• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

jond76

Banned
Just finished Lifeless Planet. I really loved this game. Amazing atmosphere. Intriguing environments. I was afraid for the ending but that was great too.

This game was just a pleasure to play. The glowy vines near the end were tripping me out. Haha

Made by one guy. Really good.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Just finished Lifeless Planet. I really loved this game. Amazing atmosphere. Intriguing environments. I was afraid for the ending but that was great too.

This game was just a pleasure to play. The glowy vines near the end were tripping me out. Haha

Made by one guy. Really good.

Same for me.Excellent game.

Bessy67

I told you all you would like the price of Spy Chameleon :)

https://twitter.com/unfinishedpixel/status/601335583768739840

Buy it, there are 75 levels, with 3 objectives in each, and two difficulty mode that should keep you playing for a bit. I was having a blast yesterday and I am only on level 25
Wow, can't beat that price. It's nice to see some smaller games still coming out for nice prices when it seems like most other "arcade" type games are all going for $20 these days. I just watched a little on youtube and it looks pretty fun; I'll definitely be buying.

And oh ya, global/friend leaderboard support that makes time completion addicting. A lot of my time yesterday was spent trying to shave milliseconds off of my level times in order to try and get first global haha

Looks pretty great, six player splitscreen is a nice bonus.

I'd really love to see what they could with a proper budget, MS really needs to get them to work on a big budget mascot racer or a new Hydro Thunder.

If you want to play the buggy game right now its on mobile, no idea if the console version has big differences but it looks more or less the same.

Spy Chameleon is tempting, but I'm not great at puzzle games and worry I won't be able to finish it if it gets too difficult. I don't like having unfinished games.

I played a lot of Mega Coin Force yesterday. It's a cool and addicting game. Not a masterpiece, by any means, but a fun thing to play for short periods at a time. It can be beat in 30 minutes or less if you master the final stages, which can be a pain.

There are four worlds with four stages each, the last ones in each world being enemy battles. Simply kill all the enemies that appear.

I'm talking about the two levels before the final enemy battle, because they can be frustrating.

With all these mediocre indie games releasing at $20 recently, it's nice to see one for $5. Gotta support that.
It's also a stealth game and I'm a sucker for those.
Bought.

Ape

Banned
With all these mediocre indie games releasing at $20 recently, it's nice to see one for $5. Gotta support that.
It's also a stealth game and I'm a sucker for those.
Bought.

who sets the price on the marketplace? MS or the dev? it seems like we are getting an inflated price to games on consoles when you compare it to PC.

who sets the price on the marketplace? MS or the dev? it seems like we are getting an inflated price to games on consoles when you compare it to PC.

Devs.

And the whole pricing thing is to do with platform fees and dev kit fees etc, its been blurred a lot with Steam and valves cut and on ID@Xbox for example MS giving out kits for free but there used to be a decent reason for it anyway

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
My wife will play this, she loves Zuma.

Reminds me too to zuma.

Released today,

spy8ur1n.png

Spy Chameleon - 5$, 488MB.
Nice to see you here.

Spy Chameleon is well worth the $5 in my opinion.

A very simplistic game but also very fun and very addicting. I'm having a great time with it so far after about 35 levels.

eastx

Steve posted it in the GWG thread. Seemed to be a leaked e-mail/press release.

Could be fabricated I guess but I'm not sure who would actually go through all the trouble.

Some little site broke embargo. In their defense, the original email was worded awkwardly.

Montresor

Yeah I just started it and it's making me sick. It's running at like 20fps. How do you ask for a refund?

Nero runs like ass. I only walked around for 5 minutes in it, so maybe it gets better, but wow... it's like running a game on a really old PC.

yup, makes a HORRIBLE first impression. Played for half an hour, never asked for a refund (and I bought a shit ton of games) but will do for this. I like puzzle games, but everything about this screams low quality. The movement feels super slow and clunky, even if you are running, the graphics are really not good and the puzzles so far are only push this button, and use blue light to push this button. I'm sure this will probably change, but it seems more like an unfinished quake 3 mod by some not so skilled hobby devs. Maybe if more reviews come in that praise the game I'll try again if its discounted, but right now I'm turned off unfortunately :( Was hoping this could hold me over until tuesday....

I finished NERO today. Overall, it was a 2.5-3 hour long game with exploration/some issues with puzzles. I'm not great at puzzles in games, nor do I enjoy them, especially if they're obtuse.

The game itself is hard to rate. It's unlike practically anything else out there, for better and for worse.

I like how they tackled important issues, such as
mental health, grief and loss
, especially since I deal with
depression myself and have had lots of suicidal ideation thoughts.

The art style was also kind of cool with the neon accents, but the game's engine was a mess. It ran like crap, was even worse when the light orb was out and also almost froze on me once, or so it seemed. It's very poorly optimized, and also doesn't really look that good overall; it's just got the neon going for it.

A lot of it was too dark. Most of the levels were uninteresting. The puzzles were mostly bland. And there was next to nothing to do but walk at a snail's pace.

As a game, it failed, but it told an interesting tale.

I'd maybe give it 1.5 or 2/5.

A shame about these impressions. I've removed the game from my to-buy list - $20 is a steep price but even when it's on sale it doesn't seem like it will be a worthwhile experience.

Is Pneumia any better? That's another short, first-person puzzle game.

A shame about these impressions. I've removed the game from my to-buy list - $20 is a steep price but even when it's on sale it doesn't seem like it will be a worthwhile experience.

Is Pneumia any better? That's another short, first-person puzzle game.

Pneuma is much better.

Top Bottom