• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Vert boil

Released today,

badlandwlr3f.png
beachfqprx.png

Badland - 12$ (9.59$ with gold), 264MB.

Beach Buggy Racing - 10$ (8$ with gold), 247MB.

Also,

Project Spark
--Builder pack: Leaderboards - 10$ or 1000 Tokens (40,000 credits with premium)

Montresor

Am I making a mistake by not buying these "gold-discounted games" on release week?

I waited a looong time for a good sale for Unmechanical and ended up buying the game for $6 (instead of $10) - I'm happy about that.

I skipped out on Lifeless Planet even though I know I'll like that game a ton, thinking, "Why get the game at $16 down from $20 when maybe they'll have it half off at some point".

But do you think they'll delay those sales for such indie games? Could I be waiting 1-2 years for something good on Lifeless Planet? It's making me wonder if I should buy Badlands right away.

I don't think it will take Lifeless Planet 1-2 years to get a 50% discount but it will be a while, could be part of holiday/end of year sales if it isn't before.

Lifeless Planet is a bit more expensive than Badlands, I would probably get Badlands and wait on Lifeless Planet at this point. I find the gold discounts very tempting though and I like it a lot

Chitown B

you could also just support the developer now if you want the game for sure. Worrying about $2-10 seems silly if you have a career. that's what, 5-20 minutes of work at your job on the high end?

zorbsie

Speaking as a stay at home dad, every dollar counts. But when I'm excited about a game and it has a launch time sale I jump on it. Even though sometimes it can go on sale for less. I agree that the devs deserve my money.

I really do love the launch gold price cuts though. I paid $40 for gold this year. I'm pretty sure I've saved that much with the weekly deals and the launch discounts. For me the deals with gold have more value than games with gold.

any reviews or opinions yet on Badland? i have played it on iOS but was wondering how it holds up with a controller and on the big screen

jesu

Let us know how Beach Buggy Racing is anyone who bought.
It's one of my favourite phone games and I'll likely get it, just want to make sure it's not broken somehow.

BBR looks neat, but it should have been priced like GP2. I know $3 isn't a big deal, but with Witcher 3 out now and ESO out in a week or so, just going to wait for the inevitable sale. With mp, I would have got it.

jesu

I bought Beach Buggy Racing anyway.
I've done the first 6 races so far, it's pretty good.
If you like the mobile version you'll like this I reckon.Runs perfectly, looks the same.
A bit better than Riptide, but I'm not really into those Jet Ski games.

jond76

Banned
Let us know how Beach Buggy Racing is anyone who bought.
It's one of my favourite phone games and I'll likely get it, just want to make sure it's not broken somehow.

My wife and I ran through a few races. We both liked it. The tracks are fun with some branching ways. Power ups are good too. It controls well and ran great. I'm glad it turned out well, this definitely fill's a void in the library.

There's a lot of content for the price but the game can be very frustrating. The cheap AI combined with Mario Kart like items and a weapon that can be compared to the blue shell can drive you nuts.

It wouldn't be so bad if there was an online multiplayer.

Montresor

I don't think it will take Lifeless Planet 1-2 years to get a 50% discount but it will be a while, could be part of holiday/end of year sales if it isn't before.

Lifeless Planet is a bit more expensive than Badlands, I would probably get Badlands and wait on Lifeless Planet at this point. I find the gold discounts very tempting though and I like it a lot

you could also just support the developer now if you want the game for sure. Worrying about $2-10 seems silly if you have a career. that's what, 5-20 minutes of work at your job on the high end?

Speaking as a stay at home dad, every dollar counts. But when I'm excited about a game and it has a launch time sale I jump on it. Even though sometimes it can go on sale for less. I agree that the devs deserve my money.

I really do love the launch gold price cuts though. I paid $40 for gold this year. I'm pretty sure I've saved that much with the weekly deals and the launch discounts. For me the deals with gold have more value than games with gold.

Well I just checked out the full trailer and a stream of Badland - that game does not look like my cup of tea at ALL. I'm not going to get it.

But, I'm in the mood for a relaxing game to play alongside Shadow of Mordor, and so I went ahead and bought Lifeless Planet. :p Missed out on the sale, so that was a shame, but I'm excited to play this.

zorbsie

Well I just checked out the full trailer and a stream of Badland - that game does not look like my cup of tea at ALL. I'm not going to get it.

But, I'm in the mood for a relaxing game to play alongside Shadow of Mordor, and so I went ahead and bought Lifeless Planet. :p Missed out on the sale, so that was a shame, but I'm excited to play this.

Lifeless Planet is a really good choice. Sit back and take it all in. Really liked that game. Glad more people are checking it out.

kevin1025

Banned
Lifeless Planet is a really good choice. Sit back and take it all in. Really liked that game. Glad more people are checking it out.

The question I'm facing: Lifeless Planet or State of Decay? I'm getting one now and the other in July, but I can't choose which to go for first!

kevin1025

Banned
Did you have State of Decay on 360? 33% digital discount ends June 30th

I do not, I have it on PC but never got around to firing it up. With the Xbox One version now, I'm looking to jump into it finally, but it's on equal footing with Lifeless Planet for my attention.

I do not, I have it on PC but never got around to firing it up. With the Xbox One version now, I'm looking to jump into it finally, but it's on equal footing with Lifeless Planet for my attention.

LP is shorter but SoD has technical issues, SoD will last you a lot longer (assuming you like it) and you will get mega value for your dollar.

SoD imo is a fantastic game and LP is very good too, tough choice. SoD was one of my favourites of 2013 though

Kama_1082

Banned
I don;t know if this is the right place to ask, but I finally updated my Xbox One after not using it for almost two months and noticed that it had downloaded 50 gb of god knows what. I'm sure it's all game updates, but 50 gb?? How big have the MCC patches been?

kevin1025

Banned
LP is shorter but SoD has technical issues, SoD will last you a lot longer (assuming you like it) and you will get mega value for your dollar.

SoD imo is a fantastic game and LP is very good too, tough choice. SoD was one of my favourites of 2013 though

I'm looking for a bit of a longer game, and if it's fantastic State of Decay looks like it wins! But Lifeless Planet is definitely a July game. Thanks!

I don;t know if this is the right place to ask, but I finally updated my Xbox One after not using it for almost two months and noticed that it had downloaded 50 gb of god knows what. I'm sure it's all game updates, but 50 gb?? How big have the MCC patches been?

MCC just today had a major update, so that accounts for a chunk of it. But the remaining amount, not quite sure! Any of your other installed games have the star in the top right corner in My Games and Apps?

BenjiGAF

I'm debating snapping up Rogue Legacy but I want to see other player impressions first. Could anyone please share some/point me to a thread full of them?

I'm debating snapping up Rogue Legacy but I want to see other player impressions first. Could anyone please share some/point me to a thread full of them?
It's great. Haven't played it before so I can't speak to performance compared to PC/other platforms, but I'm having a ball with it. Haven't even played many roguelikes in the past (outside of Guacamelee and Ori). I'm really enjoying it.

Shadownet

Banned
Hey sorry to come in here. But I'm not sure where else to ask this.

I have a balance left on my Microsoft Account from the conversion.

But I don't have an Xbox 360 anymore. What can I spend the money on before they expire?

I see that Microsoft have a Video Store. Can I buy movies and TV show and watch them on my PC instead?

Vert boil

Hey sorry to come in here. But I'm not sure where else to ask this.

I have a balance left on my Microsoft Account from the conversion.

But I don't have an Xbox 360 anymore. What can I spend the money on before they expire?

I see that Microsoft have a Video Store. Can I buy movies and TV show and watch them on my PC instead?

Yep, http://video.xbox.com/.

You should have received an email a month before the converted credit was due to expire with links to the places you can spend them.

Windows Store
Windows Phone Store
Xbox Video
Xbox Music
Xbox Games

Vert boil

Yeah I got that email. I can for example. Buy a game and gift or sell that to someone right?

Nope, no gifting.

If you knew someone you trusted that had an Xbox One, you could buy xbox one games on your account and game share with that person (your account would be on their system and it would have their console set as its Home Console).

Shadownet

Banned
Nope, no gifting.

If you knew someone you trusted that had an Xbox One, you could buy xbox one games on your account and game share with that person (your account would be on their system and it would have their console set as its Home Console).
I understand. Thank you for the help.

Alright guys, posted in the other thread here but might as well hit it up here.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=165884537#post165884537

Just a reminder, this is going to expire tonight for some and tomorrow for the other side of the World. Supposed to expire on June the 1st.

Now help me pick a game for the X1, Monopoly Plus or Risk? I've played Risk on the 360, ton of it and thoroughly enjoyed it. Can't pick one this time though, I have $17.99 left.

kevin1025

Banned
Alright guys, posted in the other thread here but might as well hit it up here.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=165884537#post165884537

Just a reminder, this is going to expire tonight for some and tomorrow for the other side of the World. Supposed to expire on June the 1st.

Now help me pick a game for the X1, Monopoly Plus or Risk? I've played Risk on the 360, ton of it and thoroughly enjoyed it. Can't pick one this time though, I have $17.99 left.

I haven't played either, but if you enjoy Risk, more Risk sounds pretty good!

kevin1025

Banned
Yeah that's what I thought but I figured should probably try some other board game this time, which is why I'm leaning toward Monopoly Plus.

Yeah, that might be a good idea, too. I watched a random stream of it a few weeks back and it looked pretty cool. It also has online play (though I think it is only by invite, and not matchmaking...could be wrong!). Either is a good choice. I'm probably not helping, haha.

Yeah, that might be a good idea, too. I watched a random stream of it a few weeks back and it looked pretty cool. It also has online play (though I think it is only by invite, and not matchmaking...could be wrong!). Either is a good choice. I'm probably not helping, haha.

I ended up getting Monopoly. I'm sure Risk will go on sale at some point.

Top Bottom