• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatible lOT2l: Who would want to play these games?

I did as well. I have no idea what it fixed or improved. I really wish that they'd post patch notes sometimes.

I played about 3 hours today. I don't know what they did but the performance is nearly flawless. I do not recall it being so good even on the X. I wish they could patch the textures for facial shadows a bit and add AA but otherwise it's better than the 360 physical hardware in every way. Texture streaming is fantastic... Pop up is nearly gone.

I played about 3 hours today. I don't know what they did but the performance is nearly flawless. I do not recall it being so good even on the X. I wish they could patch the textures for facial shadows a bit and add AA but otherwise it's better than the 360 physical hardware in every way. Texture streaming is fantastic... Pop up is nearly gone.

That's great to hear. I started a game and created a character last year but I have since been holding out for a potential X ~4k update. Hopefully the BC team at MS can work some magic with the entire Mass Effect trilogy. It'd be a great selling point for the console.

Just a reminder if anyone needed one that the Spring sale is going on at xbox.com and there's a ton of good BC games on sale. Crackdown, for instance, is $3.74 if you have Gold.

Next wave of Xbox OG Games on April 10

Last month we debuted our first episode of Inside Xbox, our monthly premiere Xbox broadcast show. We shared news, such as support for Freesync displays in the upcoming Xbox Spring Update, went behind-the-scenes with our friends at Rare to celebrate the launch of Sea of Thieves, enjoyed an update on all things PUBG, watched the internet enjoy a healthy laugh at Major Nelson’s white-glove treatment of our giveaways, and even created an impromptu Twitter Moment thanks to Seamus Blackley and the Hyperkin Duke controller, plus much more.

We had a blast, and we hope you did too, but more importantly, we learned a lot from what you enjoyed in the show and what you’d like to see more of in the future. Don’t forget to use #insidexbox to not only participate in the show but to send us your questions and feedback as well. We’re always listening.

We are pleased to announce that the next episode of Inside Xbox will air Tuesday, April 10 at 3:30 p.m. PDT / 6:30 p.m EDT, and while we can’t reveal all our goodies just yet, we hope the video above will whet your Xbox appetite.

One of our most common requests is for Original Xbox Backward Compatibility news, and we’ll be starting off the show with a big update on just that.

Stay tuned next Monday for a full breakdown of the news and content you can expect on Inside Xbox. Mostly full that is, as we reserve the right to keep a moment or two fully under wraps for a proper surprise. We look forward to seeing you on Mixer.com/xbox, Twitch.tv/xbox, YouTube.com/xbox, Facebook.com/xbox, and Twitter.com/xbox as we celebrate another great month in the world of gaming and look ahead at some exciting new games and announcements.

Read more at https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/04/02/inside-xbox-episode-2-debuts-april-10/#E3s0AuRD7pFFzPl2.99

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Please God

Morrowind, Morrowind, Morrowind...

The Xbox actually had some pretty good RPG games: Morrowind, Baldur's Gate, Guantlet, Castlevania, Lord of the Rings (Third Age, movie-tie ins), Phantasy Star Online, Panzer Dragoon, X-Men Legends, etc.

What we'll actually get: Cabela's Deer Hunt 2004, Ford Racing 2, Frogger Beyond, The Guy Game, James Cameron's Dark Angel, GTA III, NFL 2K3, and Shadow the Hedgehog.

cireza

I'd rather just not sell my old console and not have to worry about these things.
I still have my OG Xbox with the games. Still, these games did not age very well, and playing in 480i on a CRT is not satisfactory. They can definitely get a nice visual bump to 1080p or 4K, this will make them a lot more enjoyable.

splattered

They're not advertising this as "The next wave of games!"

Maybe they figured out how to turn on full emulation for all games digital/disc and make it work :p

Havoc2049

Panzer Dragoon Orta, Otogi I & II, Crazy Taxi 3, Shenmue II and Gunvalkyrie please!! Some more Tecmo love with DOA3, DOAX and Fatal Frame I & II would be sweet.

Dino a Crisis 3, Otogi series, blinx series, Cold Fear, Red Ninja, Morrowind and Hunter: The reckoning series are what I want. I could sell my two OGs and be contented.

3rdman

All Sega exclusives have to find their way to the One...Those games deserve to be remembered.

Otogi 1 and 2, Orta, JSRF, Gun Valkerie, etc

...oh and for all that is holy, I'd pay to get Steel Battalion on BC. ( :( I know...I know...)

rmatheso

Was going to buy Divinity II but it looks like it's back to full price. BC game announced as the sale expired? Not impressed.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Was going to buy Divinity II but it looks like it's back to full price. BC game announced as the sale expired? Not impressed.

Yeah, that's some straight up bullshit.

Pantz

I am so happy. I bought Divinity II a while back on sale by accident thinking it was BC, and now it is!! I'm part way through but will happily continue over on my Xbox One X.

OH-MyCar

All Sega exclusives have to find their way to the One...Those games deserve to be remembered.

Otogi 1 and 2, Orta, JSRF, Gun Valkerie, etc

...oh and for all that is holy, I'd pay to get Steel Battalion on BC. ( :( I know...I know...)

This 100x over. I bought an Xbox solely for JSRF the day it was released and used the system almost exclusively for its Sega lineup (well, that and Ninja Gaiden).

For those of us who couldn't get over the loss of the Dreamcast, the Xbox was amazing at the time. It'd be nice if they actually remembered what a great asset Sega can be to western audiences.

frogger

Yeah. I was big fan of Saturn and Dreamcast. I did switch to PS1 and PS2.. But when Xbox came out, It quickly filled the void inside me.

Last edited:

Artistic

Is COD 4 MP still active and fully functional or would one just be better off purchasing the remaster?
Hopefully this would drive the price down on the remaster as well.

Last edited:

Gideon_128

Gears 2 downsampled to 1080p
LtmILzY.png

pawel86ck

Banned
RDR graphics looks comparable to GTA 5 now, just amazing what MS engineers have accomplished with just simpe emulation. If weak jaguar cors are able to emulate x360, than PC should run x360 games at 60fps no problem.

Gears Of War 2 also looks great (picture is very clean and aliasing is totally gone), although I will have to replay that game again in order to make some better looking screenshots.
a0cc411f-a09c-4e4f-9293-d4fbe06838c7.png

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
My dream would be to have all of the Sega developed Xbox/Xbox 360 games be backward compatible. Orta and Generations were on the top of my list though.

Just tried a load of old Xbox games but because I imported all my old consoles the games won't work on my UK Xbox One, anyone know if there is a work around? I changed the location on the console but no joy there

Top Bottom