• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatible lOT2l: Who would want to play these games?

MilkyJoe

Isn't the second OG BC drop Thursday 26th April?

• Destroy All Humans!
  • Full Spectrum Warrior
  • Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction
  • MX Unleashed
  • Panzer Elite Action: Fields of Glory
  • Star Wars Battlefront
  • Star Wars Battlefront II
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
  • Star Wars Jedi Starfighter
  • Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
  • Star Wars Republic Commando
Time to get back to the Academy.

Gentlemen, ladies... Choose your weapons...
izx4yt.jpg

I think I'm going to go green or Orange this time...

BBIAJ

Neo Member
  • Destroy All Humans!
  • Full Spectrum Warrior
  • MX Unleashed
  • Star Wars Battlefront

izx4yt.jpg

I only have Destroy All Humans!, Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction, and Star Wars: Republic Commando from the second drop, but I'm looking forward to seeing if it's emulated better than it was on Xbox 360.

I still haven't tried Panzer Dragoon Orta yet to see if you can play beyond level 3, as I know I couldn't on the Xbox 360 BC version for some reason.

MilkyJoe

I only have Destroy All Humans!, Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction, and Star Wars: Republic Commando from the second drop, but I'm looking forward to seeing if it's emulated better than it was on Xbox 360.

I still haven't tried Panzer Dragoon Orta yet to see if you can play beyond level 3, as I know I couldn't on the Xbox 360 BC version for some reason.

I've only got Jedi Academy, Pirates and SSX left. I will have to pick these all up second hand or just buy them digital if it's much cheaper. Which i suspect they will be after a peruse of eBay and CeX

BBIAJ

Neo Member
I've only got Jedi Academy, Pirates and SSX left. I will have to pick these all up second hand or just buy them digital if it's much cheaper. Which i suspect they will be after a peruse of eBay and CeX

The digital prices have been quite reasonable so far, except perhaps Red Faction II.

It's a shame that you can't buy Psychonauts digitally in the UK, but I think that's about the only one you can't.

Last edited:

pawel86ck

Banned
There are still so many games on xbox classic that I would like to see:
Splinter Cell 1-4 (first two splinter cell games have compatibility problems on modern PC, and no gamepad support, and spinter cell 4 on xbox is totally different game compared to PC version)
Ralli Sport 2
Burnout 2-4
GTA 3 / VC (xbox version was the best)
Brute Force
Project Gotham Racing 2
Fable The Lost Champters (original version, not remaster)
Halo 1-2
Tony Hawks 2-4
Colin Mcrae 3-5
Dead Or Alive 3
Dino Crisis 3
Gun
Far Cry instincts (but I would prefer x360 version at 4K)
Jet Set Radio Future
Max Payne 1-2 (There are PC versions but xbox has great gamepad support)
Prince Of Persia 2-3
The Thing
Time Splitters 2-3
Ghost Reacon 2

Last edited:

rmatheso

I'm getting backlogged on OG games. This is sad. Going through Jade Empire right now before I become distracted with Republic Commando.
Next drop should definitely include:

Kingdom Under Fire
Freedom Fighters
Total Overdose
Metal Arms
Matrix: Path of Neo

Last edited:
I'm getting backlogged on OG games. This is sad. Going through Jade Empire right now before I become distracted with Republic Commando.
Next drop should definitely include:

Kingdom Under Fire
Freedom Fighters
Total Overdose
Metal Arms
Matrix: Path of Neo
Path of Neo would make me rebuy the Xbox version immediately. Even cleaned up it'll probably still look like crap, but at least it'll be a clean crap.

dolabla

Well, I picked up the Modern Warfare Collection since COD4 was added. Figured 2 and 3 would be coming as well.

I now officially own every release of the original COD4 :D. PC, PS3, Wii and 360. PS3 was where I spent 99% of my time playing it online though. I never bought it on 360 until now. Hope it gets the enhanced treatment.

CaptainABAB

The digital prices have been quite reasonable so far, except perhaps Red Faction II.

It's a shame that you can't buy Psychonauts digitally in the UK, but I think that's about the only one you can't.

I wish they would have a sale on the digital original xbox games...I would pick them up in a heartbeat if they were discounted.

ReBurn

Gold Member
  • Destroy All Humans!
  • Full Spectrum Warrior
  • MX Unleashed
  • Star Wars Battlefront

izx4yt.jpg

Jedi Academy is what I'm looking forward to. Hopefully it sells well and they do Jedi Outcast, too.

I know that I'm late to the party but this just rocked up today:

ZzHlPZS.jpg

I'm really excited to play it again. I forgot how weighty the manual was as well (but it's just in b&w sadly). A lot of the BC titles should get an official limited run physical release IMO. If small print runs of physical indie games on the PS4 can be profitable, then I see no reason why classic BC Xbox titles wouldn't also be worth a new print run as well for the Xbone. I'd rather buy something directly from SEGA than from eBay.

Now I have to pick up a copy of Jade Empire... (as well as everything else on the BC list, welp). The Xbox BC team are amazing. I haven't had any time to even consider turning on any of my other consoles in ages.

Last edited:

Cranberrys

So I bought KotOR 2 on xbox.com assuming it will appear in my Ready to install list but Nothing there. On my 360, if I search games on demand, I can download it. Strange.

Calibos

So I bought KotOR 2 on xbox.com assuming it will appear in my Ready to install list but Nothing there. On my 360, if I search games on demand, I can download it. Strange.

I don't think it's activated yet. I believe it will pop up sometime today though?

Leonidas

AMD's Dogma: ARyzen (No Intel inside)
Jedi Academy is one of the more impressive BC games in terms of framerate improvement. Goes from a highly variable framerate on original Xbox to locked 60 FPS on Xbox One.

Unity2012

Full Spectrum Warrior looks incredibly sharp and vibrant; and it plays like butter. Enjoying even more than when it first came out. The secret sauce MS is using is working very well.

I'd love if all of these comparison videos actually did more than just the XBOX. It's still a best-case scenario for a lot of people, a lot of us with XB1s are only on the original or S and don't care/need/want to upgrade to the X, so touting BC itself as some amazing thing and showing all these gains from it over its original hardware and then it being on the X... it seems a bit duplicitous..

solis74

such a great game, i sunk my whole weekend into it lol, it's taking over my life again :)

such a great game, i sunk my whole weekend into it lol, it's taking over my life again :)

I absolutely can't wait to dive into it again. I completed a dark side run on KoTOR 1 on the X earlier this year and that run just reaffirmed its position in my list of my favourite games of all time. I'm planning to do the same for KoTOR 2. On top of them both just being fantastic RPGs, I also really enjoy the combat system (specifically the queuing of commands). It's so great having them on the Xbox One platform now. I'd love for Obsidian to do a KoTOR 3.

Last edited:

maxwell247

Both Max Paynes.
Jedi Outcast.
Call of Cthulhu Dark Corners of the Earth.
Indiana Jones and Emperor's Tomb.
Stubbs the Zombie.
Wish something from that list will be released one day for Xbox One.

Last edited:
Path of Neo would make me rebuy the Xbox version immediately. Even cleaned up it'll probably still look like crap, but at least it'll be a clean crap.

Path of Neo is fucking awesome. If a remake of this was done by Rocksteady (under WB so it's not that far off) with with modern visuals 4k/HDR, holy SHIT.

WB probably just waiting for the new Matrix trilogy to drop.

Path of Neo is fucking awesome. If a remake of this was done by Rocksteady (under WB so it's not that far off) with with modern visuals 4k/HDR, holy SHIT.

WB probably just waiting for the new Matrix trilogy to drop.

For sure, I'm keen to experience that for the first time. I'm overdue for some Matrix goodness. Playing it with a flawless framerate and in ~4k on the X would be brilliant. I had no idea that another Matrix trilogy was happening...

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I'd love if all of these comparison videos actually did more than just the XBOX. It's still a best-case scenario for a lot of people, a lot of us with XB1s are only on the original or S and don't care/need/want to upgrade to the X, so touting BC itself as some amazing thing and showing all these gains from it over its original hardware and then it being on the X... it seems a bit duplicitous..

Well the X is the newest hardware so would be very weird not having that right?

Like still showing X1 showcase of a game when the next successor is out.

Cranberrys

It's an amazing game in my memory, the first KotOR was my first Western RPG (well except for the first Diablo on PS1) since I always played on consoles (and still do) and I was totally blown away. When KotOR 2 arrived I was burning hot for this game and remember vividly coming back from work on a friday, late afternoon, quick stop to buy the game, went home, took a quick shower, ordered a pizza and dived into the game until 2 or 3 a.m. I spent my saturday and Sunday, in my jogging pants, on the couch, the Duke in my hands. I was like a kid.

I'm currently replaying the first one and then I will replay KotOR 2.

Well the X is the newest hardware so would be very weird not having that right?

Like still showing X1 showcase of a game when the next successor is out.
Showing the newest gen version of a game footage isn't quite the same. This is BC available to all 3 versions of the Xbox One and only ever showing footage from the version of the console that is doing it a better service and saying "look at how amazing the Xbox One's BC is!" when it only is seen that way to that specific audience feels cheap. It's not quite the same as showing, say, all of the Destiny 1 footage that is based on the PS4/XBO version when the PS3/360 version exists but is objectively worse. And this is mostly just YouTubers and other 3rd parties touting it this way, not even MS themselves.

solis74

I absolutely can't wait to dive into it again. I completed a dark side run on KoTOR 1 on the X earlier this year and that run just reaffirmed its position in my list of my favourite games of all time. I'm planning to do the same for KoTOR 2. On top of them both just being fantastic RPGs, I also really enjoy the combat system (specifically the queuing of commands). It's so great having them on the Xbox One platform now. I'd love for Obsidian to do a KoTOR 3.

Yeah plus it looks great and plays super smooth :)

KOTOR 3 must happen!

Leonidas

AMD's Dogma: ARyzen (No Intel inside)
The original Saint's Row(Xbox 360 exclusive) remains the only game in the series that is not yet playable on Xbox One, still hoping that makes it.

I'd love if all of these comparison videos actually did more than just the XBOX. It's still a best-case scenario for a lot of people, a lot of us with XB1s are only on the original or S...

VG Tech shows Xbox One X, Xbox One S and the games original hardware in their comparisons... usually the performance difference between X and S is pretty similar, with the X performing 10% better in the best case scenarios, the biggest difference comes in resolution(in OG games and X-enhanced 360 games).

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Showing the newest gen version of a game footage isn't quite the same. This is BC available to all 3 versions of the Xbox One and only ever showing footage from the version of the console that is doing it a better service and saying "look at how amazing the Xbox One's BC is!" when it only is seen that way to that specific audience feels cheap. It's not quite the same as showing, say, all of the Destiny 1 footage that is based on the PS4/XBO version when the PS3/360 version exists but is objectively worse. And this is mostly just YouTubers and other 3rd parties touting it this way, not even MS themselves.

It says clearly it’s for the One X. Would be silly of them to promote the One when the One X is out.

solis74

It's an amazing game in my memory, the first KotOR was my first Western RPG (well except for the first Diablo on PS1) since I always played on consoles (and still do) and I was totally blown away. When KotOR 2 arrived I was burning hot for this game and remember vividly coming back from work on a friday, late afternoon, quick stop to buy the game, went home, took a quick shower, ordered a pizza and dived into the game until 2 or 3 a.m. I spent my saturday and Sunday, in my jogging pants, on the couch, the Duke in my hands. I was like a kid.

I'm currently replaying the first one and then I will replay KotOR 2.

lol
It's awesome!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Dragon Age 2, nice. I never played it, but I hear it's crap lol. I wonder if it'll be in the EA vault.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Dragon Age 2 is coming to Xbox One Backward Compatibility today

Cheers for the heads-up mate. I just scored a cheap & mint condition copy off of eBay thanks to your prompt post :D.

Dragon Age 2, nice. I never played it, but I hear it's crap lol. I wonder if it'll be in the EA vault.

It was no where near as good as Origins (and it was clearly rushed) but I still really enjoyed the ten or so hours that I put into it back in the day. I'm looking forward to diving back into it again and finishing it this time around.

Last edited:

Allandor

It's not crap, it is different. But still a nice game.
But don't expect and DA Origins. They just tried to deliver this product to the mass marked (like some other games of that time).

EBE

Not sure if anyone is aware but Banjo Kazooie has an awful glitch where everything ten meters out from you is hidden in shadow. As in scene lighting only exists in a small circle around you and draws in as you move Banjo. It's really awful.

Funny thing is I can't remember this being a problem when rare replay launched. Can anyone test this to see if it's a widespread error? There are a couple YouTube videos detailing the problem. Just search nuts and bolts shadow glitch

Shame as otherwise the game is still absolutely gorgeous. Really hoping for a 4k enhancement

I just order a physical copy of SSX3 today after watching the Digital Foundry review for the X version. I'm so hype!

I would like to play FIFA 12 on BC. It's still better than any actual FIFA, even if 2017 was great. And Max Payne 3 would be perfect too.

TheWatcher

Banned
Jedi Academy looks absolutely fantastic on the Xbox One X. Really hoping we get Max Payne 1 and 2, Jedi Outcast, and The Punisher. Hopefully they can drop 10 - 12 games two to three times a year (I know it won't be as consistent as the Xbox 360 releases).

Top Bottom