• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass General Discussion

IDappa

That's just your personal bias talking. I've been assured of that many times over by the mods. 😅

You only see it that way because you want to see it that way.
Are you being sarcastic Orr what?..

I honestly just enjoy gaming overall and have/will own all the systems past and present (still waiting on my PS5) , I just want some consistency from everyone. Which is why I don't post all that much I can't be bothered to converse with people who are being disingenuous.

Edit: reading back over you comment I'm pretty sure you are being sarcastic. It is quite apparent what side the mods lean towards on here. Unfortunately that's how it is I guess.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Are you being sarcastic Orr what?..

I honestly just enjoy gaming overall and have/will own all the systems past and present (still waiting on my PS5) , I just want some consistency from everyone. Which is why I don't post all that much I can't be bothered to converse with people who are being disingenuous.
No I've legitimately been told that by mods.

Not sure which one because it came in a post deletion notification.

Last edited:

IDappa

No I've legitimately been told that by mods.
Haha yeah I gathered that after I re read your comment. My mistake.

As I said in my edit it is very much apparent which way they lean. However I do not know if it is a case of the squeaky wheel or if they are genuinely biased. From what I have seen the most vocal on here are playstation users so maybe they just want to keep them happy?. I'm not sure.

Chukhopops

I had to get GPU to get my Series X, the day they restocked the only ones available were through all access. I have been on GP before a few times in the past and never found much I wanted to play but I've been a way a while so I was hoping it would be better this time but it's actually worse. I have to say up front that I play the games I want when they come out so maybe for a person who waits on the games their interested in their experience may be different but almost all of the games on this service are games I've never heard of and don't want to play, that or they are games I already own or games I owned at one time and traded in. Until MS starts releasing 1st party games on a regular basis this service is not worth anyone's money. Yeah if you want to just say "I have access to a bunch of games and I don't care what they are" yeah I guess it's worth it but I think most people if they are honest about it find themselves just browsing around and trying different things out for a while and then deleting them. It's a shame MS even made GP a thing before they had the content to make it worth subscribing to.
I like how you jump from your experience to « anyone’s money », everyone has different ways to buy and enjoy games. Your perspective is valid for you and maybe you’re not the target audience, but it makes no sense generalizing from it.

So why does this get its own thread.

And yet new releases to the service have been buried in this mega thread?. I am guessing only so called bad news threads are allowed to be posted outside.

That’s just the classic Xbox persecution complex of yours.

The front page has has new games coming to game pass each week now, you’re just choosing not to see it so you can bitch about it in here.

The mods were quite clear that new monthly announcements for new games can have their own thread, just like ps now etc.

By positive threads such as some random game journo website saying why game pass is amazing or some random gaf poster saying the same thing then no that borderline marketing can go straight in here. They were taking up the front page completely.

I’m sure next week someone else will be crying about the same thing though while choosing to ignore the game pass announcements in a separate thread.

Last edited:

Chukhopops

The front page has has new games coming to game pass each week now, you’re just choosing not to see it so you can bitch about it in here.

The mods were quite clear that new monthly announcements for new games can have their own thread, just like ps now etc.

By positive threads such as some random game journo website saying why game pass is amazing or some random gaf poster saying the same thing then no that borderline marketing can go straight in here. They were taking up the front page completely.

I’m sure next week someone else will be crying about the same thing though while choosing to ignore the game pass announcements in a separate thread.
Which category do you think the tom warren thread fits in:
- notable announcements?
- monthly releases?
Cause that’s the only two things normally allowed in the rules put in this very thread.

- notable announcements?
- monthly releases?
Cause that’s the only two things normally allowed in the rules put in this very thread.
Well a console warrior is definitely going to think that a journalists opinion that something makes or doesn't make money is a "notable announcement". Got to have some ammunition for the war

Of course, anyone who has paid attention to how you grow a subscription service is going to say, it's losing money?
Full House Eye Roll GIF

Kagey K

Banned
Well a console warrior is definitely going to think that a journalists opinion that something makes or doesn't make money is a "notable announcement". Got to have some ammunition for the war

Of course, anyone who has paid attention to how you grow a subscription service is going to say, it's losing money?
Full House Eye Roll GIF
It's funny how they are only "notable" or "journalists" when they say what you want to hear. Many ppl in that thread discredited Tom previously.

Last edited:

MonarchJT

Banned

it honestly hurts just loud fanboys like you that constantly report the threads and cry about it ...i hope Xbox users start reporting ppl like you more often to have a balancing effect so mods realize how bad this things can go. i did. re-ignored

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
it honestly hurts just loud fanboys like you that constantly report the threads and cry about it ...i hope Xbox users start reporting ppl like you more often to have a balancing effect so mods realize how bad this things can go. i did. re-ignored
Here's the thing most of the xbox fans have been successfully chased off this forum again.

You would think there are never any xbox fans, because they keep getting pushed away.

WHY?

Because they want to be somewhere that isn't actively hostile to them from the top down.

Last edited:

MonarchJT

Banned
Here's the thing most of the xbox fans have been successfully chased off this forum again.

You would think there are never any xbox fans, because they keep getting pushed away.
we all know he is one of the biggest Sony fanboy on the forum ..that guy insults everyday..just called an entire community suffering from persecution complex that we practically advertise too much gamepass.I don't even understand why people still value his words. report him and go ahead. I'm sure that with hundreds of report on the same person maybe someone will realize. I don't even know why he is not banned from a Xbox thread seen that he just spits everyday on everything Xbox and its users

Last edited:
- notable announcements?
- monthly releases?
I agree the Warren thread probably should have gone in here. I’m assuming it’s because he’s the Xbox poster child actually saying something bad about Xbox is why it got it’s own thread.

Regardless the poster I quoted was telling straight up lies about no news game announcements being allowed which I called out.

we all know he is one of the biggest Sony fanboy on the forum ..that guy insults everyday..just called an entire community suffering from persecution complex that we practically advertise too much gamepass.I don't even understand why people still value his words. report him and go ahead. I'm sure that with hundreds of report on the same person maybe someone will realize. I don't even know why he is not banned from a Xbox thread seen that he just spits everyday on everything Xbox and its users

You need medical help my friend. This what the 2 or 3 thread you’re telling other people to report me because I pointed out that all you do is constantly war and get banned for it?

Yes you ignored me, only to randomly unignore to then ignore me again.. clearly living free In your head now.

MonarchJT

Banned
I agree the Warren thread probably should have gone in here. I’m assuming it’s because he’s the Xbox poster child actually saying something bad about Xbox is why it got it’s own thread.

Regardless the poster I quoted was telling straight up lies about no news game announcements being allowed which I called out.

You need medical help my friend. This what the 2 or 3 thread you’re telling other people to report me because I pointed out that all you do is constantly war and get banned for it?

Yes you ignored me, only to randomly unignore to then ignore me again.. clearly living free In your head now.
insult more this only delineates you as a person. what are you doing in an Xbox thread other than insulting and crying on gamepass threads except to make the environment acidic and to war? look, everyone knows you
re-reported

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned

To be fair to his point, you are constantly in Xbox threads not talking about Xbox or insulting it.

Your opinion on things you have no experience with means very little, and you should realize that

Literally nobody is scouring the forums looking for what theHamburglar has to say about anything.

Last edited:
To be fair to his point, you are constantly in Xbox threads not talking about Xbox or insulting it.

Your opinion on things you have no experience with means very little, and you should realize that

No I’m not. I’ve posted in this thread talking about a specific game that tower game I’m waiting on. Oh do you think game comparisons are Xbox only threads? To imply I go into Xbox specific threads just to shit on Xbox you’re gonna need some receipts .

How about this one?

Done and next.

So as someone who has subscribed in the past and is waiting on a specific game I can’t talk about it? Calling out cry babies straight up lying about no new game announcements being allowed is insulting Xbox?

How exactly is Xbox being insulted by saying people playing the victim
Based on nonsense. Xbox isn’t being insult here. We’re done here.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
So as someone who has subscribed in the past and is waiting on a specific game I can’t talk about it? Calling out cry babies straight up lying about no new game announcements being allowed is insulting Xbox.

How exactly is Xbox being insulted by saying people playing the victim
Based on nonsense. Xbox isn’t being insult here. We’re done here.
Don't move the goal posts baby. You asked I answered. Now you look like a poor sport.

I didn't even pick the quote, you did. There are better from earlier in the thread. If you need reminding.

Or you can admit you trolled Xbox threads.

I kind of hope you go the denial route. It could be fun.

Last edited:
Don't move the goal posts baby. You asked I answered. Now you look like a poor sport.
No posts have been moved. You claim I go into ‘Xbox only threads and insult Xbox’ and you said I have insulted Xbox in this very thread.

This thread is about a service called gamepass and me in this every thread telling people to stop bitching about threads that actually do exist but doesn’t fit their narrative has nothing to do with Xbox.

You haven’t answered anything. You made a claim then proved nothing. Trolling Xbox and posting directly at users are two separate things.

Kagey K

Banned
No posts have been moved. You claim I go into ‘Xbox only threads and insult Xbox’ and you said I have insulted Xbox in this very thread.

This thread is about a service called gamepass and me in this every thread telling people to stop bitching about threads that actually do exist but doesn’t fit their narrative has nothing to do with Xbox.

You haven’t answered anything. You made a claim then proved nothing. Trolling Xbox and posting directly at users are two separate things.
I was kind of hoping you'd say that.

Yay

Let's see how many posts you edited recently compared to when they were posted. There is never a reason to edit a post months after you posted it

Last edited:
I was kind of hoping you'd say that.

Yay

Let's see how many posts you edited recently compared to when they were posted. There is never a reason to edit a post months after you posted it

Lmao. So you’re going to go through this thread and check if I’ve edited any months after?
Good luck you won’t find any because that would be sad 😂.
But not as sad as actually looking like you are now.

Kagey K

Banned
Lmao. So you’re going to go through this thread and check if I’ve edited any months after?
Good luck you won’t find any because that would be sad 😂.
But not as sad as actually looking like you are now.
Or claiming you don’t troll Xbox, while trolling them.

What else am I going to do? Play Returnal? 😅

Last edited:

BigLee74

To be fair to the mods, there are a LOT of hardcore Sony posters in that perm ban list. Some recognisable names were added recently!

But too many still remain - in my totally insignificant personal opinion - shitting up nearly every thread. Almost exclusively Sony fans too (although there are one or two Xbox posters that can’t bite their tongue either).

I myself am predominantly an Xbox player these days, but I’ve had my playstations, and will get the PS5. I just don’t see the need for anyone to crap all over another console for the sole purpose of doing it. What’s in it for them? Maybe they just enjoy the reactions?

Regardless, it’s certainly to the detriment of this forum.

Leyasu

Banned
To be fair to the mods, there are a LOT of hardcore Sony posters in that perm ban list. Some recognisable names were added recently!

But too many still remain - in my totally insignificant personal opinion - shitting up nearly every thread. Almost exclusively Sony fans too (although there are one or two Xbox posters that can’t bite their tongue either).

I myself am predominantly an Xbox player these days, but I’ve had my playstations, and will get the PS5. I just don’t see the need for anyone to crap all over another console for the sole purpose of doing it. What’s in it for them? Maybe they just enjoy the reactions?

Regardless, it’s certainly to the detriment of this forum.
Now that the politics forum has been nuked, you would have thought that the mods would have more time to moderate the gaming side.

Or claiming you don’t troll Xbox, while trolling them.

What else am I going to do? Play Returnal? 😅
The sad thing is all I did (today) was call out someone blatantly lying about threads and agreed that Warren thread should be in here. Yet I still had 3 of you jumping down my throat. That clown monarch can speak for himself. You don’t need to rush to his aid.

And your post makes no sense. Either show I’ve insulted Xbox in this thread like you claimed or be done with it.

Banjo64

cumsessed
They should have 2 Game Pass general discussion threads.

1 for the people who actually want to talk games, how good the service is, speculate on future games etc.

1 for the fucking sad posters who are littering this thread, who don’t own an Xbox or have shown an active dislike for the service and who came in to this thread to gloat when it was created.

IDappa

Did you miss the part where I said I play on all platforms?. I know it's hard to believe for somebody who loves lapping up shit from Sony but it is possible to enjoy all platforms and yet be critical of said platforms.

I pointed out a thread thread that is just a link to somebody's twitter shouldn't have its own thread. However I noticed that it is a negative towards Microsoft which is why it has been kept up for people such as yourself.

I honestly do not want to engage in a conversation if you are going to be disingenuous with your argument. I have seen multiple posts shut down that had more substance than a thread about a twitter post and if you haven't than you may want to open your eyes, however from following these forums for a while and reading your posts I suspect you will will just spew some shit and say stop crying or something along those lines.

They should have 2 Game Pass general discussion threads.

1 for the people who actually want to talk games, how good the service is, speculate on future games etc.

1 for the fucking sad posters who are littering this thread, who don’t own an Xbox or have shown an active dislike for the service and who came in to this thread to gloat when it was created.
and one for all the complaining about moderation which 50% of this thread is.
Did you miss the part where I said I play on all platforms?. I know it's hard to believe for somebody who loves lapping up shit from Sony but it is possible to enjoy all platforms and yet be critical of said platforms.

I pointed out a thread thread that is just a link to somebody's twitter shouldn't have its own thread. However I noticed that it is a negative towards Microsoft which is why it has been kept up for people such as yourself.

I honestly do not want to engage in a conversation if you are going to be disingenuous with your argument. I have seen multiple posts shut down that had more substance than a thread about a twitter post and if you haven't than you may want to open your eyes, however from following these forums for a while and reading your posts I suspect you will will just spew some shit and say stop crying or something along those lines.
"And yet new releases to the service have been buried in this mega thread"

They haven't

was created on monday.

regarding the warren thread, I already said it should be in here.

Last edited:

IDappa

and one for all the complaining about moderation which 50% of this thread is.

"And yet new releases to the service have been buried in this mega thread"

They haven't

was created on monday.

regarding the warren thread, I already said it should be in here.
So you are saying there hasn't been one gamepass topic locked after these new rules were brought in after all the Sony fan boys bitching?. Post 581 of this thread is complaining about such a thing happening?.

If you actually read what I had to say I asked for consistency throughout the forums including what gets posted here and what's is posted on the gaming front page. Some gamepass announcements get by and some are locked and then you have random gamepass concern threads squeaking through also. I don't mind having a mega thread for random discussion for the record.

Btw how am I a liar ?, if you have followed this issue even slightly you would of noticed such things happening.

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
With seemingly random moderation don’t see the point of this thread. Was a flawed idea from the start as the majority of so called Gamepass threads were people trying to brain storm a Sony version.

Game announcement threads get closed, yet flame war ones are left…

What’s the point?

No clear rules from the start was a clear sign of what was going on.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Yes, it's a conspiracy against MS by the secret cabal of Sony agents.

Wouldn’t say that, more like random rule enforcement. Clearly the OP had a different ideas that what it turned into. Yet even with outlined rules it still random.

If there isn’t a consensus of what belongs and doesn’t belong, what is the point?

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
When you assume malicious intent from someone, you'll see every action they take as a function of that malice.

Except there's no reason to think that about these circumstances. There was too much console warring going on in frivolous Game Pass threads taking up a substantial share of page 1 at any given time, so a moderator took action to try to address it.

Some members expressed legitimate concerns about how that was constructed from the outset, so I made some modifications and clarified the rules to be more in line with the general forum guidelines.

That satisfied most reasonable people. But now this thread is unusable because of a vocal minority of people insisting on crying and metacommentary about how the thread shouldn't exist, or how this thread is proof of bias, or whatever other nonsense.

People who continue along these lines will have their account nuked and we'll move on to have fun and engaging discussions about video games without you. I'll remake the thread for clarity and to get it back on track when I have a moment.

Murdoch

So I finally (started and) finished Alan Wake this week after it being on my 'to play' list for nigh on a decade.

Once I started I couldn't put it down. I must admit, technically it's held up pretty well. Especially to the AF improvements the BC programme brings to non enhanced games.

Now for the other 20+ games on my gamespass wishlist to tackle...

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Wouldn’t say that, more like random rule enforcement. Clearly the OP had a different ideas that what it turned into. Yet even with outlined rules it still random.

If there isn’t a consensus of what belongs and doesn’t belong, what is the point?
I'll clarify examples of threads that make sense to allow -- on a positive note -- when this thread is remade.

Bridges

Vognerful

Downloading FIFA 21. This is the second FIFA game I had since 2015 and I am pleased to see that it is for next gen. Is the career mode good?

Gatox

Banned
That satisfied most reasonable people. But now this thread is unusable because of a vocal minority of people insisting on crying and metacommentary about how the thread shouldn't exist, or how this thread is proof of bias, or whatever other
And that's the only reason you think it's unusable?

cormack12

Gold Member
Downloading FIFA 21. This is the second FIFA game I had since 2015 and I am pleased to see that it is for next gen. Is the career mode good?

Just standard from what I can remember - there's no 'The Journey' continuation if that's what you mean. Pretty much everything is FUT. The extra celebrations and atmosphere are nice touches but after abour 12-15 hours you get the same old feelings. Volta is worth trying, I hated it but actually became my favourite mode after levelling up. But the matchmaking for drop-in is terrible - gamepass might help with it though.

Vognerful

Just standard from what I can remember - there's no 'The Journey' continuation if that's what you mean. Pretty much everything is FUT. The extra celebrations and atmosphere are nice touches but after abour 12-15 hours you get the same old feelings. Volta is worth trying, I hated it but actually became my favourite mode after levelling up. But the matchmaking for drop-in is terrible - gamepass might help with it though.
I am more interested in the club management mode. Similar to master league on PES.

i have bought Xbox series s + 8tb cold storage for my nephew for Xmas, added him to my family on Xbox and I am sharing my gpu with him (he is another country), he clocks around 40-50h/week playing various games and since Xmas he didn’t buy any new game. So you state that that “this service is not worth anyone's money” is quite a stretch. I myself would probably never played outriders, Octopath traveller, wreckfest etc. if not for gamepass. you shouldn’t generalise like that, I for one, play on pc and Xbox, also testing xCloud and gpu is massive value for me. And I never was bothered with the $1 conversion trick, I pay full price since gpu launched as I see value in this.
That's totally fine, glad you enjoy it and that your nephew gets to play games for free (since you pay) nice uncle. My feelings on those games you mentioned don't matter because you like them but I will say I played outriders and hated it, no fun at all and wreckfest is the "free" game on PS+ this month with next gen upgrades too, octopath doesn't interest me at all but I'm glad you enjoy it. So yes maybe I was a bit harsh when saying it wasn't worth anyone's money but I still think the value so many xbox fans claim that GP has is very subjective, maybe once MS starts releasing games on a regular basis (and they are good) I'll change my mind but right now looking through GP is basically like channel surfing when there is nothing I want to watch on tv.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
When you assume malicious intent from someone, you'll see every action they take as a function of that malice.

Except there's no reason to think that about these circumstances. There was too much console warring going on in frivolous Game Pass threads taking up a substantial share of page 1 at any given time, so a moderator took action to try to address it.

Some members expressed legitimate concerns about how that was constructed from the outset, so I made some modifications and clarified the rules to be more in line with the general forum guidelines.

That satisfied most reasonable people. But now this thread is unusable because of a vocal minority of people insisting on crying and metacommentary about how the thread shouldn't exist, or how this thread is proof of bias, or whatever other nonsense.

People who continue along these lines will have their account nuked and we'll move on to have fun and engaging discussions about video games without you. I'll remake the thread for clarity and to get it back on track when I have a moment.

I dont think this thread has anything to do with bias in the part of the mods. But I do think instead of fixing the problem it created an inverse problem. Has there ever been any talk of separate subforums/topics?
Ie Pc/xbox/sony/Nintendo?

Top Bottom