fighting against against the controller. Same with the button mapping. By that I mean I don't feel limited or constrained by pre-set button configurations or grips (claw/half claw/etc). This controller is by no means cheap, and may not be worth it to many, but it has really...enriched?...my experience I guess.

Sounds kind of lame, but I think that's the best way to put it.

Justinh

I used all four paddles starting out and I'm glad I did. Would hate to have to learn how to correctly hold the controller for two paddles, only to find that now I have to relearn with four paddles.

I think I feel the same way. I wasn't interested in going through that weird "learning" period where you feel like you're fumbling around twice.

Outrun

I think I feel the same way. I wasn't interested in going through that weird "learning" period where you feel like you're fumbling around twice.

This.

Jump right in with the 4 paddles. I am getting better and better with my Halo 5 set up.

Left Top Paddle: Change weapon
Left Bottom Paddle: Reload
Right Top Paddle: Jump
Right Bottom Paddle: Boost

Justinh

Tried that twice. Still the same.
Someone told that this app is for NXE, so the old OS cant use it. Dunno if it's true.

Hopefully you figure out how to get it working. There appears to be two different versions of the Xbox Accessories app, as the one I'm using on NXOE looks different than pictures I've seen people posted using the retail dash.

The xbox accessory app is working fine for me without nxoe.

With the apps being different on the old dash vs the NXOE I am thinking that may be a problem. I originally installed the app on the NXOE console and when installing on the Elite console it's installing the same app from my list and I can't figure out how to get the old dash app.

The app opens and works fine on my old console running the NXOE but I get the error on my Elite console running the normal OS.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
With the apps being different on the old dash vs the NXOE I am thinking that may be a problem. I originally installed the app on the NXOE console and when installing on the Elite console it's installing the same app from my list and I can't figure out how to get the old dash app.

The app opens and works fine on my old console running the NXOE but I get the error on my Elite console running the normal OS.

I shouldn't have posted...

Just started getting the same problem now. Never used nxoe but I just got an "update" for the app (~122mb) and now I cannot get it to launch at all.

fuck you Murphy

man the xbox controller has to be the sexiest controller of all time, lol. I really want one of these but im going to need the right game for it before i go in.

Leyasu

Banned
Got mine yesterday. I'm loving it so far. It feels amazing in your hands. Still getting used to the paddles.

tuna_love

Banned
I just tried to install the app and it asked for an update that fails everytime. I'm not on the new dash or anything. Can you map buttons on PC and use same config on Xbox?

Snicky

I just tried to install the app and it asked for an update that fails everytime. I'm not on the new dash or anything. Can you map buttons on PC and use same config on Xbox?

Having the same problem, I'm on the old dash. Luckily, modifying your mapping on pc carries over to the Xbox when you resync the controller.

Kanhir

I got my Elite on Wednesday and I'm loving it. It feels so much more solid than the original controller (which was already a step up from the 360 pad - I can never use one again).

The only games I've tested are Witcher 3 and The Talos Principle (both PC). For these, I've mapped the shoulder/trigger buttons to the paddles - it's much quicker and more convenient, considering those buttons are so heavily used in those games.

My major issue is the Xbox Accessories app. It doesn't recognise an already-connected controller - I have to disconnect and reconnect the controller before it'll recognise it - and the connection keeps dropping when I'm using the wireless adapter.
(Ironically, Microsoft's official app is the only thing on my PC that has this problem with the controller over wireless - every game works perfectly fine.)

ekim

Forza-Ford-GT-Controller_Front-Back-940x493.jpg

http://news.xbox.com/2015/11/05/forza-motorsport-6-inspires-ford-gt-controller-concept/

Just a concept though :(

Chorazin

Just want to come back in to say that I've really been enjoying by time with Halo 5, and I think a meaningful part of why is because of this controller. After getting used to the paddles they are a real game-changer and I no longer find myself fighting against against the controller. Same with the button mapping. By that I mean I don't feel limited or constrained by pre-set button configurations or grips (claw/half claw/etc). This controller is by no means cheap, and may not be worth it to many, but it has really...enriched?...my experience I guess.

Sounds kind of lame, but I think that's the best way to put it.

I totally understand what you're saying man. I'm basing my holiday game purchases on this controller, because controlling most games on XBone will be so much better than on PS4.

Ugh I know, I'm getting sick of seeing this on every page.

Does anyone know if Best Buy will let you change the payment method on an order that you've made that hasn't been fulfilled yet? I ordered the Elite from them online last night and realized I have a $75 gift card to use from them.

I'm having trouble using the chat headset with my elite controller, it recognises being connected but the little circle in the party app doesn't light up and the other members can't hear me. Is it a hardware issue? It works fine on my Day One controller.

Chorazin

I'm having trouble using the chat headset with my elite controller, it recognises being connected but the little circle in the party app doesn't light up and the other members can't hear me. Is it a hardware issue? It works fine on my Day One controller.

Make sure it's pushed in ALL the way. If it is, then it's probably a hardware issue.

madmook

Does anyone know if Best Buy will let you change the payment method on an order that you've made that hasn't been fulfilled yet? I ordered the Elite from them online last night and realized I have a $75 gift card to use from them.
You'll have to call them to try, can't do it on their website.

Somnia

Got my elite system bundle last night. Traded in my xb1, the free game and free controller and had a $25 powerup coupon so paid $168 for it lol

Still adjusting to the paddles with FPS's.

Rolling with medium stick on the left and tall on the right. Then have the paddles set up for reload, jump, swap grenade and crouch right now, didn't mess with sensitivity stuff, etc.

I like it, but its going to take a bit to get use to the paddles!

I like how people are selling them 400$ now. How do you not make enough of this even though theres 15 million xbox owners, but never run out of games.

Top Bottom