• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass General Discussion

GHG

Anyone played this game care to share their experiences?

It's an open world survival/crafting game.

If you like games like Valheim, Ark, rust, etc then you'll probably like this.

Be warned though, the PvP can be quite aggressive, so you can return after some time away and find your base destroyed so I'd suggest playing on PvE if you don't have the stomach for that kind of experience.

Got it a while ago on humble monthly but it didn't grip me for an extended period of time, no matter how many times I try I struggle to get into games like this.

Last edited:

IDappa

When you assume malicious intent from someone, you'll see every action they take as a function of that malice.

Except there's no reason to think that about these circumstances. There was too much console warring going on in frivolous Game Pass threads taking up a substantial share of page 1 at any given time, so a moderator took action to try to address it.

Some members expressed legitimate concerns about how that was constructed from the outset, so I made some modifications and clarified the rules to be more in line with the general forum guidelines.

That satisfied most reasonable people. But now this thread is unusable because of a vocal minority of people insisting on crying and metacommentary about how the thread shouldn't exist, or how this thread is proof of bias, or whatever other nonsense.

People who continue along these lines will have their account nuked and we'll move on to have fun and engaging discussions about video games without you. I'll remake the thread for clarity and to get it back on track when I have a moment.
I understand the need for a general discussion thread for people to talk about their gamepass experiences whether they be good or bad which definitely has cut back on non Inormative topics.

However you have to see it from the perspective of some here. They create threads about new releases which then get trolled by Sony fans and then the conclusion was to limit xbox topics?. I understand new releases are ment to be okay to be posted again however the consistency of what has been allowed and not is still up in the air.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
TW_Available-Today_Coming-Soon_May3_16x9-02.jpg

Surpised about full (DLC included) version of Just Cause 4, which base game left like a year ago. Maybe 60FPS incoming?
Final Fantasy X on PC? Oh snap son. I have it for PS3 via backwards compatibility but then bought my PS4 and just never got around to pulling big mama out of the closet to play it. Definitely giving this a shot on PC. Remnant I basically beat on Xbox, but I wouldn't mind going through again on PC. Especially for "Free"

Good Haul this month.

Kagey K

Banned
I understand the need for a general discussion thread for people to talk about their gamepass experiences whether they be good or bad which definitely has cut back on non Inormative topics.

However you have to see it from the perspective of some here. They create threads about new releases which then get trolled by Sony fans and then the conclusion was to limit xbox topics?. I understand new releases are ment to be okay to be posted again however the consistency of what has been allowed and not is still up in the air.
The fact that that the OP was made with no love or care doesn't help that the thread didn't start on the right foot.

It's basically fuck you, everything about gamepass goes here now.

How can you create an OT that people are supposed to accept off of that opening?

IDappa

The fact that that the OP was made with no love or care doesn't help that the thread didn't start on the right foot.

It's basically fuck you, everything about gamepass goes here now.

How can you create an OT that people are supposed to accept off of that opening?
It did seem very thrown together haphazardly at the time which I think contributes to the consistency problems we are seeing.

Are we sure the window is a year? Was really looking forward to Deathloop on Xbox. I guess I can just play it on PC until it hits Xbox.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Are we sure the window is a year? Was really looking forward to Deathloop on Xbox. I guess I can just play it on PC until it hits Xbox.
DEATHLOOP will launch on console exclusively for PlayStation 5 in Q2, 2021, and will run at 4K/60FPS at launch. DEATHLOOP will also be launching on PC at the same time. (Console exclusivity is for a limited time. Not available on other consoles until one year after release date.)
Can’t find the Bathesda link for Ghostwire but Phil Spencer confirmed timed exclusivity and everywhere is reporting the same 12 month term as Deathloop.

Sony’s own trailer also says ‘timed console exclusive’ but doesn’t state the time.

Jemm

Xbox Game Pass Helps European Gamers Stay Connected - Xbox Wire

Based on the responses in the survey around half (53%) of gamers in Europe play multiplayer games online at least once a week. Meanwhile, we’ve seen from our own data that having a shared library of games across devices is particularly special for our members and when we look at this in the context of the research, this figure increases for Xbox Game Pass members. Xbox Game Pass members according to this research are more social and engaged with different types of gaming overall and are significantly more likely to play multiplayer games online (17% more likely) as well as playing games online with both family (19% more likely) and friends (18% more likely).

ToTTenTranz

Banned

I'd be interested in seeing the survey itself.

They mention an increase of ~30-45% of likelihood of playing multiplayer games with friends and family, compared to people with no gaming subscription at all.

However, doesn't the Xbox require a gaming subscription to play multiplayer games anyway? If you need plus, gamepass or gold to play online games at all, then isn't this increase just related to the fact that people with consoles can't play online unless they have some sort of gaming subscription?

reksveks

I'd be interested in seeing the survey itself.

They mention an increase of ~30-45% of likelihood of playing multiplayer games with friends and family, compared to people with no gaming subscription at all.

However, doesn't the Xbox require a gaming subscription to play multiplayer games anyway? If you need plus, gamepass or gold to play online games at all, then isn't this increase just related to the fact that people with consoles can't play online unless they have some sort of gaming subscription?
I assume that the survey audience is more than just Xbox or at least that's what I thought when I saw the total game subscriber number of 83%.

ToTTenTranz

Banned
I assume that the survey audience is more than just Xbox or at least that's what I thought when I saw the total game subscriber number of 83%.
Yes, but they're putting all PC + Xbox + PS + Nintendo gamers in there, including the console gamers who don't pay for a subscription therefore wouldn't play online games with their family / friends anyway.

How would those numbers compare to people with Gold, for example? Or compared to people with Plus?

Obviously, sharing a library of games is contributing positively to their statistics but those numbers aren't telling us how much, as the people who don't meet the requirements to play online games are pushing the non-gamepass numbers down.

Magic Carpet

Gold Member
Downloaded the dino hunter game second extinction.
I've got an issue with games that want me to log into somewhere else. I really don't want to bother.
Why can't they just use my xbox live info. Why can't I login using xbox? I'm on a xbox machine. I'm using an xbox gamepass service.
I'm also deleting the game. You wasted your money xbox. Don't put these kinds of things on your paid for service.
Or am I looking at this all wrong and I'm being a jerk?

sainraja

I've got an issue with games that want me to log into somewhere else. I really don't want to bother.
Why can't they just use my xbox live info. Why can't I login using xbox? I'm on a xbox machine. I'm using an xbox gamepass service.
I'm also deleting the game. You wasted your money xbox. Don't put these kinds of things on your paid for service.
Yeah, I thought that was an odd requirement. I went through with it anyway though lol. My problem with the game were its controls - they are too loose. Not sure how else to describe them.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Yeah, I thought that was an odd requirement. I went through with it anyway though lol. My problem with the game were its controls - they are too loose. Not sure how else to describe them.
I'm with you. Controls are absolute trash. I tried correcting this through settings, but nothing I did improved them much.

reksveks

if it going to be crossplay/platform then yes, you are kinda wrong unfortunately. I don't know if it's a requirement for crossplay with Steam players but assuming that's the case.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I'm really shocked about how GP has changed me as a person. The value is so shockingly good that I haven't purchased a game in ages. Why would I with this much quality gaming for a low monthly fee.

And it's only going to get better with some really heavy hitters coming in the next few years.

GP has changed me so much that I'm starting to feel like I'll never purchase a full price game ever again. Sounds crazy saying that considering a few years ago I was a pure physical only guy, but now it's GP or bust. Basically, if a third party releases a AAA title, that game won't be getting my time unless it's on GP on day one.

Basically, I really want all third party AAA titles to be released day one on GP. Hopefully that'll be a reality soon.

The funny thing about Game Pass is that for me, it has significantly changed how I purchase and play games. There will eventually be some rare exceptions however, but for the most part I'm OK with consuming games solely through game pass.

I haven't purchased a game since I bought my Series S on launch day. And a lot of games I planned on buying at one point ended up on Game Pass after some time.

Last edited:
Will be nice next year when the PS timed exclusivity ends on Ghostwire and Deathloop, should be two big drops on Game Pass. Looking forward to playing both of these;

Those are both slated to release simultaneously on Playstation 5 and PC, so they might be on PC Gamepass on day one. I haven't seen anything either confirming or denying that though.

When you assume malicious intent from someone, you'll see every action they take as a function of that malice.

Except there's no reason to think that about these circumstances. There was too much console warring going on in frivolous Game Pass threads taking up a substantial share of page 1 at any given time, so a moderator took action to try to address it.

Some members expressed legitimate concerns about how that was constructed from the outset, so I made some modifications and clarified the rules to be more in line with the general forum guidelines.

That satisfied most reasonable people. But now this thread is unusable because of a vocal minority of people insisting on crying and metacommentary about how the thread shouldn't exist, or how this thread is proof of bias, or whatever other nonsense.

People who continue along these lines will have their account nuked and we'll move on to have fun and engaging discussions about video games without you. I'll remake the thread for clarity and to get it back on track when I have a moment.

Absolutely agree this thread is unusable. I've definitely visited and posted way less since this change was made, although I absolutely agree with the reason it was done... But it should be revisited IMO - did we ever get an answer on why the Dragon Quest Builders thread was locked? As that seemed like it should have been allowed? And it is weird that threads making Gamepass look bad survive the cull, but probably just a quirk.

This place will only be great again when the warrior problem is resolved, but I don't think this was a good solution. A decent try, but it didn't work.

Estocolmo

Thinking about buying AC Origins which is on sale but, I’m not planing on playing it right now, so I wonder if you guys think this game or Ubisoft connect will come to game pass?

Last edited:

MadPanda

Banned
Thinking about buying AC Origins which is on sale but, I’m not planing on playing it right now, so I wonder if you guys think this game or Ubisoft connect will come to game pass?
That game is often on sale so if you're not going to play it right now I'd delay the purchase. There were some rumors about ubisoft on gamepass so we'll see. Maybe they announce it at E3?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Steep has come to Xbox Game Pass, bringing a massive open world to explore with skis, wingsuits, snowboards, paragliders and more. Join the Ubisoft News team as they play on Xbox Series X, cutting serene lines through powder-filled forests, racing at breakneck speeds in a variety of events, and attempting daredevil stunts that will probably go absolutely awry.

reksveks

New game coming to gamepass day one

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
im gonna try Psychonauts for the first time later.

i kinda wish there was a GamePass podcast or website or something. So i could hear about and learn about all those games i see that i never bother to download. I feel like i could be missing out on good stuff. Like wtf is Carrion? and the other myriad of games on there i know nothing about.

another thought. So is it just a given that none of the Xbox games will ever leave GamePass? Like Halo/Gears...these bethesda games. They will always be there? Or should i finally finish Outerworlds since it could theoretically go away.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

i kinda wish there was a GamePass podcast or website or something. So i could hear about and learn about all those games i see that i never bother to download. I feel like i could be missing out on good stuff. Like wtf is Carrion? and the other myriad of games on there i know nothing about.

another thought. So is it just a given that none of the Xbox games will ever leave GamePass? Like Halo/Gears...these bethesda games. They will always be there? Or should i finally finish Outerworlds since it could theoretically go away.
Nikana Nikana had one but I don't think he posts here anymore

😉

Vestal

New game coming to gamepass day one
Me and my buddy were prepared to buy it Day 1.. I guess all thats left to say is.....

QNljuT4.gif

reksveks

Outerworlds I would play first, think theoretically it could go away which reminds me that I need to go back and finish the dlc

93xfan

Banned
Outerworlds I would play first, think theoretically it could go away which reminds me that I need to go back and finish the dlc

Don’t think any of the Microsoft ones will ever go away. I would expect them to stay there to make gamepass more enticing as time goes on

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Don’t think any of the Microsoft ones will ever go away. I would expect them to stay there to make gamepass more enticing as time goes on
Outer Worlds isn't published by MS, so likely when the Gamepass deal is up it will leave. That won't be the case with other Obsidian games going forward.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

I am thrilled to announce that Dark Alliance will be available on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Windows 10 PC, and phones and tablets via Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta) with Xbox Game Pass on Day One, June 22! The game will also support PC and console cross play at launch!

reksveks

Outer worlds is a bit of a weird one cause it is published by Private Division so its a possibility that it leaves. The rest of the XGS games will stay forever.

Top Bottom