• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatible lOT2l: Who would want to play these games?

I'm actually happy we're seeing games already on Xbox One in the BC programme. It means that there could be a higher chance of every possible 360 release showing up in the programme.

Like I was saying.....

lol

itl2BzD.jpg

Wow.

muzzymate

I'll never understand why people dismiss games with a native Xbox One port being released in the backwards compatible program. Plenty of people bought the 360 version and now they can play it on their Xbox One, including bringing in their current save game progress. What's not to love about that?

Swarming101

Man, I want Fable Anniversary so badly. I mean, it would be even better if it got a proper 1080p/60fps port, but I'd take simple backwards compatibility.

(Also Fable Fortune is better than you might expect and if you're into CCGs like Hearthstone you should give it a shot)

Man, I want Fable Anniversary so badly. I mean, it would be even better if it got a proper 1080p/60fps port, but I'd take simple backwards compatibility.

(Also Fable Fortune is better than you might expect and if you're into CCGs like Hearthstone you should give it a shot)
This is all I've wanted since the program was announced. Figured it would have been a shoe-in since it was a Microsoft title, but I guess not...

Bizzquik

Its literally been half a year since the BC program last released a game that I was genuinely excited to see.

I think I've managed to get to "That's nice, I guess" on two occasions since.

Keinning

Its literally been half a year since the BC program last released a game that I was genuinely excited to see.

I think I've managed to get to "That's nice, I guess" on two occasions since.

Guess they should wrap the BC program up then, Bizzquik is not content

I moaned my fair share when COD:Ghosts was the only BC game one time but geez you guys take it to the next level

Look at the bright side, another week without Ninja Gaiden

rmatheso

I re-bought the Walking Dead 1 & 2, 500 days, Michonne whatever on Xbox One during a sale. The saves are not cross-compatible and I got to episode 3 on the 360 version (bought digitally). For completely weirdness sake i'll probably finish Season 1 360 version and then go to season 2 Xbox One version...

The interesting thing is if there are any performance enhancements...

Guess they should wrap the BC program up then, Bizzquik is not content

I moaned my fair share when COD:Ghosts was the only BC game one time but geez you guys take it to the next level

Look at the bright side, another week without Ninja Gaiden

lol

Yeah, it's good to see. Not everyone wants to rebuy re-releases of games they already have.

That too, it's a win-win really.

calavera_jo

Neo Member
Nothing in 6 months for me. I have like 20+ games left to get the BC treatment.

Longest drought ever since the program started for me.

Still, I'm glad the program isn't abandoned in good Microsoft fashion yet

shanafan

I'll never understand why people dismiss games with a native Xbox One port being released in the backwards compatible program. Plenty of people bought the 360 version and now they can play it on their Xbox One, including bringing in their current save game progress. What's not to love about that?

It's not MW2. That's why.

/s

FN-2187

My thoughts exactly.

EvB

Lots of QA required for long games, ran like crap on 360, lots of crash bugs. My (uneducated) guess is that it's one of the harder games to emulate to an acceptable standard.

Nah, it's unreal engine, there are loads of them now. Including all the Gears games which are maxxing it out

I'm suprised we didn't get a quick and dirty port, it was such a late game

modsbox

Sure it's been said before but I'm going to say it again--

WTF is up with no Crackdown 1 or 2.

I was waiting to re-buy an X1 until Crackdown 3 dropped this fall. Was going to buy an X1X for it if it looked really good. Then it didn't look very good, and got delayed.

Seems like now would be a perfect time to release one or both on BC. At this point I'm imagining that there is a technical issue that prevents these games from working, because I can't understand how these titles weren't prioritized.

I suppose I'm in the minority but I thought Crackdown was one of the best games on 360, tons of fun and replayability. Many many people played it and enjoyed it because it came with the Halo 3 beta.

But at this point I'm beyond burned out from the standard Xbox trifecta of Halo, Gears & Forza. They weren't enough to get me to keep my X1 once I finished Ori and Sunset Overdrive.

Crackdown 1 & 2 on BC with 3 on the way-- and Cuphead coming--... that would get me to buy another X1.

CRZYSPZ

Was planning on trying it out once they enabled achievements on it. Own a copy, so I'm excited to try it out!

GRAW. Fable Anniversary...

Losing hope here...

Both will be coming eventually. Don't you worry.
Ubisoft teased most (if not all) of their TC titles right after the BC program was officially announced. I think MS also said that Fable will 100% support the program the Gamescom after.

Just be patient.:)

FZW

I am actually excited for walking dead michonne. I enjoyed the XB1 version and now I can revist it and get more achievements.

Montresor

Microsoft is the pro-consumer king this gen. I love that they're releasing BC games that already have XB1 re-releases or remasters. So good. And they've led the way themselves with their Gears and Halo BC games.

Literally the only thing that will stop Microsoft from making a BC game at this point is publisher approval. Their engineering team is on point.

Why are people complaining that they've brought over games that are available on the X1 as a remaster?

People were complaining that Bioshock , Arkham games and etc weren't going to be BC, because we had the remasters.

Some of you are so negative. The way I see it, is that's three more games checked off. I get it's frustrating when something you don't have or want becomes BC, but it means that you are hopefully that much closer to getting what you want.

Now you can all go back to posting your endless wish lists :p

Zenner

Space Invaders Extreme just hit Deals With Gold this week; I've just bought it, hoping that it's a soon-to-be-BC title. Fingers crossed. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd5aOyxOtbU

That's what happened the first time Space Invaders: Infinity Gene went on sale; it was BC within weeks. Weird-ass game, that one.

Any other great arcade classic titles, remixes or fresh takes that are out on BC already? Every Extend Extra Extreme (E4), PacMan DX, Galaga DX and the like. (Not bunk like the terrible Centipede or Asteroids cash-ins)

If it was the Walking Dead and any other 360 game this week it would be fine. The fact that it's JUST the walking dead is a letdown after no releases
Last week.

Zimmy68

I'm late to the party but I finally got my used copy of Batman Arkham Origins ($8) on X360.
It looks and runs like a dream on Xbox One.

Top Bottom