• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

It's dumb really. $20 on xbla used to make people bitch about the price for GOTY tier indies, now no one cares presumably because no one is buying them.

I'm buying far fewer games these days with no demos, $20 titles I've never heard of, and a complete lack of smaller xbla type games.
Same for me. I'd take a chance on all of these indie titles at $10, but at $15 or $20 I haven't bought a single one. Doesn't help that there have been zero sales on any of them thus far either.

Edit: I did buy Slice Zombies because it was $8 or so with Gold discount.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important

Bessy67

Damn, I'd loved a code. :(

I hope we'll be able to set-up games with adult-GAF mooba-noobs, I might finally be able to hook up the headset for voice chatting and playing with a few gaffers without being worried about my shittyness aiming with dual analog!
They recently emailed me 2 codes. I used one but I still have the other. If you're still looking for one check your PMs.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
They recently emailed me 2 codes. I used one but I still have the other. If you're still looking for one check your PMs.

Thanks man!

Guys, I'm in! yay! :)

Now to look for some newbies like myself (never really touched a moba in my life) from Adult-GAF. ;)
If any of you guys want to learn or even play (if it doesn't bother you that you're good and I'm not) Smite together and are brave enough to put up with my Italian accent then hit me up, my gt is dashkap
(GAF only, adults only meaning >21yo at the very least, I'm 38)

99% of the time I game late at night, meaning US times fit right in with me.

Alx

Edit: I did buy Slice Zombies because it was $8 or so with Gold discount.

If you've tried both, you'll admit that Fruit Ninja 2 is much better though. If SZ is worth $8, I have no issue considering FN2 is worth twice the price.
$8-$10 is ok for impulse buy and make average games worth the purchase, but I don't think it should be a unique standard for smaller games.

Vert boil

I'm logged in and it says $30.

It was mispriced earlier, it's been corrected now (24£ in the UK versus 4£ earlier).

It's working now for people that bought it. It'll show episode 1 in the 'Ready to install' list and you can install the other two released episodes by selecting to Manage game.

Alx

How is Boom Ball?

Does it have a 2 player mode?

It's ok. Slower and less frantic than the Ricochet mode in Kinect Adventures, but it's decently done, with many levels to unlock which give a sense of progression.
I don't think there's a 2 player mode.

Finally yesterday i have a chance to play lifeless planet and i enjoyed the game a lot.I only played 6 hours and when i go out to the dashboard the achievement for playing 10 hours pop.Good for me.

Cool game but do you know the price?
It isn't my place to say the price, but I think you will be very happy with it :)

bryehn

Just finished Lifeless Planet. The end got pretty trippy. Would have liked to see more survival elements, but it was a pretty cool experience. One of the best 6/10 games I've played in a while. Took me about 8 hours I'd guess.

Well, I started NERO yesterday and ended up falling asleep while playing it. I was tired going in, though, due to a restless night at a friend's.

I finished the caves and found most of the collectibles. It was really bland, though.

I kept dozing off for a second, hitting the joystick, waking up and walking the wrong way. It was annoying, haha.

Two other things:

1) Spy Chameleon looks neat, but I assume it'll get frustratingly difficult and annoy me with hard puzzles.

2) Raging Justice looks neat and is very nostalgic for me. The main characters look like they move too slowly, though.

Chitown B

Nero runs like ass. I only walked around for 5 minutes in it, so maybe it gets better, but wow... it's like running a game on a really old PC.

yup, makes a HORRIBLE first impression. Played for half an hour, never asked for a refund (and I bought a shit ton of games) but will do for this. I like puzzle games, but everything about this screams low quality. The movement feels super slow and clunky, even if you are running, the graphics are really not good and the puzzles so far are only push this button, and use blue light to push this button. I'm sure this will probably change, but it seems more like an unfinished quake 3 mod by some not so skilled hobby devs. Maybe if more reviews come in that praise the game I'll try again if its discounted, but right now I'm turned off unfortunately :( Was hoping this could hold me over until tuesday....

Yeah I just started it and it's making me sick. It's running at like 20fps. How do you ask for a refund?

Chitown B

Yeah I just started it and it's making me sick. It's running at like 20fps. How do you ask for a refund?

'Oh, just a heads up and to set an expectation, Since you successfully downloaded the game without any issue, all purchased made online are final. Since you successfully downloaded the game without any issue."

In Chat.

'Oh, just a heads up and to set an expectation, Since you successfully downloaded the game without any issue, all purchased made online are final. Since you successfully downloaded the game without any issue."

In Chat.

If you're still really put off by the game, I'll bet that if you opened a new chat with a different rep, you might find a different answer. Seems to be how customer service operates.

Looks like this week deals are Dragon Age Inquisition (50% off), Dragon Ball Xenoverse (33% off), MGS Ground Zeroes (50% off) and Destiny 33% off).

A couple of indies are on sale too

Jet Car Stunts is £2.39 (down from £3.99)
Unmechanical Extended £4.79 (down from £7.99)

I recommend Unmechanical, its pretty good and less than £5 is a good price

U2NUMB

I know I might be the only one wanting it but.. damn it put up the Farming Sim 15 game.. they have 99 cent tractor up now but not the full game!

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
wow so dragon age 50% off and plus 10% off because of EA Access. Thats 27$. I might just get it.

Chitown B

If you're still really put off by the game, I'll bet that if you opened a new chat with a different rep, you might find a different answer. Seems to be how customer service operates.

yeah maybe. the person wanted me to delete and re-download 8GB of game while I was in the chat. No thanks, I don't want the game - that's the point.

I wanted to play it. But it can't, due to the awful FPS. It makes me sick.

I finished NERO today. Overall, it was a 2.5-3 hour long game with exploration/some issues with puzzles. I'm not great at puzzles in games, nor do I enjoy them, especially if they're obtuse.

The game itself is hard to rate. It's unlike practically anything else out there, for better and for worse.

I like how they tackled important issues, such as
mental health, grief and loss
, especially since I deal with
depression myself and have had lots of suicidal ideation thoughts.

The art style was also kind of cool with the neon accents, but the game's engine was a mess. It ran like crap, was even worse when the light orb was out and also almost froze on me once, or so it seemed. It's very poorly optimized, and also doesn't really look that good overall; it's just got the neon going for it.

A lot of it was too dark. Most of the levels were uninteresting. The puzzles were mostly bland. And there was next to nothing to do but walk at a snail's pace.

As a game, it failed, but it told an interesting tale.

I'd maybe give it 1.5 or 2/5.

Well Farming Sim 2015 is up... I bought it.. 2.8 gigs or so to download.. runs fairly well, certainly has pop in and not equal to max settings on PC which I think is sorta shitty as X1 can handle better than the visuals I am seeing BUT.. its Farm Sim on my X1 so you know what you are getting if you have played it before.

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-O...lator-15/05e6f254-6a46-49c1-93a0-f740899d86a6

Glad it's not big. I've gotta' download it and review it, and my Internet is slow. I also have next to no space left.

Top Bottom