• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Elite Controller |OT| That's a paddlin'

dankir

Anyone see this beauty yet? ;)
GU1hQsk.jpg

Totally trying that tonight!

Enordash

Cool, ill have a play around.

I think I just need to get used to it.

There is certainly a learning curve with it. You have to retrain your muscle memory. Sometimes when I needed to thrust in a panic (in Halo), I found myself reaching for B instead of using the paddle. Just give it some time for it to become natural. All in all, I'm incredibly satisfied with the controller.

Drain You

Anyone planning on getting the chatpad to use with this controller? Tried picking one up over the weekend but apparently it doesn't come out till the 17th. Hoping it still fits nicely in the carrying case with the chatpad attached. Chatpad+Elite Controller is literally my idea of a perfect controller.

I got the Xbox One Elite Bundle during the Gamestop deal they had. I absolutely LOVE the controller. Took a few hours to get used to the controller, but man it is great. I am using all four paddles and have the long stick on my right analog. Great job by Microsoft for making such an amazing controller.

Boston

I only use the top two small paddles. Top right is jump and top left is crouch, in both black ops and halo. Might switch mele to top left in halo though.

What does the smooth setting do? I have to check these out.

Pachimari

Guys, is it normal for the dpad to make a little clicking sound, when I don't even actually click it down?

It only happens when I do a movement with my thumb downward, again, without actually click the down arrow.

Chorazin

Anyone planning on getting the chatpad to use with this controller? Tried picking one up over the weekend but apparently it doesn't come out till the 17th. Hoping it still fits nicely in the carrying case with the chatpad attached. Chatpad+Elite Controller is literally my idea of a perfect controller.

I thought about getting that, but I realized I never enter text on my XBone.

Drain You

I thought about getting that, but I realized I never enter text on my XBone.

I send probably around 30 messages a week on my live account, plus I'll use it a lot with youtube/netflix/Internet explorer. Plus I believe I read somewhere that this time the chatpad will work with windows 10, so I should be able to find some uses for it on there.

_jnup

I just ordered one from Walmart. Just randomly checked their site and it was in stock. Unfortunately, it's out of stock now.

Can't wait to try this controller.

I just ordered one from Walmart. Just randomly checked their site and it was in stock. Unfortunately, it's out of stock now.

Can't wait to try this controller.

I love how they just didnt foresee the high demand, and this during the holiday season of all times.

sangreal

WAT.

they're sold out until spring? shut up.

crazy, but that is what it says:

Note on Availability:
Due to high customer demand, orders shipped from and sold by Amazon.com placed now are unlikely to be delivered until Spring 2016. Order now and we'll notify you by email when we have an estimated delivery date for this item. Orders will be fulfilled in the order in which they are received.

Orders shipped from and sold by Amazon.com placed between 12:53 PM PST on October 9th, 2015 and 3:30 PM PST on October 20th, 2015 will not arrive until mid December. We will notify you by email when we have an estimated delivery date for this item. Orders will be fulfilled in the order in which they were received.

That will be a placeholder date or one they are easily comfortable stating, not necessarily the first possible date. It's a completely new segment and the controller exceeded everyone's expectations- even at that price. Not surprised demand is so high but it was terra incognita for the segment.

does not sound like a placeholder at all

FX-GMC

Note on Availability:
Due to high customer demand, orders shipped from and sold by Amazon.com placed now are unlikely to be delivered until Spring 2016. Order now and we'll notify you by email when we have an estimated delivery date for this item. Orders will be fulfilled in the order in which they are received.

Orders shipped from and sold by Amazon.com placed between 12:53 PM PST on October 9th, 2015 and 3:30 PM PST on October 20th, 2015 will not arrive until mid December. We will notify you by email when we have an estimated delivery date for this item. Orders will be fulfilled in the order in which they were received.

Wow. Glad I got mine early. Crazy, indeed.

Got an elite bundle at GameStop over the weekend. Starting to get used to it. I've got halo and have just been using top two paddles for sprint and melee.

Any other setups to try? Also, I have no idea what all the other settings do. Any help with those? I also have been playing with hair lock triggers engaged.

Kama_1082

Banned
I'm absolutely loving this controller. I've been playing rise of the tomb raider and noticed that my thumb was getting a bit tired from right stick clicking searching for clues so I threw on the upper paddles and set the clicks for run and search to them and now I can game in comfort. So worth the money.

Drain You

I live really close to Best Buy/Target/Gamestop and have been checking if they have any in stock. If I see one I plan on picking it up to sell to someone who wants it on here. Just looking to cover shipping+cost of the controller. I'll let you guys know if I have any luck.

I live really close to Best Buy/Target/Gamestop and have been checking if they have any in stock. If I see one I plan on picking it up to sell to someone who wants it on here. Just looking to cover shipping+cost of the controller. I'll let you guys know if I have any luck.

I'd be more than down if you find one.

Mbrill82

CronusMAX has updated their firmware with official support of the Xbox Elite controller.

http://controllermax.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151231

I've been reading about this in the Cronus MAX thread and I have to say, I'm very interested in the Elite controller and as a PS4 owner this seems like a great option. Ok maybe not GREAT but...an option.

So I keep going back and forth on whether to buy this set-up or not. I could also use the Cronus MAX (I think?) to connect my PS3 arcade stick to an Xbox 360 so that would be a bonus. I've been meaning to pick up a used 360 and the CAVE games for years now, but I don't want to buy a 360 stick just for that. And I can't play shooters with a pad.

I'm moving and buying a car this week so my disposable income is taking a sizable hit...so maybe I should stay a way from gadget buying for awhile :(

shanafan

so, how does this work? can you still map a button to a paddle?

Definitely. If you have a Xbox One, you can use the Xbox Accessories app and adjust the configurations. Or, there is the same app for Windows 10. All the button combinations work, as well as the toggle switch in the middle to go between preset 1 and preset 2.

Being able to make Fallout 4 have sprint on a paddle is fantastic - clicking the stick to run in games was something I never was a fan of.

As well as the fact that jump is default Y in Fallout 4. I had to remap that quickly.

Lima

I've been reading about this in the Cronus MAX thread and I have to say, I'm very interested in the Elite controller and as a PS4 owner this seems like a great option. Ok maybe not GREAT but...an option.

Not great? This is the GOAT option. Dualshock is trash. I ordered one of these. The thought of playing Uncharted 4 with the Elite...I think I just got a little bit hard.

mjc

There's a local Gamestop that got one in from corporate for some reason, so I picked it up this morning. Awesome!!!!!

Chorazin

Being able to make Fallout 4 have sprint on a paddle is fantastic - clicking the stick to run in games was something I never was a fan of.

Yup, that's the first thing I did when I saw the controls. Mapped Sprint to Left Top and Crouch to Right Top (although I might change this to Jump....). Took off the bottom two and switched back to the default sticks.

Love how I can customize it per game so easily, both the software and the physical controller. So good!

Sai

I just realised the chat pad won't work with this.it completely blocks the area where the paddles are right?
No? Should fit in there just as the headset adapter does, and the headset adapter plugs in fine; doesn't get in the way of the paddles at all.

b0bbyJ03

So I've been using the elite on PS4 with the Cronusmax and I'm having a lot of trouble adjusting to the analog stick resistance (I bought the elite to use on PC and loved it so I wanted to use it on PS4 also). Due to two years of building muscle memory on the ds4 I've been overshooting close quarter encounters in BF4. Anyone else that typically switches between the DS4 and XB1 controller experience this?

AKJP

Banned
Totally love using this controller. Being using it for a couple of weeks now and it has made a big difference in my game play and I'm not even using the paddles yet. I am still going to use them but I am afraid I'll be tapping them unintentionally, so I'm gonna have to train myself to grip the controller differently which may take a while.

Top Bottom