• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

U2NUMB

So anyone have any tips to making my pre order work? Stuck at 100% updating.. this has happend to be before with disc based games but now downloadable. It is SO frustrating when little issues like this in the OS pop up.

I do NOT want to delete nearly 40 gigs only to re download but maybe thats the only way.

Anyone have tips?

Edit: Seems pausing and resuming download a few times did the trick...

Edit 2: Nevermind... was able to start the game and play the first section now it says "content not installed, please finish then continue" Ugh this is so annoying.. why did I pre order weeks ago and pre download the game?

RavenH2

I do recommend REvelations 2! Check out my Raid Mode review.

Borderlands: the Handsome Collection is also a good buy, also Diablo III, Never Alone, Chariot, and Minecraft.

Thanks for the reply!

Great in depth review...I'm a litlle bummed that in RE:R2 Player 2 doesn't get to keep whatever he unlocks and has to start over every time. Can he share the main account's unlocks? or are there different inventories? (I think that in RE5 you could share everything with the main account.

Will check out Never Alone and Chariot. (Not really liking what I saw of Diablo or Minecraft)

Can't go wrong with Lego games.

I've been looking at Lego Marvel Super Heroes, is it on par with the LotR and Star Wars? we already played the LotR ones and Batman. I'm asking because the Lego Batman games were good, but not that good, they somehow felt a little tedious...

Thanks again for the replies!

DagsJT

I've been looking at Lego Marvel Super Heroes, is it on par with the LotR and Star Wars? we already played the LotR ones and Batman. I'm asking because the Lego Batman games were good, but not that good, they somehow felt a little tedious...

Marvel is regarded by many as the best Lego game.

Damn I just got this email from microsoft:

Dear [me],

We just wanted to let you know that some of the promotional balance in your Microsoft account will be expiring soon.

Expiring Account Balance:
$102.44 USD

Expiration Date:
Monday, June 01, 2015

I have a little over 3 weeks to spend a hundred bucks on...xbox 360 games and DLC I guess. Was never a big shooter/sport game fan and almost all of the AAA releases I want to buy are coming out on PC or I'd rather play them on PS4 when I buy one. Is there a series of threads on 'best of XBLA' that I can browse to start building a shopping list for this upcoming spree I have to take? Maybe a more appropriate thread exists than the XBox One thread but I don't know if those threads get read at all.

Whoop I found malfcn's may XBL thread, heading there.

eastx

Thanks for the reply!

Great in depth review...I'm a litlle bummed that in RE:R2 Player 2 doesn't get to keep whatever he unlocks and has to start over every time. Can he share the main account's unlocks? or are there different inventories? (I think that in RE5 you could share everything with the main account.

Glad ya liked it. The second player has access to the first-player's characters and unlocks. It's not unfun for an extra player, just a shame they can't develop their own stuff like when you play online.

TURBO1112

Anybody notice slower download speeds when Xbox is in rest mode?

I recently bought another X1 and was installing all of my games again. I left it on for a few hours and it made some good progress. Was downloading around 25gb a hour. decided just to turn it off over night in instant on mode and let it download. During that entire period it only downloaded at about 2gb a hour. Why the difference?

Anybody notice slower download speeds when Xbox is in rest mode?

I recently bought another X1 and was installing all of my games again. I left it on for a few hours and it made some good progress. Was downloading around 25gb a hour. decided just to turn it off over night in instant on mode and let it download. During that entire period it only downloaded at about 2gb a hour. Why the difference?

I have the same issue, but mine is even stranger: Only happens when it's saving to the external drive in stand by

Chitown B

Damn I just got this email from microsoft:

I have a little over 3 weeks to spend a hundred bucks on...xbox 360 games and DLC I guess. Was never a big shooter/sport game fan and almost all of the AAA releases I want to buy are coming out on PC or I'd rather play them on PS4 when I buy one. Is there a series of threads on 'best of XBLA' that I can browse to start building a shopping list for this upcoming spree I have to take? Maybe a more appropriate thread exists than the XBox One thread but I don't know if those threads get read at all.

Whoop I found malfcn's may XBL thread, heading there.

Do you own an X1? As this is the X1 thread. I don't see any problem easily shedding $100 on a couple games. Why do you have promo balance?

gar3

Speaking about PinballFX, if you but the 360 table you can still get the Xbox One for free?
At the moment, yes. I continue to buy the tables on Xbox 360 and then anywhere between an hour to a week or so later I can then get a "free" Xbox One version of the same table.

jond76

Banned
Slice Zombies is a little wonky. During gameplay it's fine, but after, it's hard to bring your hang up to choose something else. Then it times out and restarts the level.

Cute game though, the price is right.

eastx

Slice Zombies is a little wonky. During gameplay it's fine, but after, it's hard to bring your hang up to choose something else. Then it times out and restarts the level.

Cute game though, the price is right.

Yeah, the motion menus in Slice Zombies are a bit off. Motion menus suck. Also, it seems to lack 2-player, which is weird. But I do like the game itself.

At the moment, yes. I continue to buy the tables on Xbox 360 and then anywhere between an hour to a week or so later I can then get a "free" Xbox One version of the same table.

Thanks!

I am wondering now if the opposite is also true (buying first on Xbox One). I may try it, since my account is US but the tables are cheaper on our marketplace (that I can only access on Xbox One).

Bought Slice Zombies. It is cheap so why not a little of mindless fun? Also, Spectra is listed on the webmarketplace as released, but its page is nowhere to be found yet.

Spectra was also added with a date of 5/8 but doesn't seem to actually be out. I saw it on Smartglass, must have just popped up a little too early.

I also received a SMITE Beta code for XB1 if anyone is interested in checking it out.

Never knew TL2 was coming, neat! But that video doesn't look like it's being played in a console...

Yeah the numbers on-top of the bottom bar made me think it was on a PC at first but Torchlight 2 never got controller support and there isn't a mouse cursor onscreen. Just figured it was a quick and dirty port with even the UI not getting scaled for a TV instead of a monitor.

Vert boil

The first patch is up for PoolNation FX. It was either 3.4 or 4.3 GB.

The Ori patch also went live earlier today (6.7GB).

Alx

I tried the zombie Kinect game. Not as good as fruit ninja, but cheaper.
It's ok for what it is. Easy achievements too.

The Spectra devs said that was an error and on their Twitch stream the other day they said they are aiming for mid June

But next week we have Airmech Arena and Schrodingers Cat releasing, so no shortage of games

Top Bottom