• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Elite Controller |OT| That's a paddlin'

Sebtrt

Neo Member
One of my paddles is loose :( time to send my precious back to Microsoft. Hopefully the shortages don't mean it'll take a long time to receive a replacement.

Najaf

So after 24 hours of use (with Halo 5 and Blops time stamps informing me of such) I've settled into a layout I like.

Unfortunately, that layout for me is just one paddle. I use the small shape paddle and place it in the lower left socket. I also use the shortest stick on the left and the medium stick on the right. Every time I tried to place a paddle anywhere on the right side, I would get uncomfortable hand cramps. I also would get pain in my thumb/index finder area when using the tallest stick for an extended length of time. In my thirties, I'm not going to start messing with anything of the sort.

I use the paddle for the jump action and have slide/duck mapped to the right thumb stick. I truly wish I could get used to two paddles, but it appears that at least with the current paddle shapes, this wont be the case. I am somewhat hopeful that there will be third party alternative shapes that can plug into the slots. I think even having a micro paddle that acts more as a button that you need to "reach" for would be useful, especially if they bring the programmable button feature to allow capturing clips and screenshots.

I'm very pleased and happy with the purchase.

charpunk

Finally got around to trying the new Cronusmax firmware last night after finding my usb hub. Elite controller is now flawless on ps4. So happy they figured out how to solve for the authentication issues.

Being able to use this on my Xbox one, ps4, and pc is super rad.

b0bbyJ03

Finally got around to trying the new Cronusmax firmware last night after finding my usb hub. Elite controller is now flawless on ps4. So happy they figured out how to solve for the authentication issues.

Being able to use this on my Xbox one, ps4, and pc is super rad.

are you having trouble adjusting to the controller on ps4? I've been playing with the DS4 since release and I'm super sloppy with the elite when I play BF4 on PS4 with it. I'm assuming its a muscle memory problem. the sticks are a lot looser.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
I just noticed that the box for this looks almost exactly the same as the box for Heston Blumenthal's Waitrose Christmas pudding.

Premium indeed.

charpunk

are you having trouble adjusting to the controller on ps4? I've been playing with the DS4 since release and I'm super sloppy with the elite when I play BF4 on PS4 with it. I'm assuming its a muscle memory problem. the sticks are a lot looser.

I've been usin the convex sticks and haven't had that much of a problem. I haven't played an fps yet though.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Xbox Elite controller on PS4....so good.
Thx Cronusmax plus
dyzs9GP.jpg

Jinova

Neo Member
Just checked Gamestop's website, you can add the elite to cart and says "usually ships in 24 hours". I took a chance and ordered one and got order confirmation. Doesn't say when it will ship though.

Got my Elite Controller from my local Microsoft Store. I had a $0 pre-order confirmation on Monday and got it today for $150!

This thing doesn't even come with a play and charge kit? That's so stupid...but whatever.

Lima

Got my Elite Controller from my local Microsoft Store. I had a $0 pre-order confirmation on Monday and got it today for $150!

This thing doesn't even come with a play and charge kit? That's so stupid...but whatever.

Eneloops son. Would have put the play and charge kit right in the trash if one was included.

Azalean

Banned
I hope when my controller arrives it doesn't have any problems. Reading some of the posts in this thread where their controllers were having issues has me a little bit worried. Hopefully they ironed out all the kinks for the second batch of controllers.

Lima

I hope when my controller arrives it doesn't have any problems. Reading some of the posts in this thread where their controllers were having issues has me a little bit worried. Hopefully they ironed out all the kinks for the second batch of controllers.

It's a mass produced controller. This is not going to get any better or worse with another batch.

Out of the box buttons could be too loose or stiff, sticks could have drift issues or slow turn. The usual problems any Xbox controller can have out of the box.

Mine works fine but if I use the right trigger stop the trigger is not smooth anymore once it hits the stop. It gets stuck there a little and feels very awkward to press as a result. My A button is also very hard to press down.

Enough for me to replace it for such an expensive product but Amazon doesn't have any and Microsoft EU support absolutely sucks balls when it comes to controllers. I have to send it to Czech Republic on my own bill and wait like 2-3 weeks. Hell I don't even know if they can repair Elite controllers already. Bleh.

Just got the controller today!!!! Gamestop trade in 250 for my xbox one and got the elite. Any one have suggestions for a COD setup and halo 5!!!

With CronusMax how easy is it to switch between Xbox and PS4 in terms of the controller's sync?

I got one yesterday. I was up and running in 10 minutes using it on ps4. I was playing cod and realized that the options button default mapping is to share button. I need to figure out how to remap that.

I'm not sure what you meant by sync?

shanafan

With CronusMax how easy is it to switch between Xbox and PS4 in terms of the controller's sync?

Sure. Keep the Elite wired with the PS4 and the wireless sync will remain with the Xbox One.

So, wired setup with PS4 and wireless with Xbox One.

Xbox Elite controller on PS4....so good.
Thx Cronusmax plus
dyzs9GP.jpg

I picked up a wireless Windows 10 dongle for the Elite controller to do this:

http://controllermax.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151076

I don't know where to ask this so I figured I would ask here. Can anyone comments on the speed increase brought by the new elite system? I want the elite controller and if I trade my xb1 in I can get the whole elite system for an extra 250$, so an extra 100$ and I'm trying to figure out if that's worth it...

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I don't know where to ask this so I figured I would ask here. Can anyone comments on the speed increase brought by the new elite system? I want the elite controller and if I trade my xb1 in I can get the whole elite system for an extra 250$, so an extra 100$ and I'm trying to figure out if that's worth it...
I don't really notice much of a difference. Not enough to sway a decision one way or another. I did the upgrade for the increased size + controller.

UK Gaf, I have one reserved at Argos in London Victoria. Can be collected today.

If you can get to London today only, drop me a PM and I'll send you a reservatio number.

Flipside

I finally had some time to try out my Elite controller (and console) a bit more. The slight drift is indeed not noticeable when you don't use the instant setting. Overall the controller feels great.

However, I did find a small other annoyance. When pressing the left stick up or down, it makes a small click just before maxing it out (the final millimeter or so). You only notice it when gently moving the analogue stick. I read on the internet that some people also had this problem with the regular Xbox One controller and I was wondering if people here have noticed this on the Xbox One Elite controller too.

Is this a common problem for Xbox One (Elite) controllers? Or is this a manufacturing defect?

I really get annoyed with myself for noticing all these small things ;)

The Cowboy

Man, i can't believe how hard it is to get one of these in the UK (at least in Manchester), i finally gave up on my Steam Controller and sold it and went with a wireless adapter and an elite pad - and the elite is sold out everywhere (apart from via the dam scalpers that is).

Going with a Lunar White pad (this thing is gorgeous IMO) until the elite comes back in stock someplace, i never though I'd see the day I'd spend so much on a pad - but i want it so much :D.

I finally had some time to try out my Elite controller (and console) a bit more. The slight drift is indeed not noticeable when you don't use the instant setting. Overall the controller feels great.

However, I did find a small other annoyance. When pressing the left stick up or down, it makes a small click just before maxing it out (the final millimeter or so). You only notice it when gently moving the analogue stick. I read on the internet that some people also had this problem with the regular Xbox One controller and I was wondering if people here have noticed this on the Xbox One Elite controller too.

Is this a common problem for Xbox One (Elite) controllers? Or is this a manufacturing defect?

I really get annoyed with myself for noticing all these small things ;)

I got an elite bundle and my first one was bad and I immediately noticed that up and down click on the left thumb stick. I swapped it for a new one that is definitely better but I feel like I notice it a tiny bit in the 2nd one. Maybe it's in my head or I'm being anal. I'll prob pick up the controller itself when available in store again and try a 3rd one and decide which to keep.

Impulsor

Thinking about getting one of these, go tone pre-ordered (Europe). I'd like to know how to identify drifting, and also what other problems other people have been having.

Do the detachable palettes/sticks/dpad come off easily? Anybody had them fall off? I've read that these are very resistant to wear and tear, so I'm only worried anout the issues I'm asking about.

Flipside

I got an elite bundle and my first one was bad and I immediately noticed that up and down click on the left thumb stick. I swapped it for a new one that is definitely better but I feel like I notice it a tiny bit in the 2nd one. Maybe it's in my head or I'm being anal. I'll prob pick up the controller itself when available in store again and try a 3rd one and decide which to keep.

I'm also wondering if I'm being too nitpicky here. Swapping the controller is always a hassle. Now even more so because there's a supply shortage. It feels like a grain of sand that clicks before maxing out. Not hindering gameplay but definitely noticeable.

If any other Xbox One (Elite) users could post if they recognise this problem please let me know. If it's really common I might not opt for swapping it. If it's not common I probably will.

Do the detachable palettes/sticks/dpad come off easily? Anybody had them fall off?

I think the magnets feel really nice. Easy to pull the different detachable things off but they feel solid in place when they are on the controller.

Top Bottom