• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass General Discussion

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
here I was thinking this thread was here to discuss the positives of gamepass, like new releases etc and it looks to be full of a load of negative shit haha. Jumping on dragon quest builders 2 soon. Anyone who hasn’t tried it should really give it a go. Incredible game.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Has anyone tried Second Extinction on Xbox or PC Gamepass?

It's ok, the dino's are actually cool. It's a bit janky in parts but you see the improvements over time. There's a lot to do, matchmaking has been decent. There's not a whole lot to upgrade and needing to farm resources rather than XP is a bit weird. It's tough solo, especially the extractions. There's an OT for it. But like most people in these threads complainnig about gamepass threads, none of them actually participate in the game threads.

Second Extinction
The Falconeer
Knockout City doesn't even have an OT
The Dragon Quest Builders 2 OT hasn't been posted in either.

The reality is most people bitching in this thread only want to post gamepass threads to flood the first page and get one up on the Sony contingent. If they actually cared about the games and shit, they would be posting in the actual games threads as well/due to lack of. It was as bad as the period where the SSD threads were everywhere and started getting locked - and the reason this thread is such a mess because they people use it to bitch. It's like a self fulfilling prophecy. Spam first page with gamepass threads and topic, meaning we get a dedicated threads for nothing that isn't blockbuster. Then in the dedicated thread, shit it up with whining which means it's no longer a chronological news source each day. Own worst enemies. No one is bothering their asses to make the monthly threads either for news. Like I said before, I can understand why it was closed - such big news that no-one is actually talking about the game or making a threads about the games.

"Game Pass is its own platform, not a delivery system as Mods have suggested here.

Gamepass isn't a platform. It's a service that's acessible from many platforms. It's like saying Prime is a platform, or iPlayer.

WakeTheWolf

This thread is absolutely terrible for finding out GamePass news, or even if there is GamePass news.

I don’t have time to read all the other stuff in here just to find out if there is any news. I just spent twenty minutes reading discussions about whether this thread is needed, people moaning about GamePass, discussion about whether it’s profitable or not etc. All to see if any actual news was buried in here. (Answer: it wasn’t)

Mods, Evilore, please consider changing these rules! They are making NeoGAF much less useful.

Discussions about GamePass are fine in here for those that want to read/war, actual news just gets buried.
I agree the sony fanboys just can't leave it alone

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Just found out about a game called Rivals of Aether, a sprite based Smash clone. Actually looks really good and like it would be perfect for Game Pass. Ori is in the roster so it’s a shame MS haven’t sorted something out.

Batiman

Banned
Just found out about a game called Rivals of Aether, a sprite based Smash clone. Actually looks really good and like it would be perfect for Game Pass. Ori is in the roster so it’s a shame MS haven’t sorted something out.
It’s honestly not as fun as it looks. I was pretty hyped for it and when it came on GWG I barely played it. It’s not bad but it gets old really quick

Schmick

Take with a HUGE pile of salt. If true my butt hurts, I got RE2R and RE3 on a ps sale.

Well... FIFA 21 has been confirmed. I thought there was something between Sony and Capcom about releasing RE: Village on Gamepass I.e. its not allow to happen.

Edit: I completely misread the post. I read including re: Village. My bad.

Last edited:

j0hnnix

Well... FIFA 21 has been confirmed. I thought there was something between Sony and Capcom about releasing RE: Village on Gamepass I.e. its not allow to happen.
Yup, Sony was smart. Question will be is that contract timed and might eventually be released 1 year or 2 down the line.

Sleepwalker

Maybe Capcom made this deal known to Sony and thats why they secured the "no gamepass" exclusivity for RE8. Either way it would be awesome if they come as I havent played the remakes yet. Did buy the re2 but skipped 3

j0hnnix

Maybe Capcom made this deal known to Sony and thats why they secured the "no gamepass" exclusivity for RE8. Either way it would be awesome if they come as I havent played the remakes yet. Did buy the re2 but skipped 3
I haven't even started or opened the re2 remakes and RE3 purchases on playstation, curious if I can refund.

edit* 14 day policy. oh well.

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

I haven't even started or opened the re2 remakes and RE3 purchases on playstation, curious if I can refund.
Yeah I haven't started RE2 at all but we are SOL. Sony refuses refunds once you download your games if they are digital, you don't even have to open them for it to be "non refundable"

Perrott

Take with a HUGE pile of salt. If true my butt hurts, I got RE2R and RE3 on a ps sale.

I hope it's not true, as I'd only be interested in Stardew Valley because I don't enjoy playing RE-type of games on PC.

Has the Untitled Goose Game ever been on PC Game Pass? Because I'd absolutely love to play that and also Fallout 3/New Vegas (surprised they aren't on the service already).

Last edited:
Well, looks at my recent purchase of RE2 remake....

Meme Reaction GIF

Seriously, would be a great get. I might give RE4 & 5 another go if they put those on there.

Last edited:

j0hnnix

There are seven different Returnal threads on the front page currently… /shrug

(wouldn’t bother me at all without the double standard btw)
yeah, it's a bit much but I guess I understand the excitement for Sony fans to get a game. Im hoping Biomutant gets the same enthusiasm if it reviews good, only game in May I'm excited for that's not RE related or attached to exclusivities.

sainraja

The Classic Adventure Comes to Xbox Game Pass. A psychic adventure from the mind of Tim Schafer. Psychonauts follows the story of a young psychic named Razputin. Explore the fantastic realm of the inner mind- Join the Psychonauts and Get Psyched for Psychonauts 2 Coming Later This Year!

Heh, I might be able to give this game another go!

Chukhopops

TW_Available-Today_Coming-Soon_May3_16x9-02.jpg

Surpised about full (DLC included) version of Just Cause 4, which base game left like a year ago. Maybe 60FPS incoming?
Pretty good half month selection, always wanted to try Psychonauts.

Also FFX is amazing, my favorite PS2 game. Amazing story and the postgame content is probably the best of any mainline FF.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
DateGamePlatform
May 4Dragon Quest Builders 2Console, PC
May 6FIFA 21 (EA Play)Console, PC
May 6Outlast 2Console, PC, Cloud
May 6SteepConsole, Cloud
May 13Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD RemasterConsole, PC
May 13Just Cause 4: ReloadedConsole, PC, Cloud
May 13PsychonautsConsole, PC, Cloud
May 13Red Dead OnlineConsole, Cloud
May 13Remnant: From the AshesPC

cormack12

Gold Member
Resi rumour is good, steep and jc4 are games I never bought but looked fun to play with (for different reasons). Psychonauys is a meh for me personally. RDO is on the PS5 where my group is. Outlast I played years ago. That FF nah. FIFA21 I got on the PS sale so had my fill too. DQB2 looks kinda OK but I have too many games going on to make that tryout right now

Bridges

The Classic Adventure Comes to Xbox Game Pass. A psychic adventure from the mind of Tim Schafer. Psychonauts follows the story of a young psychic named Razputin. Explore the fantastic realm of the inner mind- Join the Psychonauts and Get Psyched for Psychonauts 2 Coming Later This Year!

Finally, I was wondering when this would be happening. I've had this in the Steam backlog for ages but maybe now I'll finally get around to it.

So it's a new port instead of the Xbox version?
Curious about this too, I figured maybe the reason it was taking so long was so they could make a new version. Hard to tell from the trailer either way, but it'd be nice to get some achievements for it.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Finally, I was wondering when this would be happening. I've had this in the Steam backlog for ages but maybe now I'll finally get around to it.

Curious about this too, I figured maybe the reason it was taking so long was so they could make a new version. Hard to tell from the trailer either way, but it'd be nice to get some achievements for it.
Difficult to tell, Xbox games at 1440p/4k actually hold up very well.

P6xhsWe.png

knvGyvX.png

saintjules

Gold Member

Edit: I completely misread the post. I read including re: Village. My bad.

I initially read 'including' too, haha. Well Sony was all over the recent showcase, so I knew to calm down on it coming to GP.

Just a heads up for Game Pass players. Some good games are being taken off the service. So, if you want to play these, better get started asap.

The following games will leave the Game Pass library on May 15:
  • Alan Wake (Console, PC)
  • Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 (PC)
  • Dungeon of the Endless (Cloud, Console, PC)
  • Final Fantasy IX (Console, PC)
  • Hotline Miami (PC)
  • Plebby Quest: The Crusades (PC)

Remedy have taked back the ip recently if i remember..some years ago.. before was an ms ip
Remedy got it back and released the PC port. It was exclusive to the 360 for a number of years though.

Alan Wake and Hotline: Miami are both worth purchasing if someone is on the fence.

Last edited:
Top Bottom