• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatible lOT2l: Who would want to play these games?

Fox Mulder

Like I was saying.....

lol

itl2BzD.jpg

Lol, had the first pop up in my ready to install. Bought it back in the day and hated it due to all the issues. Fuck Telltale and their shitty games.

Microsoft is the pro-consumer king this gen. I love that they're releasing BC games that already have XB1 re-releases or remasters. So good. And they've led the way themselves with their Gears and Halo BC games.

Literally the only thing that will stop Microsoft from making a BC game at this point is publisher approval. Their engineering team is on point.
Yes Ms is the best this gen for sure.

Keinning

Sure it's been said before but I'm going to say it again--

WTF is up with no Crackdown 1 or 2.

I was waiting to re-buy an X1 until Crackdown 3 dropped this fall. Was going to buy an X1X for it if it looked really good. Then it didn't look very good, and got delayed.

Seems like now would be a perfect time to release one or both on BC. At this point I'm imagining that there is a technical issue that prevents these games from working, because I can't understand how these titles weren't prioritized.

I suppose I'm in the minority but I thought Crackdown was one of the best games on 360, tons of fun and replayability. Many many people played it and enjoyed it because it came with the Halo 3 beta.

But at this point I'm beyond burned out from the standard Xbox trifecta of Halo, Gears & Forza. They weren't enough to get me to keep my X1 once I finished Ori and Sunset Overdrive.

Crackdown 1 & 2 on BC with 3 on the way-- and Cuphead coming--... that would get me to buy another X1.

I don't think they want to bring attention to Crackdown right now

muzzymate

Space Invaders Extreme just hit Deals With Gold this week; I've just bought it, hoping that it's a soon-to-be-BC title. Fingers crossed. :)

That's what happened the first time Space Invaders: Infinity Gene went on sale; it was BC within weeks. Weird-ass game, that one.

I'm hoping this one goes backwards compatible soon. It's the one I own digitally. Fun game! I remember getting that free from Trixie 360.

Haha, oh man. I just finished Michonne last month.

Ah well. It's good. I'm in the camp that sees this as a positive. I want the entire 360 library in the program. No game left behind.

EYEL1NER

I'm late to the party but I finally got my used copy of Batman Arkham Origins ($8) on X360.
It looks and runs like a dream on Xbox One.
Wow, I guess I missed the news that Arkham Origins is Backwards Compatible. Looks like it was early this month when it happened? I'll have to hook up the 360 and upload my save some time this week. I ran through Arkham Knight at the beginning of the summer, so maybe Origins will wash some of the bad taste from Knight out of my mouth. Origins is the only one of the four that I haven't beaten yet as well.

I do wonder if we'll see some work regarding OG Xbox titles soon. I really want to see if improvements are made compared to the games running on the original Xbox.

Personally I'd love to see some stuff on Black.

Edit: ah crap wrong link 😅

Yeah, maybe a different thread would be cool. Some people might not care about OG xbox games.

Might as well not care about video games at all in that case 😒

Lame remarks aside, I think keeping the BC programme to one thread would be the best. I don't imagine the OG Xbox games list being that big to warrant another thread.

Susurrus

One thread would be better to deal with BC as a whole. I doubt releases will be frequent enough to matter, also a lot easier to track 1 thread.

FN-2187

One thread would be better to deal with BC as a whole. I doubt releases will be frequent enough to matter, also a lot easier to track 1 thread.

Yeah, I would assume the OG games are going to be few and far between. I wouldn't be surprised if we only ever get 30-50 games in total.

As long as one of them is Panzer Dragoon Orta, I'm happy.

I think a different thread for OG back compat will serve only to confuse potential participants in the conversation and dilute the back and forth. Backwards compatibility is the feature. It can be used for 360 or OG Xbox. Undoubtedly, some of the most valuable discourse around backwards compatibility after the first OG Xbox titles launch will be comparing implementation of 360 titles. I'd like to see those conversations here and for them to not be hamstrung.

Do you think it would be feasible for EA to add Medal of Honor 2010 and Warfighter to BC? Those games feature Linkin Park songs and linceses must be complicated.

Do you think it would be feasible for EA to add Medal of Honor 2010 and Warfighter to BC? Those games feature Linkin Park songs and linceses must be complicated.
Not really - Black Ops 1 and 2 have licensed music for example, as does Bad Company 2 I believe? Medal of Honor is odd since it's running two engines (UE3 and Frostbite 1.5) and it's sequel well, I don't think there's much demand for them honestly. Linkin Park is pretty good with licensing their music so I don't see that being any issue.

I'd like to pick up both SF III 3rd strike and HD remix on 360. Is there any particular reason why neither one is BC yet? I have them both on my PS3 but that's semi-retired from active duty; if I can pick them up dirt cheap and play on my future XB1S or X( deciding between the two for the holidays) that'd be great.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
I'd like to pick up both SF III 3rd strike and HD remix on 360. Is there any particular reason why neither one is BC yet? I have them both on my PS3 but that's semi-retired from active duty; if I can pick them up dirt cheap and play on my future XB1S or X( deciding between the two for the holidays) that'd be great.

Capcom has been REALLY BC stingy for some reason. But Street Fighter 4 came, so hoping for 3S makes sense.

Street Fighter 4 Arcade edition is BC. I was just playing it with my son over the weekend. It was relatively recently, I don't know how often the OP gets updated.

Vanilla SF4, SSF4, SSF4AE and USF4 are all bc.

Ohhh really, awesome. I downloaded it as a GWG game a few years ago so it's sitting there unused on my account. I shall have to remedy that.....thanks :)

How does it play on the One controller and in general?

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
Ohhh really, awesome. I downloaded it as a GWG game a few years ago so it's sitting there unused on my account. I shall have to remedy that.....thanks :)

How does it play on the One controller and in general?

For me, the biggest issue is the 4 face buttons. but a fight pad really helps out: http://a.co/icyPRcA

Otherwise it is just like it was on the 360. I am sure head to head comparisons will show some differences, but I can't say I noticed any deal breakers.

Top Bottom