• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatible lOT2l: Who would want to play these games?

Is this for real? Fucking nothing? I'd rather they stopped doing this shit of 4 one day then nothing for a couple of weeks and just did 1 each Tuesday and Thursday in all honesty

CRZYSPZ

Is this for real? Fucking nothing? I'd rather they stopped doing this shit of 4 one day then nothing for a couple of weeks and just did 1 each Tuesday and Thursday in all honesty

We got a GWG announcement today. Plus some of the team might be gone for Gamescom.

Just gotta be patient. We've been having some pretty good additions the past few weeks.:)

muzzymate

But then we'd all bitch that they were artificially holding titles back. Release titles when they are ready (from technical and legal) is the best possible solution. That means we'll get titles coming out in bunches. I'm fine with that.

nillapuddin

My only two remaining holdouts are

MvC2

MGS: HD

I feel like the time for MvC2 was this summer leading into MvCi, so it will probably never happen.

Some hope for MGS

muzzymate

RkOWZuil.png

Fez's 360 version was published by Microsoft Studios, so is there at least a chance? I don't know how that part of the relationship works though. I bought it on the 360 back in the day but never really put much time into it. Would love to give it a second chance.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
I got Lollipop Chainsaw at a thrift store today for 3 dollars!

Soooooooo, throw that on the BC wishlist pile.

scitek

Cross-posting from the first thread.

I own Gears of War 3 on disc, and redeemed it on the Xbox One, then lost the disc in a move...

I bought a key from Amazon and redeemed it on the Xbox 360, but any time I try to download and play it on the Xbox One, it still asks for the disk. I've tried the "clear Xbox 360 storage" option in the settings and that didn't work. The game even shows up in my "ready to install" list on the Xbox One now, but even installing it from there, it still asks for the disk. Anything else I can try, or am I stuck only playing the digital version on my Xbox 360?

wvnative

I own Gears of War 3 on disc, and redeemed it on the Xbox One, then lost the disc in a move...

I bought a key from Amazon and redeemed it on the Xbox 360, but any time I try to download and play it on the Xbox One, it still asks for the disk. I've tried the "clear Xbox 360 storage" option in the settings and that didn't work. The game even shows up in my "ready to install" list on the Xbox One now, but even installing it from there, it still asks for the disk. Anything else I can try, or am I stuck only playing the digital version on my Xbox 360?

360 storage is your save files.

on the xbox one home screen, go to your installed games and press the view button on the gears 3 tile, click uninstall.

im_dany

Does it say you own it on the marketplace website? The install is supposed to work for both disc an digital, I've done it a few times (both X1 and X360 games).

Enjoying Ass Creed 2 so far and was wondering since i see Brotherhood and Revelations on BC sale, which one is the better follow up?

They all kind of hold together well as a three part story. Brotherhood is situated in Rome, while Revelations is the last of the AC2 trilogy set in Istanbul. I found the latter the most interesting, but one really should all play them together. Just maybe start going for main missions as you might tire out of the concept if you play them intensely. All depends on your patience really.

Here's hoping for Deadly Premonition today. Between Twin Peaks on the air and the press around The Good Life's campaign I could see a spike in sales if it went back compat nowish.

Alx

Enjoying Ass Creed 2 so far and was wondering since i see Brotherhood and Revelations on BC sale, which one is the better follow up?

They all kind of hold together well as a three part story. Brotherhood is situated in Rome, while Revelations is the last of the AC2 trilogy set in Istanbul. I found the latter the most interesting, but one really should all play them together. Just maybe start going for main missions as you might tire out of the concept if you play them intensely. All depends on your patience really.

Yep I would also recommend Revelations over Brotherhood.
Brotherhood is mostly "more of the same" compared to AC2, since it's also in Italian Renaissance, but I thought Rome was less interesting than Venice and Florence. It introduces the whole Assassin guild stuff, but that is in Revelations too, plus the bomb crafting and tower defense. I think Brotherhood does develop the whole scifi plot, while Revelations doesn't.

So in short :
to see more of the scifi plot : Brotherhood
for new gameplay features and historical stuff : Revelations

Top Bottom