• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One BC |OT| "Fortunately, we have a product for people who don't own a 360"

Sh0k

Sorry if this has been asked before, but how do I go and download the Gears of War 360 games if I own the remastered XBOX ONE version? Everytime I select the games in the marketplace they say bundle and clicking doesn't allow me to download the games.

gossi

Sorry if this has been asked before, but how do I go and download the Gears of War 360 games if I own the remastered XBOX ONE version? Everytime I select the games in the marketplace they say bundle and clicking doesn't allow me to download the games.

You don't own them yet, they send the codes out next month.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
In Sony's defence, it's not them being 'lazy' - emulating the Cell on a PS4 just isn't possible. Microsoft pulled off an enormous technical achievement getting 360 emulation running, and that system was leagues less batshit than the PS3 was.
Why is it impossible? What specifically is the bottleneck?

arhra

How do I buy Fallout 3?

I know it was offered as an incentive to pre order the XB1 version of Fallout 4 but I already have it on PC. I don't have my PS3 anymore, my PS4 can't play it, and on PC it needs tweaks to get working. XB1 is the best option.

However, it says on the store website that it's bundle only. Can I really not buy it unless I buy FO4 for XB1??

The 360 and XB1 stores aren't properly integrated together yet, so you need to make sure you're on the 360 store page: http://marketplace.xbox.com/Product/Fallout-3/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802425307d5

Gears 3 definitely has performance issues, last I played I wasn't as sensitive to low framerates as I am now but the campaign was not that bad. It was only bad in the later waves of horde usually when a bunch of explosions were going on.

ajim

GUys, how do I go about getting NiGHTS INto Dreams onto my Xbox ONe? I dont have my xbox 360 anymore and I never had it on that, however I see it is backwards compatible and I am able to search for it on the store using my X1, however there doesnt appear to be a download section?

Can anyone help - I really want nights!! :(

LUXURY

You don't own them yet, they send the codes out next month.

They need to quit with this shit. Same thing happens with skins for special events. We were given the Halloween one to USE before Halloween, then it disappears before Halloween was even here and won't be unlocked until this month. What's the fucking point? Not even Halloween anymore.

GUys, how do I go about getting NiGHTS INto Dreams onto my Xbox ONe? I dont have my xbox 360 anymore and I never had it on that, however I see it is backwards compatible and I am able to search for it on the store using my X1, however there doesnt appear to be a download section?

Buy it on Xbox.com for Xbox 360, you cannot use your Xbox credit to do so though, unfortunately.

I asked in another thread but didn't get an answer, so here goes again:

Played Gears 3 for about 3 hours last night, there were these weird hiccups especially during checkpoints: the game would freeze for a few milliseconds. Similar to Fallout 4 problems, but not quite that severe.
Anyone else noticed this?

Poona

Really hoping they can get Tomb Raider: Legend, Anniversary, Underworld (including the DLC) made compatible soon.

Surprised they haven't already. It could have helped with their Tomb Raider messaging at the moment.

mike4001_

Really hoping they can get Tomb Raider: Legend, Anniversary and Underworld (including the DLC) made compatible soon.

Surprised they haven't already. It could have helped with their Tomb Raider messaging at the moment.

All in due time.

I am fairly certain they will add 10-20 new games every month.

Poona

All in due time.

I am fairly certain they will add 10-20 new games every month.

Hope so. I saw Bioshock Infinite is due for next month, so I'm hoping the DLC for that makes it in too.

Forgot to mention but would be good if they could get Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light compatible too.

muzzymate

Was a little devastated when I tried to boot up Geometry Wars that I had downloaded during the preview, and it failed to start, giving me a "Do you own this?" message. But then realized I could set my Xbox to offline mode and it would boot up just fine.

Edit:
Pretty impressed by the BC so far except Geometry Wars not showing, tried hard resetting :/

Sadly, it's not in the official list of backwards compatible titles, despite being available during the preview.

Pretty impressed by the BC so far except Geometry Wars not showing, tried hard resetting :/

Will Xbox One wheels be compatible with Xbox 360 games that supported a wheel?

Nope. When I fired up dirt 3 the tx wasn't recognized, was kinda bummed since Forza Horizon is probably coming and I own it digitally.

I asked in another thread but didn't get an answer, so here goes again:

Played Gears 3 for about 3 hours last night, there were these weird hiccups especially during checkpoints: the game would freeze for a few milliseconds. Similar to Fallout 4 problems, but not quite that severe.
Anyone else noticed this?

When gears 2 (not 3 I know) was released and you played it from a HDD install the game would pause for a moment at checkpoints because it was saving to the HDD as well as loading from it, so there would be stutter.

Since these emulated games run from the HDD they most likely have a similar issue when they save and load at certain spots.

What's the difference between this thread and this one?
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1099611

This thread was made for release while the other was made a while back, they should really both be merged since both threads are active.

Syriel

Non Rare Replay versions of Kameo, Perfect Dark, Perfect Dark Zero, and the Viva Pinata games have just appeared in my "Ready to Install" list for some reason. I don't own them digitally. Anyone else encountered this?

Yeah I do. I guess it's something like that although before today I didn't have any duplicates except for Perfect Dark which I actually did own digitally. And the Banjo games and Jetpak don't have duplicates still. Strange.

The same thing happened to me. I also noticed that the duplicated games had duplicated entries in the achievements list, one with full gamerscore, the other with 0/0.

Not sure what's going on there.

How do I buy Fallout 3?

I know it was offered as an incentive to pre order the XB1 version of Fallout 4 but I already have it on PC. I don't have my PS3 anymore, my PS4 can't play it, and on PC it needs tweaks to get working. XB1 is the best option.

However, it says on the store website that it's bundle only. Can I really not buy it unless I buy FO4 for XB1??

The free Fallout 3 bonus offer for Fallout 4 is good until February 8, 2016. To get FO3 without buying FO4, you would either need to pick up a physical disc (normal or GOTY), get a code or buy it from the Fallout 3 page on Xbox.com.

From the OP:

Where are my Gears Ultimate codes at?!

6f12a6aa-3aa3-4912-b890-7f98fbeaf2cd.jpg

Those who play Gear Of War Ultimate live online before December 31, will get their download codes sent out December 1 at the earliest for Gears Of War, Gears Of War 2, Gear Of War 3 and GOW: Judgement.

NiGHTS into dreams... store page on Xbox.com.

Was a little devastated when I tried to boot up Geometry Wars that I had downloaded during the preview, and it failed to start, giving me a "Do you own this?" message. But then realized I could set my Xbox to offline mode and it would boot up just fine.

Edit:

Sadly, it's not in the official list of backwards compatible titles, despite being available during the preview.

Geometry Wars was removed from the BC program at launch. It is not officially supported.

The game's inclusion in the OP is in error.

radjago

lost my Gears 3 progress. played yesterday for about an hour. I thought it saved shit to the cloud >_>
The FAQ on the backcompat site says you must manually quit your Xbox 360 game or start another Xbox One game for your cloud saves to queue for syncing.

Golmon97

Neo Member
There's some multiplayer footage of Gears 3 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLFEGNo2-sc&app=desktop

It actually looks quite playable.
Actually it's not as smooth when you actually play, but you get used to it. I think it's due to input lag because the video seems fine. It must be painful in mp because it harder to aim properly. Fortunately I only play horde. Here are somes other short homemade videos:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha7GN5FDorw
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ot53Cnhlw54
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i8XXfKZAcmE
I love horde so much :)

lost my Gears 3 progress. played yesterday for about an hour. I thought it saved shit to the cloud >_>

in beta testing the games save locally too if you don't have xbox live gold at the time, I tested it out a few months back.

Silly that it doesn't local save as well as cloud, you should be able to tell if you press start on the game and select manage, it will list it there.

Man, I forgot how much I LOVE Lumines! The fact that the manage game menu finally allowed me to redownload the Genki Rockets tunes (could never seem to do so on 360) is just icing on the cake. So good.

muzzymate

Man, I forgot how much I LOVE Lumines! The fact that the manage game menu finally allowed me to redownload the Genki Rockets tunes (could never seem to do so on 360) is just icing on the cake. So good.

Yes, Lumines and NBA Jam were my legit surprise entries on the list. Thought those would be in some sort of legal/rights hell and never be released.

Sanpei

Gears 3 looks so beatiful...I didnt expect this
It is nearly like next gen games :)

Gears 3 matchmaking isnt available yet ? I couldnt sign in to live within it

Bread

Banned
Anyone play Condemned yet? How does it run?

I hope it goes on sale sometime soon, I'd love to play it again.

Anyone play Condemned yet? How does it run?

I hope it goes on sale sometime soon, I'd love to play it again.

I briefly played through the first bit and a few early fights, sorry I don't remember how it originally ran but I didn't notice any performance issues with BC.

pizzacat

Banned
You are quite right sir....i agree

Could you play multiplayer ? Isnt it active yet ?
It is, I don't recommend because of the frames dying once people start bouncing. I've held my own but not trying to fuck some stats up to play for a bit, I can wait. Might play the campaign again

Fired up Gears of War Judgement this morning before work just to check it out. Had some really bad input delay. Is this something that happens because of the emulation?

SwolBro

Banned
I apologize for this in advance but every once in a while i'm going to come in and just shout

qKvWyDQ.jpg

ShadowRun!!!!! Please, we need it!!!

VGA222

Banned
For anybody who can't watch - performance is pretty good in this video. The cut scenes run a bit better on XB1. The gameplay is generally 1-2fps slower than 360.

Did you watch the end of the video? The framerate is much worse when fighting the Leviathan.

8bit

Knows the Score
No-one knows what will come and when other than a few comments about games that may arrive in the next wave. And even then there's no guarantee they will make it, Geometry Wars was in the beta but didn't make it to release for instance.

Still can't believe crackdown didn't make it in the first 104 they seem to have a weird selection process like ac2 but not the first or brotherhood I'm just afraid there gonna hold crackdown 1/2 for a pre order bonus to 3 and that's really gonna piss me off

Top Bottom